Are there any bladed that could be used for self defense

First of all, katanafags fuck off.
Worst case scenario, I have to defend myself from a pig or a nig that broke into my house but I can't use my gun for some reason

Attached: 500598.png (555x555, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=AK003
ltspecpro.com/latin-d-guard-machete-18-clampack.html.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a welll crafted and sturdy spear in conjunction with a shiled of some sorts
I have one under my bed.
Cheap to make and easy to use.

You already posted it. Sturdy, medium length, stabs and cuts, what else do you want. Consider a shield to go with it, something like a buckler maybe.

Attached: sns2132.jpg (800x800, 169K)

I always thought a Gladious would be an excellent home defense weapon if non-firearms were your only option. Its short enough to not be a large hindrance in hallways, can stab or slash, and its one handed.

Attached: image_of_object.jpg (235x500, 19K)

A poleaxe for gnomes?

A sawed-off poleaxe for close quarter combat.

>A sawed-off poleaxe
so just a battle-axe then?

>that could be used for self defense
Any of them, the weeb sword included. As long as it isn't too long or heavy, there's not much that separates one cutty pokey thing from another cutty pokey thing. A Roman gladius and a $20 machete are practically identical in a modern self-defense context. They're both gonna be very effective against someone who's unarmed or has a knife and not against someone with a gun. And you could honestly accomplish similar with a baseball bat kept by the door without everyone thinking you're a weirdo who's looking for an excuse to stab somebody with a sword.

You need to swing a axe to do real damage. In the European human hutch I live, I don't have enough space to swing something reliably.
Gladius/qama/kindjar is the way to go, or to the contrary a short spear. I am limited to thrusting weapons.

*teleports behind you*

Attached: heres-a-more-recent-picture-of-me-my-mom-made-5802412-1.png (305x410, 140K)

>swordfags

Attached: 1495118385900.gif (200x232, 881K)

Attached: Blank _d89752fd3a54f82d28badeb53e9d27c9.jpg (326x315, 20K)

A cutlass would do a better job than a gladius, better hand protection just in case they manage to get in range to attack you.

Is this a real pic ?

I have a shitty generic shortsword I got at a ren fair when I was a kid. I keep it next to my bed for no real reason. I figure if someone does pop up in my room at night it's better than nothing.

You didn't know that Trump is the last practitioner if the Hiten Mitsurigi style of kenjutsu?

You think the dindu is going to fight back with a fucking sword ?
He (or they) will have :
1. a knife
2. a bat
3. a pistol.
Hand protection is not really relevant in a home invasion scerario. If you want protection wield an AR500 shield.

I don't know if this is a manga/anime reference.

My bet is that someone shopped a katana instead of a golf club.

>someone shopped a katana instead of a golf club.

this.

I got gifted a fucking anime sword, might not be the best but at least I know if I hit someone its gonna fucking hurt.

Id rather have a gladius 2bpqh, if its good enough for the legions then its good enough for me.

You should first find out if the laws in your area support defending yourself, and how/when it is legal to do so.

>Hand protection is not really relevant
When close combat is involved, hand protection is always relevant because you usually hold your weapon in front of you therefore hands are the first things that can get hurt.
A simple knuckle ring and bar doesn't hurt.

Would adopt 's stance in combat ?
The blade is supposed to be in front, then the hand, then the arm, then the body.
Hand protection doesn't hurt, but it's not that much important against a knive wielder (range advantage), and against a bat or gun wielder you need a shield.

>Would adopt 's stance in combat ?
Who is supposed to answer this question? Of course the type of the sword dictates the stance, but the extanded stance (chudan/langort/terza) is pretty much the universal best default answer anyway.

>and against a bat or gun wielder you need a shield.
You mostly need superior agression, a bat isn't a very good weapon against a sword and against a gun you should get as close as you can as fast as you can and hopefully, a confined space is pretty much the only place where you can do that (see the argentinian wallhanging katana wielder for reference).

Anyway, when I said hand protection, a simple d-ring or a disc guard is good enough, you don't need to go full basket-hilted claymore but a shashka like sword isn't such a splendid idea hand protection wise either.

The one that looks and functions like a gun

Use a Kuhkri, the mofo breaking in would die of a heart thinking he broke into the house of some crazy native cannibal ritual

Kuhkris are cultural appropriation, shitlord. Use a regular machete or a bowie knife and quit sucking "totally BASED" nepalnigger dick

>a simple d-ring or a disc guard is good enough, you don't need to go full basket-hilted claymore
Unless you do have some kind of basket arrangement, hand protection is completely irrelevant. You're not fucking fencing, the only time that would ever come up is if somebody is swinging some kind of club at your hands, in which case you're gonna get your knuckles smashed.

you can always add hand protection to your Gladius, Gladiators often did. make it a cup or a cage so long as it doesn't interfer with your grip.

Attached: dimachaerus.jpg (700x509, 118K)

kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=AK003
>Big knife
>Cuts shit
what more do you need?
>pic related

Attached: 1508058412461.gif (294x233, 376K)

>kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=AK003
Shitty grip on this one, too small and with protruding pointy bits. You would be better with a fucking Cobra Steel Kindjal, at least you could grab it easily and correctly.
On the poorfag level, I would consider this : ltspecpro.com/latin-d-guard-machete-18-clampack.html. (I'm only suggesting the D-guard version here)
Otherwise, I know ZGB makes a Gladius, but I'm not sure if it's worth it at $100.

Pole arm is a good choice. Gives you range and is hard for and inexperienced attacker to defend against. Before they know it they have a blade in their gut