Why

Why the hate for minis?

>holds the highscore record, even in 223
>aesthetic
>good aftermarket
>can be used as a scout rifle

Attached: 1F983920-B287-4C69-BBD5-06BF0F094A22.png (412x311, 107K)

because its a meme.

The clips for the mini are garbage. Also it shoots 223 and not 5.45

- More expensive than they should be
- They don't do anything better than an AR
- Shit aftermarket
- Expensive mags

>clips
Factory mags are great and so are the tapco ones.
>5.45
No fucking shit they don't do 5.45. They're .223/5.56.

What the fuck does that even mean you retarded faggot

it means "I don't like it"

I would assume he's trying to say ruger should have made a rifle in 5.45 instead of making the mini-30 alongside the mini-14

I meant The mini is not chambered for 5.56. I have a friend who has a mini and it ceases up with too much 5.56

Mini in 5.45 that took AK mags would be pretty cool not gonna lie, the mini 30 is a heap of shit (or at least used to be)

Maybe his is trash.

The mass shooter guy killed like 60 some people without issue

What model is he using? The Mini 14 target rifle is designed only for 5.56, the mini tactical and ranch rifle are supposed to be able to take 5.56. Mine works fine, all I shoot is 5.56.

Who did that?

the mini 30 rules

>Why the hate for minis?
cost vs the cost of an AR

Attached: L5qPRmj.jpg (2971x1691, 1.69M)

so poorfaggotry? Same type of people who say the SCAR isn't worth the price?

Anders Behring Breivi

With the absolute state of AKs right now, AR chambered in 7.62x39 vs Mini 30?

>scar is worth the price

Enjoy your half plastic piece of shit. They probably paid 40c to make that ugly ass lower in the factory and you paid 1.

mini30
ars in762x39 are shit cause of the mag situation and the bolt head

>trapped on an island with a guy with a rifle
oh boy who could have forseen this body count

I mean the SCAR isn't

I don't own a SCAR but come on goys they're good guns. Maybe not for the price, but they're still really good guns.

Attached: 1510458409698.jpg (645x588, 57K)

>multiple shootings of people trapped in buildings
>AR jams
>people get away
ARfags on damage control right now.

>AR
>Jam
is this the 70s?

I really like minis, it was my favorite rifle to shoot when I was younger. The problem is that ARs do just about everything marginally better for less cost.

Noguns need to leave

Mag "situation" has been resolved for a while. You use a different firing pin and that's it. Not sure wtf you're talking about with bolt head, sounds like a made up issue. Maybe you mean feed ramps? Which has always been resolved

lugs ripping off

Attached: .jpg (1200x751, 98K)

Cause they dont do things better than the AR and they dont do scout better than the RGS.

Attached: ss rugers_.jpg (5184x3456, 2.98M)

People just hate Minis because they don't have one. I like my Mini.
You'll hear nerds hate on it by comparing it to an AR for some reason as if you can only own one gun or something.

Attached: GarandFam.jpg (1408x871, 115K)

Quit being so accurate

Mini iz fine

Attached: v0_master[1].jpg (420x424, 106K)

Ignore the mini haters

Attached: F47898AE-AAE7-4F73-9D36-C5F38B394F74.jpg (2973x3135, 1.85M)

whats this 2014?
all the problems of 7.62x39 in ar basically got solved. just dont shoot tulammo

Is there a good conversion to get the Mini-14 to take AR15 mags without fucking the rifle up?

.223 and 5.56 are slightly different. And older minis were only chambered for .223 specifically,

>LIMIT BREAK
>DAMAGE!
>999999999999999999
There are like three examples off the top of my head.
>Waffle house
>Florida
>Colorado theater shooter

It's an AR alternative and people don't like that. Even worse is that it's an M14 descendant which people will heap hate onto because of the US rifle trials fuckery and memes. Also because Mini-14 threads got spammed like a bitch there for a while. Not sure why that last one happened either way.

None that I heard of, though I did see a series of forum posts of a guy modifying an old, worn out ar mag to work in a mini. It took a looot of cutting.

Probably folks who didn't like that a mini thread went smoothly instead of dying almost immediately.

Minis are fun and target minis are really fun.

I hate the Mini-14 just because I hate Bill Ruger.

Competition for the Mini-14 is what spurred Bill Ruger to sell out the gun industry in favor of profits. You can thank him and the Mini-14 for his part in the Clinton AWB and coming up with terms like "Assault Weapon", "High Capacity Magazine", and more.

Not assault rifle for the spergs who will point out assault rifles exist, assault weapon.

>I really like AKs, it was my favorite rifle to shoot when I was younger. The problem is that ARs do just about everything marginally better for less cost.

Attached: ak4.jpg (5312x2988, 3.6M)

A C C U S T R U T

What kind of improvement do people usually see from those things? Nobody ever says.

wasr-10's are under 800$ and actually work with the cartridge

That's actually not true. Mini-14s have been 5.56 capable from the beginning, which is even specified in the manual. The only exception is the target model which is in fact .223 only.

The confusion stems from older Mini-14s being marked "CAL .223", which is technically accurate but not the same as .223 REM only.

Love my mini. Sucks having so few gun options in NY tho. Also the manual states that only the target version is chambered for .223 rem. I have the ranch rifle. My receiver is marked 5.56 NATO.

Attached: My mini.jpg (4032x3024, 2.99M)

>The mini is not chambered for 5.56
My range rifle says 5.56 NATO on it...

7.62x39 in ar works easily to 5k rounds with a good bolt assembly, and you dont even need the full gun just the upper

I don't know why .223/5.56 rifles that aren't ARs still exist, none of them are as good as an AR

Because the AR isn't the end all of rifles and there's still a demand for rifles that aren't ARs.

>Because the AR isn't the end all of rifles
It is now

Obviously not since people keep using and buying guns that aren't ARs.

On the plus side, Bill Ruger is now dead and both the management and engineers at Ruger are having a grand old time pissing on his grave and using the power of his spinning corpse to stamp more hi-cap magazines.

he means that the dislike for the mini IS the meme you bender.

> works easily to 5k rounds
Are you taking the piss?

>tfw no ruggedized 3d printed Morita kit for minis exist

C’mon, it’s 1998+20. Surely we can get some sturdy Morita shells for the beloved mini.

Attached: D649C488-DA3E-4D2B-8E45-2206EFFA3A57.jpg (1500x646, 322K)

Looks like a fantastic way to get even more shit jammed in the action

Because its big brother the M14 has a 7.62

Aesthetic af

Attached: 8D3254CB-16F5-4A65-B5AF-9F7C69A4BF02.jpg (2939x3289, 1.76M)

Wtf is going on in that painting?

White people are even better at terrorism than brown people

It's a piece of junk with expensive proprietary mags

Is that a shotgun grip+stock nigger rigged onto a mini 14 stock?

price to performance ration, having a SCAR is nice but in then end most can't justify $2800- $3200 when most piston driven ARs are $1000 dollars less

Attached: 1200px-ModernparaFAL.jpg (1200x900, 146K)

it's an EBR stock set for M-14s

Looks like a man with a nugget and a few bullets is being breast fed by a similarly armed woman as her horse looks back voyeuristically

I didn't think it was possible to make a FAL repulsive until I saw this photo

a mini does worse than an AR in all factors from weight to function, yet costs more. It would be like buying an 800 dollar hipoint.

>38377830
>how to make a shitawful analogy

What does it do better than an AR of a similar price point? Answer me that. Hell, S&W M&P15 Sport IIs are like $650 whereas a Mini is running well over $700.

I've yet to see any proof that a new production mini 14 is significantly less accurate than ARs of similar or lower price points. The absolute TL;DR of "Why should I ever get a mini 14?" is because you want one, and that should suffice.

>clips

Attached: 5B6C0718-8FEE-4A1F-8FE4-01CB6E4E3B76.gif (262x386, 115K)

>clips

Attached: IMG_4640.jpg (184x184, 28K)

The creator of the "mini" other than creating proprietary magazines for it. Was also a staunch supporter of gun control, in the hopes of cornering the civilian market as well as getting governmental contracts.

Gommunism

Who gives a fuck? Bill is long dead and so are his shitty ideals, modern Ruger is not the same company. Fuck off with this political shit

I need that in my life. Please share a link.

Attached: 1471784604601.jpg (2032x1354, 379K)

Well I give a fuck about having magazines I can use in multiple firearms. As for the "political shit" sorry the truth hurts & it would more fall under economics since his reasons were money fueled like most Boomers.

As for Ruger not being the same company. You are correct, it is worse, just came out from under bankruptcy, over charges for what it is producing and running on the vapors of its name. That is probably the hedge fund that purchased it and cut corners though.

oh shit I fell for it

Attached: 1512521702777.webm (1280x544, 1014K)

At $50 a pop.

>As for the "political shit" sorry the truth hurts & it would more fall under economics since his reasons were money fueled like most Boomers.
What's hilarious is that mentality has probably cost them more money in the end than it could have every possibly cost if they had fought the first AWB.

Seriously, he might be dead, but fuck Bill Ruger and his entire company. Is it the same company? Nope, but it's still a bad company.

I personally hate US gun makers because they'll be the first people to throw our rights under the bus to make a few extra bucks, even if it will harm them in the long run. Euro gun makers like FN and HK meanwhile will fight tooth and nail to make sure we keep our rights because it would SERIOUSLY hurt their bottom line if they couldn't sell to us. In 2016 40% of ALL guns made by HK were sold to civilian shooters in the US.

It might all be about money, but I'll be supporting the people whose financial best interest is tied to me having my rights, not a US company who will cut special deals with congressmen.

>Is it the same company? Nope, but it's still a bad company.
How?

Honestly they're great for cucked states like NY or CA because they aren't assualt rifles

A victim of the nu-fudds.
>you don't need anything else bro get an ayy arr
>lol the m14 is a jammomatic POS just get an ayy arr
>what the fuck you mean you want a rifle that isn't an ayy arr, just get an ayy arr bro
>why would ever want a rifle that isn't an ayy arr bro

>I personally hate US gun makers because they'll be the first people to throw our rights under the bus to make a few extra bucks, even if it will harm them in the long run

there's no reason for them to do so unless someone's forcing them. it's just bad business otherwise.

>Euro gun makers like FN and HK meanwhile will fight tooth and nail to make sure we keep our rights because it would SERIOUSLY hurt their bottom line if they couldn't sell to us.

and aren't these the same companies with lots of government contracts?

>Euro gun makers like FN and HK meanwhile will fight tooth and nail to make sure we keep our rights because it would SERIOUSLY hurt their bottom line if they couldn't sell to us.
L M A O. Please tell me this is fucking bait.

people hate them because back in 2004 I think they were going for $250 to $399, now their above $900

Attached: bubba meme.jpg (500x375, 57K)

Used maybe, and what is inflation?

Did you completely miss the part where 40% of all guns HK sold in 2016 were to US in the civilian sector, not their military or LE contracts?

Hardly. US gun makers have historically been the reason a lot of gun control comes into existence. 922r and sporting purposes? Why do you think shit like that exists and stuff like SCARs need to be imported in cucked configs?

It's because US gun companies lobbied to put those kind of restrictions on import.

US gun companies can easily back backroom deals for exemption. Look at what S&W did with the Clintons. And they can rally behind the notion of "Support America!" when they call for foreign companies to have unfair restrictions put on them. They claim patriotism while cutting deals and lobbying for laws that further their bottom dollar at the expense of our freedoms.

HK was the company that fought the Clinton AWB the hardest because they had the most to lose. Bill Ruger wrote a letter to congress saying:

>The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete, and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining "assault rifles" and "semi-automatic rifles" is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could prohibit their possession or sale and would effectively implement these objectives.

And also went on national television to say this:
>"No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun". "I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round magazines or my folding stock." "I see nothing wrong with waiting periods."

Colt completely neglected the civilian market and treated us like shit for so long, and no that FN has snatched up their contracts they're going under time and time again.

The meme "Becuase you suck and we hate you" is funny, but it's just that: a meme. HK has unironically done more for US gun rights than any US company has in the past three decades. Not out of the goodness of their hearts though, it's because it's in their best financial interests that we're able to buy anything they make.

US gun makers have it in their best financial interest to cut out any foreign competition.

It's all business in the end, but I'll side with the business that will help me retain my rights.

I held a friend's mini once. It's fucking heavy, wayyy heavier than an AR, not as good as even a basic bitch AR for roughly DOUBLE the price. It looks like shit, fudd shit unless you outfit it with a ton of expensive aftermarket accessories and then it looks like an "assault rifle" There's literally no point, and reloads are slower.

Please use paragraphs.

What do you call those you fucking retard? He's even gone ahead and made it legible for your reddit ass.

>reddit spacing
>paragraphs
Kill yourself sweetie

I got offered one for a trade and turned it down

>38378877
Where is your handler

Where's yours?

>HK was the company that fought the Clinton AWB the hardest because they had the most to lose. Bill Ruger wrote a letter to congress saying:
>>The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete, and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining "assault rifles" and "semi-automatic rifles" is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could prohibit their possession or sale and would effectively implement these objectives.
>And also went on national television to say this:
>>"No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun". "I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round magazines or my folding stock." "I see nothing wrong with waiting periods."
>Colt completely neglected the civilian market and treated us like shit for so long, and no that FN has snatched up their contracts they're going under time and time again. The meme "Becuase you suck and we hate you" is funny, but it's just that: a meme. HK has unironically done more for US gun rights than any US company has in the past three decades. Not out of the goodness of their hearts though, it's because it's in their best financial interests that we're able to buy anything they make. US gun makers have it in their best financial interest to cut out any foreign competition.

>It's all business in the end, but I'll side with the business that will help me retain my rights.

>unless someone's forcing them
No one put a proverbial gun to the head of Springfield & Rock River Arms that tried to shoehorn into law in Illinois a provision exempting them from selling firearms.