P226 vs M9

I'm thinking of getting a metal frame 9mm, and I can't decide between the M9 or the P226. What's Jow Forums's opinion on the matter?

Attached: images (7).jpg (271x186, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sportsmansguide.com/product/index/beretta-92d-dao-semi-automatic-9mm-49-barrel-151-rounds-used-police-trade-in
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

out of the 2, 92fs. out of every other option, hk p2000sk.

go to a range that rents them out and try them.
I'd say the 92fs though out of the two.

both are great. M9 is a lot cheaper. the Sig comes with instant dad cred at the range.

the choice is yours.

Enjoy your (((SIG))).

M9 is objectively sexy and brings with it the all the badassery 80's action movies have to offer.

t. just bought an M9. Comes with 3 mags, how dope is that?

But really... I dunno. I like the Beretta, obviously, but also strongly considered the SIG. My decision was mostly made by pricepoint and the fact that I have stupidly huge hands and the M9 is one of the few pistols that feels really comfy for me. And also maybe Die Hard.

I've heard that Sig's quality has gone downhill while Beretta is just Beretta, but without hands-on experience with the 226 I can't really say how accurate that is.

even if Sig quality has gone downhill, it is still superior to half of the shit on the market.

I need a p226 to have comverted up to 960. Dont know why but that concept makes me 200% erect

>if

Attached: 1Y0f5lT.gif (425x232, 2.12M)

If you have the opportunity to get a west germany SIG get it imo.
A Beretta is still a solid choice, even if I don't like them.

Sig's new polymer guns are pure shit.
The metal framed P2XX series is the same as ever.

>local pawn shop has a p226 on sale for 500
>am broke as fuck

Attached: 1345922503478.png (601x695, 5K)

CZ 75

That's how I felt when website had surplus HK USP 45's for sale.

CZ are hot garbage.

>Pointless tripfag has shit opinions

Take a shot everyone.

>Not using the official thot remover of the Supreme Gentleman (PBUH)
>Never gonna make it

Hello söyböy

The west German Sig's are alright but I prefer Berettas still

>I'm thinking of getting a metal frame 9mm

just try both out and then decide on that. which ergos are better for you, which one feels generally better to you when shooting etc.
other than that you could also check out...

CZ 75
Arex Rex Zero

You guys still being retards huh? Guess I'll come back later

>he leaves cuz he cant even take a little banter
Söyböy Söyzee owner confirmed

>CZ 75
Great all around gun. Not sure why people shit on it.

>Arex Rex Zero
A drop safe SIG. Fanboys complain about muh finish.

Are you MAC or do you still these for free?

People shit on the CZ75 because
A) by design slide stops are consumable parts
B) the machining is fucking terrible

Aside from the machining being absolute trash its also for söboy betas

M9 is easier to fire rapidly and should be cheaper
Sig is better in every other way though. but than why not just get the p229

CZs get shit on because they don’t cost as much as a Sig.

92 should not be on your list. Here is why:
Heavy and clunky.
Barrel is loose in the slide.
Safety is right where you pinch the slide to pull back and chamber a round.
At 50' you have to cover the bullseye with the front sight. You cannot adjust the sights where you put the bullseye on top of the front sight, lollypop style.
Forget the Beretta.

>double dubs
Nice.
They are both great guns so try them both and see which one feels good for you. It's going to come down to preference and anyone who tries to argue for one as being objectively better is a moron or a troll.
>Not sure why people shit on it
It got meme'd hard on Jow Forums the past few years to the point people started disparaging it out of contrairian spite and the habit lives on.
This poster should be ignored. Here is why:
Weak ass bitch.
Worries about non-issues.
Repeats things that are only a problem on the internet/can't into slingshot racking a slide.
Likely a homosexual.

CZ75>M92>P226
So M92 for you but would suggest you look at the CZ75, disregard the memes. None of those meme spewing farquads own a CZ

P226 and it's not even close

I own both, I love both, both perform well.

if I had to pick one it would be the p226 for very minor reasons.
-Slightly easier to clean.
-Im not a huge fan of slide safeties, even type G like I have on my m9 & px4 storm compact.
-I really enjoy the SIG SRT trigger, even though its not for everyone.

GET BOTH...sell one in a year if you dont like it.

BHP. You're already paying a premium for metal frame, might as well pay for A E S T H E T I C as well.

Sig p226:
>better grip
>less weight
>less bulky
>doesn't have a locking block that has a service life of 10.000-20.000 rounds at best before it fails
>better location of controls
>better trigger with option to have it even better with the SRT
>better barrel to slide fit so its mechanically more accurate (not by much)

Beretta 92
>Aesthetics
>Cheaper mags
>Cheaper aftermarket
>Aesthetics
>Seems to hold its finish a bit better
>Cheaper

I know what you are going through the ebretta is sexy as fuck... Not gonna lie hard facts its worse than the Sig but if you want want having a sig wont take that away...

Get a taurus 92 and a Sig if price is in question, if its a range toy just get the 92, if its your main, the sig is easier to shoot and handle.

And what do you carry?

Dumb question. Get the M9.

>p2000sk
I agree but just the P2000, not the sk.

Attached: 2016-01-26 09.05.57 1_resized.jpg (2656x1494, 956K)

I just picked up a smoothboi for $350.
sportsmansguide.com/product/index/beretta-92d-dao-semi-automatic-9mm-49-barrel-151-rounds-used-police-trade-in
Today’s SG3477 $15 off code works on it, too.
If I don’t like the DAO it can be converted with a couple parts, but I’ve been practicing a ton with DA revolvers so I’ll probably like it. Either way, won’t have to deal with the 92 slide safety.
Don’t have a P226 but I have a P229. Looks and feels nice but I doesn’t shoot great for me. I’m really slow with it.

>even if Sig quality has gone downhill, it is still superior to half of the shit on the market.
>CZ75 is hot garbage
Don't remember a CZ going off if you drop it on the floor

No, CZ's get shit on because it's getting popular and you need to be contrarian to be popular on here.

Never get a beretta.

Always choose the other option.

Even when it's taurus.

Cz75
Fuck mountain Jews
Fuck pastas

>whynotboth?.jpg

Attached: best of all.jpg (2016x1512, 1.18M)

Never buy the Sig branded mags.

Get the MecGar. They're better, and cost ~$20.

Sig mags are made by MecGar

P229, p228

Get a 280 dollar beretta surplus 92s and a used p226r. For under 1000 youll have both guns.

And there's no reason for the sig branded ones to cost so much.

Have a worse finish.

And fit flush at 15 rounds, when the MecGar ones fit flush with 18 rounds.

So are most double stack mags. Doesn't mean sig branded mags will be identical in performance.

Same for CZ mags, mecgar makes their mags and sell for cheaper.

>fit flush at 15 rounds, when the MecGar ones fit flush with 18 rounds.
well i wont argue this. I have both. but the only ones I ever buy more of are the MecGar 18round flush fits

Except the aesthetics have been ruined due to the rail.

unless it is an older p226 from early 2000 vet the m9. the berretas are cheaper, but just as nice

love me like i love you...

Attached: 1524384496344.png (725x608, 537K)

M9 all day long, they're cheaper and more reliable by every account if you care about unrealistic standards like dunking it in mud and shit.

Even if the price is even I would take a Beretta any day. Even if Sigs weren't overly complex and easily rusted my preference is with the Beretta.

Oh and anyone that says the Beretta is heavier is just a flat out fucking liar. That meme never dies, the Sig P226 and literally every other full size, double stack, metal framed pistol with a barrel length over 4.25" is heavier than the Beretta.

The only reason to not get a Beretta over a P226 is because you have manlet hands.

Attached: M9A3 Black.png (840x558, 267K)

Fuck off CZ faggots. No one asked you for your shit pistol, the choice was between Beretta and Sig.
What is it with you fucks always showing up where you're not wanted?
Your CZ75 is a shit pistol. The ergonomics are bad, the machining is bad, and the shrouded slide has got to be one of the dumbest fucking ideas ever put on a modern handgun.
If no one is asking about CZ, shut the fuck up.

Not a CZ fag and yes, the slide is too small and the pistol is way overrated but I gotta hand it to them that it is pretty comfy.

Otherwise it pales in comparison to a P226, 92FS, 1911, BHP, etc.

whats the consensus on the A3 grip angle?
is it good? better? indeiiferent?
is it supposed to copy the 1911?
how exactly, is it an improvement over the original M9/92FS grip angle?

Glock

>S E E T H I N G

Angle is the same they just removed the heelbump altogether. As a manlet I honestly like the a1 grip better.

>Pales in comparison to a BHP
You had me up until that point.

More like
>Pales in comparison to P226, Beretta, 1911--FUCKING 1911

>whats the consensus on the A3 grip angle?
It's called the "Vertec grip" a la the first Beretta 92 model that had it.
>is it good? better? indeiiferent?
I have big enough hands that my 92FS is fine for me, but having handled the M9A3 a couple of times I would say it's preferable.
>is it supposed to copy the 1911?
I would hazard to guess so, at least in idea. The backstrap hump was an old concept that stuck around forever and is generally considered advantageous for one handed shooting but a straight backstrap is considered advantageous for two-handed shooting which is the modern day pistol shooting doctrine. Notice how no 1911s, outside of purist USGI M1911A1 copies have the humped MSH anymore? The A1 added the hump because back then that was the doctrine: shoot a pistol one-handed.
>how exactly, is it an improvement over the original M9/92FS grip angle?
Like I said, I think it's more comfy. It's personal preference, but I haven't heard anyone that's handled an M9A3 denounce it as being an improvement, regardless of hand size.

>FUCKING 1911
Stay mad, CZ basedboy

Some people genuinely believe that for reasons i disagree with but understand. But to put a BHP over a 75 is objectively false.

I prefer the 92 but the controls on the Sig are better and the trigger is smoother. I don't like the grip on Sigs but I'm left handed. I would get a non-surplus 92 or an AReX Compact in lieu of a new Sig.

Attached: arex c.jpg (600x403, 24K)

interesting. While I am ok with the grips on my old 92, it does feel a little fat.
I'm now thinking an A3 Vertec would aleviate that feel and give me a superior hand hold

How are those? I've seen YouTube vidyas about them but I've never seen one for sale anywhere in person. Just like I wish i would have jumped on the canik tp9s before they went up in price to basically glock prices.

>While I am ok with the grips on my old 92, it does feel a little fat.
Go to a fun store and give it a feel. If the grips are too fat though you can always get thin VZ grips. They cut off only a few MM but it also makes a marked difference in the grip.

Also only handled one but it felt just like a Sig to me and everything I've heard they are just as reliable and shoot just as well. If I were inclined to get a P226 I'd probably get this instead, especially given on again off again shit Sig QC over the past 20 years. Plus they have add in a safety in addition to a decocker/slide release that your standard P226 doesn't have for what it's worth.

One of the first replies said HK and you don't see morons sperging about that do you?

Damn this is pretty.

Attached: p226.jpg (1200x2133, 350K)

Grips look rough as fuck finish wise and all the machined edges look smoothed over like the finish is too thick or the bits were dull. If you told me that gun was 20 years old I would believe it.

BHP is twice as good.

Half as good on It's best day.

That photo really doesnt do those grips any favors.

I have a 229 Elite and those grips were swapped out the day I bought it. The grips look nice, but are not very practical at all.

everything else about the gun is solid.

He said, likely without having shot either. Why don't you explain your position CZoyboi?

The irony and hypocrisy of you posting that after this
2/10 I couldn't resist.
>magazine disconnect safety
>garbage trigger
>zero updates to design despite several manufacturers

berreta quality is better than cz that is for sure.

>Retard grammar
Checks out

>bits were dull
>bits
>dull
You haven't the first fucking clue about machining son.
But you should know that it takes more time and tooling to get smooth and clean radiuses than just leaving the edges like razors.

>looks
>like
Put your glasses on old man.

Thats because its HK fanboys making these posts as well as false flag threads shitting on every other brand.

>machined edges look smoothed over like the finish is too thick or the bits were dull.
Its called dehorning you stupid faggot and every handgun worth a shit should have it done to make them easier to holster/draw.

Never seen dehorned serrations before. Whats the idea behind that?

Style because serrations are aids for useless bitchbois with clammy hands.

HK fans are gud boys
dey din du nuffin!

Dehorning is one of the most popular things people do to slide serrations though.

So it doesn't graze and cut your thumb when you have a high grip.
Also because some people don't like aggressive slide serrations. It's extremely popular for custom 1911s and glocks. Are you one of those people who stipple your grips because your masturbation hand has evolved to secrete lube?

My question remains unanswered.
I've never heard of people demanding dehorned serrations. Bobbed hammers, rounded sights, reduced beavertails make sense. I've never heard of serrations impeding a draw.

>Thumbs cut by thumbs high grip
Again I've never heard that. I use a thumbs high grip myself and have never had this problem. Stippling is for instagram glockbois

Here's some food for though:
The m9 has a slide mounted safety that makes zero sense, it's ergos aren't as comfortable as the sig, the decocker is finnicky in comparison on the m9
The sig has its slide release and decocker very ergonomically placed and has no external safety to hinder the shooter getting from draw to firing quickly
The sig is more comfortable to operate and points more naturally for most shooters
The sig has a lot more to offer for aftermarket grips in general to fit different sized hands

With practice either will be a great handgun for the average joe, but you'll have a lead with the 226 in terms of becoming proficient
Just my .02 having spent a lot of time with both

Attached: Mk25, m9.jpg (650x559, 60K)

here, here. i say old man. too bloody right!

Attached: 1528764862993.jpg (295x528, 30K)

Not even trying, as per usual:
>Removable
>Fixed by removing above
>Doesn't need any + good aftermarket

>Shouldn't exist in the first place
>Shouldn't have to be done, and still has no DA
>Aftermarket solves none of thes inherent design flaws that no manufacturer has adressed.
You havent even adressed how this shitheap with all these issues is better than a 75 that has a good DA/SA trigger, no mag safetey, and over twice the aftermarket.

>I'm a faggot and I love sucking big ol' black penises
Interesting post user.

or get a pt92 and enjoy all the pros of the beretta without the slide mounted safety.

>MeanwhileatTaurus.jpg

Attached: 1523564761125.webm (854x480, 2.92M)

I wouldn't buy one but they're outperforming sig right now.

DA/SA triggers are a design flaw. SA with safety or striker is better.
>All of these design flaws
One design flaw.
And finally: shit tiny slide suitable perhaps for handlets and regular parts breakage.

That's a nice slide you got there.
It would be a shame if something happened to it.

Attached: Untitled-45-630x339[1].jpg (630x339, 14K)

p226
>excellent SA trigger
>simple
>looks nice, lots of high speed folk use it
>ultimate thotslayer, a supreme gentlemans weapon

m92fs
>shit trigger
>bulky as fukk
>used by amerishart armed forces
>literally the most basic bitch steel frame 9mm

If you were a real man you'd get a High Power.

I held an M9A3 the other day. Felt way better in my (on the small side of)large sized hands than I remember the original feeling. I like that it has a rail bc I personally won't be CCW'ing. It will make a good nightstand gun with a light and hopefully a suppressor