ATF to Force Confiscation of Bump Stocks

federalregister.gov/documents/2018/03/29/2018-06292/bump-stock-type-devices

archive.is/rZpBV
Please include these in your comment:
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), Department of Justice.

Docket Number ATF 2017R-22

Attached: NAME THE YEW.jpg (1682x658, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pennlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/06/legislation_passes_three_more.html
federalregister.gov/documents/2018/03/29/2018-06292/bump-stock-type-devices
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, I don't think this threatened confiscation is going to turn out well...

Attached: 1530127522016.jpg (554x554, 144K)

It makes me so mad that they pretend this is a “clarification” when they are in fact directly contradicting numerous previous decisions due to pressure from Trump and the public.

People are getting too complacent under Trump, and don't realize he's another neocon gun-control bomb waiting to happen just like Reagan. People were ready to go to civil war when Obama was trying to pass an AWB, and it's 4d chess when Trump caves in after 2 seconds. Still better than a killary Federal AWB, but people underestimate this former Jew York democrat.

We need to remind him that his base are ONE ISSUE VOTERS.

You need to read that shit. ATF may ban any rate increasing after market triggers.
Imagine all AR15 triggers not stock, instantly banned.

I smell a happening brewing.
One can only hope

Kennedy on his way out
he's been good to us on guns
Ginsburg when?

Except people that vote republican are only like 10-20% one-issue "muh guns" voters. There are a fuckload of old retarded fudds in this party that would be fine with an AWB.

Still, any major gun control will be a death blow to his reelection.

No self respecting marksman or enthusiast wants anything to do with bump stocks. They appeal to the sort of people who put zombie response team stickers on their cars and buy lime green Bowie knives; people who just want to "tear shit up". Bump stock owners are classless twits with poor taste that need to go find a different hobby. They clearly violate the NFA. If you want to repeal the NFA, fine, I don't care but that's a different argument.
Bump stocks are lame.

this should be fun to watch. I don't personally own any but if they start going door to door confiscating plastic parts, people are gonna die.

if anything the retarded bump stocks at vegas saved lives. but yes, lets ban them. rip 2a

This is bait fellas. don't fall for it. He gets off on (You)'s

Attached: 1493922211091.jpg (308x308, 26K)

Attached: 1520459171037.gif (625x626, 1.16M)

>everything I don't like is bait
no you just suck and you're dumb

Social media is also lame. Doesn't mean it should be restricted. If you dont like protecting your rights I've heard suicide is fun

Its REALLY fuckin bad

pennlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/06/legislation_passes_three_more.html

>don't own a bump stock
>will never experience the satisfaction of braining an ATF agent that tries to take a fucking stock away from me
I doubt they'll try.

Attached: 1500248726312.jpg (245x245, 12K)

MAGA!

>open a comment period
>don't take any of the comments into consideration

>elect a guy to defend gun rights
>actively shits on gun rights
>conservitards actually vote for this guy and defend him, vehemently

>federalregister.gov/documents/2018/03/29/2018-06292/bump-stock-type-devices
Article from the end of March.
Old news. Nothing's happened or probably will.

Civil war confirmed by TRIPS

" Specifically, these devices convert an otherwise semiautomatic firearm into a machinegun by functioning as a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism that harnesses the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm in a manner that allows the trigger to reset and continue firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter. "

That's clearly not what's written in the proposed rule.

Unironically end your life

oy vey

Attached: file.png (299x385, 234K)

To be fair, I support full auto weapons being legal more than bump stocks. At least full autos have a valid use if you were fighting a tyrannical government or a foreign invader. Because bump stocks drastically reduce your accuracy, their only real practical purposes is shooting into crowds, like the sick fuck out in Vegas.

Ban them I say.

on the internet, nobody can tell that you're a thinly veiled shill

As a former Trump supporter, I gotta say this shit wouldn't be happening with Hillary. His presidency has gone from a laughable joke to a full blown fascist nightmare.

cringe
based

>i mean, i support the 2nd amendment as much as anybody BUT...
Yea, no, you're pretty transparent.

shareblue, git.

What are you even talking about?

Are you gonna actually refute me?

Bump stocks have no legal and practical purpose other than fun, and they're ideal for crowdshooting.

I get being a 2a absolutist, but fuck man.

Every enthusiast shooter does shooting for fun with what ever guns and accessories to choose because they're fun. A device doesn't need an application to be legal or fun or anything. Anything is ideal for crowd shooting and despite having a bump stock and shooting some 1100 rounds, he only killed what? 60 people? Timothy Mcveigh killed tons more without the use of guns at all.

You're a fucking fudd trying to reason with the unreasonable.

I think what I'm trying to say is Republicans would be unified in standing against gun control if Hillary were president instead of pussyfooting around while trump rolls over to pressure from the left.

The former could actually lead to better outcomes for gun rights.

Nah git out.

Attached: 1528910550828.png (708x602, 55K)

>trust me guys, im one of you and totally voted R BUT...
>HILLARY WOULD SUPPORT THE 2N AMENDMENT MORE THAN DRUMPF!
>FASCIST NAZI PIGFUCKER
It's pretty much the same argument, just with words substituted.

>no legal purpose
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>practical purpose
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

How the fuck big of a caliber do I have to use before it gets through your thick skull?
There is n o r e a s o n whatsoever to encourage a ban on firearms and firearms accessories. Ever.

>I'm
I meant he's. I don't normally bother to play devils advocate like this

Nice spacing of your words retard. Go back to the shit hole you came from.

i un-ironically agree
bump-stocks are stupid and shouldn't exist...
BECAUSE full auto should be full legal
bump stocks shouldn't need to exist, they should have never been invented and if full auto wasn't illegal it wouldn't have been invented

but did you see Trump gets to appoint at least one more justice
when the fuck is Ginsburg gonna quit/die?

maybe then we can actually take 2A cases and repeal the NFA
>honestly, i'd be happy with just the huges amendment going away

if i had the power i would attach a repealation of the huges amendment to every bill
poison pill the fuck out of every democratic policy

And who would she have appointed and be about to appoint to the supreme court?

>when the fuck is Ginsburg gonna quit/die?
They're basically feeding her liquefied embryos to keep her alive these days.

>Only the deadliest mass shooting in our lifetimes

Legalize full autos, suppressors, explosives, I don't care, I'm all for it. But you have to be clinically retarded to not realize why practical weapons that could be used in a war, or self defense should be legal, and impractical weapons that are only dangerous to concentrated crowds should be restricted.

Attached: 1528858485266.gif (500x500, 2.41M)

>HILLARY WOULD SUPPORT THE 2N AMENDMENT MORE THAN DRUMPF!
I don't think that's what he was implying. No retards who care about their precious (R) would go along with Hillary's bullshit but, because of that letter next to Trump's name, they will.

Who cares how deadly a mass shooting was, they're rare as fuck and are statistically irrelevant

>impractical weapons abloobloobloo
Why do you hate capitalism so much?
Why can't you just let the free market sort itself out?
Why do you instantly resort to regulation whenever something you don't like shows up?

You've been poisoned.

Attached: 1517189330181.jpg (392x309, 141K)

Shariah blue is hot a
Nd heavy

Now you're keeping it 100000

I'll agree with you there, but that being said, I still have no qualms restricting bumpstocks because they have no good potential benefit. I won't sacrifice liberty for security, but I will sacrifice retarded redneck fun every now and then.

>Vote for Hillary
Fuck off shareblue.

>I won't sacrifice liberty for security,
Except you are, dipshit. Kill yourself.

>impractical weapons that are only dangerous to concentrated crowds should be restricted.
Bump stock is not a weapon.
It's a mechanical device.
If you ban the mechanical device, do you see how easy it is to get another mechanical device banned?
First it's bump stocks. No one gives a shit about them, they're shit, and no one uses them. Then it's two-stage triggers. Then it's fucking foregrips. Then it's sights.
Fuck, dude, how are you so dense? You don't give up anything because you're not getting anything in return. Fucking Jow Forumsing the comic about the gun rights and the cake.

>Who cares how deadly a mass shooting was
You should, because its all anti-gunners have to lure moderates, because they dont care about inner city crime. Get rid of mass shootings (or atleast drastically reduce them) and the anti-gunner movement is dead.

Those are some spicy assumptions there friend. I voted Johnson, and next election I'm voting Trump because lolbertarian turbospergs like you give the ideology a bad name.

>spicy assumptions
Clearly I'm not assuming anything, because your statist ass wants to ban [a product], [because you don't like it] and for literally no other reason.

>everyone who disagrees is a retarded redneck
banning bump stocks is basically useless anyway since building one yourself is comically easy and you can bump fire without one anyway. it's a feel-good measure pushed by people who want to look like they're being "tough on crime" without doing anything. the only thing it would do is confuse the definition of machinegun and piss off gun owners.

>Get rid of mass shootings
Easy peasy. Remove the undesirables that make our society non-homegenous and more importantly. Persecute drug companies that cover up the anti depressant statistics that every "mass shooting" has had.
And then execute the drug company CEOs for their treasonous behaviors.

Attached: 20180621_235206.jpg (2148x2194, 2.2M)

>unconstitutional federal agencies full of unelected kikes and welfare niggers actually caring about the opinions of us little people

Attached: 1520823194750.jpg (317x267, 23K)

>That's clearly not what's written in the proposed rule.
because that's stopped them before

Attached: 20180621_235143.jpg (2717x2272, 2.7M)

I guess I should have phrased that differently. I'm willing to sacrifice MY redneck fun for security.

This is the only good argument so far this thread. I would contend that bump firing from a bipod prone like the Vegas shooter did would be impossible without the sliding stock however.

Ok except now present a solution thats realistic.

Attached: Gun_Control_Intensifying.gif (341x376, 1.81M)

Stop immortalizing copycat criminals in the media.

Weapons are for killing

weapons are for killing..not fun.

weapons are needed so that in the event that this government or some other government attempts to take my rights...I can have the option to make them think twice.

Plain and simple.

fun is a bi-product.

The 2ndA is not about FUN

Every problem is a people problem.

Create social programs designed to make people aware of the value of actually communicating with one another.
If you go out of your way to tell a person you don't like what you don't like about them, and how they can change for the better, maybe they fuckin' will.
The same social programs should attempt to reduce the stigma of visiting mental health professionals.

The Second Amendment is about a person's individual right to self preservation using weapons, not about the weapons themselves. A weapon that doesn't have a defensive purpose in literally any scenario has no protections as far as I'm concerned. The right of the people to defend themselves against threats foreign and domestic is unaffected by a ban on bump stocks.

It's like you don't actually care about self preservation, and you're just a sith that deals in absolutes.

Except that bump stocks are the most useless anti government weapon ever, and they happen to be useful for shooting into crowds.

Imagine being such a grabber that when .0000001% of a population is effected by something you ban it.
What's next, pistol grips? HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES?
MUZZLE DEVICES? Those sounds scary, right and you dont need them for your huntan' raffle right?
Lets just make semi automatic rifles(87%+ of the owned weapons in the us) illegal! SURELY WE CAN literally STRIP PEOPLE OF THEIR RIGHTS.

Still not fooling any shariablue

Yeah, scopes don't have any defensive purpose. They should have no protection as far as I'm concerned. Also we should ban ammunition, I mean who uses small metal casing filled with gunpowder to protect themselves right?! Let's ban those too!
Your statement is inherently flawed considering you say individuals have a right to self preservation using weapons, not the weapons themselves. But if you ban the weapons, how does the individual have the means to protect themselves using said weapons?
kys.

I work in a pawn shop, and I can assure you that semi auto rifles are 20% of the rifles owned, at best. There's a ridiculous number of Remington 788s and Savage Axis out there.