/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Long Range Edition

Previous LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
LYING ON A POLYGRAPH = DEPENDS ON IF YOU'RE A GOOD LIAR

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"
>Discord
>discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS KTHX
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: XLR.jpg (2048x1087, 296K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCqYPhGiB9tkShZorfgcL2lA/videos?disable_polymer=1
youtube.com/watch?v=z3fO5aTD6JU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I added the free copy of asvab for dummys to the sticky, so we dont have to keep going back 10+ threads to find it. Its the 2007 edition, but it pretty much looks the same as the current one.

If youre ever issued a gov laptop, its not to be used as your personal laptop, its strictly for work. We had one dude fucking downloading all kinds of al qaeda training manuals and shit on his government laptop, and his excuse was he didnt know he was only allowed to use it for work purposes. Also, we general discharged him for doing that shit.

Well, if you just want overall good jobs, go loadmaster so you can travel the world.

No lie, if you put contracts on your list, they are probably gonna give you that over everything else.

Interested in the WOFT program flying helicopters as a Warrant officer.

Anyone have any experience? I'm finishing up my bachelors in about a year

Wow, recruiters are getting desperate these days.

WOFT is awesome. Sometimes I wish I went WOFT instead of naval air.

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience getting a psych consult? It's one of the final step in my enlistment process. I was wondering if perhaps you all could tell me what to expect, like what kind of questions they'll ask, how to prepare, what exactly this "psych consult" entails, etc. I'm enlisting in the Navy, if that extra bit of detail helps. Thanks.

American navy?

Its summer

What rifle is that and where was the photo taken?
Looks nice.

Also go infantry or you're a fag.

Attached: ranger up.jpg (720x540, 71K)

That's right.

Its a rem 700 in an xlr element chassis. Photo is from way back in 2012 when the chassis first came out.

You going for any particular job? Because otherwise idk why you would get a psych consult. Normally with psych consults they just ask you generic shit like do you think about suicide are you depressed etc. So to pass, just dong sperg out and tell them how you dream about killing kittens and shit.

I'm up for either Yeoman or Navy Corpsmen, but I'm keeping an open mind. I don't know why I need a psych consult either especially since I've no history of any mental shit, but it's whatever I guess. It doesn't seem all that bad the way you describe it.

>rem 700
Nice.

Attached: 700 mdt lss.jpg (736x490, 71K)

Ya, I wouldnt worry about it too much, dunno why you would need to do one either, probably just a formality, or you answered that stupid mental health assessment wrong at the end of the asvab.

Thoughts on 88L or 88K? Heard some people say it was chill

88L user said 88L is more chill, while 88K have to do more labor type work like deck hands. Also, boat captains are warrant officers, so either MOS will lead into that.

>downloading terror manuals on government property
That's an impressive amount of stupid.
I asked because I know the service academy kids get a laptop issued for both school work and personal use.

UK army or AUZ army, i want to have a chance at deployment, any opinions?

I feel like im stuck in a quagmire. I am not making any progress with my weight/PT scores for the last month. I need to get down like 70 pounds. My pushup/sit/pullups are so bad. I dont feel defeated but fuck i am close. Anyone have advice?

Attached: 538.jpg (680x435, 70K)

Oh hey i just posted below you, i am trying to get into the SASR. Are you down under or a UK boy?

Keto+IF
Please trust me. Eating Keto+IF is literally the best and easiest way to lose weight friend.

Attached: 1526094540007.jpg (736x1104, 117K)

As you lose weight, you need to cut more calories. Keep chugging along and your bodyweight exercises will improve. Don't expect quick results.

Not him.
What are some good resources for keto and IF?

youtube.com/channel/UCqYPhGiB9tkShZorfgcL2lA/videos?disable_polymer=1
This guys channel. Scroll back to when he first started putting out videos cause theyre all good. He talks about keto and fasting. Literally watch all videos relating to that. These are just nice overviews for you to get your footing. If youre serious youll watch them then when I come back ill post more in depth stuff if youd like.

Attached: 1506454064477.jpg (1230x1846, 364K)

Thanks bro.

Attached: 1475726873222.jpg (635x800, 101K)

UK but i have AUZ citizenship and spent the first 4 years of my life there, recently got my passport again.

Rate the plausibility/value of my ideal career path meg

>combat arms branch till O-3
>apply to be an FAO/48 series
>work 5 years as FAO
>go reserves and join foreign service
>retire with 20 years at state department at the age of 55

You know that you don't get to start higher than FS4 when you make the switch to the Foreign Service, right?

What cone are you looking at?

What's a cone? This is a very recent and preliminary 10 year plan so I'm a bit lacking in details and information.

Chances are you dont know what youre talking about

Foreign Service Officers go into one of five cones, those being consular, economic, political, public diplomacy, and management.

Right now the Trump administration is talking about spinning off consular and making it part of DHS, but that's pretty fucking stupid because most rookie FSOs cut their teeth doing consular work regardless of cone and having the people running a major part of the embassy's day to day function as something other than diplomats is fucking stupid.

He's right. Without knowing you I would assume that's the issue. How much weight have you lost and how many calories are you eating?

Fuck off. State what's wrong with my statement. Your weight comes into play for your TDEE.

I'll say a prayer for you.

>wanting to retire at 55
Bro, everyone who retires early, gets bored as fuck and their bodies and minds start to degrade. Once you live a life of inactivity you start to perish. Seen so many E9 who retire after 30, die within a decade. I considered doing 20 active and retiring, but then I would be 38 and bored out of my mind. Shit im in the reserves now and plan to stay in until they kick/retire me out. Hell, in my gov job, I plan to keep working until im at least 70. I have so many coworkers that did their 20, then years of boredom got them to return to working in their 50-70s.

By retire I mean I'd probably work consulting after I get out. I can't see 30 years down the road yet but I agree that retiring in your 50's isn't smart, given how unhealthy it is and how much more money there is to be made with 20 years of government experience.

I knew I guy that did 20 years in the economic cone and he seemed to think it was better in terms of personal fulfillment and responsibility. Honestly I'd still like to do something military related if I joined the FS but i guess you can't ask for too much with gubmint work.

Im obviously not the guy who asked the question and no he is not right.
First off shithead it factors into BMR not TDEE. Second off it doesnt factor as nearly as much as you think. Third reducing your eating window aka IF is far better than reducing outright calories. IF preserves metabolism far far better than standard calorie reduction. Should I keep blowing you out or you gonna roll over?

Attached: 1512928735500.jpg (936x936, 523K)

What is the general relationship between enlisted and officers? Do officers look down on the enlisted? Do enlisted dislike officers?

>First off shithead it factors into BMR not TDEE.
It factors into TDEE. Show me the unicorn tdee calculator that doesn't take into account weight. It must be a shit calculator.
>Second off it doesnt factor as nearly as much as you think.
It factors enough to matter. Especially if he's trying to lose 70 pounds.
>Third reducing your eating window aka IF is far better than reducing outright calories.
Both contribute to weight loss. Reducing outright calories is an extremely reliable way to lose weight.
>IF preserves metabolism far far better than standard calorie reduction.
Not if you keep a good eating schedule. Cutting calories doesn't fuck up your metabolism if you go about it correctly.
>Should I keep blowing you out or you gonna roll over?
A good first step would be to stop being retarded

Maybe pre 2010s when officer and nco clubs were still a thing. Now officers are just the equivalent of CEOs and directors, and NCOs are managers and supervisors, and junior enlisted are the entry and mid level employees.

Can someone give me the low down on delaying my ship date?
The situation is, I'm shipping as 11x option 40 in a month, and I injured my wrist a few weeks ago and it hurts to do a single pushup. Before I could do about 60 in one minute and about 85 in two. An user in a previous thread reccomended asking for a delay if it doesn't heal soon.
If I ask for that, will it a) piss off my recruiters b) risk losing my option 40?
Thanks for any advice.

Did you go to the doctors yet? Could have swore you posted this a couple of weeks ago.

I did post about it earlier, yeah. I didn't go to the doctor yet since I was hoping it would get better if I rested it for a bit. I'll probably go this week if it stays like this.

Alright, initial conversation with recruiter over text. He's asking me a bunch of questions before he agrees to meet. Most of it's fine but he wants to know if I've had any broken/fractured bones (both wrists fractured in 2 different incidents), stitches (small facial wound 10 years ago that I can't hide), and if I've been diagnosed w/ depression (did badly my first year of college, parents wanted me to see a shrink and like a fucking idiot I did, and he kept pushing the diagnosis on me. No suicidal tendencies, just bored and out of place. That was 6 years ago).
What should I tell him about?

Tell him only about what can be discovered upon a medical examination. If you have scars, make up a dumb story about them. If you obviously have broken bones, tell the truth, but if nobody can tell, say nothing. Shut up forever about seeing a shrink - it never happened.

Too late I just told him time to get blocked by him lmao

Nevermind he is still agreeing to meet with me let's see what happens.

Bro, go to the doctors. Have you at least been wearing a wrist brace?

Any advice on planning to go coast guard or air force for 4 years and then navy?

>It factors into TDEE. Show me the unicorn tdee calculator that doesn't take into account weight. It must be a shit calculator.
yes you shit brain, but TDEE lowers as a result of BMR. So be specific.
>It factors enough to matter. Especially if he's trying to lose 70 pounds.
No it actually doesnt
>Reducing outright calories is an extremely reliable way to lose weight.
Sure and feel like shit and fuck up your metabolism
>Not if you keep a good eating schedule
define good

No, don't have one.

>TDEE doesn't include weight, it includes BMR which includes weight
Are you purposefully being a retard?

88L if you like engines and mechanical work. 88K if you want to be a dirty deck hand. 88L ait and tech schools are harder earliwr but get easier as you progress through them. 88K gets progressively harder.
t. 88L

Attached: 20180621_103050.jpg (5312x2988, 1.19M)

>Military related

I mean State has intel stuff, but it's most analysis as far as I've heard. Oldest spy agency in the country though.

Econ looks pretty cool, personally I lean political but that's just me.

Bro, go to walgreens or the grocery store and buy a damn wrist brace. Holy shit thats like an obvious thing you should have been doing since day 1 to aid in recovery. Shit costs like 5-20 bucks.

Finally got through all that. Pretty interesting stuff. I'm still wondering how to balance diet, sleep, exercise. I'm built like a s0iboy with a beer gut, but I want to get some muscle, develop good cardio, and develop a healthy eating habits.

Would a workout at gym followed by a 3 mile run followed by a massive meal of bacon, spinach, meat, eggs, onions, carrots, and more meat work? Not sure how to restrict protein to 20%. Perhaps I'm just misinterpreting what constitutes 20%?

How do things like vitamins and protein powder factor into this?

Sorry, I'm kind of retarded.

That isnt what I said you moron. Im saying BMR is specifically what drops. TDEE is a combo of things. Again, be specific.
Before you reply just know that I know far more about this stuff then you do so its for the best if you dont reply.
Buddy if youre just starting out theres like 10,000 things you need to learn. Theres almost no way you can run 3 miles without killing yourself and should not try.
>Not sure how to restrict protein to 20%
You dont actually have to. New research is saying its ok to have more. Watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=z3fO5aTD6JU&t

Attached: 1523423367149.gif (500x281, 991K)

>I know far more
>Constantly spouting retarded shit
not quite

except i havent said anything retarded shit for brains. Like I have said 3 times now, BMR is apart of TDEE. Be specific. I know its hard to be specific when you dont actually know that much. Most morons talk in generalities and vague terms to mask the fact they dont actually know anything. Keep trying though.

How good/bad is a 65 PCSM score? 4 more flight hours should get me to 70

I'm not starting out with running, fortunately, so I can do 3 mile runs. I'm worried that going to the gym too often will kill my muscles, though. Would 2 or 3 times a week be a good rhythm? Should this ever increase in the future?

I’m shipping in August as an 11x infantry. My original choice was 18x but I figured I could use some experience to bolster my chances of passing SFAS. My plan is to serve out my 3 year contract as an infantryman and then apply for special forces. Did I make the right call to sign up as 11x? Are there any other options which would help me get in the 18 series besides 18x?

Alrighty niglets, I just swore in as an 88k , I can't find shit online about this mos and the jewtube vids suck dick. What can I expect from this mos? the recruiter said this is one of the rarest jobs in the army. He said they get deployed often to cool places.

Marine/Officer/clearance questions for the next two hours.

>I'm not starting out with running, fortunately, so I can do 3 mile runs
Oh well thats good. If you know how to run then develop a sensible running plan involving speed work.
>I'm worried that going to the gym too often will kill my muscles
Literally what? Im gonna assume you know absolutely nothing about weightlifting? Im not saying that as an insult im literally just asking to gauge your knowledge base.
I personally think its wrong. How old are you? And the reason I think its wrong is because most standarn mil jobs are useless, filled with losers, and are prone to crushing dreams because theyre filled with people who had their dreams crushed. You want to distance yourself from losers as much as possible. Itd be better to take 4-6 months and get in fantastic shape and just go 18x. If youre mentally mature that is. Anyone can get in the physical shape but youll get dropped if youre a pussy/coward.
>88k
Scroll up dude theyre literally talking about it a few posts up

Attached: 1514192996856.jpg (500x684, 49K)

Did you get an op4 at least?

If not, no big deal. Just work on your pt and do a shit ton of soldiering stuff until youre ready to apply for shit. Good luck man.

Scroll up a bit, and ask the 88L user about it.

wtf is a 9s100?

Was thinking of WOFT, is it useless trying to get it if I am competing with people that have degrees while I don't?

Honestly 18x is the best way to go these days if you really want the long tab. I would say try to get RASP slot. A couple years in regiment would more than prepare you for SFAS both physically and mentally.

>Im gonna assume you know absolutely nothing about weightlifting?
Pretty much.

As far as I know, they don't care if you have a college degree.

I just finished taking the ASVAB at my local recruiter and scored a 97 and we're going to verify it tomorrow, the MOS they're pushing me to join are 35 series, one of which includes TS security clearance.

I'm currently filling out the application and one of the questions is asking if I've ever had counselling from a Psychiatrist, requiring further information from the Psychiatrist if I answer yes. I only went for a couple of months for anxiety and depression, and I haven't taken anything or been back in over 6 months. Do I answer truthfully? If I lie, will it come up during my TS clearance examination?

Do I pussy out and not join the military at all because I'm a huge coward and I'm enjoying the NEET life, even though it may mean homelessness soon?

Well you should start from square one then. Buy and read starting strength vol3. Its the book that fit jokingly calls a meme and the program is called SS/Starting Strength. Im not saying the book is perfect or the program is eprfect but tis the best way to get your feet wet with weightlifting. Here is a quick video you may enjoy by the guy who wrote the book, Mark Rippetoe.
youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI&t

Attached: 1526566576439.jpg (399x600, 37K)

laboratory scientist

Degrees not a requirement, so no, go sign up. Process takes a minute.

Dont say shit. They arent gonna find those records.

What job you looking into?

>350F

35F and 14G are the ones they were pushing, both have good sign on bonuses right now.

Dont join for bonuses. Join for actual job. What exactly do you want to do or get out of mil service?

I want to transition into some sort of medical or technological research. I've also seen that TS clearance is pretty valuable.

When you say research what do you mean specificially? Also a TS is only worth it if you are immediately going into a job before the 8 year time limit pops up for a TS.

Thanks. You rock.

Attached: 1475729197729.png (900x1200, 666K)

Thanks, and look my advice is buy and read the book
HOWEVER
dont stop there. Its a beginner program that is very good but far from perfect. Dont stop learning that way you can make changes and build a custom plan that suits your needs.

Attached: 1517519016852.jpg (800x1000, 258K)

What do you mean technological research?

I need surgery to fix my meniscus.(right knee cushion tissue). It tore and wont heal without surgery. It hurts to jog, run and jump on it for long periods of time. If I take surgery, I'll be moved away from my recuriter, have to quit my job, wait 3-4 months (waiting period for surgery is 1-1/2 month/2 months to recover), have to start over my enlistment process, and continue to get a wavier for my childhood asthma.

Should I just avoid surgery and try to go through boot and suck it up or take surgery and try again with the military? Im not going to stop enlisting until every branch permanently DQs me. Im just afraid of not being able to join, this is my last chance to move up in the world.

got it. Time for my run, followed by some pork dinner. I found this webm. Enjoy.

Attached: taylor-steak.webm (640x640, 1.68M)

I want to develop a weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

Bruh, youre not gonna make it through boot period. Get that shit fixed, then join. Seriously, youre gonna do so many impact exercises that there is no way you are gonna be able to make it past 2 weeks.

>Time for my run, followed by some pork dinner
Have fun and sounds tasty im sure.
>webm
Taylor welcomes all into her warm embrace

Attached: 1520659779107.webm (640x640, 1.85M)

I don't even really know. I just want someone to shove me in a lab and tell me what I'm doing is for some important advancement of technology.

Too easy, i got you buddy, join 35F, go to school since easy mode job and lots of free time, get degree in engineering or bio while in, get out after 3-4 years, have degree or be a year from getting degree, finish degree on gi bill, and work on masters, then apply under career pathway job for gov as an engineer or medical whatever, work that a few years and apply for DARPA or some shit. Done. Youre welcome.

who is she and why is she in front of a camera so god damn often

Got it boss. Thanks.

Lmao its that navy dudes waifu. Ive never seen him post the same picture twice, and he posts quite often, thats how I know hes stalker level.

>mfw the Navy manning situation is so desperate they're now offering reenlistment bonuses to MM's and my faggot ass is considering doing a shore duty

Attached: images.jpg (183x275, 4K)

im asking for her name and her biggest fan in this thread should know.

Attached: 1520484051964.jpg (960x540, 50K)

BTW, you might think that was a joke answer, but that was a completely legitimate answer.