Since you can buy virgin receivers for common bolt actions...

Since you can buy virgin receivers for common bolt actions, has anyone here ever thought about building an obrez with one? What caliber and barrel length would you choose if you were to make one? Keep in mind that you can have your pick of action length so you won't necessarily be stuck with an oversized action if you want a smaller caliber.

Attached: 303 short sword handle.jpg (676x220, 138K)

Esarco has them usually.

It'd probably be cheaper to just buy a beater and a hacksaw than trying to piece one together.

We need to convince someone to make a left-handed mosin receiver.

With a virgin receiver you could put a folding "wrist brace" on one and have it still technically be a pistol just like everybody does with the pistol caliber carbine SMG looking guns. Would be a fun super compact little gun when folded. But it would look like an abomination with a polymer folding brace, wood, and bolt action.

Why wait until the rifle is built to de-virginize the receiver?

I"m talking about using a virgin receivers that are still being made and sold currently. SARCO just sells receivers that were already used in rifles and you can't build a pistol from a rifle without the ATF shooting your dog.

Then you get your dog shot because for violating the NFA.

Are you left handed? You aren't going to be able to work the bolt with your left hand with your right hand still on the grip if that's what you're thinking.

You'd need a pistol grip as well, since the brace needs to be actually usable as a brace.

I thought about it. 6x5 x 55 swede hand cannon with about a 4 inch barrel.

Though a 30-30 would most likely be more reasonable, or a actual pistol round.

> You'd need a pistol grip as well, since the brace needs to be actually usable as a brace.
Not if you mount the brace upside-down.

Attached: derpy-face12.jpg (475x356, 52K)

>Are you left handed?
no but I have my reasons

Attached: tumblr_inline_mm50bf2w6o1qz4rgp[1].jpg (368x525, 91K)

Gotta go classic personally

Attached: O B R E Z.jpg (410x227, 22K)

No, because Obrezes are a stupid fucking idea. Just buy an actual handgun.

Attached: No_fun_allowed.jpg (401x479, 58K)

>AR-15 pistols are a stupid fucking idea. Just buy an actual handgun.

>Handguns are a stupid fucking idea. Just buy an actual sword.

>Swords are a stupid fucking idea. Just buy an actual stick.

swords are dumb just get a rock.

>Sticks are fucking dumb just use your fists.

Here's my left handed nugget bolt

Attached: DSC01979-979x1305.jpg (979x1305, 172K)

>>AR-15 pistols are a stupid fucking idea.
No, they're just a loophole so you can get an SBR without doing a bunch of paperwork and having to let the ATF know every time you move. Just like the Shockwave is a loophole to get an SBS without the paperwork. Calling them "pistols" or "firearms" doesn't reflect reality, but is just a bit of fiction we've all decided to play along with for legal reasons.

Obrezes, on the other hand, are just stupid. They do what a pistol does, except worse and with all the government paperwork that AR pistols and Shockwaves exist to get around.

>They do what a pistol does, except worse
In the same way an AR pistol or a shotgun with a shockwave grip do what a pistol does, except worse.

>and with all the government paperwork
Are you retarded? Using a virgin receiver so this isn't an issue is specifically stated in the first sentence of the OP where it's impossible to miss if you read to the first use of the word "obrez".

>Dude wtf why are two of your front toes bent the wrong way, just use your claws

>In the same way an AR pistol or a shotgun with a shockwave grip do what a pistol does, except worse.
No, not really. Any modern “arm brace” like an SBA3 works pretty much just as well as a normal stock. And as long as you practice, there’s nothing wrong with a bird’s head grip.
>”Using a virgin receiver”
I’ve never seen one for sale. Where are you finding them?

Attached: KJpO3ij[1].png (429x410, 23K)

>And as long as you practice, there’s nothing wrong with a bird’s head grip.
So how does it suddenly become a problem in the case of an obrez? Also, people were using AR pistols for years before arm braces even existed.

>I’ve never seen one for sale. Where are you finding them?
Try looking it up. Savage and Remington both sell virgin receivers, and there's a good deal of companies making Remington 700 compatible receivers these days.

How is there no picture of this with a bayonet attached?

After messing around measuring some guns I own I'm starting to wonder, is it actually possible to carry one of these in a holster without massively compromising on barrel length? It should be possible on a drop leg holster so long as the length from the trigger to the end of the barrel isn't longer than your upper leg, right?

>458 SOCOM
>8" barrel
>have a lug for the old Springfield/Garand bayonets
Stopping power with a backup bayonet.

>So how does it suddenly become a problem in the case of an obrez?
Because a bird's head grip is not the same as a rifle stock hacked into pieces with a saw.
>Also, people were using AR pistols for years before arm braces even existed.
But they never really got popular until the braces appeared.
>Try looking it up. Savage and Remington both sell virgin receivers
Well, I guess they do. Dem prices doe. Spending that much money to make an impractical meme pistol is extra retarded.