$2800

>$2800
>untreated barrel
What the fuck were they thinking?
>but muh accuracy
The Euro version has a chrome-lined barrel and ambi controls.

Attached: IMG_1096-660x439.jpg (660x439, 98K)

>HK
Yes it's an abortion.
>What the fuck were they thinking?
Probably something about hating slimy handed civvies.

Honestly, I like HK, and I want to love this thing, but the way they justify the barrel being untreated is just stupid. Yes, chrome lining does affect accuracy, but it could be melonited. Even low-tier manufacturers are meloniting their barrels these days. Why would anyone with $3k to spend on a 5.56 semi-auto rifle buy this other than HK fanboyism?

maybe they expect their customers to be intelligent enough to clean their rifles after using them?

daniel defence made the barrels and fucked up big time

Chrome lining makes them easier to clean, and extends barrel life. Yeah, you can argue that these are civilian rifles not meant for full-auto, but who wants an almost $3k rifle that you can't open up in a class? I would estimate more tactical carbine classes shoot 400-500 rounds in the span of 2-3 hours.
I thought they were made by Lothar Walther.

>What the fuck were they thinking?
ATF hates HK so something like this has to be as sporter as possible for them to approve the imports. That's the only reason, as you can tell by the Europeans being able to get them with the original barrels.

They are, the blanks are just profiled here since HK doesn't want to make this specific variant just for the US market.

God ARfags are boring.

Since when does chrome lining change anything on import restrictions.

I could definitely see that since HK has stated on social media before that they get fucked over by the US and Germany's import and export restrictions, but why not just import them with dummy barrels, and have HK USA in Georgia install the good barrels?

>4 MOA

Not him, but the BATFags are notorious for silly shit like this. It's why a lot of imported rifles like Saigas and Veprs had to be denominated as "223" rifles, since 5.56 isn't a "sporting" round. I thought Trump was doing away with the "sporting purpose" clause, though.

its 922r

You realize the ATF has 100% authority over what gets imported, right? You need the import permit and they can deny for any reason.
ATF can still say no.

>being too poor to afford more than one type of rifle
I own four AKs for what it's worth.

Attached: 1523052523061.jpg (539x540, 25K)

It's not, obviously. I'm not even sure how you can imagine 922(r) being responsible for this.

>barrel treatment
>just for corrosion resistance
>not for resisting the abrasion from a projectile traveling 3,000 feet per second down the bore or 50,000 PSI gas from a fucking explosion filled with unburned powder
>not for making the barrel actually easier to clean
>not for making the barrel more resistant accidental damage while cleaning

a certain % of the parts and critical parts has to be made in the us. its the assault weapon import regulations

>ATF can still say no.
Under what precedent could they say no to the rifles being sold with proper barrels once they've already been imported, as long as the barrels were made in the US?

>using the same "if you're a responsible gun owner who oils and cleans his guns 5 times a day you wont have any issues, its your fault" argument people use to defend new 870s

Every other country than the US has the newer and proper HK MR rifles, its us import regulations fucking them over, and HK dont bothering with the loopholes

But that's silly since other rifles like WASRs get imported with chrome-lined barrels all the time. I'm not denying that the ATF are a bunch of faggots, but why would they bully HK in particular?

It could be German export laws rather than the ATF.

None, but that's extra work and money for what?

In 1989 HK was the only manufacturer to oppose the ATF's new rule about assault weapon imports. It's obvious the ATF hates HK, just look at what MKE and POF are allowed to import vs HK themselves.

canada gets chromed barrels

WASR is imported as a single stack rifle with a number of other compliance things in place. It is then 922R'd once stateside and opened up to double stack mags.

You could not import a MR223 without making it into some singlestack shit.
The MR556 is made in the USA and thus isnt subject to import regs.

Not losing customers to FN.

If what says it true about the MR556 being made in the US, then the ATF shouldn't have any legal authority to restrict HK from selling them with treated barrels.

>the MR556 being made in the US

Attached: mr556magwell.jpg (540x360, 42K)

Ambi controls cost about $20 to include on platform but HK needs to pay those multi-million retirement costs and Mutts are fools for a brand name

This is the same company that made their own knock-off of keymod for their nonexistent special snowflake line of accessories we're talking about here.

euro HKs have albert duval barrels I think.
If the US made ones have lothar walther barrels reprofiled by daniel defence, its probably because LW doesnt do barrel lining i think

Piston AR’s: retards paying an extra $1500 for a little metal rod lol.

a major defence supplier will NOT use a us patended overpriced system.
they just make som overpriced stuff themselfes so they get the cash themselves. works out good for mil/le which get HK gats cheap

>Trump
>Doing anything but shitposting

I thought the 416s that the USMC adopted have 1913 rails.

early models have quadrails, later models have propriatary hk keymod. mil/le can probably pick and choose

Geissele also makes rails for the HK416.

I guess it's confirmed that the USMC is full of retards then.

Kinda, sorta.

Attached: H-K-N27-promo.jpg (1200x675, 512K)

What I hate is that it's getting harder to find the quadrail version, which looks better IMO. I wouldn't care so much, except a lot of the newer versions also have a Fagpul stock instead of the HK stock.

the original big ass hk stock sucked though. end cap would fall of all the time

That was confirmed decades ago.

I thought there was an improved version of it now.

yeah newer version has the slimmer new stocks. not in us probably

It's worth noting that HK has the capability to produce rifles in the US now and we're STILL stuck with ancient A1 versions of both the mr556 and mr762, both with non chrome-lined barrels.

What the fuck are you even doing, HK?

The plant is up and running already?

>>$2800
>>untreated barrel

But HK uses Teutonic steel folded 100 times which is better than other steel that magically has more corrosion and heat resistance over hard chrome.

They've already started churning out MR762s.

You know it's bad when HKfags defend HK jewing them for bargain bin PSA tier phosphate barrel while putting chrome on military rifles.

Unacceptable with the countless CHF and button rifled chrome lined barrels on basic bitch ARs.

Attached: longwave.jpg (1920x1080, 732K)

Huh, what the fuck HK

So how are the new MR762s vs the old ones?