Blackjacks???

They're legal to carry in my state, and since I am currently doing a part time bouncing job, I was looking for a very effective, and yet, less lethal option in comparison to my usual CCW (knife/gun).

I just bought one online, a heavy 14oz one (which is pretty much as heavy as they come), and I'll be testing it out on some coconuts to see if it's really the "bone breaker" it's claimed to be. As everyone who has one, claims that it's impact is massive, and that one should personally test it out to truly respect it's capabilities.

I have no doubt that hitting someone with a piece of lead attached to a coil spring handle is effective, but I've heard ex-cops from back in the day, including correctional officers, claim that it "had the power of a full sized bat" in something that is basically pocket sized, is it just law enforcement fudlore? Or is there truth to it due to the mechanics behind how this instrument works?

I've seen these bad boys in older movies, but beyond that, not much about them in person or other forms of media. I do know they were pretty much dropped from law enforcement due to their ability to create a lot of damage, so maybe their mystique isn't fudlore.

Any anons want to chime in?

Attached: blackjackcarnie.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aVKWcxvmjlI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I mean I can't answer your question, but if you're going to test it, why ask us?

they are powerful. you could easily accidentally kill someone if you hit them in the head with a mild blow. i dont know what state you live in but they would be considered deadly force here in my state. so you can only deploy them and use on a person in self defense if you are in fear of your life. otherwise its assault with a deadly weapon. and if you are in fear for your life, why arent you just using the superior weapon of a pistol you carry regardless?

theres literally no point to having or using one unless you are a restricted person , spook, criminal, or 19th century policeman

Good luck hitting someone with one of those when you are bouncing and not being sued into oblivion.

Well, even if I test it, a coconut is hardly comparable to using it on a human being.

Maybe some anons own some already, over a span of years (so since you're not one, then you probably should have said nothing), and understand the ins and outs of the weapon.

I also can't remember the last time these popped up on here, so a thread about these would be refreshing. Should I have done another ARG, AKG, CCWG, 9mm vs 45, Trap thread instead?

What kind of pistol do you CCW as a bouncer? Seems like a bad idea to me unless you stash it somewhere during work.

Your dumbass is going to get in massive shit if you use that on some drunk cunt, Dalton. Double Deuce would not be pleased.

Oddly enough everyone thinks punching someone is going to be the most effective thing ever but if you hit someone with something harder/heavier than your hand that has better reach and they get all autistic and think it's less effective and that just couldn't possibly hurt anyone more than a blade or something.

IT'S
JUST
A
FUCKING
STICK

if i was a bouncer i would at most carry pepper spray. the key to bouncing is to have a team of guys with good communication system gang up on whoever the drunk faggot is and hold him until you kick him out or the police arrive. anything else is just asking for a lawsuit and i can guarantee your employer does not want you fucking armed with anything for this exact reason

You will kill someone if you hit them hard enough. Plus you might give the person brain damage and get sued up the ying yang

Attached: KrHDA.jpg (720x480, 62K)

its literally a modern day bonebreaking mace you ignorant fuck

blackjacks are specialized weapons that require a skull hit to knockout your opponent. not so easy if that opponent is aware of you even if inebriated. i'd suggest a billy club for intimidation factor or a stun baton.

This. At most, I would carry a pocket knife as a bouncer and only use it if a patron was legit trying to kill someone (broken bottle, etc...)

Because I am using this for my part time job as a bouncer, I stated very clearly, or so I thought.

I do carry a handgun for self defense when I am out and about, but obviously I do not carry my handgun while bouncing, not only does the business not want us shooting patrons, but it's a liability in that environment.

There's a lot of physical scuffles and subduing going on in this job, I wouldn't want to be pinning a guy down, and have my suit jacket ride up and expose my firearm to some other drunk guy standing around who might try to reach for it.

And I pretty much wouldn't carry my usual pocket knife for the job, for the same reason I wouldn't carry the gun, because we won't be shooting drunk people trying to fist fight us or hit us with chairs/bottles.

We're allowed by the club though, to carry batons, maglites, collapsible batons, slapjacks, blackjacks etc

Most bouncers seem to carry a collapsible baton, but the other Saturday, there was a fight, and a bouncer swung too wide at a group of drunks, and hit a females hand and broke her hand bones. Everything there is packed and extremely close quarters, and this is where the Blackjack shines, in my opinion, compared to some of the bouncers use of longer batons/maglites.

This person knows. People on Jow Forums severely underestimate the power of pepper spray. Shits effective. You are more likely to just catch a serious lawsuit or charge using that club like a fucking idiot.

Maybe find another job you sound like a Manlet.

Attached: 6SEvxWQ.gif (180x135, 137K)

I do not carry it when I bounce, you're absolutely right that it's a horrible idea to do so due to the physical/dynamic nature of the job.

Attached: 1513209759104.jpg (320x320, 32K)

collapisble batons are gay
blackjacks require skill and speed
i suggest a stun baton and the bar should buy it for you

"If I was a bouncer"

Well, this is why you're not. You're seriously suggesting using pepper spray in a small closed environment/building with hundreds, up to 1000 people? Everyone's going to start coughing, and trampling one another to get out of that zone.

My buddy sprayed just the tiniest amount of pepper spray inside my house as his idea of a joke, we weren't able to stay in the main room for a few minutes.

pepper spray is also a stupid idea for obvious reasons
think CS gas-enclosed space

Maybe, but it's legal in this state, and part of the allowed things to carry with a guard card and blunt impact weapon training certification. A couple of other bouncers here also have been carrying them for a few years without being sued into oblivion.

Every time a fight breaks out blow the dudes...they will never see that coming!

>skill and speed

At the expense of sounding like a keyboard warrior, what got me the job was the fact my bro is a 6'5 245lb monster, and he put in a good word for my 5'11 king manlet ass, because I have done plenty of Muay Thai/MMA fights.

But in regards to skill, is there special techniques for blackjacks? I mean, I just assumed you swing them like a small stick, but with a little more flick of the wrist involved.

guarddog titan has won awards and is only $80
i wouldn't open with a stun attack on a drunk but after a couple raps with the baton than a stun
i think most non-meth heads will be on the floor crying

Attached: 2016titantopbar.jpg (1101x621, 68K)

i'm not expert but they require head strikes and made for suprise attacks silent takedown
if you are good at muay thai than you must be fast so maybe a good option for you

lol fucking swiss army knife weapons are bull shit gimmicks. Oh look it's got this rape whistle on it too, how amazing.
I mean really. A metal baton + stun gun as if that's not conductive or you won't accidentally touch it yourself.

Not him but, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be selling it if you'd get fucked yourself with it. Not to mention, as he said, it's won some awards, so I imagine people have at the very least, toyed with it.

no rape whistle and of course its hardened aluminum nonconductive
although wish someone made a simple stun baton without flashlight that was at least 3 foot (cattle prodish) but not legal yet i guess

This isn't the fucking middle ages

Buy a taser you stupid cunt

effective stand off tasers are expensive as shit though
ineffective ones or handheld models aren't of use in a close quarters fight with an enraged drunk

>claim that it "had the power of a full sized bat" in something that is basically pocket sized, is it just law enforcement fudlore?
No, they hit pretty damn hard.

Hitting with a blackjack is similar to hitting with a baton with many of the same targets. If a guy is getting feisty, a light rap on the hands or wrist will take the fight out of most guy. If he takes a swing, hitting to places like the knees and collarbones can do a fair amount of structural damage, but not kill the guy. If he pulls out a gun or a knife, go for the head (otherwise don't because you don't want to get sued when the guy becomes a vegetable from his head hitting the pavement).

Since you do a lot of Muay Thai, you should understand the principles of force generation. Just apply those to the jack with a bit more mindfulness towards hitting with the business end.

Attached: MON_Baton_Trauma_Chart.jpg?sw=1500&sh=1500&sm=fit.jpg (1125x1500, 273K)

I'd go for a collapsible baton and one of these roll-of-nickels rized mega LED lights.

The former has obvious applications, but can be flipped over and used like a blackjack without risk of opening.

The latter often comes with an adjustible focus lens and can put a spotlight on low clouds or make you see your bones through your fingers. Shining it into somebody's eyes will flip them from fight mode into flight mode right quick, or at least occupy their hands in an attempt to not have their retinas scorched.

Blackjacks are a 20th century invention.

Thank you, great information here.

Yes, LED pocket lights with high candela/lumen output are a requirement at the job, they've been more handy than anything else we carry. Shine them at a persons face, and the majority of time they comply. Something about being blinded commands authority. This is why cops do that asshole move where they just blast your face with bright lights until they see you're not likely a threat, but from my experience, it works.

How is a solar plexus shot deadly with a baton? Obviously enough and repeated hits anywhere on the torso are deadly, but it's hard to believe a good swing at the solar would kill someone.

If the reasoning is "a piece of the sternum can break off and pierce a vital" it could easily be said for the yellow part of the graph as well.

it requires proper form to be as potent as your "police fuddlore"

It's the general heart area. Enough force can not only break bones, but upset the heart's rythm and thus your whole circulation. Some people also have motivators or heart diseases which don't improve their chances.

weapon has no reach and a bouncer should presume his opponent to be armed. if you're going to strike someone at all there had better be a good reason. if you're armed with a blackjack the only target is the head, that is it's purpose.

It's a blackjack, not a nunchuck, really, how hard could they possibly be to use? Police Officers and correctional officers aren't Martial Arts Masters, and they had been using it to great effect, as a matter of fact, TOO good, which is what got those weapons banned even in the police force.

This is actually the Blackjack/Sap's advantage in comparison to a baton. A baton gives you more range, but in order to do any decent damage with a baton, the strike must land with the furthest part of the baton. One can easily imagine why in small crowded areas, or in a grapple/clinch, a baton would lose a lot of it's use.

Looking online, a mid sized collapsible baton weighs 1lb on average. That's the same thing a blackjack is weighing in at, while typically only being 9 inches at most, while a baton extends generally to 21 inches.

Not to mention, these extendable batons (even nightsticks) hold more of their weight by the handle area, than by the striking area (they were designed this way to be as non-lethal as possible) while the blackjack on the other hand, has the majority of it's weight on the business end.

Not hard to imagine why a medium to xl sized blackjack is more lethal than a baton.

Blackjacks work well, so well that most beat cops in the early 20th century never had to touch there guns. Can they kill sure. But with practice you learn just how much force to use and no more.
Mostly its just a strong tap. Like flicking a light switch. Out they go.
I wish more cops would use them, less people would get shot, or killed. The cop would never need his side arm. Thump and a pick up.

Using pepper spray is going to piss off other patrons, you idiot. That shit spreads.

Blackjack is a fine weapon. You're a bouncer now, op, get out there and find out what works.
Then get back in here and tell us

People complain about police brutality if they get hurt. Tasers are better.

>Ahhh, early morning mist. All the respectable people should be in bed by now. Time to go to work.

Just use those big flashlights that use DD batteries

Why not just punch people in the face, you'll look more intimidating for the next time

Buy sap gloves instead
youtu.be/aVKWcxvmjlI

I think it'd be more intimidating to see a person who resorts to weapons.

Learn to strike upward. Let the weight do the work. From hands to the side to upward swip to the thigh, hip, gut, ribs, armpit, elbow, forarm, hand or even the chin is devestating up close. The casual attack is better than winding up into an obvious attack posture. Just a flick over the wrist and arm is all it takes. Downward blows get deadly too quick. But if ya gotta. Aim for the collar bone not the head, if head let it wrap above the ear. But a man with a broken clavicle in an arm bar is practically psychic, he'll do what you want with out even speaking.

>and a bouncer swung too wide at a group of drunks, and hit a females hand and broke her hand bones.
exactly why the business is going to get hit with a lawsuit. just imagine when one of you retards accidentally hits the drunk girlfriend in the teeth or temple while shes trying to pull apart her bf from the fight

was it a mister or a streamer? there are different types of sprays. also it would presumably be a last resort against an attacker armed with something deadly like a shard of glass. like i said, the point of bouncing is to overwhelm the drunk with multiple dude muscle.