Carry a concealed pistol your entire life

>carry a concealed pistol your entire life
>after 56 years never had a reason or need to use it
What is the point of it all? Unless you live in a cesspool the chances of you needing a pistol on you is incredibly small. By all accounts you're more likely to ND or accidentally shoot yourself over that many years holstering and drawing.

Attached: 1509171658174.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bUo-ERfKFm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lay-z b8, boi

by all accounts, you're likely to suck a dick willingly rather than get raped. it's not like you're going to make a guy put on condoms first, so why do you carry one in your wallet anyway OP?

>carry pistol for 56 years
At this point you are going to keep carrying it out of habit if nothing else.

The point is that IF something bad were to happen your three kids won't have to grow up fatherless.

Attached: black crime.png (1024x768, 320K)

You misunderstand. I was able to legally carry at 18.

Its like having an ice scraper and fak in your glove box. It just takes up space 99% of the time, but that last 1% you'll feel like a retard for not having them.

>buy car insurance for your entire life
>pay for car insurance for 56 years and never need it once
What is the point of it all? Unless you live in a cesspool the chances of you needing insurance on your vehicle is incredibly small. By all accounts you're more likely to Overpay or accidentally run over a nail over that many years of paying for insurance and driving safely.

Car accidents are vastly more common then self defense situations. I'm not saying your thrust is wrong just the numbers are greatly skewed.

Are you saying you're 74 years old?

Fuck you I live in a cesspool.

Ok I'm only 35 BUT I am emulating the trend. I have honestly been carrying for 11 years and frankly it feels like I will never need it given my location. I can easily see myself at 74 with no draws.

Jokes on you I'm black so my kids are already fatherless

32 and 2 draws so far. I live in Memphis though.

The quality of this bait is just depressing.

Attached: 1497486865950.jpg (477x477, 21K)

>user carries because he tells himself he should be ready for any situation.
>user refuses to wear a seatbelt, doesn't own a fire extsinguisher, or a carbon monoxide detector
hmmm....

Same as with the fire extinguisher you (hopefully) have in your kitchen. Better to have it but never have to use it than having to use it but not having it.

thought that ferret was a dick at first lol

Please stop shitposting. I'm begging, here. This is me, begging you to fucking stop shitposting.

Better to have it and not need it...

It’s about preparedness and self reliance. Ideally you never use it, only idiots go looking for a fight, but you don’t want to be caught off guard when that one in a million chance rolls around.

It's like a sweater. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

You act as if the ability to cause an accident in a car and outside of one aren't entirely up to the human.

Sure car accidents are more common than self defense. However are psychotic rage attacks, terror attacks or gang violence more common than car accidents? Yes, because I actually used equivalent criteria.

Dum dum

Attached: 1528550978002.jpg (1080x1283, 253K)

You're looking at it all wrong, my friend. After 56 years of carrying a gun and never needing it, don't look back and ask 'why did I bother?', look back and say 'my, how fortunate I've been'. A peaceful life is something that all of us want, but not all of us get.

I've yet to have a house fire; I still have a fire extinguisher that I've still replaced every 10 years. I'm not sad about it though. Fires suck.

Have you never been in a situation that could be helped by a firearm? Fuck man I'm 19 and ive drawn a gun twice. If putting a piece of metal in your pocket everyday isnt worth then idk man. Go find some value in life. Something worth protecting.

Attached: 1529399110133.jpg (428x604, 29K)

Ice scrapers, first aid kits, car insurance and fire extinguishers can't shoot your dick off.

Attached: 1528024748029.webm (640x352, 1.51M)

>However are psychotic rage attacks, terror attacks or gang violence more common than car accidents? Yes

i would like to see numbers on this because that sounds like bullshit.

>Go find some value in life. Something worth protecting.

are you implying the only way to value and protect your life is to carry a gun? how about saving up some money so you can move out of your shithole city.

>he's never lived with a crazy person
if being thrown into a wall and kicked in the teeth repeatedly by someone screaming about their "stolen" ice cream is justification to shoot someone, i would have beat half of detroit during my childhood

neither can guns if you're safe with them

why are you living with a crazy person

i used to, i called her mom

>neither can guns if you're safe with them
You mean, like the guy in the webm was?

Attached: 33945042_351700288688855_1300652246879307687_n.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

>Tardo
Heh.

Also forty short and weak kek

placing a glock in appendix carry isn't exactly safe, you can clearly see that the gun snagged on something and went off as he bent over to pick something up. that wasn't the gun's fault, it was his. glocks do not have safeties. he should have concealed the gun somewhere else or bought a different gun.

Sounds like your childhood trauma biased you towards your current view

In 30 years I've never been in a situation where a concealed weapon would have helped. I am armed at home but have no reason to carry elsewhere.

>are you implying the only way to value and protect your life is to carry a gun?
Of course I'm not genius. But it's a damn good way.

Carrying a gun and saving money isn't mutually exclusive. By value I didn't mean money. This is obvious bait. At least I hope it is.

Attached: 1529730082218.gif (250x313, 2.82M)

>Sounds like your childhood trauma biased you towards your current view
my fear of door bells and phones ringing are the results of my childhood trauma, my experience of having the shit kicked out of me for no reason by a deranged individual wielding complete power over me is not irrational or something to be ignored. you'd feel the exact same way if you were in my position. the only reason you don't feel that way is because you were able to go about your day as a kid without fearing beatings for dropping glasses or opening doors too loudly.

>In 30 years I've never been in a situation where a concealed weapon would have helped. I am armed at home but have no reason to carry elsewhere.
well then, your experience is irrelevant.

I dropped a fire extinguisher on my foot and broke a toe

therefore house fires don't happen

you don't carry a fire extinguisher on your person wherever you go. you barely interact with them. stop coming up with these gun-grabber tier arguments. carrying a gun on you has a degree of danger in itself and its up to the individual to determine if carrying a loaded weapon every day for protection is warranted.

You CC a fire extinguisher? Could that dropped a fire extinguisher result in death or mutilation?

Just like the song.

I've had a fire extinguisher in my kitchen for a couple decades now and still haven't used it. Doesn't mean I shouldn't keep it around.

I'm guessing you've never heard of the 1980 Berlin subway gassing or when Cislamic extremist butchered the German Olympic team. What about the super frequency of Chinese soldiers losing their shot in post, then proceeding g to gun down civilians. Your information is controlled and that is the whole reason you ask this question

It's way more common than you think dood.

I never got this. Sure it's the fault of the person for being poor but at some point the person wants to move but can't because of average rent, taxes, and IQ level so they cant get schooling in trades.

You're just moving goal posts

Attached: 1529841294639.jpg (1440x1433, 340K)

I've been carrying for 6.

Twice in the past year I had to draw, thankfully they ran the fuck off when they saw the pistol.

I was trending that thought process before those events, now I'm glad I take it everywhere.

Yeah? Death can occur from a 7 foot drop. He also said he broke a toe.

Is this yankee marshall?

but you just put the fire extinguisher in a cabinet or by a door and forget about it. its a completely childish to compare that to carrying a gun everywhere.

>he attacks the author because of weak material argument.

You also carry a gun and forget about it.

>I'm guessing you've never heard of the 1980 Berlin subway gassing or when Cislamic extremist butchered the German Olympic team.
Oh shit, whole 2 terrorist attacks that are several years apart? Yeah, car accidents surely happen less often than that.

If I could conveniently carry a fire extinguisher around with me I would. As it is I keep another one in my truck, just in case.

See this.
Your shits weak. It happens errfuckingday. There are school shootings in Gormany and Finland that never hits American media.

You'd think that in 35 years you would've attempted to be more clever

T. Bic related = (you)

Attached: 1529389267839.jpg (768x1024, 81K)

well that's because I don't deep fry things everywhere I go

maybe I should though, now that you mention it

>See this.
I don't get it. How is this wound related to the frequency of terrorist attacks?

>did you not know about these famous terrorist attacks? wow you fucking sheep OPEN UR EYES!
first off, what would a gun do for you during a fucking gas attack? second, being a victim of an event such as these is incredibly improbable, less probable than someone breaking into your house. Also if you live in china im pretty sure you're not even allowed to own a gun in the first place.

>You also carry a gun and forget about it.

until you sit down or someone gives you a hug or you try to reach for something on a high shelf

Are we getting raided or what?

Anyway, I've carried for 10 years. Never once needed it, never drawn. Until I was leaving Pike Place Market 3 weeks ago at about 1 pm and two homeless guys advanced on me with knives on the fucking sidewalk. I drew, they fled. And the cops still took fucking 15 minutes to show up.

Shit happens, even in places you think it wouldn't.

>Are we getting raided or what?
this is not an adult way to respond to people having different opinions.

>being a victim of an event such as these is incredibly improbable, less probable than someone breaking into your house.
great, carrying a gun means that you'll be deviating from the norm so much that even the best terrorists would have a fair chance of ignoring the possibility of someone carrying. you'll save dozens if the event actually does happen and you're competent enough to fight back.

or you can be herded into an arena by said terrorists and spend the last 5 hours of your life praying that the fbi or delta force will save you.

>you'll save dozens if the event actually does happen and you're competent enough to fight back.
ah, here it is. this is the reason you carry. you're another one of those boners who imagines themselves stopping a mass shooting or thinks about how they would fight back during a no-knock raid.

no, i imagine catching some muslim with an AKM as he walks into the building, putting one in his head, and running away like a little bitch. i'm not one of those tactical retards with 7 knives.

>what's the point of being prepared for anything?
If you honestly need to ask yourself why you carry, maybe you're fucking right. Maybe you shouldn't fucking carry, my man.
Goddamn, what timezone is off work and getting ready to go to bed right now?
>Australia
Fucking figures.

>Massachusetts school shooting.
>pearl high school

Uh doi

you don't go to school anymore, and if you did, you wouldn't be able to carry a gun anyway.

27, had to draw once while carrying before I became a cop and I don’t live in a bad area. Now a whole bunch more while on duty, but thankfully no shootings. You just never know when you could need it and it could cost you your life or someone else’s.

Do you plan on getting into a car accident? No, but you have insurance and hopefully drive normal to avoid that.

Do you plan on drowning when you go out on a boat? No, but you carry safety floats in case that happens to occur.
Shit happens. We pray it doesn't, but prepare for the worse.

I live in the country, not a cesspool. I've had occasion to use a handgun perhaps 4 or 5 times this year.

youtube.com/watch?v=bUo-ERfKFm8

When ever I holster I put the gun in the holster and then the whole thing in my pants.

>be neet who never leaves the house

Its called going outside

>I can easily see myself at 74 with no draws.

Which is as it ought to be. Intentionally looking for situations where you have to draw is not a good strategy. Thing is, guns are like fire extinguishers and FAKs- you rarely need them, but when you do, you need them right now.

>Do you plan on getting into a car accident? No, but you have insurance and hopefully drive normal to avoid that.
>Do you plan on drowning when you go out on a boat? No, but you carry safety floats in case that happens to occur.
>Shit happens. We pray it doesn't, but prepare for the worse.

insurance and life vests aren't potentially dangerous to you, unlike a gun.

Why do you wear a seat belt, have life/health/auto/home/renters/business insurance, look before crossing the road, have a form of savings, get vaccinated, take supplements, at least toy with the idea of eating healthy, etc etc etc.

Just in case.

What an oddly specific, low probability mishap to focus on. I would be willing to bet that more people are asphyxiated or blinded by fire extinguishers per year than manage to ND into their dick.

Not sure how yours is any more relevant. I don't live with or around deranged people. I do not fear random acts of violence. I have no need to carry a weapon on my person outside the home.

You're obviously projecting your childhood trauma on others around you and living in fear of the same thing happening again.

i wonder how many cases of concealed carry ND's there are compared to concealed carry defense shootings

>I don't live with or around deranged people.
yes you do.

>I do not fear random acts of violence.
you should.

>You're obviously projecting your childhood trauma on others around you and living in fear of the same thing happening again.
why would i be afraid? i have a gun.

>way more common than you think

>terrorism & random acts of violence me common than car accidents

You have to be massively retarded to think those are even remotely comparable in frequency. There were 5.4 million crashes in the NHTSA data set in 2010. That's almost 15,000 per day. There are not 15,000 incidences of terrorism and random acts of violence per day in the US, just no.

Attached: 1529876138566.jpg (280x373, 13K)

Glocks do have fucking safeties you cockgobbling shit for brains.

The only fucking way it goes bang is pulling the trigger. If you fucking do something stupid like jam it down your pants with no holster or some garbage bargin bin leather trash, and it goes off cause your fat gut depressed the safety and your 1337OBERADOR 1lb trigger pull blows your dick in half.

If you put a Glock in Kydex and it goes off your gun is REALLY fucked up.

>having this little self awareness of your own biases

I'm sorry

Attached: 1529430528970.png (726x542, 341K)

again, none of the things you stated have the chance of potentially killing you, cept for maybe vaccines in incredibly rare cases.

Kids who are being fed anti gun propaganda typically end up being more active during summer.
I wonder why though...

Unless you live in a cesspool the chances of being in a mass shooting are incredibly small.
But, you know. Muh chilluns and all that cabalist totalitarian bullshit.
Pic unrelated

Attached: Planet_Nine_-_black_background.png (1920x1280, 68K)

I live around Americans and they are some of the dumbest people on the planet, having a gun to protect yourself is a necessity.

friend, i agree with you. i just personally believe that glocks should not be used at all in certain carry positions, because they have no safeties. thee gun only going off when the trigger is pulled is not a fucking safety.

you seem to suffer from the just world fallacy. i am not reacting in fear because of my childhood, i am making the justified choice to carry a gun to protect myself, spurred on by the things i suffered as a child. if my parents wish to ambush and kidnap me (as they have threatened to in the past), i will shoot them. it is that simple. i am not drawing on every mother breastfeeding or every father talking with his son.

And you seem to be thinking that me not feeling like I need to carry is me telling you that you don't. I'm not. I'm telling you why I don't carry, not why you shouldn't. You clearly seem to have a life full of dangerously unstable people. I do not. Hence the difference in attitudes.

>You clearly seem to have a life full of dangerously unstable people. I do not. Hence the difference in attitudes.
hence the comment about the just world fallacy. just because you live in a safe neighborhood does not mean that you are not at risk. i don't care if you want to go without carrying, i am pointing out that you are fucking retarded if you think that nobody is out to get you.

>boomerposting

I think you're delusional if you think that the average person has people "out to get them." That's you projecting.

The overwhelming majority of people are not ever victims of violent crime in the US in their lifetimes. Your experience is outside the norm and you seem unaware of that.

Then stop carrying. It's your fucking choice to do whatever the fucking fuck you want. Just don't come crying to us when a pack of niggers rapes you and your wife's son.

I'm cool with that, but in the last 48-72 hours every other thread seems to be WHY CONCEAL CARRY ITS USELESS WHY YOU NEED GUN PUSSY

no one here is expressing anti-gun sentiments. being skeptical of the benefits of concealed carrying is not the same as being anti-gun.

I don't think CC is useless, I just believe it has a lot of cons associated with it that can outweigh the pros depending on your lifestyle.

nobody is forcing you to carry, but when nigs want to nog, and all you have is a dumb look on your face..you're gunna be a beta bitch and hand over your wallet and cell phone without a fight.

Actually operating a motor vehicle is infinitely more likely to cause injury or death than owning/carrying a firearm.

You have a chance of dying just by being alive. But keep moving the goal post, it really doesn't scream desperation.

>I don't think CC is useless, I just believe it has a lot of cons associated with it that can outweigh the pros depending on your lifestyle.

>What is the point of it all? Unless you live in a cesspool the chances of you needing a pistol on you is incredibly small. By all accounts you're more likely to ND or accidentally shoot yourself over that many years holstering and drawing.

Hmmmm

fair enough but we risk that because cars are a daily necessity for most people, unlike guns.

Yeah people don't realize that driving is by far the most statistically dangerous thing they do. Especially if they ride a motorcycle, which massively increases risk (25-30x) of both crashing and being seriously injured or killed in a crash.

Firearm risk is almost entirely controllable by the individual as well by practicing good gun safety.

And again, like everyone is saying, you wear a seat belt and have auto insurance. Why? Risk management.

You're being completely disingenuous. This is obviously a "guns are useless why do you need one?" Anti-gun argument. Is this your little test run before July 4th tumblr?