How i do this?

Hello Jow Forums i think this is the best place to ask about this
im trying to make an anime weapon but a have no idea how the cartridge system work

my.mixtape.moe/ghkdje.webm

theres any weapon with a vertical load system that i could use as guide?

Attached: load cartridge (1).webm (952x720, 628K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NZX7X3pJgH8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine_(firearms)#Tubular
youtu.be/Q9-1Ds-Y7Z8
youtube.com/watch?v=eYcR1weFNDo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"Vertical load" as in the firearm feeds from a magazine on top as apposed to the bottom?

youtube.com/watch?v=NZX7X3pJgH8

Watch this series.

Just make a gun for Giants, or humanoid dragons.

that was a complete mistake, i tried to say a weapon feed by the back, like one bullet behind the other

Attached: descarga (2).jpg (934x200, 30K)

Oh, so like a tubular magazine. Most pump-action shotguns and lever-action rifles use them.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine_(firearms)#Tubular
youtu.be/Q9-1Ds-Y7Z8

Attached: tubemag.jpg (474x378, 26K)

how do tubular magazines not result in slamfire/chainfire/whatever the term is for one bullet setting off the primer of the one in front?

The force required to push bullets is nowhere near the force required to puncture the primer and set off the igniting agent inside the cartridge. A light spring pushes the bullets back safely, where they get raised into the top barrel, hit very hard with a pointy hammer.

Yes exactly like that, this helps a lot

In centerfire cartridges there's usually not enough pressure on the primer from the rearward cartridge. Primers have to be struck with quite a (relatively) significant force for them to detonate. In shotguns this isn't an issue because shells are flat at the neck. In early tube-magazine rifles (late 1800s), they were "rimfire", meaning the primer was in the rim of the casing, not the center, so there was no pressure from the rearward cartridge on the primer to begin with.
Granted, if you drop a fully-loaded tube mag it could potentially go off.

The primer requires quite a dent in order to go off, you underestimate the stability of ammunition.
Although, a lot of lever actions are able to slamfire, but not from the tube magazine

Theres any place where i can look how to make a centerfire one?
Im a complete newfag on weapons

It takes quite a bit to get a primer to work
Just chambering a round in my AR causes a dimple at the back of the primer

Attached: wn3K4pJ.jpg (1911x2048, 757K)

Are you saying you want to MAKE a weapon? You do realize that gunsmithing/engineering is a profession for a reason, right?

What previous anons said, plus most cartridges designed for use in tube mags have a flat nose on the bullet

>Are you saying you want to MAKE a weapon?
NO, im trying to make a paperboard model of an anime sword, i just need to figure out how to make that mechanism work

Attached: load cartridge (2).webm (952x720, 323K)

THAT's what you want to do? ffs just put a fucking pvc pipe in the hilt and cut two square slots in it

If you're looking to replicate that weapon in particular, that sort of looks like a pump action

I guess look at this and try to replicate it:
youtube.com/watch?v=eYcR1weFNDo

Thanks, that gives a great view of the interior of the weapon, ill try to replicate that but with a centerfire tubular

It's the exact same mechanism in a centerfire.

Are you trying to make laevatein that can actually eject cartridges? What kind of experience with prop making do you have?

>laevatein that can actually eject cartridges?
And also Schlangeform
Already did bardiche with load and hacken form and Lightning gunblade years ago

>And also Schlangeform
I want to see that if you actually manage it.