Talk me out of being a helicopter pilot

Have a chance to change branches (ex-Active Duty infuntry ossifer) I am torn between Aviation in the reserves or NG Special Forces.

Other than "you probably wont make it" on the latter, talk me about the negatives of both.

Attached: size0.jpg (640x425, 73K)

I don't give a shit what you do, Jew pawn.

Helicopters don't feel like they're in control when you fly them. Like fixed wing craft, there's a million and one things that can go wrong. Unlike fixed wing craft, you're generally going to be too low to rely on a parachute. Chances are you'll be on a transport helicopter too, so you're a trucker but in the air.

You better have pristine eye sight

No, after the miles of needless paperwork those few hours in the air are just enough to make it all go away.

Do it. Literally the only job that gives you a direct career after you stop playing rooty tooty point and shooty.

Pls keep in mind btw, I will be doing this for a living. Trying to get MOBCOP/ADOS deployments, etc. then get back to the real world for a few weeks/months, spend some money, then chase orders again.

Attached: 1304042775286.jpg (453x522, 40K)

20/15 breh

Do you even get to choose what to fly? I heard the Army has fixed wing too

Attached: 1434732123065.jpg (960x639, 71K)

Do O3s even fly? (I picked up P status before I left)

I am thinking of going Warrant just so I could fly

Attached: 1373548772769.jpg (479x720, 60K)

Attached: army-military-helicopter-animated-gif-17.gif (400x225, 1.2M)

Attached: cb5fb91683297766af8f357b91174fcf.jpg (800x598, 48K)

yes they do
remember that as a pilot you will continually have to come in to do flight hours so you are pretty much in an AGR position. It won't be just a weekend a month thing.

do it, if you have the chance you dumb mother fucker!

Attached: 1524364545929.webm (400x300, 226K)

>UH60 with a Ma Deuce
Muh dick

I am active going reserves. The thing that appeals to me most about reserves is the ability to volunteer for deployments and assignments as much as I want. I plan to spend as much of the rest of my life downrange as I can. And if I need a break between, I wont be garrissoned in shitty army installations and loaded up with additional duties that make me want to die. I don't have a wifey or mouths to feed so that also matters. But that's my pitch for the Reserves if you also hunger for action. Nasty Girls have a lot less maneuver room and possibilities in that regard.

>literally a combat selfie stick

>is the ability to volunteer for deployments and assignments as much as I want.
Lol, that's hilarious. The retention officer tells you that, but then you'll get to your unit and all of your requests will basically get pocket vetoe'd by your CO because he doesn't want to lose personnel.
>t. did the exact same shit you're doing now

Year or so ago I heard a bit about talk active Army wants NG to hand over all it's attack copters. Not sure about reserves. Troop surge is over, war on terror is over. I'd honestly be surprised if you could even get a deployment being active unless you're an MP, they're already over strength in terms of personnel, or in a logistics role from an unpopular MOS that's needed to maintain a base.

Most of the time yes, during I think advanced flight school students from the top of the class gets to choose which aircraft he wants to pilot amongst whatever is open, there is usually 1 fixed wing slot open it’s basically a transport plane for VIPs and shit, it’s usually the most popular choice, next is apaches, then black hawks and then chinooks. Sometimes the army needs a fuck ton of Apache pilots and the whole class gets to fly apaches, you never know. Needs of the army and all that.

>no image results except this thread
post more pictures of the broad

See OP here, YES! OMG FUCK YES! I have been fucked with on Active duty and NEVER deployed. And I was INFANTRY! MOTHERFUCKING INFANTRY!

NOOOOOPE. There is a MILPER message saying Commanders cant do that shit no more. Unless your unit is already deploying. Its the US Army making the most out of their money. Plus reservists dont usually want to deploy.

I have an MP Officer buddy basically just chasing orders that fits what he wants/qualified for.

Attached: tacticool.jpg (1066x1066, 136K)

Yeah I got that pic from b years ago.

Attached: wow.jpg (500x375, 29K)

fpbp and,
>NG Special Forces
wtf. at least a reserve whirley bird has a useful purpose

if you're in 1/10 ID than you should sit tight instead of reclassing
they'll probably be deployed to afghanistan next year

1. There is no Infantry in the reserves
2. I am done playing in the mud doing jack shit, so its either you get me in the shit (SF or PsyOps) or stop making me do slides

Attached: hnnnnggg.jpg (306x463, 48K)

Attached: 1374350589602.jpg (780x1194, 142K)

OP, if you're still around can you rate my dream Army career path? Shipping out for BCT/OCS in August.

>combat arms branch (hopefully FA or armor) till O-3
>rebranch to FAO as soon as I can
>5 years FAO (I believe that's the minimum)
>go reserves and apply to the foreign service

Will combat arms just be a shitty experience that won't get me anywhere in the Army or is it more of a dice roll? I know everyone says logistics/Intel is the way to go but I'd really like to have some experience in the traditional Army.

You can get a 20k OAF bonus from the reserves at the moment