Metro series

Does Jow Forums approve of the Metro games and books. I've seen Stalker threads but never a Metro one.

Attached: Metro-Last-Light-1.jpg (890x507, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mON5WmA5REk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

Yes.

Yes, but they're rigid and linear as fuck and dont have much of a modding scene, so outside of ranger stealth runs; everybodys experience is about the same and therefore theres not much to discuss.

Yes.

Metro gun design is fay as fuck.
Also Americans wouldnt hide in subways like coward Russians.
We would fix bayonets and charge all the ayylmaos in a final glorious battle for mankind.

Okay. Suck my balls.

Fuck off summer fag

You are 15.

i like it story wise but idk if good for guns

i liked the linearity, i mean linear games have a place and are not bad in themselfs

Stalker games are great
Roadside picnic is great
Stalker movie is ok

Metro games are good
Books are good, I liked them more than games
Hopefully muricans don't fuck up the movie but it is very likely to happen.

Metro games are mostly Jow Forums approved but don't have as much followers as stalker.

Attached: stalker 2.png (500x591, 148K)

I somewhat enjoyed the first one, but I wasn't a fan of how linear it was and how it seemed to take multiple headshots to kill at times.

Yeah it's good. They're a "play once and you've done what there is to do" kind of game though.

>books
Yeah, they're cool. Literal Roadside Picnic ripoffs, but that kinda makes it cool.
>games
linear console shooter trash with neat atmosphere and setting. You play them once, then forget for all eternity.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

The RWDS mission was fun

>Literal Roadside Picnic ripoffs
Only in the way that it's "Russian post-apocalyptic fiction"
Only about half of Roadside Picnic took place in the zone - it was a commentary by the Strugatskys about how even a dangerous unknown wasteland was preferable to the dull oppression of Communism and true happiness only comes from experiencing horrors and venturing into the unknown. There's also a lot of Lem's Solaris in there - the idea that the unknown is unknown not because we haven't figured it out, but because it's entirely beyond comprehension.
Metro is completely different - it's more about fate and how humanity's inhumanity towards man led to a fate where we destroyed the only thing that could have saved the surface only because we didn't understand it.

In Roadside Picnic, the narrator sets out for fame and fortune and does nothing but suffer until he finally finds the wish-granter and simply wishes "happiness for everyone, no one left behind"

In Metro, Artyom sets out to save his station, does nothing but bring suffering onto OTHERS, until his station is destroyed, and he nukes the only species that could have helped.

there were some obvios anti capitalist segments there as well, the strugazki brothers kinda acknowlaged that both are shit, but its all up to interpretation

Movie?

Attached: shutterstock_306772649_grande.jpg (600x441, 26K)

Yes. A movie.
Made in the 1970s. Practically a very liberal adaptation of Roadside Picnic. Not an action flick.

Attached: STALKER film power plant.jpg (1493x1080, 66K)

youtube.com/watch?v=mON5WmA5REk

ARMAGEDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

Not an action flick but very highly rated/cult following in soviet/art circles beside Tarkovskys Solaris

Played both, much prefer Metro's world desu. Both have a good atmosphere but Metro really did it for me.

You're actually a faggot.
I believe you are fay as fuck.

Yes. I've only read the Metro 2033 book, and I don't know if there are more, but I loved both the book and the games. I believe the book does a better job at world building and immersing you in the world than the game does, but the games is better in different aspects too as the feeling of walking in abandoned tunnels or the dead Moscow surface is amazing. it's not Fallout or Stalker, but it's damn good in its own right.

Slavniggers and homemade guns, of course Jow Forums approves.

Attached: Ecologist ok.png (700x654, 449K)

Attached: Armageddon soy.png (389x223, 132K)

Yes. Books are a little rough to read though (maybe different in it's original language).