Pistol Caliber Carbine General - /pcc/

"No NFA Items here, Mr. ATF" edition

Haven't seen one of these in a little while and thought it would be a good excuse to share my IMI Uzi I picked up the other day.

Post questions, share pics, discuss all things having to do with Pistol Caliber Carbines.

Attached: PCC collection.jpg (4032x2268, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/772225107
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is that a chiappa m1

Nah, it's a real deal Inland Mfg. M1 Carbine from 1942.
I was considering getting one of those before getting my Inland M1,
but from what I've heard they can be a little finicky.

What would be a good choice of suppressor for a 9mm 4.5" AR?

Looking for
>1.35" diameter or less
>shorter length preferred over maximum noise reduction
>easy to clean
>$1000 budget

Ty anons

Attached: 1518987799769.gif (480x210, 182K)

You could check out the Rugged Obsidian 9, you can have it in a short or long configuration at either 4.8" or 7.8" since it's got an extension and baffles you can take off to make it shorter.
The diameter is just slightly above what you're asking for though (1.37"), but it's pretty damn close.
Silencershop has them for only $599.

Attached: rugged-obsidian-9.001.jpg (1000x1000, 193K)

I am willing to replace my hg for an ideal can and this looks great. The modularity is a big plus

Tyvm user much appreciated

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 7K)

I give to you the ruger 10/22

Attached: 20180524_192119.jpg (4128x3096, 1.81M)

I repeatedly consider buying an AR-9 lower and filling out the Form 1 for it.

If I ever build a 9mm AR, I'd love to get my hands on the parts to build one of these.

Attached: 08b790183bb57aa7c9ce71a7d5c97435_zps27fda4f8.jpg (800x603, 256K)

i wish someone made an aluminum lower with an attachable brace for the tec 9.
something else to consider, silencershop is currently doing a promotion sale until the mdidle of july. spend $700, get a 22 can. spend $800, get a free pistol can.
dont compromise in your selection because of a sale, but sico has some good options and its worth taking a look.

What's the UMP clone called? I want.

anyone have pic related? I have one on order...

Attached: N29N6ML.jpg (1600x565, 61K)

The new TAC-9 is basically an updated TEC-9 with the ability to attach a stock or brace.
I honestly wish someone would make a new production Wire-Stock and mounts for the TEC-9 like the ones found on the original Interdynamic MP-9s,
since it would be neat to have a proper SBR TEC-9.

Attached: $.jpg (655x358, 64K)

Omega Gideon Shadow.
It can take HK USC spec parts and can be legally configured as a pistol with a brace.
You can get them in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP, I of course had to make mine in .45
I bought just the receiver from Atlantic and built it up from a mixture of HK parts and U.S. made parts.
It might be one of the most fun PCCs I own right now.

Attached: gideon shadow.jpg (4032x2268, 2.56M)

They’re super cool, but they beat themselves to pieces.

Should I buy a PS90? Finger fucked one recently, loved the ergos, love the ambi, love the look. What's stopping me is the availability/price of ammo and people saying 5.7 is tough to reload.

Braces have come a long way if you don't want to deal with the wait and interstate travel bs
Sba3 goes on carbine tube and is fully extendable, comfortable to shoulder too
I just got this and haven't shot it yet but I shot a friends sba3 and it was quite pleasant
Makes you wonder what the point of the SBR laws are when this isnt restricted but a regular stock is

Attached: download_20180626_214815_1.jpg (1240x688, 123K)

Absolutely.
I love mine, I don't really see why people complain about the price of ammo so much.
PSA often sells the FN brand stuff at $17 a box during sales, which isn't too bad.
I mean if you're gonna buy it from your LGS, then yeah it's gonna be $25-$30 a box, but you can find some pretty good deals online.

Attached: SsId2El.jpg (3456x5184, 1.62M)

Shameless repost

Attached: 2430e177e3.jpg (4032x2268, 3.09M)

I've heard, 9mm ARs in general are pretty rough and put a lot of wear on their parts fast, especially ones with short barrels.

>dat Spectre HC
If I didn't just buy my UZI Model B, I would have for sure picked up one of those.
There seems to be quite a few floating around on GB for a decent price.

I have a 16" one that has held up fine but the buffer does look pretty banged up after 1500ish rounds

What kind of issues are commonly seen?

Hnnnggg, any chance that case come with? Is there a certain gen/type rail to get or avoid?

There's not whole lot of parts to put wear on it's just a blowback

Would it be a bad idea to put a low powered optic on a PCC? I'm currently debating between a normal dot and a 2.5x sight (pic related), and can't really find much info on the subject. I'd sure appreciate the magnification, but is it necessary considering typical PCC ranges?

Attached: optics.jpg (1278x736, 248K)

You dont need magnification on a pcc, you want fast target aquisition

Unless, of course, you want magnification. Because we're not autistically constrained into preset configurations.

>tfw still waiting for this thing to be released, only to wait another 9 months for the suppressor that was designed for it

Attached: ScorpMicroWeb.png (1070x713, 146K)

CZ scorpion carbine owner.
Fun range toy but there really meant to be guns for women or for basic home defense. Haven't tooken her out to shoot since 3 weeks ago.

Attached: 20180626_191103.jpg (4032x3024, 2.22M)

The case was made by Case-Club, they custom cut the foam for a PS90 and fit it to a Pelican 1495 case, it's really nice.
The newer gens are fine, (current production is Gen 4.) the only reason to get an older Gen is so you can get a different type of trigger pack,
which is pretty much pointless unless you are an SOT.
(Older gen PS90's still had autosears in them and were very easy to convert to full auto, really only good if you have the legal paperwork to convert it.)
You're main choices are the PS90 Standard (This is the one still in production.) and the PS90 TR (Tri-Rail) which has an integrated rail on the top and sides, but this model is now discontinued.
The standard PS90 will come with a big rail on top, but it can be replaced with a factory optic (what I've got on mine) or there are all sorts of mounts out there so you can mount whatever sight you want on your PS90
There really isn't a reason to get the TR version anymore since with all the low-profile mounts, you can get an even better cheek weld compared to what you would get with the TR version.

Attached: ps90-sight.jpg (686x800, 31K)

Go for it if you want to
You can stretch out pistol calibers to 200yds with a low power optic like that, it's fun

Funny enough, it's mostly problems with the buffer assembly.
The blow-back pressure from the bolt cycling beats the shit out of the buffers, and is why the BCG and buffer is supposed to be a lot heavier than a standard 5.56 BCG and buffer.

Makes sense. I have a 8.5oz buffer in there right now that's held up for now but I can see it being a part I replace within the next 1000-1500 rounds

How much did that build cost and how is it versus a USC conversion? How's the quality?

Total ended up being about $2200, granted, you can get pre-built Gideon Shadows from Atlantic that are virtually all U.S. made parts and save about $400 (the full builds go for $1700-$1800 depending on the caliber.)
I was impatient and wanted one in .45 right away, (Omega only just released the complete clone in .45 ACP), so I used more German parts which is why it ended up costing more.
However, the only difference I noticed was that the finish is a little slicker than a USC, which has a little more of a textured finish.
I've already put somewhere around 1000 rounds through mine already and haven't had a single failure yet.

why the fuck m1 carbines cost so much damn money

Attached: dumb.png (235x215, 9K)

How's the Thompson, I've been looking at one for a few months.

Your Uzi and TEC-9 makes me horny, sir.

>not SBRing your P90

Attached: IMG_7205.jpg (792x520, 97K)

That's because the Form 1 has already been sent months ago,
I'm only about two months in and the wait is killing me.
I also sent a Form 1 in for my Thompson M1A1 so I can SBR that as well.

It's a fun range toy, nothing more than that really, but very picky with ammo (only use brass case 230gr. FMJ).
Also, if the mag isn't seated right the bolt might slam the round into the edge of the feed ramp causing it to push the bullet down into the casing and cause a jam.
Supposedly it's possible for the firing pin to break in them very easily, but I haven't run into that at all yet.
I've always been a huge fan of the Thompson which is the main reason why I bought it.
I'd only recommend getting it only if you REALLY want a Thompson and you're okay with spending that kind of money on a range toy that might need some time to break-in.

Attached: fujvjkK.jpg (5184x3456, 3.11M)

Ammo price isn't *THAT* bad. 50-60cpr normally and cheaper bulk online for FN branded ammo. American Eagle is even cheaper at like 40-50cpr. Although American Eagle isn't really good for the PS90 due to bullet set back, as the bullet isna't crimped in, it's glued in. It still functions fine, but I've never really checked velocities or accuracy to see how the set back affects the round.

I've never reloaded 5.7 myself, but I've read that unless the polymer coating is still there, you might as well toss the brass as it'll have issues extracting.

When do you guys think PTR will come out with a PT9 GI model with no rail, a tropical forearm, and maybe a metal lower?
I want to buy their MP5 but I can't be doing with a welded rail, MLOK furniture, and navy lower all together.
The navy lower is forgivable, but not all 3 together, especially the rail.

>M1 carbine
>PCC
Excuse me?

Depends, IMO the railed/MLOK handguard isn't important - they make it themselves in their CNC and it's pretty cheap for them to do so, and a plastic MP5 handguard isn't expensive for you to buy, but it is to acquire en masse without buying from POF at a scalpers rate. As for welded top rail, I sorta agree with you, while you do save weight going welded top rail, I would like to see a non welded variant - but I'll be buying a welded top rail.

I'm just waiting for the PTR 9 to drop in price once more, they are already lower than Zenith's and equivalent in quality.
PSA's entry is going to send the MP5 market down further - but I don't trust for a second they can pull it off without a milled reciever design

theres only one real use for a non select fire pcc, and thats to make it as small and concealable as possible

Attached: F01A8580_resize.jpg (1200x800, 323K)

Well to be fair I don't think most people call leverguns in .357 PCCs, but I'd imagine technically that's what they'd be. Same with the M1.

pretty good selection you got there

Attached: TMP_selector.webm (1280x720, 1.75M)

Anyone tried the Hi point bullpulp? been thinking about buying one.

>Buy vector
>It has no recoil they said, its so little you won't feel it
>Gun instead recoils up and down instead of backwards into your shoulder
>Stock smacks my cheekbone going up every shot

I have been deceived and my face is sore.

In full auto, all the benefits only work in giggle mode

Gonna SBR this bitch soon.

Attached: Capture+_2018-05-08-19-50-59.png (483x541, 404K)

I'm mad that SBT refuses to release that brace until the gun comes out. So close to sbring mine.

Ah yes, the Adam Jensen setup. My fav.

>really want a TMP for resident evil 4 memes
>steyr SPP has no forend support
>B&T TP9 costs 20 hi points
Help

Attached: RE4tmpleft.jpg (1280x720, 351K)

What's the best ammo to use in a PCC? Do I use lighter grains to maximize the gains in FPS or do I take the heavier grains and add a smaller fraction of the velocity?

Also, has anyone used Buffalo Bore or Doubletap ammunition in their Sub2000? Most of the evidence I've seen suggests that it's fine as long as it's not on a regular basis, but I'd rather not end up in the next "which one of you Anons did this" thread with half a face and a blown up Sub2000.

Attached: amm-483_1_a.jpg (550x550, 24K)

10/22fags are worse than glockfags.

styer spp?
gunbroker.com/item/772225107

M8...

Oh fuck sorry I thought you meant something else. Sorry homie, you might have to do some outside of the box thinking and modification which most people would call 'bastardizing'.

I cannot for the life of me think of a similar pistol with a fore rail. Your only option is to drill and tap into the frame which... I would not do.

Yeep. Just gonna have to save my poorfag pennies for a good while it seems, and then wait even more for the tax stamp. The arfcom guys put together a foregrip for the picatinny model that looks okayish but it's not quite there.

Sorry user. I think I thought you meant foreign support or something.
There are other options out there but if you're really interested you can always, and again I dont suggest this; put a basic anchor there that way you can easily return it to its original configuration.

>nogiggles

Attached: m9KXudx.jpg (2016x2394, 1.32M)

>1.35" diameter or less
Most pistol tubes are at least 1.375" (1 3/8"), and if you want any respectable attenuation in a short form factor you'll have to deal with width. Pistol-width cans are a dumb meme, and narrow cans on carbines is legitimately retarded. With that said your only two good options are both Dead Air:
Odessa 9: 1.1" dial-a-length ala Rebel Silencers' SOS, but not total dogshit
Wolf 9: 1.6" (1 9/16") two-piece semimodular suppressor. Short config is a little shorter than the Omega 9k, long is very quiet.

Like I said later I would replace a handgaurd for an ideal can. The rugged obsidian 9 that was mentioned seems ideal so I will look into that. The odessa also seems cool but I'm not wild about the looks.

The Obsidian and Revolution are an obsolescent derivatives of the Octane. If you're going to drop dough do so on something decent.

The Odessa 9 has basically the same internal diameter but isn't made thicker by an external tube. Because of this you don't need suppressor-height sights on pistols. That's a really big deal. For a subgun where this isn't relevant the extra volume of a wide can like the Wolf 9 is extremely important in short lengths. The Obsidian short config is basically just for showing off, at least the Dead Air Ghost has a provision for wipes to make it somewhat useble. Short cans that aren't wide are an ineffective meme. You might as well run an 9" barrel.

I'm not planning on using this on a pistol. The wolf 9 is too wide to fit under most handguards but the modularity is a plus.

From what I read the short configuration on the obsidian still suppresses well - why is it so bad in your opinion? I didn't find a single negative review.

Why in the ever loving fuck isn't there a modern 7.62x25 PCC that isn't one of those bastardized PPS43s?

The idea for me is ammo commonality with my carry guns so HSTs

I think about spectre often

Attached: 2018-06-15_20.29.43.jpg (1872x1575, 2.35M)

It fits under my Aero Quantum rail.

Regarding the Obsidian: Poorfags gonna poorfag. This is no different than people clutching to their pile of shit Mosin or SKS. I've shot it. It's bad.

want a 9mm carbine
want mpx, but it looks fuking retarded if it isn't sbr and im a impatient texan so i might just get a Cx4 since i already have mags for it

which should i get boys

Cx4 is ugly af.

Remind me again because I always forget, what's your suomi? You build it or was it premade?

There lit I got mine a year ago ZERO issues just hella gas in your face since it's blow back 10/10 IGN

Premade I think tnw but I'd have to pull it out to double check

Attached: 2018-06-09_20.00.19.jpg (937x2382, 1.66M)

I unironically want an uncucked one to keep in my car. Holy fuck its a cool bullpup

What's bad specifically? First round pop? Overall suppression level?

>Price: $485.00
>out of production forever
fug

Attached: 1524024255636.jpg (374x503, 33K)

Options really are limited for them these days. Just looked at gunbroker (it wasn't good)

Ah well. Only sort of want one for the novelty of it anyway. Guess it goes on the list with a dozen or so other ones under "eh maybe when I have spare change and run out of important things"

Uzi

Attached: uzi2.jpg (800x533, 124K)

More like Ewwzi

It is heavy, its trigger is shit. But I still like it. The quick change barrel is awesome

Probably because there isn't much ammo available and it's expensive

They're releasing an updated mpx soon with new rail

>they're fixing the mpx slightly and bumping up the price.

ugly af

I took it for a walk

Attached: 2018-06-09_20.03.11.jpg (460x2241, 1.34M)

My sterling has a tokarev conversion barrel and my pps43/52 hybrid might be too much bastard for your tastes

Attached: 2018-03-04_17.44.30.jpg (757x2441, 1.11M)

9mm AR best AR

Attached: 20170802_184210.jpg (1920x1080, 365K)

Sweet my kind of thread.

Attached: 20160201_193658.jpg (3264x1836, 1.34M)

dogshit attenuation, there's just too little baffle volume

Attached: 1513922873186.jpg (4096x3072, 2.38M)

Attached: IMG_20170117_192451.jpg (4096x3072, 2.01M)

Anyone make a PCC in .357 sig?

Be the change you want to see.

Glock conversion kits. That's about it.

That's an oddly specific topic for a "General" thread

Attached: IMG_6282.jpg (788x1050, 121K)

Mpx
AR's