Hey Jow Forums

Hey Jow Forums

I recently got this milsurp MA5C. It's in pretty decent shape considering it was salvaged from New Mombasa. I dropped in am aftermarket trigger when I realized the piece of shit round counter doesn't work. It lights up but it doesn't count rounds fired. All it does is display that 32. Anyone else have this problem?

Attached: 102_3765_zpsf02ed3d5.jpg (900x675, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

halopedia.org/Downloadable_content
wepc.com/builds/best-gaming-pc-under-400/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reported to the UNATFC. No one needs an assalt weapon.

>not using plasma
What's it like being poor?

Fuck off, queer.

You're probably using shitty chink ammo, use hotter American made ammo and it should work.

>MA5C
>google
>it's halo shit

Attached: 1526765488749.jpg (1425x1425, 352K)

>not recognizing that gun on first sight
Do you want to know how I know you're a boomer?

Old halo is Jow Forums, peaked with reach
Nu-halo can fuck right off

How old are you?

Have a (You) for the wasted dubs

"Boomers" by 4chans definition were in their 20s and 30s when Halo 1 came out faggot.

Also Halo is fucking gay.

Attached: Ukraine.png (536x541, 200K)

Nigga the gun has a fucking LED display on it, and OP even referred to the display as a round counter. On top of that, he called it milsurp. Aren't you a bit of an idiot to think it's real?
>muh summer
Fuck off new friend, we have a halo thread like every two weeks

>not getting an MA5B with 60 round glockazine

Attached: AR.jpg (400x327, 18K)

This x100

I don't play cancer fpses on console. Sorry kiddos.

You gotta switch modes to "W" for "Wumbo"

Attached: Everyone loves cat.gif (310x315, 255K)

Attached: IZ6CDDrI_c8DieFcblE7ed3kSnutCFxdD2NHlgnek30.jpg (832x768, 72K)

Ok but not in Jow Forums's definition, plus Halo when it first came out was the best shit out there. If you weren't around to enjoy it when it came out you wouldn't understand COD faggot.

>flashbacks of me and my dad playing Halo 1
>he always gets mad when I one hit him in the back for instakill
>only good times with dad is simply halo 1

Wow you're so mature, somebody must blow you every time you boot up a game that's 20+ years old. How can I be as cool as you?

Hey Jow Forums, I was checking out my LGS, and I saw this. Is it handy for close encounters?

Attached: 1200px-Ithaca_37.jpg (1200x721, 278K)

What close encounters? I wouldn't worry about it.

Said nothing about the maturity level of the game. Though Halo is a kidshit franchise. I've only ever heard a few minutes of xbox live back in 2004/5. Never fucked with consoles again. That was the end.

Did you get surplus or aftermarket mags? Aftermarket mags tend to not seat into the mag-well properly, therefore not engaging the lever that tells the rifle to start counting.

>Wortwort?
WORTWORTWORT

>Halo was console exclusive
Stop posting any time

I was busy playing CS 1.6 with my brother. 1.6 was a far better game than gaylo.

Attached: logo2222-1500276635.jpg (625x468, 74K)

PC port didn't happen for a long time,champ. And it was a pile of shit till mods came in and then still not very good.

So you play cancer fps on pc? Please tell us how that makes you better than us o glorious pc masterrace

Halo came out during the peak of arena fps. Why it plays like a nerfed arena fps since you can't have speed like that on console. Unreal2k4 at the end and Quake III were stupid popular at the time. Along with CS1.4-1.6 and source. Had the BF games. CoD 1 and 2. MoH. DoD source.
If you weren't on PC in the early 2000s you fucked uped. Halo was trash and some of the best games period were being released on PC.
You can defend your shit game all you want. You still paid for a paywall, supported the end of mods, and allowed for dlc.

>can upgrade a PC at will
>greater functionality
>can modify hardware and software at your hearts content
>can download anything, anywhere, anytime
>can be built for the same price as a console
>games are cheaper
>can torrent games if you don't want to pay
>you don't need to repurchase games when you have to eventually upgrade a console to the next iteration
>PC gamers are always more skilled due to M&K providing better input.
>no need for aim assist

Do I need to go on you pathetic console fag?

>wasted satanic trips
Youre getting pretty defensive there, trying to justify not being able to have both a pc and console?

See

Great thing about a PC is you can have both, on the same PC with emulators.

Consoles ruined gaming

What the fuck does Halo 1 or 2 have to do with a paywall and DLC

Holy fuck a pc vs console debate on Jow Forums
Christ summerfags need to fuck off

See
There's a reason Microsoft allowed their controllers to be used with Windows PCs. And it's not because the xbox controller is the best thing since sliced bread.

Halo was one of the progenitors of the DLC and paywall concept. Halo, CoD, Battlefield etc. All made DLCs and paywalls to access content for their 60$ shitty games.

Before that games were the same price and had 10x more content. Then they had expansion packs which were 20-30$ and added a whole bunch of stuff to gameplay. Now its DLC city for everything including weapons.

I owned every single console when it was new minus Saturn from the 4th gen to 6th gen. I got a Saturn later. Had a NES when I got my SNES. Didn't get into serious PC gaming until very late 99. 6th gen destroyed the industry and allowed for everything wrong with it now. DLC/paywalls/online cancer all that started in 6th.

in4 wiki article about sega channel. It was
nothing like xboxlive.
HALO 2 was the big seller for XBOX live. Had paid DLC.

Again, give me an example of a paywall or DLC for Halo 1 or 2.
I'm genuinely confused
Even modern day Halo doesn't lock weapons behind a paywall or DLC, so I have no clue what the hell you're talking about

Other user here. You had to pay for xbox live to get updates on HALO 2. Also the expansion packs. They changed it later and made it free but if you wanted it asap you had to pay.

Assuming that the console market brought us to the whole DLC situation now is frankly stupid. OG halos had cheap af map packs and in Halo 2's case said map pack included a bunch of documentaries and unused cutscenes.
The situation is such as it is because corporations found an exploitable business model. If anything mobile gamong helped pioneer the shitty loot boxes and skin economies. Bad DLC's are just a perversion of expansion passes that was bound to happen because:
>gaming becomes mainstream
>companies grow larger
>seek to maximize profits
>sell less for more $$ and hope it works
>it works
>we are here
Even if consoles had not existed entirely and PC was the exclusive way to game this sort of practice would have happened anyway at some point because corporations are just greedy. Remember when sports was about sports and not business?

The expansion pack came out way later, wasn't that expensive, and included a bunch of maps and new weapons.

I don't get how expansion packs for an FPS were any different than expansion packs for any other game, the practice already existed. I don't think multiplayer updates matter either unless you're already playing multiplayer, what's the beef with not being able to download a thing for xbox live, without xbox live

This
Also map packs.
halopedia.org/Downloadable_content

Some PC games also require you to buy map packs. BUT There's a huge community for map making on PC that has been around since the original Doom. Only recently has there been one for Halo. You gotta pay for the console, pay for the game, pay for your internet and pay to play online on the XBOX. Wheras on PC you just have to build your PC, buy the game, often times on sale, and pay for your internet.

So basically Halo isn't the issue then, you guys just hate consoles in general as a concept

why hasn't someone made a replica MA5C?

>Get MDR 308 bullpup
>modify 30 round mag to 32 rounds
>Drill ATF hole, make it full Auto
>hook up digital servo/sensor to the auto sear so it detects bolt actuation
>plug it in to little onboard arduino computer, program it to output roundcount to onboard display
>make basic circuit and hook it up to magazine release, whenever electrical current is severed, it resets roundcount to 32
>remove furniture, insert it into an MA5C replica shell

boom, full giggle MA5C chambered in authentic 7.62 real fuckin nato

It took years before any DLC shit hit PC. Consoles it was overnight.
The updates not so much.
When you needs to pay a paywall to get updates ya...

Not sure why so many kids are so ignorant about how much shit was online in 6th gen and how much cancer DLC there was.
Again kid and this is the other user here. HALO 2 is the reason XBOX live became successful.

Attached: forthe6thgenhistortyrevisionists2.png (4197x6990, 2.56M)

console costs:
Console
Game
Internet
Subscription

Pc costs
Pc
Internet
Game

The costs are relativley the same for 2/3rds of the categories
But youre forgetting that decent gaming pc's are incredibly expensive to build and keep up to date
Console youre paying a one time fee for the initial device, are getting software thats optimized for the specs, and the subscription is infinitley cheaper than having to upgrade my graphics card every few years

While pc's may be inherently "better" they have a lower entry and upkeep cost that make them more appealing to mainstream
>unless youre one of those elietist asshats who no one gives a shit about

>When you needs to pay a paywall to get updates ya...
Again, updates for multiplayer.
If you didn't have xbox live, you weren't playing multiplayer.
So you didn't need multiplayer updates, because you weren't using them.
Only when you had access to multiplayer, you had to download multiplayer updates.
This isn't really a strike against the game, because the alternative would be to download updates for multiplayer that you weren't playing anyway.
Seems redundant to point it out as a paywall to content, because again paid online is a console thing, not a thing that Halo solely caused or started, it applied to all console games

Real bullets are more effective than that energy shit ever will be, notice who won the human covenant war

>implying Quake 1 and Quake 2 era were the absolute apex of PC Gaming

I mourn I can't just swing by PlanetQuake, download some interesting sounding mod concept, fire up gamespy, and instantly play a brand new game some guy made against hundreds of other players

Freeze Tag
Jail Break
Loki's CTF
Action Quake
Team Fortress

fuck... I miss it...

>Again, updates for multiplayer.
LAN isn't multiplayer? OK!

Attached: 1530038356201.png (975x1075, 1.6M)

You fucks just got lucky and took advantage of civil strife, have fun shooting your archaic rocks at me while I glass your planet you primate

*wasn't

I'm saying the early 2000s were. Up to about 2006/7. Then it went to shit. Everything became console ports and mods died.

Console doesn't have Arma. Boom, done, the argument is over and PC is the superior choice.

If you still played lan in 2004 you deserve death. Fucking boomers I swear.

Ah yes, lan parties on a console.
That was definitely a thing all the "console kiddies" were doing

That was a major selling point for XBox.... Are you two underage or just retarded? I know you kids haven't experienced real couch co-op because it's a dead thing now but wow. Sad.

I wish I could mod ARMA as easily as Quake. I see the cool shit you faggots do with it and I'm totally at a loss.

Gotcha. It all went downhill after Half Life for me.

>implying arma is any good
Not helping yourself there

The first Arma is on sale for one dollar right now. Buy it right this instant, and play with the mission editor until you get the hang of things. I like making 10+ infantry squads on both sides run at each other in a forest.

It's the only thing comparable to an actual milsim that's available to the public if you don't want to spends hundreds of dollars on a license for VBS.

You didn't enjoy BF1942 or BF2? As I said before I didn't get into PC gaming seriously till 99 but in the early 2000s I still played the older titles. To me the late 90s with the voodoo cards till around 2006/7 was the best PC gaming has ever been.

Lan parties on console were a thing

>bring your xbox to friends house with your friends
>network consoles together
>have 4v4 tdm til 3am

Or did you not know enough people irl to do that?

BF1942 was one of the most hilarious multiplayer experiences out of the box. BF2 was fun but the progression system was the beginning of the end. Neither had the incredible mod and community scene Quake had.

>milsim
I bet youre the kind of person who thinks airsoft is milsim too

>
But youre forgetting that decent gaming pc's are incredibly expensive to build and keep up to date
When will this meme die. You can build a decent gaming PC for the same price as a console, and it will last longer than the console. The software comes with the PC when you buy the parts, and if you're too retarded to get windows for free you belong on a console for being a fucking retard.

wepc.com/builds/best-gaming-pc-under-400/
Same prices as a console on release day.

Yes consoles can be like 200$ but you can also guarantee that piece of shit wont last more than 5 years. A 400$ gaming PC when maintained will last longer than that.

Nah, airsoft is gay. VBS is literally a military simulation used by the military, Arma with ACE is the closest most of us will ever get to that.

Well if you're into mods you most had liked Source. That's about all I played in that game was zombie mod and the escape/jump maps. The death of mods really killed PC gaming for me.

>when maintained
Thats the kicker, maintenance and upkeep will far outstrip the cost of consoles

Attached: 1529619322944.jpg (321x445, 146K)

Buying all the consoles isn't exactly cheap. And now they all have paywalls...

The third kind, duh.

So its not a milsim rendering your argument invalid

>a can of compressed air every few months or so is a fucking impossible task.

Holy shit dude, maintenance is blowing the fucking fans out once a month.

I specifically said "the only thing comparable to a milsim". Comparable, meaning not a milsim on it's own. ACE helps with that.

Console doesn't have anything even remotely comparable to a milsim, because consoles are marketed towards children.

Neither is building a pc

Even if you do what is screeching about, and get just a basic gaming pc, you can do the same and get a basic version of a console for cheap too

>implying consoles don't get dusty
They're much harder to take apart than PC's as well. My Xbox 360 recently shit the bed after having it for almost eight years, and the dust was so heavily caked you couldn't even make out the green of the electrical components.

Then your argument about arma being good cause its knockoff milsim is completely invalidated

It's good, because you can make it a milsim by just installing some mods. Even vanilla Arma on it's own is a very good tactical shooter, leagues ahead of anything console has to offer. PC has always had better tactical shooters and RTS games than console.

Couch co op is split screen though, not lan. No one split screen couch co ops anymore because they can just co op over the internet

Im talking about upgrades and replacement costs. Quit moving the goalposts dipahit

Except with a PC you can whatever the fuck you want to it and download whatever the fuck you want and modify software and hardware however the fuck you want.

Consoles you're limited to the manufacturer specs, and modding it can get you banned.

>Im talking about upgrades and replacement costs
It's still less than having to buy new consoles. Even if it wasn't, the much larger library of PC games more than makes up for it.

Holy shit this thread got retarded fast

What are the sub fees for those consoles these days? Like $30 a month+ for basic and more for w/e the premium shit is. That's like $300 to $400 a year....

What the fuck do you think maintenance is.

Maintenance isn't upgrades. Maintenance is cleaning the fucking thing once a month. Upgrades are upgrades and you don't NEED to do them unless you want to. You're being an idiot.

this.
That's like getting an M6C over an M6D.

>more than 5 years
The xbox one released in 2013
It's 2018 now with not even a leak or preview of a next gen console
Hmmm....
Meanwhile your budget PC that you built in 2013 can't run any new games unless you've updated it, or run it at worse settings than a console. Both of those things invalidate the argument of "PC better than console for same price because of long term"

>itt pc elitists and consolefags arguing about vidya
Go back to /v/ or Jow Forums

>wanting to run new games
Name a single game released after 2012 that was even remotely good.
>inb4 Doom 2016
It's incredibly shitty compared to classic Doom.

>like 30+ a month
Lol no, XBL is 60 a year. It's still not cool, but you're strawmanning real hard by saying that it costs 300 a year to play online. There's no such thing as a premium sub service for an xbox either, there's only one option to pay for.
Just play it through, would literally anyone own an xbox if it was actually 400+ annually in purely sub fees?

PC maintenance is largely automated and pants on head easy these days. It isn't 1997. PC hardware costs are drastically cheaper compared to then too. You could make an argument for consoles from around 2006-2015 but in the past few years PC has easily surpassed all the garbage of console gaming.

I'm saying all the consoles...

So you admit that your argument of budget PCs lasting longer than consoles of the same price was flat out wrong, awesome.
The gimmick of a console is low barrier of entry and being economically better than PC, it's ok if you still prefer PC, but it's a little dumb to fabricate reality to justify how PC is black and white better than consoles in every way

I'm not the guy who's been saying budget PC's are more capable than consoles for modern games.

I won't fight the fact that consoles are more capable than budget PC's for modern games, but I think all games released in the last five years are shitty and not worth playing due to shoehorned political messages and lack of originality.

Strawman alert again, no one is comparing multiple consoles to one PC.
The argument is always "1 PC is better than 1 console, and cheaper too!"
Which is just incorrect. Stop moving the goalposts, and tone down the arbitrary gaming platform loyalty.

Wow kid. You seem to be a real seasoned veteran in this "argument battle". Have your own rules and everything. Seems a touched on a sensitive point.