What gun is the ultimate pleb filter?

As in, what gun is never owned or appreciated by a fudd*/noguns/edgelord/underage/boy_of_soy, etc? What gun takes a true love of firearms and considerable experience with them to appreciate?

*by this I mean a true fudd, as in somebody who is anti-gun except for hunting and shotgun sports, not somebody who just likes wood and steel.

I submit the Walther P5. You have to be pretty into firearms to even know it exists and it is supremely aesthetic. Honorably mention goes to the Baby Browning.

Attached: yUb9LzJ.jpg (1000x667, 226K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mateba-italy.com/en/Revolvers/MATEBA-ITALIA/Auto-Revolver-mod-6Unica-cal-357-Mag-/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Firestar

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 282K)

>Nice desert eagle

MK 23

Absolutely not.

it falls into the noguns/edgelord/underage category thanks to Metal Gear Solid.

>Official gun of guys who liked it in CoD

Normie tier trash is not allowed in this thread.

I would say the term you're looking for is connoisseur's pistol, but based on the rest of the post I think you mean hipster gun

>TFW you already shot a P7 but will probably never own any guns thanks to retarded laws

Hi-point

Attached: hipoint.jpg (224x224, 4K)

Nope. Hipster tier guns are slightly obscure but relatively accessible and, in fact, popular. A lot of CZ's and cheap milsurps fall into this category.

Using the /mu/ definition of a pleb filter, the gun must be
>off-putting in some way to people with mundane tastes
>truly excellent but can only be appreciated by those with a refined palette.

The Ruger No. 1 falls into this category, IMO. It's single shot and not that accurate for the price, but those who know appreciate it for its extreme action strength, allowing it to be used for hand-loading load development.

>What gun takes a true love of firearms and considerable experience with them to appreciate?
Flintlocks in general and longrifles in particular. Most people don't have the patience to make an entire range trip out of them or learn the most accurate load combination out of their rifle. There are so many different "schools" of longrifles to learn about and appreciate from rather plain southern mountain schools and schimmel guns to the more extravagant pennsylvania rifles.

Attached: Buxton_Secluded_Pool.jpg (526x700, 194K)

>I want to be a special snowflake: the thread

enjoy your glock 17's and mayonnaise sandwiches, user

So, what, just the gun with the least amount of negative connotations associated with it?

Garand, now fuck off.

>Garand
>Term for getting a body part mashed in the mechanism named after it
Nah

Most precision rifles and precision rifle shooting in general is a pleb filter. It takes a lot of time, quality practice, investment, and knowledge to develop good precision shooting skills, and the shooting you do end up doing is often repetitive, boring, and tedious. At the same time, it can be incredibly satisfying, and the skill ceiling is very high.

The problem there is that CZs still aren't hipster guns and never have been, never will be

which CoD is the Mk 23 in?

When you get to the point where it's more like competitive loading than competitive shooting it's pretty pleb filtered. Normies always want le suber ebic snippor rifle but get glassy eyed the moment you start talking about bullet weights and burn rates.

The hipster says, because if hipsters admit something is hipster, owning it isn't cool anymore.

I work at a gun store and there are two kinds of CZ pistol buyers:
>IDPA/IPSC shooters buying the Czechmate/Tactical Sport series guns for competition use
>Hipsters buying the $500-$700 models for defense and carry.

I don't mean CZoy-boys as in the meme Jow Forums is trying to force, plenty of them are good right wing dudes, but they're hipsters all the same. They dress like them, have artistic tattoos, and drive hipster cars. The most recent guy I sold a CZ-75B to rolled up in a turbo-charged Karmann-Ghia, lifted, with a roof rack sporting a shovel and pick-axe, all painted in French national rally team colors. He runs a fucking artisanal cigar shop up the road. Total hipster.

Just get a SIG

Attached: A5C0430A-0337-46BF-BBC5-0865BE69B590.jpg (1024x746, 84K)

Wrong Sig. It would have to be a P-210.

I'll nominate the Remington-Keene rifle
>tube magazine
>bolt action
>external hammer
>45-70
It's a cluster fuck of 19th century rifle technology that only an enthusiast could appreciate. Its ugly and beautiful at the same time

Attached: FLA-3028-Product.jpg (700x379, 202K)

A store near me just put one up for sale and I was looking into it. Are they good guns?

Whaaa...?
That is neato. I learn something every day.

me likey

Mk 23 can’t actually fall into that category, considering its price is too high for any underage/edgelord/normie

>Edgelords/turbovirgins
>Not having extra money because they don't spend any on bitches
>Not raking in neetbux while also supported by their parents
>Not blowing their money on a single retarded purchase and then having no money for ammo or training

Easy answer but not a specific gun so maybe OT.

Anyone you see at the range doing accurate rapid fire DA with a revolver. To get to the point you can do this takes a lot of work that not many commit to. Bonus points for the pro doing it with a snubbie.

>revolver
>but it's also semi-auto
>in .357 .44 and 45-70
>A E S T H E T I C

Attached: fug chippa.png (400x400, 192K)

In my collection I would submit the AMT Automag III.

>stainless steel
>long slide 1911 clone
>chambered in .30 Carbine
>odd looking
>muzzle flash the size of a basketball

It's for all purposes a meme gun, but the features make it fun to plink with and start conversations. As soon as I saw it shot .30 Carbine I knew it was going home with me.

Attached: amt.jpg (2329x1261, 1.05M)

it's like a long, deagle 1911.
nice.

>Anime gun
>Pleb filter

Choose

I would say that the automag in .44 AMP, having reloading equipment and knowledge to even fire the damn thing since even the brass is a bitch to find. probably one step above would be a gyrojet because you cant even reload that shit and the ammo goes for around $100 a round

more smith 39 then 1911, linkless browning design.

>As in, what gun is never owned or appreciated by a fudd*/noguns/edgelord/underage/boy_of_soy, etc?

snider
>What gun takes a true love of firearms and considerable experience with them to appreciate?

enfield 1858 naval

>one of the most aesthetic pistols ever
>only made a handful
why

I'll toss this hat into the ring

The early S&W semi-autos (39/569/5906, etc)

In a time of modern guns which weigh less and hold more, they don't make a ton of sense. They're not very common, although not exactly rare like a Luger. Unless you were of shooting age when they were more popular you wouldn't be likely to be familiar with them, fudds wouldn't like it cause hurr durr. Yet I've heard they're very nice guns to shoot (never held, or even seen one in real life, and I'm 30)

Attached: sw5906.jpg (600x328, 34K)

I say this as a dude whose wardrobe is 90% flannel, listens to Neutral Milk Hotel and drives an early 90's Volvo station wagon: hipsters love CZ. Which is fine, that doesn't mean CZ is *only* for hipsters, they're top tier guns fit for practical use and have been for a very long time. But the CZ 75 is a hipster darling- it's hammer fired unlike that modern generic striker garbage, isn't a too-mainstream Beretta 92 (the starting handgun in every kill 'em up game ever made), is aesthetic as all hell, and comes from a country with a fun name that nobody in the US knows anything at all about.

And beyond that, they make or have made a solid alternative in basically every niche for the person who doesn't want the thing everyone else has. Want a Glock that isn't a Glock? CZ. Want a SCAR that isn't a SCAR? CZ. Want a Makarov that isn't a Makarov? CZ. Their quality is high enough that it can definitely be argued those guns are better than whatever they're an alternative to, but that's not really why a lot of people buy them.

I think a fren of mine's dad has one.

Agreed. Pre-M&P/SMEGMA Smith and Wesson semi-autos are a true patrician's choice.

pic related

Attached: Smith_&_Wesson_Model_39.jpg (554x404, 140K)

>Implying weebs can afford it

The S&W Model 52 is the peak of this
>considered the most accurate semi-auto ever produced in the USA by a big name gun firm
>built by hand by the S&W custom shop’s finest craftsmen
>can fire only .38 Special full wadcutter, extremely finicky about powder charge and bullet weight, has to be handloaded for
>five round magazine capacity means it’s literally worse than a revolver of equal size...
>...except for the fact that it cocks itself after every shot since it’s a SAO semi-auto
>that tiny advantage over revolvers gave it a tiny niche in competition shooting
>had a cult following that kept them in low rate production from 1961 to 1992
>discontinued only because the tooling wore out.

They have to be handled to be appreciated. They are on par with a Korth IMO.

Attached: 164C94AF-46FC-459B-A6A4-2134459BFF4E.jpg (640x480, 63K)

>on par with a Korth
If that's the standard, than the Smith & Wesson Registered Magnum is the real deal.

Attached: Registered Magnum.jpg (600x297, 26K)

The OP states "owned or appreciated." Weebs may never own the Memeteba but they certainly appreciate it, therefore

d r o p p e d.

I'd argue that classic DX revolvers outclasss the registered magnums

It's not really a competition since the Model 52 and the RM were built by, in most cases, literally the same people or in the cases of later Model 52's, guys who apprenticed under them.

Attached: 1767.jpg (1800x1218, 202K)

Colt woodsman, as there are better 22 handguns that are cheaper, the woodsman is less often desired.

Derringer COP for conceal carry.

Attached: 43b42964bea829ab94ec2ba64d443895.jpg (353x294, 13K)

>silence
>no quiet tube
marvel engineer, igor

Attached: pss pss.jpg (1200x800, 300K)

god dammit. this is it. this is what ive been missing all my life.

>spending money on women
Ahaha ok beta

Model 8/81
>Fuck off expensive meme caliber
>Long recoil action
>Single stack internal 5 round magazine
>Stripper clip guide???
>2-piece take-down
>Early 20th century aesthetics
God I love this rifle

The only thing that it checks on the list is Fudd, just because "IT WAS MAH DADDY'S DURR RIFLE" and that's all I can think of. Otherwise they wouldn't so much as touch it due to the ammo price alone.

Attached: IMG_20180526_175338.jpg (1920x1080, 306K)

>spend any on bitches
Oh my sweet summer child, your'e in for a long ride through the friend zone.

Only $20,000 and one can be yours.

>nobody can like it because it was in a game

Attached: korth prs.jpg (800x449, 54K)

These were popular in the 90s before Glocks and SIG Sauer got AR-during-Obama popular.

In Pulp Fiction, Marcellus Wallace pulls one out in the big fight/gay rape scene with Bruce Willis.

In Bad Boys (1995 Martin) Lawrence carried a 4506 as his primary weapon with a 6906 as his spare rod.

Attached: BB_S&W.jpg (1280x688, 124K)

Anything made by Korth.
Slav handguns
Early S&W semi-autos
Norinco pistols
Any weirdo Belgian or French pistol pre-2000s.

my wallet and dick

"Registered Magnum" is the old name for a Model 27. The reason why a true Registered Magnum would be so expensive is because it's a collectible first-edition pistol.

on that note

>"Hand Ejector" = Model 10
>"Target Masterpiece" = Model 14
>"Combat Masterpiece" = Model 15
>"Combat Magnum" = Model 19
>"Registered Magnum" = Model 27
>"Highway Patrolman" = Model 28

Attached: Model_27.jpg (1024x684, 115K)

>Not blowing their money on a single retarded purchase and then having no money for ammo or training
stop being relatable

659 was hell of a thing too.

I would like to buy one, but even with my licence, since I live in a European country, they are nearly impossible to find here (and the import cost the double of the gun), really sad.

Attached: 659.jpg (1440x612, 47K)

I like mine

Attached: Star Firestar Holstered.jpg (4128x2322, 1.74M)

Fair enough, there have been 1000's of handguns and I'm not familiar with all of them.

>I'd argue that classic DX revolvers outclasss the registered magnums

As a owner of a S&W MOD 629-4 Classic DX 8 3/8 I'm going to have agree. Custom hand finished can bring good things but every gun has it's own natural personality (thus handloads to fit your gat). All guns leaving S&W were test fired at the factory and the ones that well exceeded accuracy standards were given the DX (delux) markings. DX has a natual accuracy personality.

Attached: AMT TD.jpg (2576x1920, 1.8M)

>Garand thumb us a real porblem, trus me my grandaddy sayed so

Senpai, are you implying the Meatball was ever chambered in .45-70?

>"Registered Magnum" is the old name for a Model 27
That's kind of reductive. The Registered Magnums were the very first .357 Magnum revolvers and each one was custom built to order by the very best people working at 1930's Smith & Wesson. They're still considered to be the best-made handguns that ever came out of the company and that easily puts them in the running for the finest revolvers ever made. The Model 27 was the mass production version of the same basic design.

yup

my dream gun lately, what a raifu

Attached: ribbed.jpg (1199x527, 158K)

This

Attached: 20180204_213010.jpg (2160x2086, 2.4M)

Attached: tkb022pm_1.jpg (650x354, 29K)

Ruger P Series

Attached: 2mcv9fp.jpg (512x384, 74K)

Buddy's dad was a Vietnam vet/deputy sheriff. He had a matched pair of these that we took to the range once. I kind of chuckled and thought they were quaint at the time, then he let me shoot 'em. Memorably nice.

Totally awesome and underrated guns

>4+1
>45acp
>19oz
>mag fed
>pump action-ish
>dao
>only 6-700 handmade

Attached: SemmerlingLM4.jpg (845x600, 319K)

How can it be a pleb filter if literally no one has even handled one?
Plus, it was like the first gun you could find in MGS4, definitely a vidyagame babby gun.

It was also a piece of shit with an extremely dangerous manual of arms.

But you'd have to look past if for the craftsmanship and creativity when before the smallest back up gun you could get was a j frame or some shit tier mouse gun.
This is a full caliber gun with mouse gun proportions.

Recently found out about it when someone was selling one on armslist near me. Was like 4.5k I think Ian had a video about it when I looked it up. But I'm not a fan his videos seem pretty boring.

Right, I don't disagree, I was just trying to cover all of OPs requirements. Most people who'd walk into a gun store today wouldn't be familiar with them, and of the few who are, not many would choose it over modern options, just based on practicality for price

Except a 4+1 manual action .45 ACP is quite obviously worse than a double action .38 Special J-frame or an actually semi-automatic .25 ACP pocket pistol, which is why it never went anywhere. "Pocket gun in muh fuddy five" is just a novelty.

K31. A solid mauser without the neonazi fanboy edgelord shit of the k98.
If not for the edge I would also throw in the luger.

Attached: K31-profiles-660x264.jpg (660x264, 28K)

pic related

Attached: 4756433.jpg (646x371, 131K)

The K31 is not a Mauser anything.

>mauser
That's not a mauser, user

Attached: xeYzahc.jpg (460x140, 7K)

Greek 1906 Mannlicher-Schoenaur.

>obscure as fuck
>great caliber for its time
>design based on a hodgepodge of the best available designs
>muh rotary magazine
>very high build quality

Cool shit.

Okay, which country's half assed kalashnikov ripoff is this?

fuck me for not paying attention to anything more than kraut model naming. It's still a good gun though.

You uneducated swine, thats a VZ58.

>half assed kalashnikov ripoff
I think you mean better Kalashnikov alternative.

I just tell myself that summer is already 1/3 over.

Of course it's czech. Why are all of their guns hideous and boxy?

Based

I believe it's rare but yes
mateba-italy.com/en/Revolvers/MATEBA-ITALIA/Auto-Revolver-mod-6Unica-cal-357-Mag-/
> .454 Casull/.45 Long Colt

>tfw hipster
>tfw people at gun stores usually don’t like me because I look like a gay pretty boy

Stop the bullying please

that's not 45-70 you nogunz
lurk more

neither of those are .45-70

>enfield 1858 naval

Patrician.

>TFW so accurate you have to be given a handicap at black powder shooting events.

>A solid Mauser

Attached: LsQud2ypIyYrkRTk44eDiwNo-p7xMr8NxMBwUHXipic.png (598x365, 230K)