Where's the best place to get some kevlar? Is there anything else (besides guns) I should consider getting, as well...

Where's the best place to get some kevlar? Is there anything else (besides guns) I should consider getting, as well, for the inevitable happening?

Attached: [email protected] (500x500, 29K)

Food, water, medicines
We have like 2-3 prepper threads floating around at any given time, most of them will have a basic list of sorts for shtf

AR500

faggot, body armor is an absolute waste of armor for shtf

>kevlar
easy enough for anyone with a shotgun and hardened steel slugs to punch through. you need to watch more taofledermaus

>implying normies would go through the trouble of making AP shotgun slugs.

A cyanide capsule, since in the event of the apocalypse, all of you will quickly realize..."what am I actually surviving for?"

>so I can masturbate more
You ain’t thinkin’ ahead sonny.

Ah yes, the average person with a shotgun will be carrying around loads of slugs when the world ends.
Stop acting like just because it's possible, that it's suddenly the norm

Literally the most basic necessities. If anything, weapons and self defense should come second or third.

First is clean water. Have not only a large supply, but methods to purify water that you come across. Lack of drinking water will undoubtedly be the very first thing that kills you. Long before starvation or a raider will.

Assuming food and medical is already covered, buy documentation. All of them. Topography maps, road maps, etc. Even try to find a list/guide of local fauna/flora. It will help you scavenge for edible food, track animal paths and breeding grounds, etc.

Sort of related to OP's question, but any decent but inexpensive flak jackets out there? Caught some shrapnel to the chest at an indoor range from a .303 round impacting the metal device that holds the targets down range. Wound wasn't that deep but it bled a lot.

If it happened once it can happen again.

/thread

Bullet proof me . M o c

Kevlar fibers weaken over time and have an expiration date, get a plate carrier so your investment doesnt go to waste after a few years of sitting in your closet

Plates with extra spalling would be better, but kevlar is better on weight. Also note kevlar does have a shelf life so you have to buy again later, I get mine at Bulletsafe.com pretty solid pricing.
Supplies can be done for cheap if you also consider you need to cook and clean with no power or running water.
Start with a 72 hour bag, and then tweak it into a bug out bag. In my trunk is also a mylar blankets, compressed warm weather sleeping bag with air pad. Then I toss in a tent. 2 small cargo bags 1 winter and 1 summer complete set of clothes.
Wet wipes, for hands and face. The other type for your butt. Trust me on this. You want them.

Attached: bulletsafe-bulletproof-vest-1-661x496.jpg (661x496, 21K)

Fair point.

>Ah yes, the average person with a shotgun will be carrying around loads of slugs when the world ends.
HURR DURR WHAT'S A TREE OH EIGHT
Op get a plate and a carrier.

>for the inevitable happening?

what inevitable happening and why did no one tell me because I've got every form of usless shit imaginable as toys

cartridge revolvers
centre fire semi auto handguns
rimfire handguns
rimfire rifles
semi shotguns
nbc suit
decontamination gear
Geiger counter
a fuck ton of Kevlar
]ceramic plates
radios with throat mikes
tents, sleeping bags, bivis, tarps, bashas, bungees
climbing harnesses
IAFKs
field surgery kits
medical manuals
water tanks
12 months of dehydrated foots
solar panels
genrators
bow, crossbows, torches matteries, night vision, thermal vision, 12 month supply of butane gas
12 month supply of heating oil
1 ton pallet of bundeswehr flectarn uniforms and gear
black powder making ingredients
primer ingredients
reloading prses, lead bullet moulds
solar powered ccty, dogs, horses, cattle
knives, axes, earthmovers, fortified home, ham, well, hydroponics, greenhousing, ir laser perimeters, underground shelter, safe room entrance to it, paraffin heaters, wood burners, chainsaws, band saws, carpentry, metalwork and abattoir vintage tools, leatherworking bench, scopes, lbes, plate carriers, red dot sights silencers, percussion revolvers, rifles, shotguns, flintlock shotguns, handguns and muskets, bayonets, scrim, iir facepaint, hex stokes, alcohol stoves 5000 cigarettes, heritage seeds, marijuana seeds, tobacco seeds, opium seeds, seed potato and wheat, fertiliser, cement, sheet metal, angle grinders, shop press, 4x4, scramble, electric boost push bike, barbed wire, fence posts small carp pond, aviary, plough, harrow, fertiliser spreader, silencers, spare mags, ammo, secateurs, sheers, files, nails, bolts, wire, soldering irons, pir sensors, aluminium convection smelter, wax, antibiotic, Bollinger chest seals, IV kits, suture sets, surgical staplers, rucksacks, mess tin sets, binoculars, spotting scopes, drones, earth battery, solar heated piping, predesignated killzones/funnels/falsecover, escape tunnel, machettes etc

I have a lot of slugs and will be considering this when things go to shit
thanks Jow Forums

So seems like no one else in this thread actually owns kevlar so I'll help you out. Bulletproofme is a good start. Good custom cut stuff is going to cost you a fair bit but flak style stuff isn't so bad.

Attached: 20140818_205340.jpg (1371x1711, 407K)

still, condenser, vitamin tablets, knife sharpeners, folding knives, swords, spears, fishing rods, bird nets, helmets, a library, media server, board games, 20 bottles of whiskey and brandy 100 bottles of wine, green, red and ir gun lasers, kestrels, rangefinders, wind turbine, led lighting, marine batteries, quickclot, earth mover, welder, Asian and blonde gf, tumbler, ariel and satellite dish, pesticides, sprayer, grass cutter, bailer, twine, dehydrator, canning facilities, salt, sugar, olive oil, fishing line, climbing rope, paracord, electric fencing, small hyro dam and 24 volt turbine, directional microphone, 4 ons two daughters all who know how to shoot, ballitic glasses, hatchets, tomahawks, kukris, switchblades, balisons, brass knuckles, tasers, pepperspray, tomato plants, kites, helium and nitrogen gas tanks, oxygen bottles, scubs gear, air rifles, and a tin opener.

You can all come and live with me and make a thriving expansionist feudal kingdom..

OP here.

Am thinking of this, but am hesitant to go for a brand name - seems like you are overpaying if you don't go to a cheaper, less flashy source.

$310

Attached: Capture.jpg (443x444, 51K)

>So seems like no one else in this thread actually owns kevlar so I'll help you out. Bulletproofme is a good start. Good custom cut stuff is going to cost you a fair bit but flak style stuff isn't so bad.

No I really do. Loads if it, german, American, british mainly

best
US IOTV inserts
Cheapest doubled up german flack vest inserts
Rare meher ceramic coated Kevlar liners
choose. I never liked front opening though. DESU there is not much difference between any of it when it is at 30 layers

BTW, anyone else decorate their plate carriers other than the punisher? I am thinking of stenciling this design on the back (on top of everything)

I will be painting our gazebo and I will use some spare white paint and the roller to decorate my tan plate carrier. Give that messy look.

Attached: 61K8icc4EjL._SX425_.jpg (425x319, 18K)

o no...no.

That.. is surprising

why..is..that...suprising.

Toilet paper. You have no idea how bad life is without toilet paper.

U might as well throw it down the driveway, nerd.

Try exercise, I guarantee after 6 months of living outdoors you'll have authentic sweat and wear marks.

That picture isn't kevlar.

Attached: 1515014785318.jpg (500x524, 51K)

Also armor- Spartan armor systems always has a worth it sale item. Great deals on full 500/550/650 bundles (plate carrier / front / back / sides / trauma pads) around the holidays. My last set was produced after I ordered it they shit so fresh

Because...I...would...think...more...people...wouldve...dont...it.

fag

Safe Life Defense makes good stuff and its not all that expensive. They were my second and final evolution after starting out with RMA defense L4 ceramic plates.

Attached: AR-BDC 2, Strike Eagle 1-8x, Vortex.png (2000x2000, 149K)

boi pussy isn't gonna rape itself user!

Attached: 1520649585760.gif (499x499, 1.5M)

>Ah yes, the average person with a shotgun will be carrying around loads of slugs when the world ends

just score the case at the bottom of the shot cup user, insta slug, see everyone has slugs.

>"what am I actually surviving for?"

because I can finally get into cannibalism and farming humans without stigma

I have a 50 rd Bandolier with 20 #00, 20 slugs and 10 bird. This is in the trunk of my car with a shotgun in a locked case. Granted it is discount ammo from Winchester, but I got cleaning items in same case.