/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
Russian 3-Gun Edition
>Thread #638

Old thread here

Attached: 1488412016121.jpg (960x620, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
amazon.com/dp/B01LX8VJF0/?tag=thegunzone-20
amazon.com/dp/B005G0FADG/ref=twister_B005OIBYQM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005MR3IVO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1530132302&sr=8-1&keywords=55gallon lube&dpPl=1&dpID=41+5DXOl9zL&ref=plSrch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

what ak should I buy?

WASR

Attached: IMG_20180626_230528480_LL_2.jpg (861x2304, 464K)

>tfw no Groza

can you bros shill me a good chest rig/mag carrier?

wheres the SLR-106FR shill poster

he stopped shilling about a month ago

I saw this yesterday and was considering it. Should I yay or nay?
I live in Cali btw and have no AK style guns except for a basic bitch SKS

Attached: 20180626_165019.jpg (1944x2592, 479K)

Save your money for moving to another state

i miss him

SADF Pattern 83

Getting a n-pap in about a month to add to the collection

Attached: 20181322.jpg (3020x3380, 1.74M)

Hell yes.
You'll never regret buying a gun but you'll always regret not buying one.

>yeah leave the fight instead of staying and fighting
Cowards leave.
Getting mixed results, aren't veprs better in overall quality?

Should I pay $1,600 for a new in box sgl31 fixed stock? I'm thinking yes my dudes

>> No.38372211
Mine shouldn’t have had that issue then cause this is the updated model, must have been a lemon like you’d said. I’m going to contact PA.
>> No.38372375
I’ll post another picture of the mud hole I’ve shot at before but the last time I went there it was all fenced off. Land bought up by Canadians and made essentially into public land by them for the people. Somewhere by Oakhill near i95. They’re a good group of Sovereign Citizens so be careful going out there fella. I tried organizing a North Central Florida meet up a few times but both plans didn’t work out due to my lack organizing. maybe I should use WhatsApp next time.
>> No.38373057
I used the correct battery type and bought Energizer. So I should’ve been fine. They ran long enough for me to be happy to throw it on the Ruger Ranch 7.62,39 I’m looking at.
>> No.38373345
It was a Mystery Ranch A.S.A.P. Loved that little bastard. I could carry a spam without as much as thinking about it. Great suspension system. It was killed by my partner though. It is what it is. Ya’ll prolly saw that post. Lol, wish I didn’t even say anything about it online but I had to say something to someone.

Attached: father'sday2016.jpg (2592x1936, 1.79M)

iirc, that's about what they went for on K-Var's site not that long ago. That said, I'm no expert on California gun laws by the way, but can't you just use a grip wrap and low capacity magazines or something? Maybe find an unconverted Saiga?

yes you fucking idiot. scoop that shit up. I'm about to over pay for a Norinco type 56 by about 150$. just cause it comes with the spiker and original sling.
>muh chinese longboi
>dem cow vibrations

Attached: demcows.jpg (4608x3456, 2.92M)

Yeah it comes with two 5rnd capacity magazines which is not even range fun. Has to be at least 10. I like the way it felt and it's legit wood and steel feel. I hear a bunch of bitching about modern US Aks being not as good as the originals so I figured an AK style or RPK style receiver should last long enough to pass down to another generation.

> No.38372211
Mine shouldn’t have had that issue then cause this is the updated model, must have been a lemon like you’d said. I’m going to contact PA.
>> No.38372375
I’ll post another picture of the mud hole I’ve shot at before but the last time I went there it was all fenced off. Land bought up by Canadians and made essentially into public land by them for the people. Somewhere by Oakhill near i95. They’re a good group of Sovereign Citizens so be careful going out there fella. I tried organizing a North Central Florida meet up a few times but both plans didn’t work out due to my lack organizing. maybe I should use WhatsApp next time.
> No.38373057
I used the correct battery type and bought Energizer. So I should’ve been fine. They ran long enough for me to be happy to throw it on the Ruger Ranch 7.62,39 I’m looking at.
> No.38373345
It was a Mystery Ranch A.S.A.P. Loved that little bastard. I could carry a spam without as much as thinking about it. Great suspension system. It was killed by my partner though. It is what it is. Ya’ll prolly saw that post. Lol, wish I didn’t even say anything about it online but I had to say something to someone.

>god fucking damn it
>into posting

Attached: heavy.jpg (4058x3110, 2.17M)

Yeah VEPRs are great bro, if you're going to convert it tho you have to do some stock work, but you being in CA means you prob won't.

>holy shit
>I'm shitting up this thread like a fuckwit
>this is why I don't post much
>sorry guise
>third time's the charm

Maybe you should learn how to post before trying to impart shitty boomer faggot advice

You should get a trip name so that we can identify you as new.

Over here hoping bud's doesn't run out of 106's before income tax next year.
do you guise think it's worth it to pick one up and slap a KNS piston on it to shoot some of the lower powered loads on the market?
I'm wanting something future proof and it seems like the bulgy folders are falling like flies

I keep hearing this converting thing, what do you mean? I'm new to AK general so be nice please and this might be my first and only purchase in this market since I like the reliable feel.

They were imported in sporter configurations with a traditional stock, not a pistol grip. You have to drill out new holes, move the trigger forward, and fill in the old holes.

>Has to be at least 10
You can buy 10 round VEPR mags online. I'm sure there's no shortage of them. Part of me wonders though if you didn't just mistake a 10 round for a 5 round, since most VEPRs ship with both a 10 and 5 rounder.
>AK style
If you want something like that, look for an unconverted Saiga. That has the standard 1mm stamped receiver.
>or RPK style receiver should last long enough to pass down to another generation
>implying that you'll be able to do that so long as you remain in California
>implying guns won't be banned by that point
Either way, you can do that with really any gun provided you take care of it. The thicker receiver doesn't really mean much when you consider that barrels and trunnions are more important aspects that determine the life of an AK (both of which the VEPR is good on, mind you).

The VEPR isn't a bad gun by any means, and if you want it, go for it.
>Ya’ll prolly saw that post
Damn I remember that. It was around the time I bought my 3DAP I think, and it hurt a bit to read. Have you replaced it yet?

Yeah, I should know by now how to respond to multiple questions. I usually just caps lock cruise control this shit and fill the thread with each response individually. its my day off and I felt like I should type on Notes before posting anything on the Chan today.

>Actually encouraging trip posting
>Lurk Moar faggot
What the fuck is wrong with you, Cancer? We have enough trip fags in /akg/ as it is. The only time one should use a trip is when you post a thread and said thread garnishes enough attention that people are responding to anons other than op and op is confused with other anons. THEN you get a temporary trip to avoid confusion and gain cohesion to the thread. Correct me if I’m wrong oldfags.

>don't know how I'm a boomer
>behold! my ass sweat!

Attached: sandyvag.jpg (2592x1936, 493K)

You lack the critical thinking skills to be able to figure out why your posts are completely wrong, but still are willing to go through the effort to type out everything incorrectly and unwilling to ask for help.
That's why you're a boomer. Lurk more, faggot.

Attached: yugo.jpg (1636x1022, 248K)

why can't we just get along? :P not using Jow Forums all the time is a good thing /b/ro
I like that paint job. Makes me want to get some Orange Chicken samples

Attached: IMG_2498.jpg (2592x1936, 783K)

RAS47
American reliability

not yet. I went on a budget to put that kit together. Ive just been focusing on work lately and getting better with what I have left. Pretty much everything soft here got cut up. The only things not pictured were a Z-mat and an Aqua quest defender. It is what it is. I knew she would do it once in our life together and thats why I went budget. Ive done some things in the past that can somewhat justify in her mind why she fucked my shit up but this isn't the time or the board. this is /akg/. All in all, I learned a lot from putting the bag together with the scraps from the ass end of my work checks. So the next one will be much more efficient. Shouldn't have happened either way, no excuses. She did buy a g19 and the turkshit cz I post every now and then to make me feel better the next holiday and birthday.

Attached: IMG_2184.jpg (4608x3456, 2.9M)

exploded view

Attached: IMG_2180 copy.jpg (4608x3456, 2.99M)

>nice and tidy
Even if she's crazy she's cuban, I'm the only one to blame for getting with her. Still fun to go operating with a qt. though. She wants a 74 but theres no 104's around so thats why I want a 106 come income tax.

Attached: IMG_2188.jpg (4608x3456, 2.79M)

>/b/ro

Attached: 69a.jpg (680x649, 51K)

Once Yugo, there's no coming back.

Posting my 2 saigas

Attached: tmp_27878-IMG_20180615_295091280466022009403892.jpg (1080x1440, 287K)

Attached: uYHsOg8IvXs.jpg (784x1080, 316K)

Attached: IMG_4999.jpg (539x530, 73K)

>no dimples
The one on the right is a wasr

No ass
Would not operate with

Not funny.

This, however, is funny.

Attached: IMG_4677.jpg (1221x777, 347K)

Try again, it's a saiga 12

Attached: tmp_27878-IMG_20180627_148483411086685678787620.jpg (1440x1080, 475K)

>actually operating with basedbois
fuck off faggot

Attached: IMG_1961.jpg (4608x3456, 3.65M)

nothin funny bout supporting commie countries! buy american and support our great country. no reason to buy those goatfucker guns when redblooded americans are pumping out good steel american ak's.

>not operating with people who can squat more than 2 plates
Who is the real basedboi?

>century steel
>good steel

not him but i've been looking at the lynx 12.
made at the same chink factory that pumps out type 2's. Wondering if there is any validity to this claim. Our blind wise man Mishaco seems to say the same thing.

Attached: floridaiswet.jpg (4608x3456, 2.29M)

I did consider a lynx 12, but decided on the Saiga because I already owned a 7.62x39. Like a fag, I needed a matching pair. Also, the lynx 12 doesn't have a side mount, and I wanted to use my red dot that I already have.

I thought NPAPs weren’t being imported anymore.

Serious question; why can’t you take an AR barrel, drill a hole for the gas port, and pop it into a trunnion?

I love my HS d3crx, but it's $180 think. Don't know what your budget is. Sadf 83 is good, and I think one site was selling new production Chinese four cell rigs. Can't remember what the model was called.

I'm pretty new to this so I'm not really sure how far my money will go you know? and the sadf83 I saw online were about 180

Someone here should get a Lynx 12 and really put it through its paces, because I wanna see what it's good for, if it's an acceptable substitute for Saiga 12s, or, if it's an acceptable substitute with a little bit of work, at least.

Different user, I read an article in a gun magazine, don't know which brand, but they said they had repeated failures to extract and eject, and it tore up the shells also. Might want to wait till the bugs get fixed.

Well what is your ceiling for spending? And do you want a stand alone rig, or something you can clip onto a plate carrier later on if you decide to get one?

I'm trading a c93 to a friend for one and a colt police positive revolver

Bad trade IMHO. maybe worth if it was an OPAP, or if theres something wrong with the c93 or something.

Lazutchik or Lazutchik-M

pretty sure your confusing the cheetah with the lynx, the lynx has a side rail and gas regulator. looks pretty gud for a fiver famalam.
going to get a Norinco type 56 this year or the cheetah, got that yeller fever. 106 is coming early '19 for me.
maybe, maybe not. I'd use the gas regulator and try my luck with high brass. never owned a shot-gat so this would be a first for me anyways.
as long as she squats on my dick she's fine.
>dem cubano legs got flex mane
>kegels goat exercise fer femanons
pic related->
>it has begun /akg/
>what have I created

Attached: IMG_2518.jpg (4608x3456, 2.65M)

I really don't care for the c93 I got it really cheap a year ago and I've only shot it 3 times

I'd probably not like to spend much more than 100 honestly, I only have 5 magazines (so 1 in the rifle 4 in pouches) and i have no intention of getting into real body armor/plates

chicom /b/rother

Attached: IMG_2383.jpg (2592x1936, 1.39M)

if you could only choose to have 1 muzzle device, which would it be and why?

Attached: rev up those gas chambers.png (738x550, 416K)

I want a JMAC RRD4 slim but I can never find one in stock. :[

amazon.com/dp/B01LX8VJF0/?tag=thegunzone-20
like this brother?

>the most minimalist and aestethic chest rig is also the most overpriced and most inflated
Hurts me every day

F
The only commie we accept

what about this? amazon.com/dp/B005G0FADG/ref=twister_B005OIBYQM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Slant or AK74 brake

>slant
opinion discarded, plenty of other brakes out there that do more

thanks man

What about this?
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005MR3IVO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1530132302&sr=8-1&keywords=55gallon lube&dpPl=1&dpID=41+5DXOl9zL&ref=plSrch

this, fuck slants

seems a bit excessive

So if NPAPs aren’t being imported, what’s the next best shit-tier AK worth getting? (Or at this point is it just cheaper to build a parts kit AK?)

wasr is superior to pap and is still available (for now)

My unissued Russian AKM furniture just came in from ak builder.

Is it a e s t h e t i c?

Attached: A6732109-942D-4B87-9A28-95E366096A48.jpg (1820x2048, 940K)

Nope, AK-101

This

What are you putting it on?

whoops
yes, like that

reminds me of some of the stuff I've got, but I don't think mine is from russia

Attached: DSCN1297.jpg (2592x1944, 1M)

Daily reminder that the slr 106fr is an ak-101 made by the Romanians with an ak47m bolt and bolt carrier

Attached: 20180228_112043.jpg (4160x2340, 2.36M)

>ak47m
??

really??? >_<
>inb4 believing an user
playing both sides I see jewboi

SLR-106FR

Attached: 20170820_171251-01-999x666.jpg (999x666, 349K)

>he doesn't know about the ak-47m

Attached: 1529975570360.jpg (1200x999, 55K)

I didn't say it was a good brake

post dinner /akg/
>my whole house smells like pork product
>mudslimes have evacuates area code
>cops are knocking on my door
>they want a slice
>what do anons
>what have I created anyways
20 shekels for the goyim that guesses whats wrapped in ba/k/on

Attached: IMG_2543.jpg (4608x3456, 2.85M)

>made by the Romanians
>ak47m

Attached: wut2.gif (360x225, 1.71M)

AK101 is for commies

A generic western style birdcage hider, mainly because I just like that aesthetic a lot.

>launched in 1995
>in 5.56mm
>commie

Attached: image_42149.jpg (2225x2460, 527K)

>he doesn't get /akg/ memes
Later tater

Slant brakes are acceptable on classic style AKM(S) builds, for authenticity purposes.

Attached: AKM 7.62x39mm.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)