I live in Wyoming and the HARM act is going into effect in a few months...

I live in Wyoming and the HARM act is going into effect in a few months. If you’re not familiar all non-assault weapons are being banned. I’d like to keep my old Maverick 88 but I’m not sure how to make it compliant.
My LGS said if I soldered on a bayonet lug and had the barrel threaded it would be good (cheaper than getting a new receiver that accepts detachable mags), but they’re total tacticool nerds so I don’t know if I trust them. I also heard if I ditch the old stock and put a pistol grip on it would be fine.

Attached: image.jpg (3072x2048, 3.56M)

Just chop the barrel, that converts it into an assault rifle.

>If you’re not familiar all non-assault weapons
Man, don't joke like that, Wyoming is my out for when the Californians finally destroy Texas... They will probably hate me like a dirty transplant Californian though...

Read the post again.

Source on this law? Or is this just really bizarre bait?

Attached: 1529653336118.png (661x546, 55K)

Impressive.

Attached: 41eYA0LRA9L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 21K)

>HARM act

Attached: 1528759691274.jpg (3072x1728, 2.2M)

>fuds on suicide watch

Attached: LAFFINGSKELE.gif (360x270, 1.18M)

>Ban all non-assault firearms
Now

Attached: 200qa2.jpg (640x409, 32K)

Attached: PHa2B_d.jpg (640x400, 21K)

Any of you know how to make a single shot 12 gauge HARM compliant? I added a foregrip and chopped the barrel to the hilt, but to my understanding it's still insufficient at baby killing. Any advice? I really don't want the ATF to give me another dog, I'm running out of room.

Attached: 1528981723911.jpg (680x454, 47K)

Swap the barrel out for a rifled one, technically it will stop being a shotgun and become a destructive device and therefore HARM compliant.

You could try putting a pistol grip and a shoulder thing that goes up on it

The 2A guarantees you the right to carry a musket, your state's law doesn't mean squat.

DO NOT COMPLY.

Don’t solder it. Tried and true method is weld it then re-heat treat the barrel. Weld on two bayonet lugs just to be on the safe side though. Sometimes they can be a bit tricky on if your weapon is “dangerous enough”

Anyone have maps of mandatory carry zones for Laramie? I don't want to become a felon by accidentally wandering into one without a firearm.

Your best bet is to chop the barrel as short as possible and pistol grip it. You can have that mad max look. That should get you past the minimum assault features requirement.

Unbelievable what some people are having to do to their grand papis rifles just to make them compliant.

Attached: image.jpg (640x400, 35K)

I got stopped while carrying in Wyoming. Cop seemed surprised i didn’t have a gun on me and asked me to step out of the car. Luckily i had an LCP in the glove box so he let me off with a warning.

I won't stand for this.

ENOUGH

My dad left me an Mk18 and if i don’t get rid of it or modify it i’ll become a felon. I have to drill a hole in the receiver and add a selector switch to my dads gun to be in compliance.
Luckily they are grandfathering in 30round magazines and i won’t have to go out and buy drums

FUCK. None of the foregrips I’ve found fit my USP’s proprietary fucking rail now I have to turn it it FFFUCK

Attached: 0E7FA126-A61C-4CD8-B10D-BF95E3148174.jpg (720x833, 37K)

Is it enough to do throw a Lightning Link into my AR to make it compliant or do I need to drill a 3rd hole too?

>they don’t exclusively own ban-proof DDs

It’s like you WANT the police to call you a bitch

just bubba the shit out of it, if it's fugly enough they'll just glance over it cause they dont want an up close of its ugliness

Just JB weld it on bro

I had a similar experience. Cop pulled me over and saw my hunting shotgun. Gave me a big lecture on why buckshot can’t pierce body armor and I needed armor piercing ammo to resist a gun confiscation from the government. Fucking boomer asshole. I just wanna hunt.

>Wyoming compliant fudd guns which do some abomination of modern operator-y but still fuddy.
>bolt action rifle with those weird WW1 jerry-rigged semi-auto conversions
>wooden grenade launcher
>Refurbish sporterized to have the bayonet back
>Ersatz pistol grip

Attached: 1519283659643.gif (504x504, 765K)

>own shockwave
>absolutely no change with new laws

Actually since it’s an ATF loophole they will confiscate it under the HARM act as it’s not exclusively a DD/NFA weapon. However removing the grip and adding a stick will make if HARM compliant. Though as other anons have said before, it’s begger be safe than sorry, I would add a bayonet lug and remove the pump and add one of those new single shot .45-70 derringer pumps just to be sure.

>They will probably hate me

who, all 10 of wyoming's citizens?

Hey guys do I have to register all my .22lr rounds my great grandpa left behind? I know they're considered "target ammo" by the NFA and every single one needs to be registered with a tax stamp, but is there a grandfathering clause?
Or should I just shut up about it?

I don’t know about the proper way to register the ammo, but hold onto that pre-ban 22 rifle. I used to live in Arizona and 10/22s were going for like $1200.

I know the Hughes amendment closed the semi-auto/bolt action registry, but does anyone have a suggestion on a good preban hunting rifle? I know it’s kind of a waste to shell out $10k but hunting with an M240G just gets old after a while.

Just coat them in teflon. Makes them AP pistol ammo technically.

Late production Remington 700s only go for about 5 grand.

>pic

does that actually work? when you close the stock it dumps the mag?

...yes. That's exactly how that works.

It works but it's not easy to stop it until the magazine is empty.

What the fuck is going on in this thread. I've never seen bait like this before

Attached: 16939485_10212696674398588_2312358717201976044_n.jpg (960x498, 33K)

Satire.

I want to live in this world

just convert it to full semi auto

Mini-14 fags BTFO

I'd buy it if only it was made by Henry or someone with good QC

I heard at the armory that as long as you ONLY have dragon's breath shells it's fine. God help you if you have birdshot though. That's sporting intent.

Poorfag here, can I just do the old shoelace trick with my semis or am I forced to do a bunch of work? I can afford a bunch of machining or new parts.

just hotglue knives to it and remove them later
works every time