Knives

What purpose do these finger guards hold?

Attached: knife1.jpg (1001x415, 53K)

Attached: knife2.gif (425x283, 86K)

Guard fingers obviously

So when you stab something your hand doesnt slide down the blade and slice yourself open.
You coule even say they guard your fingers.

bump
Is it just an aesthetic choice?

Way to ignore the two crystal clear explanations you've already gotten, summerfilth.

the answer is literally above your post, you imbecile.

I hope you're all pretending to be this dense

>your hand doesnt slide down the blade
99% this
1% to catch another blade, but that's never going to happen
you can slide and cut your hand cutting a sandwich, nevermind a fighting human being

What is your question exactly?

>What purpose do these finger guards hold?
To guard your fingers.

Foreskin Removal devices.

Go watch "Forged in Fire" - History channel, also on Hulu and Amazon. You will learn a lot about knife design.

No, I hope you're pretending to be this dense. If you have another answer that varies from "prevents your hand sliding onto the blade and cutting yourself" please feel free to fucking post it.

Why the fuck would they design a knife so that the guard bites into your fucking thumb when you hold it?

Guess they didn't intend on the knife being used in a saber grip; perhaps a sideways grip with the thumb on the flat of the blade was the intention

Summer Filth
KEK

"These finger guards"
Not finger guards in general i.e. they way thay are curved.
Fuck, If people like you own guns they seriously need to be regulated

I hope you're pretending to not guard your fingers.

It was designed to be held with the cutting edge up.
First pattern F-S had the same handguard type, though it was a dagger.
>a sideways grip with the thumb on the flat of the blade was the intention
No. At least in the soviet WWII-era books I've never seen anything like it.

I guess I kind of assumed that. Thx.

apart from finger guarding they also act as a stop which is handy for widdling and butchering game

Neat original
Disgusting stainless homage

they look realy lice oh and you can push harder without fearing to slip into the blade

How did spanish and finnish knifers stabbed each other without cutting their own hands?

Top one is to deflect oncoming objects (eg. Another knife) away from your finger while the bottom one stops your hand from slipping up and cutting you.

>teleports behind you
Nothing personal, kid

Attached: 923CBCB7-2FEE-4D5E-9163-E64D497924BD.jpg (1080x1920, 438K)

I prefer this one, The way it's bent forward will allow me to grab hold of the blade for fine tasks

They keep your hand from slipping onto the blade

Spaniards prefered cuts over stabbing

>tfw no NR-40
w2c desu?

Historically one of the most common frontline knife modifications was the handguard removal or rebending. Other common things were making new sheath out of leather and soldier attempts at trench art such as plexiglas handles

Lower one is A&R Shtrafbat, sold on Lamnia.
They tried to market it at the time when Shtrafbat TVseries were on air, hence is the name.
When you need a nice knoif, it's alright. But if you want a faithful replica, it's shit. Especially the grip. Soviets prefered wood, birch bark and plexiglas over leather