Attention WA Jow Forumsommandos!!!

Attention WA Jow Forumsommandos!!!
Don't know if already discussed but if you see petitioners outside grocery stores around WA trying to push Prop 1639, which is supposedly about grocery taxes or something, be aware it is actually an extremely restrictive gun control proposal which would make it very inconvenient for you to get and even legally own guns. Details in link:
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/finaltext_1531.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj5ttjH1_LbAhVEJ30KHTiKDpEQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw16-5FCwtPJcNc-2w7lYU6s

Attached: public-service-announcement.jpg (300x291, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.090
lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2017-18/Pdf/Bills/Session Laws/House/1388-S.SL.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>semiautomatic assault rifle
Doesn't exist, therefore, the law can't apply
... Right guys?

Don't care what they pass or don't pass at this point. Keeping all my shit, regardless. Boating accident, etc...

Fuck you, old faggot. Suck my balls.

>inb4 antigun mods delete thread

It's unconstitutional so no, the law doesn't apply.

It's defined in the law as any centerfire semiautomatic rifle. So a .22 camp gun is an "assault rifle" under this law. It's retarded.

Hawaii's open carry ban was so obviously unconstitutional that even the fucking 9th Circuit overturned it, but it's still on the books and enforced while they "prepare their appeal" (ie, do absolutely fuck-all). And of course CA's gay-ass laws are perfectly valid according to the courts.

Leave it to Washington to redefine already accepted terms. I looked at the exact wording, and it's literally just describes a semi auto. They could have just said semi auto rifles, but they had to go ahead and assault to it to make it sound scary.
Fuck Washington.

Not from WA, but thank you for posting this. Shame that possibly the most beautiful State is essentially little California now

Bumping for freedom

Attached: 1530051088442.gif (400x384, 1.45M)

>.22 camp gun
>centerfire semiautomatic rifle

Wot. That doesn't even make any sense.

I don't think they pulled enough signatures on fag day so I'm not even sure this will end up on the ballot, but I'm certain they will "find" signatures if they're short

Watched a purple haired lady with too much tension in her neck set up a table outside my shop. Walked out to hear a regular customer finish telling her "it would be easier to sterilize humanity and regulate child birth" then walk off. She tried to engage me so I let her know we have a no soliciting policy, she was on private property and harrassment of customers would not be tolerated. She was free to set up on the side walk on the other side of the parking lot by the dumpster and alley. She left the block defeated. This was in west seattle. There is hope.

Attached: 2663671-213217363578897895_pclyqztf_c.jpg (400x635, 117K)

>based

Attached: download_20180627_100418.png (980x552, 1.01M)

bump

fuck king cunty

Good luck WA anons. Give them nothing

A challenger approaches.

Attached: Bob-Ferguson-Attorney-General.jpg (779x519, 54K)

It's not the legislature, it's a ballot initiative the Bloomberg submitted and is trying to get signatures for. Despite being blue, WA has pretty good gun laws, I guess because a lot of the blue voters are pro-gun hippies. Then the Great Californian Exodus happaned, and they fucked up our housing market and are starting to shit all over the ballot.

Fuck democracy and fuck California.

Attached: 1505585678918.png (710x1024, 326K)

NEW SECTION.
Sec. 1.
INTENT. Gun violence is far too common
in Washington and the United States. In particular, shootings
involving the use of semiautomatic assault rifles have resulted in
hundreds of lives lost, devastating injuries, and lasting
psychological impacts on survivors, their families, and communities.

The 9th Circuit Court approves of Disarming of The Whitey.

bump

Every fucking year we deal with this shit. At least once, now at least two times a year they throw shit at us that we have to defeat. We will defeat this again though.

The violence has escalated

Attached: image.jpg (1082x187, 98K)

Legislature already had its way
app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.090
See 2018 changes
>(1) In addition to the other requirements of this chapter, no dealer may deliver a pistol to the purchaser thereof until:
>(a) The purchaser produces a valid concealed pistol license and the dealer has recorded the purchaser's name, license number, and issuing agency, such record to be made in triplicate and processed as provided in subsection (5) of this section. For purposes of this subsection (1)(a), a "valid concealed pistol license" does not include a temporary emergency license, and does not include any license issued before July 1, 1996, unless the issuing agency conducted a records search for disqualifying crimes under RCW 9.41.070 at the time of issuance;
>(b) The dealer is notified in writing by the chief of police or the sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the purchaser resides that the purchaser is eligible to possess a pistol under RCW 9.41.040 and that the application to purchase is approved by the chief of police or sheriff; or
>(c) The requirements or time periods in RCW 9.41.092 have been satisfied.
>(2)(a) Except as provided in (b) of this subsection, in determining whether the purchaser meets the requirements of RCW 9.41.040, the chief of police or sheriff, or the designee of either, shall check with the national crime information center, the Washington state patrol electronic database, the department of social and health services electronic database, and with other agencies or resources as appropriate, to determine whether the applicant is ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to possess a firearm.

So for pistols, we've got a waiting period, de facto license, and even more unnecessary work heaped on our PD. This last one is gonna be a shit show
lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2017-18/Pdf/Bills/Session Laws/House/1388-S.SL.pdf
see section 6001
>Thanks Jay and co.

For Freedom

Attached: 1530140561491.png (198x328, 150K)

The NRA actually got off their asses for once and sued the campaign for this initiative over deceptive naming, tying them up in court for a long time. This means that they only had about a month to get their signatures (ending on July 6th). There's a decent chance that it won't make it on to the ballot.
I was waiting in a grocery store for a while, and watched the signature gatherer try to gather signatures. I would say that fewer than 1 in 10 signed (those who did were boomer catladies or spics almost uniformly). This was in Bham.
Don't lose hope.

I don't think there's anything to worry about this time around. They're way over extending themselves trying to get like 20 different things gun-control related in one bill, those rarely succeed. It took this much funding and then some and it barely passed to get 594 - no private purchases.

The reason they keep concentrating on Washington State is that these stupid anti gun groups want a "west coast wall" basically all of the states on the west coast to ban "assault rifles". It's really retarded. Once they accomplish that they want to continue to move east.

WA has protection of 2A directly written into the state constitution so it's arguably a little harder to get things passed here.

Can any other WAfags explain how the "use tax" works for buying firearms online? I'm a bit confused.