DEPLETED URANIUM

Do you support the usage of depleted uranium in the military?

Attached: M900.jpg (325x532, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/news/365671-fallujah-depleted-uranium-us/
theguardian.com/theguardian/2002/aug/15/guardianweekly.guardianweekly1
therenodispatch.blogspot.com/2013/01/exclusive-birth-defects-increasing.html
heritage.utah.gov/history/uhg-nuclear-testing-downwinders
nytimes.com/1979/02/15/archives/4300-sheep-near-nevada-nuclear-tests-died-in-53-a-willful-refusal.html
nytimes.com/1986/02/09/magazine/downwind-from-the-bomb.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_in_the_Middle_East
youtu.be/t9eybY9qFfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rt.com/news/365671-fallujah-depleted-uranium-us/

Why wouldn’t I? It kills shit dead, doesn’t it?

It causes horrible environmental problems that can't be patched over after an invasion

It also can affect friendly soldiers who walk past the area/target/vehicle by cancers and other health problems.

You do know DU isn't radioactive right?

I support U235 and U238 being used by the US military.

yes

I guess that country should have avoided war.

it doesn't have to be radioactive to be lethal.

its only 40% less radioactive
no point to fight a war that destroys the very thing you fight for

Maybe our country should not let Dual Israeli Jews lobby us/sale us bullshit wars to forge clay for Israel, and continue the military industrial complex to sell shit to Saudi Arabia and other shitheads

t.former 11b

Attached: 1524374647055.gif (320x180, 3.5M)

Yeah wouldn't want any turtles to go extinct after laying waste to a country.

>We need to be more environmentally conscious about how we topple nations
>non GMO gluten free recycled apfsds is totally just as good

Go ask kids in Fallujah who had fuckall to do with 9/11 or even the OIF insurgency how they feel bout DU. Probably have some thoughts on it deeper than your meme shit bud

No, it just works like a basic bitch heavy metal.

Don’t lick the wrecked tank and you’ll be fine

yes, and also enriched uranium

Attached: 4e96b12a03ff42d4ad32616b0bec2306.jpg (877x500, 63K)

its less radioactive than a slab of granite.

toxis as fuck as a heavy metal, though

Or breathe in any dust or smoke

no point to fight a war that destroys the very thing you fight for

T72's?

MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

nah i mean that shit is like an airborne cancer virus

>create incredible weapon
>gets deemed a little toxic
>the gids r dyen XDDD
>becomes political topic
>gets replaced by politician to look good
>I saeved the ground XDDD
>get into real war against country that isn’t a meme
>have tank rounds ping off enemy tanks
>get rektd
>same politician advocates for multi billion dollar program to develop new DU ammo he stopped in the first place
>the cycle starts anew

In short, dangerous things are dangerous. Welcome to the suck.

Attached: 6F7F99CD-FCF3-4D80-B010-40F7E708289E.jpg (453x604, 75K)

used on whom? I support the use of enriched uranium on africa, the middle east and, California.

This. The very idea that you would ever allow dual citizens to hold power in ANY nation is ridiculous. Literally split loyalties.

>t. turtle-lookin' contrarian

>Implying Iraq didn't sell the majority of its oil exploring concessions to Chinese and Russian companies.
How is Israel profiting from a Shia governed Iraq solely within Iran's regional sphere of political influence?

No they don't. They don't have any loyalty to America.

Why don't we ban conventional explosives too, that way we won't have to worry about unexploded ordnance on battlefields anymore.
War is hell and war is natural, trying to limit how it's fought is unnatural and ineffective

uranium is only arguably slightly more effective than tungsten carbide, the main reason its used is because its cheaper

>trying to limit how its fought is unnatural and ineffective

oh, so youre saying we should just use nukes

I see what you did there

yeah. nukes are not as bad as everyone thinks

>No DU in our abrams because the fucking Greens party got to have a say in which ones we purchased from the US

Attached: 1511700403729.jpg (389x379, 41K)

The birth defects of sheep downwind of a-bomb tests were very similar to those or children born after OIF. A quick look for new stories shows kind of what I was looking for.
theguardian.com/theguardian/2002/aug/15/guardianweekly.guardianweekly1
therenodispatch.blogspot.com/2013/01/exclusive-birth-defects-increasing.html
heritage.utah.gov/history/uhg-nuclear-testing-downwinders
nytimes.com/1979/02/15/archives/4300-sheep-near-nevada-nuclear-tests-died-in-53-a-willful-refusal.html
nytimes.com/1986/02/09/magazine/downwind-from-the-bomb.html

Yeah who cares what faggot hippies think.

>implying Iraq had a choice

Baghdad had the largest amount of birth defects of anywhere in the world last time I checked a few years ago, don't know how true it is now

>Do you support the usage of depleted uranium in the military?

Against heavy armor? Yes.

I also support the usage of tungsten which is similarly toxic.

Incorrect.

DU is an alpha emitter, in fact most isotopes of uranium are alpha emitters.

> He literally cares about children in fallujah.

I bet you ask your Shoot-n-C how it feels after you’re done at the range too, don’t you?

Fuck yeah!

Don't actually talk sense into tinfoilers, they will bury their heads in the sand and scream NANANANANANANANANANANANANA

Attached: we're coming for you.jpg (1200x799, 270K)

There was very little combat in Baghdad itself during either invasion.

The amount of radiation DU emits is negligible, it's like complaining about bananas.

This. Modern arms design is all about sucking up government funds to create something for a politician to ban for starbucks votes, then doing it again.

Wrong

True, but it is still radioactive.

As a solid mass you really have nothing to worry about. But one of the reasons it is used in weapons is it will form pyrophoric dust on impact. The remaining dusts are hazardous as they are easily inhaled, which makes you far more susceptible to alpha emissions.

Although the heavy metal poisoning is probably the more immediate threat.

>its only 40% less radioactive

As compared to what exactly?

DU is less radioactive than raw Uranium ore dug out the dirt and that itself is weak as hell as far as radioactivity is concerned .

dumb frogposter

Wrong. It emits alpha radiation. However considering alpha tradition can literally be stopped by your outer layer of skin it isnt that big of a deal.

No more so than lead ammunition.

Hey, I had an uncle who was killed by killer bananas in the Attack of the Killer Bannanas. It's no joking matter

Attached: killer ketchup.gif (450x284, 1.97M)

>heavy metal toxicity cause retarded kids
what else are you trying to tell us?

tungsten is also toxic and it's what replaces DU

Unironically yes.

>Go ask kids in Fallujah

Go ask kids in "insert bumbfuck country here" where inbreeding is not only common but rampant.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_in_the_Middle_East

youtu.be/t9eybY9qFfY

Attached: gdGNqTC.png (480x260, 235K)

And y'know, tungsten carbide is minimaly pyrophoric and self-sharpening, while DU is better at both of those things.

Shut up hippie

Attached: 1523917489911 - Copy.png (567x550, 378K)

This is bait. But i like it

Attached: 1523917291183.jpg (400x300, 32K)

Tungsten carbide isn't pyrophoric like DU when it fragments, IIRC. That's one of the main reasons the US keeps using it

based tungsten, added about 20 yards to my drive and makes a really cool sound when striking the ball

I'd like to see DU in small arms ammo
It's denser and harder than lead so its more effective at barrier penetration.
Something like DU core with a Tungsten carbide jacket and an outer layer of copper to protect the rifling. I'd shot that out of my AR

Attached: periodic table.png (1440x1080, 79K)

Go ahead and coat it with teflon too
just to piss off liberals
fyi PTFE coatings were used to reduce barrel wear not to penetrate kevlar

Attached: acf8001.jpg (730x348, 134K)

Do you by chance have a copy of the banana radiation chart? Preferably one that ain't for ants

Nukes leave less radiation then depleted uranium.
Its still highly radioactive.
There are other effective munitions but nuclear reactors have to dispose of their waste some how and i guess this is how.
I don't care as long as its not used on at home.
In 1 million years it will be lead so i guess that's something.

Rip

No, user, being born as an arab isn't a birth defect.

Depleted uranium is toxic but not radioactive (Hence, depleted) so you can basically just wash it off. Actual DU used is quite limited at about 9 kg per round. Uranium is also chemically reactive and thus receptive to solvents and cleaning agents.

Yes

>However considering alpha tradition can literally be stopped by your outer layer of skin it isnt that big of a deal.
until you get it into your system which happens quite quickly if it gets into water supplies (or retarded tourists pose for photos on/around/in burned out tank wreckage). At that point it becomes more dangerous than beta or gamma emitters.

>not radioactive
every element after lead doesn't have stable isotopes. The difference in half life of 235U and 238U is insignificant in terms of safety precautions.

Well, not strictly speaking, atleast

>Go ask kids in Fallujah who had fuckall to do with 9/11
Are you implying that the US invaded Iraq because of 9/11?

Attached: que.gif (500x375, 1.77M)

who cares?

Attached: giphy (1).gif (320x193, 819K)

So does pretty much all other heavy metals used for penetrators

no. I can't think of anything besides tungsten (as TC) that's used as KE penetrator, and that's pretty harmless.

A half-life of over one million years is pretty darn stable.

Tungsten is a chemical health hazard. There was a case with a tungsten lined barrel poisoning someone when they drank wine through it.

there's a difference between "yeah that probably needs some chelation therapy" and "this fucker ded"

Depleted uranium doesn't come from reactors you mong.

Chelation thereapy won't save you from heavy metal poisoning, user, unless your symptoms are very minor.

Yes. Why wouldn't I?

Do you support the usage of lead in the military?

That's more a result of Iraqis being more inbred than West Virginia than anything we did.

It's funny that all these deformities and such didn't happen in Serbia or Chechnya.

Two words people in thsi thread really need to clue themselves up on:

Cosanginous marriage

Guess which region has ridiculous rates of the above

Guess what it causes? Literal deformed monster babies

Dont believe media lies

Well, how else am i supposed to hit a moving target?

see id say lead causes far less demage to human existance than du

Iraq has a 60% rate of inbreding, particularly in the southern parts.

Of course, its just a material, better that it be put to use than left to rot underground as 'waste"

Another 1000 dead soldiers but at least you can post cool pics on net :)

>less demege

And you're basing this off of what?

>it's radioactive

Diesel and granite are more radioactive than DU and the method of radiation it gives off is alpha particles, which are blocked by the topmost layer of your skin.

>which are blocked by the topmost layer of your skin
the dead skin layer,
with alpha emitters it gets dangerous once they're at your mucous or lung or what ever. DU being a heavy metal means it will be there a long time.
but yeah, i blame low goatfucker iq on the deformations

Isn't the issue that it breaks into fines, at which point it has no issue getting inside your body.

it makes slavs butthurt for some reason so it must be a good thing

Not really. The fact that it's a heavy metal will do more damage far before any accumulated radiation to your internal organs.

Absolutely.

>they didn't even let us buy the good apfsds and instead have to settle for whatever krautistan will sell

the burgers wanted to give us the same stuff they used too

surely that has nothing to do with them marrying their first cousins