If America was a gun

it would be a revolver. Eurofags eternally BTFO.

Wheelgun thread!

Previous thread:

Attached: S&W 500 w K-frame service grips.jpg (620x370, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3250
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolver
altamontco.com/pistol-grips/smith-and-wesson/k-round
altamontco.com/pistol-grips/ruger/gp100/
buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=54
andersonwheeler.co.uk/the-gun-room/revolver/
youtube.com/watch?v=iJZwhrxokGA
youtube.com/watch?v=tMhThUAl88w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This thread is fuckin stupid.

>spice

>heavy
>low-capacity
>useless for protracted shootouts
>used to be pretty nice, but made progressively worse by the corner-cutting and compromises neccessary to stay economically viable in the current year
Yep, that's America alright.

>t. butthurt eurofag

Attached: 44-magnum-firing.jpg (800x456, 33K)

>France still relying on us to solve their problems
America!

Anybody have experience with Ahrends grips, in particular their Retro Bananas?
I'm getting a 629 soon and I don't expect I'll be keeping the functional-but-ugly factory rubber grips on it for long, and combat-grips-sans-finger-grooves sounds like exactly what I want.

Attached: 13dash3_9917.jpg (639x479, 61K)

Attached: 657-Ahrends-2.jpg (640x480, 163K)

Attached: smL6xxs.jpg (724x530, 153K)

How long is the barrel on the 629? If 4 inch or shorter you’ll want to keep the rubber, if longer then go with some coke bottles.

4", but the original model 29 shipped with wood grips and nobody had a problem with it back then, so how bad can it be?

Attached: SW44magadvertisement.jpg (724x955, 179K)

THEE HAUGHTY TYRANTS NE'ER SHALL TAME;
ALL THEIR ATTEMPTS TO BEND THEE DOWN
WILL BUT AROUSE THY GENEROUS FLAME,
TO WORK THEIR WOE AND THY REKNOWN.

RULE BRITANNIA
BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES
BRITONS NEVER WILL BE SLAVES

Attached: IMG_20180624_203645615.jpg (2592x1944, 1.35M)

Attached: Webley-3.jpg (900x600, 167K)

It’s a shame that’s no longer true

It's not bad if your hands are big enough. Grips are a very subjective thing user. Aside from "is it well made" asking someone else what grips you should get is like asking someone how you should dress.

Attached: Ruger Bisley Case Color.jpg (1100x732, 361K)

understandable, have a great day

Non-American here.

Pretty sure everyone would view America as a 1911 if you were an actual gun. That shit is American as fuck.

This.
>t. Glockfag

Here, have a Colt

Attached: 20180615_211001.jpg (4032x3024, 3.57M)

>heavy, low-capacity
>an obsolescent design that requires constant fiddly maintenance to keep running
>quality varies dramatically depending on how much money you're willing to spend
yep

>heavy
>an obsolescent design that requires constant fiddly maintenance to keep running
Noguns detected.

Except the semi-auto was a euro invention and the revolver was American...

Attached: Colt SAA CC.jpg (1024x779, 214K)

Don’t even lie to yourself and say a revolver is america if it was a gun. The minigun is clearly a superior choice due to the facts
>overweight
>incredibly expensive
>burns neccesary resources
>destroys everything in its path
>loud and proud
>people run and hide when they see or hear it

Attached: E97D90E2-0B2B-4BF6-85F4-BA38431050B2.jpg (602x342, 43K)

America is also a Euro invention, so it works.

modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3250

Except that is wrong. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolver

>nothing is new

Attached: 440px-Drehling_GNM_W1984_ca_1580.jpg (440x248, 21K)

Is that a bored-through cylinder firing metallic cartridge ammunition?

Is that moving the goal posts?

The self indexing revolver was an American invention.
And the ability to load them from the breech was American.

Unfortunately there were revolving wheellocks.

>7.62 NATO
>necessary

Attached: 4dd14784dd9dc9d206ab3a7049d3c4bb.jpg (564x396, 36K)

Attached: Snapchat-1883402838.jpg (1152x2048, 535K)

really wish S&W would make more J-frames with sights that are better than "usable, I guess"

Agreed. Why don't they put some non-snag novak style sights for an extra $100 like on the SP101 WC

Does rapid double action shooting accelerate wear on revovlers?

I read something about that somewhere, that shooting fast in double action can peen the bolt stops in your cylinder and make your gun go out of time.

If someone, hypothetically, did nothing but rapid fire cylinder dumps like an idiot, how would he bugger up his gun and how long would it take?

It's mainly a problem with guns with unusually heavy cylinders, like S&W Model 27s and 28s (large frame 6-shot .357s), and even then only after tens of thousands of rounds of running the gun as fast as it'll go, e.g., in a competitive shooting environment.
It's a real issue, but one that the average revolverman will never encounter.

Don't forget to add
>kills 32,000 of your own people every year.

M2 Browning obviously
>created by some cool dude in bumblefuck nowhere
>invented in the USA
>used endlessly
>rather simple on the outside
>fucking loud
>hit’s like a motherfuckah
>uses heavy resources
>has an entire round designed specifically for it
>stupid heavy
>still insists on fighting wars despite it’s age
>stars in a shit ton of movies
>everyone know’s its name

Attached: 72293D74-DB3D-4B09-8CF5-DFD0C4E2BEB8.gif (400x210, 1.23M)

that reminds me of those dog stuffed animals with the huge heads.

Attached: s-l300[1].jpg (300x169, 10K)

J frames are my kink

Attached: Screenshot_20180616-235413.jpg (954x1627, 969K)

Attached: received_2259642540728925.jpg (1440x1472, 215K)

Can ya suggest a HD plate carrier set up for a revolver?

Are there any moon clip holders for MOLLE?

What else would one need for a general home defense plate carrier?

Attached: 1529001939076.jpg (354x352, 15K)

>moon clip holders for MOLLE
40mm grenade pouches

>HD plate carrier set up for a revolver
personally I'd just run a slick carrier and put my moon clips (seriously?), flashlight, IFAK, etc. on a competition-style belt (pictured)

>What else would one need for a general home defense plate carrier?
an AR-15, dumbass
what the fuck kind of home invasion are you planning for such that a plate carrier with a bunch of reloads for your revolver on it makes more sense than just getting a carbine or pump shotgun like a normal person

Attached: moonclipserver-gunbelt.jpg (500x407, 40K)

Attached: range.png (1242x640, 1.25M)

Looking to get my first wheelgun soon to take innawoodsing, I was looking at a Ruger gp100 or sp101, what would you guys recommend?

What's up with moon clips?

Attached: Cart_Photos_1b81bc09-aa10-4ad4-a089-a1855ecfdf22_1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 33K)

Sp101

GP100 is huge and gaudy as fuck. Sp101 is sleek

Moon clips are used to keep casings secured in the cylinder when using rimless cartridges

Post feet

>rimless
Ah I see, a troll. Should've known when you suggested using a weapon of war versus a regular firearm in a HD situation.

Attached: 1524174930033.gif (1280x720, 2.7M)

i had my first experience with a Retro Banana as a child when my grandpa sodomized me

Is this for predator defense (.357 Mag) or shooting at small animals (.22LR)?
I'd lean toward the GP100 (1705) for the former, an SP101 (5765) for the latter, although for a gun I'd be packing over hill and dale I'd rather save some weight and go for a S&W 66 4" or 317 (11.7 ounces!), respectively.

you got me; here's your (You)
cunt

Attached: 1491362023842.jpg (820x648, 208K)

(OP)
Ruger Redhawk “convertible” in 45 colt/45 Auto. Never head into the woods with out it.

Attached: 43B81264-35F9-4166-81D4-D7E077DA4E54.jpg (4032x3024, 2.99M)

It'd be for just in case defense really. And fun

Could you shoot .45 Super through that? What about .460 Rowland?

Could you shoot maximum-pressure "fuck your bitchmade .44 magnum" .45 Colt loads through that?

Damn fine wheelgun, user.

Since it'll shoot .45 ACP, .45 Colt, .45 GAP, .45 Super, .460 Rowland, et al. it's one of the most versatile guns on the market now, isn't it?

Where are you located? Do you have brown bears in your area?

GP100 or S&W 66/686 then
Avoid the 7-shot GP100s, they have issues with the rims binding up and refusing to eject

In VA but we're gonna be moving out west to AZ or Texas, so I'm not sure what's out there.
Thanks for the heads up m8, is the Ruger cheaper than the Smith?

About a hundred dollars less; not enough to worry about.

Gotcha, could you recommend some good aftermarket grips by chance? My hands are on the smaller side and the stock rubber ones are just a bit big

Six bullets. More than enough to kill anything that moves.

Attached: 2381_r.jpg (3724x1797, 550K)

altamontco.com/pistol-grips/smith-and-wesson/k-round
altamontco.com/pistol-grips/ruger/gp100/
Altamont makes some nice reproduction magna grips for S&Ws that are about as small as S&W grips can realistically get, as well as old-style rubber grips w/ wood inserts for GP100s.

Attached: SKR-CP05-CK-M03.jpg.png (800x600, 643K)

>Could you shoot maximum-pressure "fuck your bitchmade .44 magnum" .45 Colt loads through that?
It's a Ruger, what do you think?

Thanks man!

Why do people talk up shooting .44 mag like you're going to rip your arm off if you're not careful? When I started shooting mine I was shocked by how easy it is to shoot. And with .44 specials you barely feel recoil. It's awesome.

My girlfriend shot it half an hour after firing a handgun (.22) for the first time and she had no trouble.

Attached: DSC_8629 (2).jpg (4608x3072, 3.91M)

MAH DEUCE

Try some full power 44 mag
buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=54

Attached: 5D52C482-7656-4D2C-B2BE-530C0E9C7E0B.jpg (4032x3024, 2.68M)

I'm a bitch and can't handle it. I just opt to shoot .38 special because of it. I love revolvers too much to not buy stuff chambered in .44 though.

Totally depends on the load. Factory loads are pretty manageable, unless they're something like

Didn't he use an M16forgery?

>the girlfriend gets 3 accounts of felony murders charges

Damn

they make webley clones yet?

Attached: Webley-Scott-Mk-IV.jpg (1200x797, 126K)

>useless for protracted shootouts
You clearly don't understand a think about attritional warfare if you think America wouldn't be able to win a long term conflict with another world power. Only China ' might' have a chance but that's because of their serf teir labor laws. Your too used to watching America try and put down gurilla insurgencies with kid gloves because it's bot "right" to put enough soldiers into a country to actively enforce no assembly edicts, disarm the foreign civilain population, and keep the population under surveillance at rifle point. A protracted war would be in the favor if whoever's got better air defense to prevent bombings, and whoever has the biggest industrial capacity and logistics to keep supplies in the front. Make no mistake, America is perfectly prepared for protracted firefights.

Take a dremel to the stock grips and custom fit them to your hand. One of the benefits of the Ruger not being a full grips frame gun....

damn look at that price! It makes me feel very bad knowing I bought a Taurus 85 for almost 200Euro

That's an ad from the 1950s; that's like 1300 USD today.
Your Taurus would've cost $25 back then.

sure
andersonwheeler.co.uk/the-gun-room/revolver/

Most people are pussies and literally don't know how to hold a gun properly.

I have nothing of value to add to this thread other than I really like my surplus wheelie.

Good day.

Attached: 78E5AEC5-32BD-47CA-B720-5E10672FDEA5.jpg (2893x3346, 3.13M)

What PD was still using .38 wheelguns recently enough to end up buying some with internal locks?

From what I understand most of these are from prisons or other correctional services facilities. Maybe some armored transport companies too?

That makes sense.

I was in a mall in Boston this spring and a guard was carrying a revolver.

lmao that headline

Private security are often required to carry a .38 revolver
see

You'd be disappointed.

i opened this thread to ask if it was really true they stopped making the python, then i found a thread with a korth revolver as the op picture and i don't care anymore.

1. Yes, the Python was discontinued in 2005.
2. They're really only good as collector's items, since they're expensive, relatively fragile, and there's a steadily declining pool of gunsmiths who really know how to work on them
3. On the bright side, if you were saving up for a Python, you're well on your way to having enough for a Manurhin or a Korth, since they're all $$$$
PS
youtube.com/watch?v=iJZwhrxokGA
youtube.com/watch?v=tMhThUAl88w

Attached: Y04XkPB.jpg (2000x1333, 242K)

GP100s come with Hogue monogrops now
He'd just end up with a really shitty-looking version of the old-style panel grips (and a huge mess of rubber shavings all over his floor)

False.

Attached: 100_2304.jpg (2048x1536, 622K)

That's great if the finger grooves don't suit you, but someone with small hands would need to remove significantly more material.

The only material someone with small hands needs to remove it material on the back strap. Distance to the trigger is what's important. You can't see in this pic but I took a good bit off the backstrap too.

Basically you should STFU because I actually did what I'm recommending for the same reasons expressed in other user's post while you clearly have no idea wtf you're talking about.

>You can't see in this pic but
Then take better pics, nerd

oo he mad y'all.

I'd take another pic for you but I don't give enough of a shit about anyone on this Madagascaran mascara testing forum to exert myself that much.

lmao you just dont want people to see how it looks like shit faggot

oo snap y'all he's insinuating I bubba'd some $20 grips! How in the fuck will I ever recover? BRB I'm gonna go KMS.

Pietta was going to make a Python repro but didn't I assume that's because in Europe Python's don't command the same prices as they do in America.

What would be the point?
Not to be a ponyfag or anything, but without the touch of Colt gunsmiths it'd just be a Python-shaped cheap Italian revolver, wouldn't it?

Mall cops with guns? Boston must be pretty gnarly.