Are there any medics here that can tell me ignorant you’re supposed to remove celox powder from a wound later after...

Are there any medics here that can tell me ignorant you’re supposed to remove celox powder from a wound later after you pack it? I’ve heard the cells gauze has to be packed deep into wounds and then surgically removed but what about the powder?

Attached: 5521E3A5-0299-4D23-A36D-8FF1CD35993C.jpg (1024x512, 193K)

If you're trying to say what I think you are, then it'll be flushed later when the surgeons take a look at it.

Bandages have worked for thousands of years.

Energy can not be created or destroyed.

Is an Israeli bandage better for GSWs? What bandages should be used for regular semi serious cuts?

It makes a big scab ball that is then pulled out of you when you're in a stable environment. Quick-Clot gauze becomes a scab ball with a convenient pull-tab for removal.

T. Doc

Attached: IMG_4589.jpg (4032x3024, 2.39M)

In the military we're taught to either tuck the packaging into the bandage or write it down somewhere on the victim, that way the trauma docs know that its qwick-clot and not a regular packing gauze.
IIRC it also has a blue lining around the gauze for identification

There is no one fix for a GSW. It entirely depends on where the wound or wounds are and what the injury is. Some Israeli bandages and tourniquets are only useful on certain areas of the body as well. I suggest you get some basic first aid courses under your belt.

Every rose has its thorn

There's gonna be a wound débridement anyways, since the wound is guaranteed to be fucked six ways from sunday by the time the patient gets to a european hospital.
So you're gonna scrape all the shit in the wound, gauze, coagulated blood whatever the fuck is in there after you pour the powder in, out anyways.
t. surgeons assistant

fuck yo couch, nigga

don't use it, use pressure, high risk of pulmonary thrombosis inferior to pressure

>Is an Israeli bandage better for GSWs?
yes and chest seals.

>What bandages should be used for regular semi serious cuts?
Elevate and pressure

>It makes a big scab ball that is then pulled out of you when you're in a stable environment. Quick-Clot gauze becomes a scab ball with a convenient pull-tab for removal. T. Doc

Strange you did not tell him not to use this stuff then.

surgeon/nurse/medical tech removes it when they clean the wound. SHTF? Very carefully and pray that it doesn't get infected and that the bleeding doesn't start again.

As said

>don't use it, use pressure, high risk of pulmonary thrombosis inferior to pressure
Also take a first aid course.

Don't get me wrong, the stuff is retarded and requires bandaging anyway. The new studies coming out show that proper packing is way more important than any hemostatic agents anyway. Besides, you all know the drill by now: TRAINING TRUMPS TOYS. Learn what types of bleeds you may encounter and how to address them, then decide on what equipment you will need.

I also don't care what shit you use. Cellox powder is bad and you WILL feel bad if you use it. Pain is the patient's problem.

I've used the quick clot stuff on smaller wounds and it just falls off as it heals

>celox
Anyone else calling it Kellog's?

As a greenside Corpsman, that's old school shit. The new combat gauze has the clotting agent in the material. We just stuff the hole and wrap it. The actual doctors remove it later.

It all gets cleaned out later.
t. surgeon’s assistant’s cousin

Does your dad work also work at nintendo?

My dad actually works for Valve.