Good rifle for boar CQB?

I'm gonna be moving in a month to boar territory and 556 barley tickles those fuckers. I would have lost my lef if that
I need something strong, with good capacity, that can fuck mr piggy's shit up if I put holes in him in a split couple of seconds without shooting him in the right spots.

Attached: The-Clean-Kill.jpg (640x411, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

alexanderarms.com/products/50-beowulf
youtube.com/watch?v=w7HqiH3WUZM
feralhogs.tamu.edu/files/2011/08/Feral-Hog-Laws-and-Regulations-in-Texas.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*Lost my life if that fucker didn't get shot in the spine.
I had to take a shit, sorry for not proofreading.

>556 barely tickles those fuckers

50 rounds of it certainly does more than tickling.

I’ve had lots of good luck with 12ga slugs, 9.3x62, and 38-55. Piggies go down and stay down.

Cheap side, 12ga slug
Fun side, alexanderarms.com/products/50-beowulf

12 gauge does the trick most of the time but I've been around these hogs before. I don't know if its common or not but those ones are different, hunt in packs and flank their prey. Its fascinating but a real pain in the ass when you have to deal with it.

12 gauge slugs are generally what you want for stopping charging animals outside of Africa. Bears and boar will drop just the same once introduced to it.

So are you hunting them, or just looking to have something to keep them away?

youtube.com/watch?v=w7HqiH3WUZM

You want safe?
AK 47 automatic rifle, ranch rigged with live grenades and sawed off shotguns.
Other than that you ain't safe.

I'm looking for something to defend myself with when the pigs charge me. Something that can put a couple rounds in em and it will at least immobilze them giving me the chance to get a brain shot.
I don't like killing but I'd rather kill than be killed.

Ptr

In that case the adequate cartridges start at around the heavier 7.62 Soviet rounds, but considering you're American, you might want to instead look at 7.62 NATO or .308, as they're more than powerful enough to put down boar and the ammo should be easily available.
Legal limits for boar hunting here in Finland are
>138 grain bullet with > 1990 ft lb energy at 100m
>155 grain bullet with >1476 ft lb energy at 100m
Which are based on one-shot kills, so you can base your needs on that.

>Starts a thread about safety
>Posts a MDE quote which would unironically work and forgets to remove OP from name
The absolute state of summer

A .223 loaded with modern bonded bullets will do just fine, OP. Texans seem particularly fond of Hornady TAP.

If you'd rather shoot something larger, any deer rifle will do.

Attached: 223 75 grain TAP on big hog.jpg (337x525, 72K)

>summer

Attached: c14.jpg (742x720, 33K)

I've downed a few with a uberti 1876 replica in 45-60. 45-70 should do more than enough especially with hot bear loads

As much as I fucking hate the company, now... I bought this before they went full retard, so I don't feel *as* bad....

But I own a Springfield Socom 16, in the original configuration. I live in west Texas, and have slaughtered scores upon scores of those nasty fuckers.. An AR barely touches them, you're right, but the Socom is .308, w/ a 16" barrel, capable of feeding reliably from the X Products 50rd drum (pro tip, it's heavy).
When suppressed, ( Silencerco 300) it does throw a bit of gas back at you, (quite a bit) but much of this can be remedied with tuning the gas, and spring.
Regardless, .308 is more than enough to fuck up wild bacon.

If you can’t kill something with a 12 gauge slug I think you have a much larger problem

One Texas fag to another, if I were to have to kill a few boar on my land to protect my dogs and shit, if I don’t have a hunting license, can I still take them to a place to get the meat harvested from the body? I’ve heard a few people say yes and a few say no

Fucking summer fag

I honestly couldn't clarify that for you...
Easiest thing to do, is talk with the game warden, and he'll be straight with you.

I don't have enough land to justify slaughtering them in the droves that I do, but tbqh, I wouldn't eat the meat most of the time anyway, they're pretty rife with disease.

everyone can stop replying to the thread now, OP watched ideas man too many times and is a massive faggot

Most hunters tell to go for something that drops immediately so 30-06 but I say don't go anything below 555.
And club, club is fine, krug told me that, especially rock club.

Attached: when weapon tech doesn't advance.jpg (1169x776, 192K)

5.56 is fine for hogs

Attached: baconniggersremoved.jpg (1242x1232, 304K)

closeup of dead hoggos

Attached: removedbaconnigger.jpg (1242x2208, 915K)

I taken many with my 6.5 x 55 swede

>and 556 barely tickles those fuckers
Nigga wut? I've killed HUNDREDS of hogs with 5.56, almost always 1-shot stops. Stop trying to shoot them with tulammo you bought at a gunshow 20 years ago.

I'm fairly certain that Texas considers them a nuisance animal and as such doesn't require a license to hunt them. I know they don't have a set season and you can shoot them 24/7/365.

Samefagging to jerk yourself off. Pathetic.

This, people who shit on 5.56 ofent only have experience with whatever was on sale at wallyworld at the time

Quality M855 is nothing to sneeze at

>often
Phoneposter cant into proofreading, kill me

Landowners or their agents are allowed to kill feral hogs on their property without a hunting license if feral hogs are causing damage. However, any landowner that plans to trap or snare hogs should have a valid Texas hunting license, since these activities could affect other wildlife species.

feralhogs.tamu.edu/files/2011/08/Feral-Hog-Laws-and-Regulations-in-Texas.pdf

you faggot I got attacked by two of them and only had gravel to defend myself! I WON!

Attached: anderson-cooper-eyeroll-twitter-11_1529692917.gif (718x539, 597K)