PDW discussion

How good does Jow Forums think the AS Val is?

Attached: image.jpg (991x286, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jn0GaifbrXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No one here knows.

>doesn't know about the AS Val

UNCULTURED PLEBIAN

m8, the only people who can have them are russian SF or oligarchs

>implying that Serbia doesn't exist

It's not a PDW and it isn't used in such a role, if anything it's a carbine

I thought the stock was an aftermarket addon

>implying any Jow Forumsommando would even visit that shithole, let alone see on of the rarest guns there

its most perfect weapon to ever been creationed

Attached: vss_.jpg (540x1296, 161K)

>forgetting to mention the soviet wonder, 9x39

All of you are fucking idiots.

As Val is not a PDW.

AS Val/SR3m/VSS are the same weapon in different configurations. Its basically like calling a AR15 3 different names for different stock/barrel configurations.

9a91/VSK94 are the cheaper to produce versions.

Most people here have never fired any of these weapons (or any 9x39mm weapon) before, but lets go out on a limb and act like they are legal here in original military configuration.

They were produced and made because of the Olympics terror attack in Russia. The gun was made for CQC and sees a lot of action there. There purpose is to stop a threat in one hit, no matter what the enemy is hiding behind. And it does its job well. If you have a clear canvas behind the target the 9x39 is a great option, if the canvas is filled with other people, than its not as great of a platform as it penetrates and keeps going. Recoil is easy to handle, its quite enough to make for a decent HD weapon if you had to grab something and shoot with no time for ears.

The 9x39mm round is one of my favorites and is very enjoyable to shoot. And with wolf now bringing the round to the US with an AR10 upper, it will be interesting to see what the US market will get or what they will "recreate" for such a round.

Just like any other rifle, this one has strengths and weaknesses. Most here are keyboard warriors just like anywhere else on this board. Most guns with correct shot placement will kill you in a heartbeat, this one is no exception.

>Pic related, SR3 with a pistol grip stock for the guys who run in first with the huge ballistic masks. Ive also seen AS Vals with these stock configurations, just no pictures of it on my phone.

Attached: SR-3_vikhr_mp_1.jpg (753x251, 150K)

Finally, an actual Jow Forumsomando

If you get to call an as val a PDW I get to post this.

Attached: B4D24E80-A1A2-4015-BDBF-1AED0A37605D.jpg (1280x673, 58K)

>if the canvas is filled with other people, than its not as great of a platform as it penetrates and keeps going.
But this is wrong, 9x39 has just enough penetration to punch through something like a vest but it's not a fucking cannon shell. If anything it'll cavitate as soon as it enters flesh because that's what it is designed to do

IS THAT WHAT I FUCKING THINK IT IS???

Still want to see one thoroughly stripped

Anyone talking about it as a PDW is a BF3/4 player.

T. Someone who has never shot a 9x39mm

Believe it or not, they keep going after punching through people. I would NEVER recommend 9x39 for an apartment or other place where the walls are thin and there is a lot of people around. Way too risky.

>9x39
>oh that’s just like nine millimeter right?
Go home fudd

>Similar KE to 300 memeout
>9mm wide projectile vs 7.62mm
>Somehow better at penetration

9x39mm is a cool round, but for it to be good at penetration just doesn't make sense

Oh it's just bait

It has a steel core the size of a 30-06, that’s why

and it's subsonic.

>tfw no dumb range thot

You do know it punches through 10 layers of Kevlar at 500 meters right?

Doesn't mean it goes through people after hitting them like an artillery shell. The SP-6 which is the primary armor-piercing cartridge used with the VSS and the AS Val, goes through 8mm of steel at 100m, and I'd be surprised if you could even hit anything at 500m considering the travel time which is closer to 2 seconds at those distances

What the hell is this? Looks like a Sterling gun in 5.45.

w-what is this beauty?

Thats a trap though.

the elusive AK-47

>tfw no range trap

not all 9x39 ammo has a steel core

I seriously do not understand every ones fascination with this stupid shit. You'll never have one, get over it. Jesus.

it looks like it'd be really fun to shoot tho

>o not understand every ones fascination with this
it has a very certain purpose which could fit aot of peoples needs

>You'll never have one, get over it
we can have an american equivalent just as good

It's a Vahan. And yes it is gorgeous

its meme but really good one it seems.
t. slavshit enthusiast

If it will go through 8mm of steel than it will go through a fleshbag, and not all gopniks wear body armor.

Attached: 1529770490945.jpg (750x728, 129K)

>They were produced and made because of the Olympics terror attack in Russia
But that's bullshit. The whole family dates back to the Russo-afghan war, except for the SR-3 which came about in the mid-90s.

Vityaz is a PDW

Attached: 1396826404290.jpg (650x304, 22K)

>TFW AK-9 is was not produced or adopted

Attached: AK-9_Assault_rifle.jpg (1280x434, 160K)

It was produced, not adopted. Soon to be adopted to the US market

Ave maria

9x39 was a concept in the 40's but after the terror attacks 3 people from TsNIITochMash actually sat down and finished the round in conjunction with the VSS Vintorez/AS Val. Which was made in 1987. There was a great Russian documentary I watched over there about how it was developed for situations specifically like the Olympics Terror Attack where they needed a heavy hitting round that would go through anything and still hit the target, while also being suppressed.

The SR3 I left with the AS Val and VSS as they have the same receiver. The VSK and 9A91 also have the same receiver (And different Manufacture) so I listed them together as they were also the budget guns of the 9x39 family. All 9x39 guns were developed between 1987-1995

Wasn't it for sabotage or some shit? I thought they were for sneeki breeki spetsnaz behind enemy lines.

What does Serbia have to do with this?

I think OP is retarded

Muh dick. It looks so fun to shoot. What would be a roughly equivalent NATO round/weapon?

youtube.com/watch?v=jn0GaifbrXM

> calls the AS Val a Personal defense weapon

Like what

No you newfag, Russian guns use 7.62 compared to 5.56 (NATO).

The Val uses 9mm, making the gun expensive for production

I phrased that a little retarded. I asked if there was a western round/weapon platform that has similar ballistics and combat application as the 9x39 as val.

Oh shit mb

Most likely a variant of the Val, most rifles don’t use 9mm

.300 blackout, and it's way better than that overrated meme round.

Cool but highly specialized. Could be the final solution to the killing stuff problem with high end payload rounds - i.e. why use hollow tips nigga when you can use HEI filler nigga

this or .458 Socom.
But really .300 blk

300 doesnt have the same tumble pattern as the 9x39 making it far more inferior.

Well be getting tins if ballistic tests once the Wolf upper cones out to market.

Thats what I figured. Do you know if there are any SoF units that have actually used that round on people or is is mostly a hog hunting round?

>muh poison bullet
Congratulations Ivan, you fell for the propaganda. See pic for a far more effective subsonic hollow point load, not available for obsolete Commie shit.
I can only assume anybody running suppressors that could get their hands on .300 rifles, did.

Attached: Maximum-Expansion-300-AAC-Blackout-Whisper-Expanded_grande.jpg (600x600, 20K)

It's my best PDW in Battlefield 4

Serbia has the most guns per person only second to the US if I remember correctly. Not sure why he thinks anyone there has one but whatever.

theres, a difference between what they can do and what a bureaucracy would let them do. the biggest concern I could see there being with .300 AAC is what happens if you throw it in a 5.56 gun so you might have issues in a unit that has uses both.the fact the .300 will artificially head space in a .223 rifle and blow the gun up is its greatest flaw.

but it's not, it's a carbine.

If Stalker taught me anything, this is the one gun you need when fighting crazy Ivans in exoskeleton armor.

heck of a pdw

Attached: 6555802.351601208.jpg (800x600, 290K)

Not really bro, were actually somewhere around Russia levels of gun has per 100 peeps (30ish) and have cuck laws.
Each gun bought has to get a cuck stamp $120 until you get 5, and the first purchase of pistol/rifle/shitty is $240 for the licences, medical checkup and such. Until recently you could have only owned 60 rounds per year (shooting ranges sell the ammo).

Real fucking prohibitive, can't wait for Yugo war 2.0 so the albanians can shoot our unarmed asses, and the politics have their heads so far up their ass they can kiss Merkel on the lips.

The bloated number of 70+ guns per 100 peeps is propaganda aimed at further disarming serbs. USA has 120 guns per 100 peeps. Real sad feels around here and rememberance of the good times where everyone had a piece on them and they never used them.
"Do not draw me without cause, do not holster me without honor."

Yes, that was its original purpose, but it was very quickly discovered to be very useful for counter-terrorism. Big round with good terminal ballistics even after punching through ballistic armour? Perfect fit for those Chechens wearing the same armour you are.

We're seeing a similar shift in Europe now.. In France the GIGN are adopting 7.62x39 CZ Brens because they found that 5.56 wasn't good enough after penetrating body armour.

>.300 blackout

Wow it's literally 7.62x39 but fits in AR magazines, what an amazing round.

except its also specifically designed for sub-sonic loads to be fired suppressed out of a 10" barrel
so its a perfect cqc - mid range weapon.
seems to fit the PDW scenario

can 7.62x39 be loaded down to 78gr bullets, all the way up to 240gr? You can literally switch from a decent intermediate range cartridge to close quarters silent death only by changing a magazine.

300 blackout is great, and more people need to use it.

Хaхaхaхaхaхaхa Дa Coмяade

I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF SIGHTS/SCOPES BEING POINTLESSLY HIGH ABOVE THE BORE.

IS THE SCOPE SO UNRELIABLE AND FRAGILE THAT IT HAS TO BE INCHES ABOVE THE IRONS?

I HATE IT.

>7.62x39
>Better at armor penetration than 5.56

I'd like to know what ammo they're using.

>The 9x39mm round is one of my favorites and is very enjoyable to shoot.

That round is a fucking unicorn. How have you gotten to fire it?

>As Val is not a PDW.
>proceeds to elaborate on the many ways it seems to be a perfect PDW
how or why is it not a PDW ?