When Kate talks to her boss about the legality of the shit that she's doing with Brolin and del Toro...

When Kate talks to her boss about the legality of the shit that she's doing with Brolin and del Toro, her boss tells her that she doesn't have to worry about breaking rules or protocol.

Why didn't she just listen to her boss and go along with it? Why didn't she just sign the papers at the end instead of being forced to at gunpoint?

Attached: katemacer.jpg (980x649, 77K)

>women

Ethical inflexibility. She believed too strongly in the rule of law to go along with something that was highly illegal but would be beneficial in the long run.

I was asked to do something quite illegal once and whilst it wasn’t exactly exciting, the repercussions would have been massive so I turned the boss down

Once he had sobered up he came to thank me for saving his career.

If you break the values you're trying to uphold, you're no different than the people you hunt down. A good comparison is that interpol agent from Lord of War.

because it's a shit movie

Attached: aor128.jpg (960x638, 125K)

The one time a film takes a risk to explain parallel real world ethical issues, a film that doesn't play to 14 year olds and the pocket book everyone dogs on it because "YEEE HAWW, WE NEED OUR METH, erm ADRENALINE WHILE WE ARE ON THE EDGE OF OUR SEATS>...

Ya'll are stupid.

Gun Running and Cartels. Fast and Furious. 40,000 dead irl, just south of the border, and you can't even understand the basic plot line of a Hollywood watered down shit show.

if you are easily triggered, let me suggest the safe space of rekdit

Attached: doggo.jpg (716x768, 120K)

Objectively false.

sucking penis?

I disagree.

nice samefaging

Attached: 274.jpg (458x458, 26K)

Because it is a work of fiction, and in order to make it more interesting for viewing they made the character of a federal agent have a moral compass and want to stick to/enforce the law as it is, rather than applying illegal methods.

I know it's strange to see federal cronies that want to follow the law, and not break it.

Attached: 1526194447408.jpg (520x519, 229K)

Actually, no, but carry on.

Little buddy, it's alright a lot of sicario fans are confused.
>Here are some (you)'s

Idk, all of the “illegal” stuff they made her do was in Mexico I think so who really cares? Like FBI agents have a duty to uphold Mexican “law” lol, Mexico hardly respects their own laws and they definitely don’t respect ours.

It;s a 6/10 movie, but the entire tension arc in the beginning, especially with dat OST, is great.

Watch the scene at the end with her and Del Toro's character. Listen to what advice he gives her before he leaves. It's melodramatic, but it answers your questions.

because she's idealistic as fuck, that's kind of a big part of the movie, your good intentions vs reality.

>that scene where Benny rapes that man but everyone claims he was waterboarding him when they deliberately pan to a dry drain and the jug of water is still completely full and unopened after

It was rape

>6/10
Still higher rated than your mom

Attached: 1530002385896.gif (647x363, 624K)

My mom is dead/10 though.

> dry drain and the jug of water is still completely full and unopened after

> It was rape
Wait, WHAT??????

Attached: image.jpg (640x1136, 426K)

s-sorry

Her character was a 12 year veteran of law enforcement. When you have the book beaten into your brain at every turn, you inevitably become the mirror image of that system. This is why squad leaders in Special Operations tend to be reasonable with regard to goofy shit like uniform standards and D&C, but Sergeants Major are walking rulebook memes.

Attached: E1A2571C-F269-4190-8C29-2E7195343775.jpg (844x1024, 165K)

Unironically what . The director even said he chose a female lead because a man would be more likely to accept the spooky shit, where a woman would stick to her morals

>women

this

>stick to her morals
incel spotted

>Sergeants Major are walking rulebook memes.
POLICE THAT MUSTACHE

Ain't that the black dude from Get Out?

I know that feel.

You didn't pick up any rape vibes?!
Also
>whistling 'Hail to the Chief' while carrying the water jug
10/10

Yes

Fix your reading comprehension

Where do you live so that I can stay the fuck away from there.

>Muh dick/10

Shit taste in movies though user

>not MOOSTACHE
one job user

The way I see it, she wasn't picked at random. They could have gotten any old gungo ho FBI grunt to sign off on it. But they needed someone with some "history." Someone who had personal/mental issues, that if they later tried to snitch on what was going on or back out, they could "suicide" like BDT was going to do to her at the end. Given what she had been through, the bombing in the beginning of the movie, the attempted murder by the cop, her fragile emotional state would have been consistent with an FBI agent under pressure who commits suicide. That's how I see it. I guess I'm smarter than you retards.

IT BEHOOOOVES YOU

This guy gets it. She was handpicked because she was a textbook suicide risk.
>unlucky in love, loner
>unexplained weight loss (depression symptom) - black dude mentions this when at her apartment
>no family or support network outside of work

Also, if she was killed during the mission nobody would really raise a fuss because of reasons 1 and 3.

Godfather himself says you look like a bum

Holy shit, it was rape. God damn it was so subtle I did not even pick up on it.

>Entire scene was Benicio shoving his crotch in the guy's face
>Subtle

now go back and find all of the criticisms of the Obama admin's immigration/ foreign policies.

Well what other subtle shit, did I miss?

every fucking time, Jow Forums...

Attached: ThePoint.jpg (582x386, 12K)

i mean he literally unzips his pants and puts his dick in the dude's face to assert dominance. the camera facing the back of the victim's head in the scene directly prior to the off camera assrape

YA'LL START'IN TO LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF ELVISs

what point are we missing you fucking faggot?

The OP asks why she didn't go along with it after being assured it was legal by her boss, and we are arguing it is because her moral standards make her think it is illegal despite his assurances.

When they drive across the bridge of the Americas, there is a large sign just across the RG that reads 'No More Guns' or something similar. While most guns used down there do come from US, I felt that it was a dig at Fast and Furious.
The auto weapons fire that interrupts the soccer gameat the end means that the US plan failed and all that awful shit was for nothing

The spic prosecutor tells Sicario about the tunnel before he even penetrates the prisoner, there was no need to talk to him at all, was pure revenge.

because it's a movie, her characters written to be a straight man. I'd imagine most agents in her situation would be excited as fuck to be involved in black ops.

also Emily blunts an underrated QT

Attached: 0854eda4-5086-4d02-aa4d-e8848907b333..jpg (400x400, 39K)

TOO FUCKING SUBTLE

hue
hue
fucking
hue

I fucking hate every single one of you.

no, you're arguing that she acts the way she acts because she's a woman, and therefore flawed and weak and incapable of understanding the real word.

The point that sails over your head is the people she ends up working for are themselves criminals who would be jailed (some of them in fact were before they were released for this operation) if they weren't employed by the state to fight an illegal war and do illegal things out of the belief that this is the only way to fight criminals.

By the end of the movie, the hero is revealed to be a cold heartless murderer whose actions are morally bankrupt and lack any justifications, and the only way he can legitimate them is through threat of further violence.

And yet for many he comes out as the hero, and the FBI agent as the out of touch naif who gets in his way.

I would think some on Jow Forums would have a problem with a character who works for a government that does not care for any law as long as it serves their interests, but I guess that's the kind of person they see themselves as while completely forgetting that he would be in jail or dead without the protection of a lawless government.

If that's your point then

should not be included. They are about her mental state, not her gender. Those suicide risk factors listed in the second one are literally what cops are trained to look out for in other cops, regardless of gender.

user, please. You are wasting your time on actual children. Go do something you will enjoy more.

>By the end of the movie, the hero is revealed to be a cold heartless murderer whose actions are morally bankrupt and lack any justifications, and the only way he can legitimate them is through threat of further violence.
I would argue very heavily that the end to his actions wholly justified the means. They completed their mission and the elimination of the head cartel member. What happens in the in-between, in Mexico, is not the purview of anyone who is in charge, or their concern.
What happens in Mexico stays in Mexico, amigo.

Ok, cunt, asking why didn't he/she do this, or why did he/she do that- let me answer you, BECAUSE THAT"S WHAT THE SCREEN WRITER WROTE!! Now fuck off.

The risk factors are generally easier to spot in women.

Does that make them gender biased, in your opinion? There's actually a serious discussion to be had there - a lot of depression symptoms overlap with what is considered normal male behavior, such that spotting suicidal men is virtually impossible unless the person evaluating for the behavior a) is male and b) knows the individual being evaluated very well.

Jesus Christ, what are on your period? Lighten up, sweetheart.

Not that user, but I believe that the entire system of mental health is gender biased - not against women, but against men. Men are routinely expected by peers and higher-ups to keep their heads down, their feelings to themselves, and to keep everything under wraps because doing otherwise is unmanly and not productive. Women, on the other hand, might not be encouraged to share such feelings, but it is socially acceptable for them to not only talk about it, but openly seek professional help for it.
The reason that men, generally, have a higher suicide and fatality rate pretty much across the board is because - in my opinion - up until very, very recently, men were simply more expendable then women were. Just a tool to be used up for means of production, war, etc, whereas women were literally the lifeblood of generations to come.
It's a multi-facted issue that you cannot possibly cover in 2000 characters, my man, but suffice to say that the observations from the previous anons aren't necessarily gender biased, but more just simple observations from a more emotionally open character.

Watching the film right now on FX, in the scene when they interview her after the bombing with Brolin, theytalk about her credentials and experience, she has lots of it, seen everything. Brolin asks abut partner, they say he was junior ROTC, law degree, "green but good." Brolin says, "no lawyers on this train. i'll take the girl." Then he specifically asks her if she's married (she says divorced,) kids? No. He specifically pics her because he can spot that she's got some issues. Seems meek and frail, tormented by her work and what she's seen/been through. As I said above, he picks her specifically because she would have been ok what with they have done, and if not, was expendable. And of course, it was Brolin who picked her, but he sent BDT to get her to sign and/or do the dirty work.

I don't disagree but he was in ROTC not JROTC. Entirely different programs since ROTC in context implies military service

Who gives a shit beside mil-fags? No one.
So anyway, on flight when she firsts meets BDT and discovers they're going to Juarez instead of El Raso, she seems to almost pee in freight. BDT is sizing her up.

Hey shit-nigger nobody cares about your commentary finish watching the movie then come back so you have a clue.

what the other user said as far as
>and at the end of the day nothing fucking mattered
pairs well with your sentiment. The drug war is entirely ineffective at stopping crime yet most enforcement is staffed by moto as hell crack super serious goys.

The whole of south america's criminal effect on the US could be fixed by making coke legal, pfizer america's next marlborough, and adding 10 ft to that border fence but trying to internationally control the failed states to our south and combat the drug war via arresting mules and 12th rung drug dealers between policy ops like recatching el chapo is the modus operandi

women are a meme, don't take them so seriously

at the beginning of the movie i think she is excited to be doing more 'hands-on' work and gets caught up in being a morally grey enforcer while the black dude is like 'hey this isn't why we became cops' then by the end shes like 'oh wow i am a fish out of water and the lines between good and bad are blurred because the government believes the ends justify the means' then del toro kills like 500 people and i clapped.

i'm of the opinion that most of Jow Forums only likes this movie because of the border highway scene.

hurr durr, i nurr abbreviuurrs
>fuck off bootlicker

>Bingo
Jow Forums masturbates to burn notice dude with gonorrhea
I think he gets smoked in the next movie.

yeah one of the trailers has a clip of him getting shot. though it might be one of those "i got shot but woah im peeling away the kevler and it stopped the bullet hurrayy" moments.

either way the movie looks cheeseball as fuck.

What movie??

TLDR:
>I feel belittled and juvenelized by my boss, teachers, coworkers, etc. for my emotional outbursts IRL and over social media ;c smash the patriarchy t. almost literally every fucking woman
vs
>I'm going to die of a heart attack related to later life complications of chronic alcoholism, "get into a car accident", or shoot myself in the fucking head in my mid to late 40's

the difference between male and female depression

I'm not saying that's the only reason I like it.
But that's a great scene though.

'sicaro 2: del toro larps as john wick'

Oh no. no Sheridan, no watch. Blatant fucking moneygrab

>A good comparison is that interpol agent from Lord of War.

look I know Interpol although from the inside, shit is not like that. At all. Pay is shit to.

>sicaro/john wick mash up
id unironically watch that. itd probably be like pic related

Attached: gunkata.webm (800x450, 2.76M)

meh, I'd still stick my dick in it

Have you seen the trailer?

>taking a high school class is the same thing as serving as an army officer (likely in combat arms)

welp you just proved you're retarded, good job user.

yeah, I've seen the movie maybe five times and appreciate the subtlety more everytime, but that scene was Jow Forums as fuck

*hisself

Because "Just doing what I was ordered to do" is not and never was a valid excuse for committing a crime. Our courts have clearly defined that.

The premise of the story is Kate is an experienced and well-principled lawman, and the point of that was to draw a clear distinction between her, the protagonist, and the antagonists in this story. By making her character extremely "by the books" it helps the viewer highlight that the cartel is not the primary antagonists in the story despite their blatant criminal behavior. The true antagonists here are the CIA and other clandestine actors who's murky escapades riding-the-gray-line are the focal point of the conflict.

Kate's character is extreme to highlight those differences.

Attached: 1428452277214.gif (320x180, 3.94M)

he wrote it though user

Because women

>Operator tells you to get out of the car
>Stay in and almost get killed

>Spook says do not go into the bank
>Goes inna bank, almost dies

>can't clear rooms for shit, almost dies
>drops weapon in the middle of a firefight
>contributes fuck all when it's time to do shit
>bitches and complains but accomplishes nothing
>even Delta guys who were warming up to her are sick of her shit
>if it wasn't for plot armor she would likely be dead already

At least the movie did a good job conveying the experience of dealing with chicks in the military.

Attached: 1455077995818.png (1920x1228, 2.87M)

I look forward to seeing you gain political power and fix all these problems. Godspeed.

No! First Yellowstone, now this.
It was a better run than can be hoped for these days.
We live among ruins and torment.

Man, the fans of this movie get really triggered if you don't call it perfect.
Honestly I just thought it didn't have a single likeable character in it, Del Toro was alright the few times he did have a character moment but those were so few and far between that you pretty slept with your eyes open through 90% of it.

I agree

>Why didn't she just listen to her boss and go along with it

because she's not a nigger

>secret agent man says "no lawyers"
>let the lawyer tag along during the entire illegal operation

Pretty big blooper desu

Serious question. Why dies Jow Forums treat this movie like the gospel? Its average at best

>maybe slightly better than average

Attached: cover.jpg (620x465, 28K)

And now she's married to Jack Ryan

>i'm of the opinion that most of Jow Forums only likes this movie because of the border highway scene.
it's the scene with the silhouettes of the operators fading into the desert horizon at dusk

both were pure kino