Rifles/shotguns for poaching

What would be a good rifle for Poaching game? What is actually used? I am not going to poach, it for a writing project where the main guy is a poacher.

Attached: 8mm008-1.jpg (922x283, 56K)

whats used is whatever they have. if they could afford to pick a gun they wouldnt resort to poaching.

>it for a writing project where the main guy is a poacher
.22 magnum seems to be popular among poachers

people poach for trophies user

Poaching what kind of game? Rhinos generally don’t get shot with deer Remington’s.

22 LR or 22 magnum, maybe a 12 gauge

Anything beat to shit. Maybe an old surplus rifle or AK.

A carefully handled .22 at close range. Head shots.

National Park Service please, you're embarrassing yourself.

Attached: 1527596694691.png (344x409, 262K)

Depends. The average price of a dead tiger in India is so high that there’s criminal cartels forming around the market with rich men sending dirt poor people to shoot tigers. Often the poacher is a poor farmer in debt given the task by someone who’s already set a buyer for the dead animals.

In many of these countries poachers are shot on sight so they send expendable peoples.

Attached: 1D32AB6A-8943-49CE-8F65-743DD75CEFE0.jpg (1011x1024, 221K)

Personally for a third world poacher I’d give him some old beaten up military service rifle like a Nugget or k98 since that’s probably the best they’d get. Write it in as repurposed ww2 gear sold after the war or something.

Just a thought.

Attached: 64468045-6022-4718-A762-7C37F765A444.jpg (600x296, 80K)

sportered .303 is more realistic

Shitty AK-47 made by Thai children

In the UK it is shotguns.

This. Big game poaching or small game poaching ?

My dad knew a guy that had a cheap POS 12g break action covered in real tree duct tape, that way if he had to he could toss it into the woods and book it if he had too, another dude would spot light deer using a POS Honda civic while the passenger blasted deer with a garand boi, they never got caught because the cops are generally looking for trucks

ran into poachers 4 times while innawoods (separate occasions), 3 of them had shotguns

pretty smart. you'd probably want something with a big trunk though, like an old full-sized sedan. put a coexist or a hillary 2016 sticker on it just for good measure.

Where in the world does it take place?

I have been hunting for 20 years almost and my first defensive gun usage was against poachers.

And I'm drinking. I want to help with stuff.

Shotguns are basic, but .22lr is also best because mixed with silencer (pro or ghetto) and added with subsonic ammo. No one will know you are there.

Most likely small game.

Eastern US, but in a rougher economic times. most likely after a economic crisis.

Remington 870.

12 gauge with cut shells or a .22lr with Remington Thunderbolt.

>I have been hunting for 20 years almost and my first defensive gun usage was against poachers.
>And I'm drinking. I want to help with stuff.
Do you want to tell me about those encounters - so I can use it for inspiration ?

Yeah, pretty cut and dry, though.

>be me
>19
>take friends out for range day on hunting property
>start seeing fresh truck tracks
>good, young timber all shot the fuck up, signs of small game hunting as well
>post up on the other side of horseshoe draw
>they come out about 250 yards away
>yell at them, they pay little attention if they heard me over their truck and guffawing, pretty sure they did
>they fire at something, wasn't sure if it was us or not but figured 50/50
>several shots ring out from us with more excitement than accuracy, this was before my welfare queen training
>they tear the fuck out
>never saw them again

anything in 22lr.
poachers dont care about a clean kill and just want it to be quiet.

Hand loaded 308 bolt action with a supressor