If I threw my helmet on top of a grenade and then dove on it would I survive?

If I threw my helmet on top of a grenade and then dove on it would I survive?

Attached: giphy.gif (256x192, 2.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/save/http://www.businessinsider.com/cover-enemy-grenade-kevlar-what-happens-2018-3
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2445513/Royal-Marine-who-jumped-on-grenade-awarded-George-Cross.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Itd probably act like as directional charge (is that right?) And put the helmet straight through you.

Short answer: No
Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

web.archive.org/save/http://www.businessinsider.com/cover-enemy-grenade-kevlar-what-happens-2018-3

Might stop some fragments/shrapnel.
Won't stop your guts from bein soupified.

it would be extremely painful

If you're wearing body armour maybe. Guys have surived doing similar things in the past.

You're a big guy

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2445513/Royal-Marine-who-jumped-on-grenade-awarded-George-Cross.html

FOR YOU!

Probably not, one of the most recent USMC medal of honor recipients did this, and was pronounced braindead dead like a week later at the naval hospital in bethesda. He still saved a bunch of dudes though.

>If I threw my helmet on top of a grenade
Probably yes

>then dove on it would I survive
Probably no.

Better idea is to throw the helmet over it and run. Hell, even holding the helmet down with a hand or foot would work. You'd break a limb that way but that's a ticket home.

the best thing to do if a grenade lands near you is fucking dive as far as you can directly away from it and law belly down with your boots toward the grenade and your hands wrapped around the back of your neck
it will minimize the possibility of shrapnel hitting you or anything vital

Yes, which is why grenades are so deadly indoors. It's hard to get away from them.

it might stop the shrapnel. But then you have all of that kinetic energy blowing a hole in you.

Also indoors there is the pressure wave

Ahh I get it
>4 (you)s

Was getting blown up part of your plan?

question is, do you really want to survive it if it means that grenade schrapnel may rip your dick off?

could you live with the nickname no-dick-dave?

You dumb fuck you land boots away from the grenade. Your kevlar is protecting everything vital and you get to keep your dick.

Of Course!

If you're thinking of Jason Dunham, He was not the most recent USMC MOH recipient. Kyle Carpenter and Dakota Meyer have both been awarded the MoH since him.

Attached: Jason-Dunham-1024x539.png (1024x539, 653K)

You are supposed to lay with your helmet towards the grenade if possible, not away.

This is why soldiers carry 100lb+ loadouts, you're supposed to cover the grenade with your assload of government mandated shit in your MOLLE II large rucksack and heavy as fuck IOTV, lay on your back with the ruck ontop of the grenade, the excess gear equaling the weight of a small person should absorb the grenade blast (and most of your knee cartilage by the end of your military career) and you'll walk away unscathed! most likely.

Like just throw the grenade back, what the fuck

shaped charges place explosives behind a concave disk, so if he sat the helmet backwards on top of it then yes

I'm aware he wasn't the most recent. Hence why I said one of the most recent. But thank you for refreshing me on his name.

This is the right answer, it should be the only answer.

Simpsons did it

If you have the Hunker perk equipped, you can just pick it up and the fuse will automatically reset and you can just throw it back.

No, the whole point of that shit is to save all the guys around you

This guy did it without putting a helmet on top of it, and he lived. Stop being a pussy.

Attached: 0580BF46-C240-42E3-AD02-B7C32493A0A9.jpg (220x275, 39K)

For you