Shooting an AR 15 for the first time this weekend. What should I expect?

Shooting an AR 15 for the first time this weekend. What should I expect?

Attached: 1530046369763.png (448x486, 418K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hStj85CJewQ
youtube.com/watch?v=F2FlrG4s-6I
youtube.com/watch?v=X5MMgnMIpG4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fun

Gas in your face. Don't fucking hit the range crabs.

Attached: pharahcrackedmouth.png (179x185, 69K)

Kicks like a bazooka.
Expect to feel angery and tense for several hours afterwards

it's nice

manlet alert

How is it going to compare to an sks

You might get ptsd

good times and extremely mild recoil.

buffer tubes man, helluva drug.

see
if the range traps start harassing you, grope them and they'll stay away for a few minutes. just watch out for brass jews nearby, if you hit one of them by accident it'll go badly.

Make sure you have some money saved up because you'll want to buy one after you're done.

depends if you are shooting 223/556 but it kicks less than my mosin, so less than a sks

Attached: 1509585457208.jpg (429x410, 25K)

It depends. If you are a New York Times writer you'll have your shoulder dislocated by the recoil. Your asshole will be stretched out by the rape of the muzzle blast. Your ears will bleed and you'll suffer from PTSD so much you'll be unable to ever again enjoy a onions-latte.

If you are not a New York Times writer you'll have a lot of fun, the AR has just enough recoil to be fun and the controls are super ergonomic. Plus the ammo is cheap so blast away.

A boner.

It all depends on your name. If your name plainly states that you're a giant pussy, (e.g. Faginasman, or something like that), DON'T DO IT!

Attached: kuntzman.png (952x733, 83K)

The recoil will make it feel like a toy.

that article gets me everytime

Attached: 1525575436646.jpg (270x279, 10K)

youtube.com/watch?v=hStj85CJewQ

Attached: 1526942983052.jpg (540x592, 37K)

Attached: cryboy.gif (423x231, 1.24M)

>49 people gone in 60 seconds
Hahahahaha

Attached: matthew-mcconaughey-wolf-of-wall-street-you-gotta-pump-those-numbers-up-those-are-rookie-numbers.jpg (500x342, 28K)

Temporary PTSD by all accounts. I know my arm always has broken capillaries afterwards and it makes me grouchy.

Attached: ar15-pussy-reporter.jpg (480x480, 47K)

It’s like taking mushrooms for the first time.

is joking c/o copypasta earnestly authored by a total pussy. bazooka would be like .300+ .223/5.56 is nothing

This weekend I took a gril who's never shot a gun before to the range. It turns out that even my carbon fiber AR is /too heavy/ for her to shoulder correctly, so I said just rest the mag on the bench, have fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=F2FlrG4s-6I

Its a 14.5 inch barrel. How much blast will it have, at an outdoor range?

Depends on the muzzle device. It's going to be loud, either way.

Just an A2 flash hider. Is it going to rumble like my m44?

Nah. A2 is effective at doing what it does. It's a great all-around muzzle device. (There's a reason it's "standard")

>It turns out that even my carbon fiber AR is /too heavy/ for her to shoulder correctly
No, she's just too lazy, and you fucking enabled her laziness instead of teaching her proper form. I hope you at least got your dick sucked.

10 out of fucking 10

Attached: B6202144-0E5D-4C07-A71E-2D5643DAD9B0.gif (500x211, 985K)

Bazookas don’t have any recoil

TFW M16 buffers have a nice handle to allow for the premium dildo experience.

Attached: Greatteacheronizuka_2d6923d2baf3b9f98a4b0edad7a1bfbf.jpg (326x245, 16K)

A boner

Attached: 3B969C15-C7A5-49D8-9C5D-DC9EFB9383AD.jpg (1024x950, 111K)

14.5 isn't terribly loud but it'll hurt if you don't have ear protection. I got a 10.5 barrel on mine and it's like a dang bomb going off next to you. The concussive blast is kinda nice

you got me. I've never used a bazooka. I was just using the theoretical experience of using one as if it were some sort of recoil assisted autoloading rocket rifle rather than what it actually is in all its buffer tubeless glory

that said, an ar doesn't kick much at all compared to a 308 or 30-06 or 300 wsm/winmag up. even if you grendel the fucker it's like 8-9 compared to 9-30ish

You should expect:

* Low recoil
* Tons of fun
* You'll end up wanting to buy one
* You'll end up wanting to build one
* You'll end up falling for the tacticool bullshit (see pic related)
* You'll eventually end up with a classic M16 clone or minimalist AR-15.

Attached: 1470013001658.jpg (1800x1200, 236K)

So no recoil whatsoever?

Disappointment

Expect it to sound a lot more like a toy than expected.

congrats, by posting that image you're an even bigger faggot than OP

Only just noticed the crying guy isn't wearing earpro- is that the reason for his crying? Never accidently shot without earpro but if he has sensitive hearing I might see why thats a valid excuse. Any anons confirm/deny this?

will it be super loud even with 32db plugs + 32db muffs?

It's a good idea to wear both but you only need one
It's just like any other rifle

Low recoil and decent accuracy out to 100 or 150 yards assuming you know how to shoulder and aim

>sproing
Hehe
>sproing sproing sproing sproing sproing

Expect to be out of bullets quicker than you anticipated.

yeah it can fuck up your earballs

all babbies will byebye

Attached: chicago.png (601x600, 450K)

No recoil and shitty sound.
Go for 30-06 with crooked butt.

sproing sproing sproing

Attached: CmJHyF1WIAADbJc[1].jpg (960x932, 214K)

you can expect your peepee to do that sticky white stuff thing again, like when you're looking at girls with big boobies

>bragging about fatties

You'll feel it more than you hear it. Also stop choosing hearing protection based on NRR.

With double earpro you'll be fine. It'll still be loud but it won't hurt. If you're in an indoor range you'll still kinda "feel" it but it shouldn't be painful or uncomfortable as long as your earpro is good.

oh that sweet sweet truth.

Attached: can't fix stupid.jpg (960x877, 93K)

>Shooting an AR 15 for the first time this weekend. What should I expect?

fun but you ay develop s o y cravings and a strange desire to live in an urban reclaimed area near a starbucks and fap to more homosexual material. Its an AR thang

This is exactly what it's like to fire an AR-15 even once: youtube.com/watch?v=X5MMgnMIpG4

>ear plugs
Plus he's outside. It's not that bad

Recoil

Mostly this.
>I got a 10.5 barrel on mine and it's like a dang bomb going off next to you
That thud is fun and a great way to make sure you have a bit of space around you if shooting at an outdoor range.

does it really sound like a toy?

Will I come to love the sounds it makes like a good women?

I think this was for skit or something. the guy in an actor.

>not loaded with zombie speicific ammo
ARG wouldn't even like this set up.

It sounds more like the screaming of Liberals.
You may still cum.

>never shot a gun ever
>only ever dissembled and reassembled automatics like ar-15,and the jew ak

You'll get annoyed from the buffer tube and having shit echo/bounce around right next to your ear. Fun otherwise

>Not enjoying the door spring like sound of the buffer tube spring rattling around like something is broken.

its a meme you dip.

Even with double earpro (and zero tinnitus) voices are deeper and sound is fucked up for a while after I shoot my AR, which always concerns me to matter how many times it happens and goes away. That plus the buffer tube are the two biggest reasons I prefer my AK. I'd rather have a magazine rattle than a stock.

you best double up.

Attached: BUTTPAD-RECOIL-LS_0eb9ceed-6a3d-4383-bb03-c9a4b97b02c2[1].jpg (1000x513, 30K)

It gets worse if you have wood furniture.
I happen to like the sound.

How would the AR 15 be that bad? I can shoot my m44, and svt 40, with a huge muzzle break, that rattles teeth, and i've never had any problems with my hearing

He had earplugs.