Innawoods vs. Large Predators

Hey Jow Forums, I've been thinking about working for the national parks out in bumfuck nowhere somewhere, but I was wondering what would be the gun of choice to take down the average bear or cougar if need be?

I'm not even sure you can carry a gun if you're in the National Parks, but if you could what would you suggest bringing? Point for inconspicuousness (aka: no ARs)

TL;DR why not open carry desert eagle

Attached: puppy.jpg (625x450, 416K)

Posted in amerifat land btw

Go with a friend, take several friends, have all your friends carry guns.
No joke pic related will literally stalk hunters just for sport. Wildlife will fuck you the fuck up B.

Attached: kitttty.jpg (752x788, 81K)

I recently heard of an attack where some poor bastards fought off a mountain lion and once they turned their back and thought the coast was clear one of them was dragged off and killed. Big cats are bad shit

45-70 Levergat

>I'm not even sure you can carry a gun if you're in the National Parks
R
E
A
D

YOUR

L
A
W
S

If you have time to spot the animal, it has steady sized you up and decided not to kill you. Animals are much sneaker hunters than people. If they were going to attack you, you wouldn’t know what was happening until you got airlifted out.

Don’t shoot animals you can see. Just walk around or wait until they leave.

Definitely don’t shoot bears. You’ll either have already been mauled to death or you’re walking closer to her den. You kill that bear you’re killing her cubs too.

Glock 20 is as powerful as you can go before the gun becomes annoying bulky and heavy, depending on for how long you're carrying it. I carried a .44mag over several mountains on a 4-day hike, plenty doable but the Glock 20 is much more comfy and it's got 15 +1 rounds.

That cat better hit an artery in the first 2 seconds because I will tear that fucker up. Even without my gun, I have rapid access to a folding knife, kept razor sharp there won't be room for anything in my head accept that I'm going to kill that fucker.

Yes read the laws by state but typically you can carry in a National Park but not in a National Forest because they are under different jurisdictions and National Forests tend to be more concerned with poachers... I guess.

Buy a .45 caliber pistol and keep it in your bag until you're sure you're deep. Once you are deep you can open carry it. Watch for trails where people might be and don't look intimidating. Be friendly if you encounter people or straight up ask them if they've seen any mountain lions or bears if you chat them up that way you don't look like a weirdo with a gun but more of a concerned hiker. Social skills goes a long way if you have them.

In addition to this, this is what I'm do when I go inna desert and worry about coyotes (both literal and human) and mountain lions. Don't talk about it, don't look suspicious. Just take it out once you're deep enough. If you see a park ranger or someone of authority and you're not supposed to be packing just go ahead and conceal it in a bush or what not until the interaction is gone then pick it up and leave.

What? Absolutely wrong. You have switched around. NF you're good to go if carrying, NP you are not good to go if carrying

Probably state dependent but I don't have it backwards for the places I been.

I have a question though:

You are allowed to carry banned weapons if you are just traveling across a state, not going somewhere specifically in the state.
What if you're hiking the Appalachian Trail and need to cross an unfriendly state?

IIRC obummer made it so that you could carry in a national park if it was legal under local laws.

.357 should be more than enough power to stop any type of cougar or black bear. 9mm is probably enough outside of the Pacific Northwest. But if you live in the Pacific Northwest and you have grizzlies and moose, you should carry .44 magnum, a pretty powerful rifle, or a shotgun. Bear mace is not a bad plan too.

cuck

>go with a friend
>to work
Are you 12?

.38 Special if you're worried about crazed homeless people. .40 S&W if you're worried about black bears and pumas. Bear spray if you're worried about grizzlies. 7.62x39mm if you're worried about skinwalkers.

Stealthy as shit.
>I have rapid access to a folding knife,
Yeah you'll die.
>Are you 12?
No I'm 30, Battle buddies user battle buddies. Also I didn't really read OP's post. I just posted the Cougar. They will kill you and you'll never see it coming.

>yeah you'll die
You know pumas are the biggest pussies of all big cats right

I will kill that motherfucker. You! You are prey, little bitch. I am not. I'm twice the size of that ambush predator and I'm not afraid of a few cuts. That thing will be trying to run away but I'll grab its tail and swing it around until its tail comes off or it hits a tree and I'll do it again. I'll burn that cat down!

The cat has folding knives for fingers mate

Lee enfield SMLE model or No.4

Attached: images.png (275x183, 2K)

You probably would get killed by a cat you ginormous fag. I am the king of the jungle. You're afraid of a cat.

If you want to commit suicide just cover your body in BBQ sauce and throw your self at it

Dude most not have interacted much with angry cats. Cats are nature's perfect killing machines. They're the closest thing Earth has to the creature from the Alien movies. I would gladly fight a bigass pitbull before fucking with a bobcat half the weight, and I want nothing to do with an actual big cat.

revolver in at least 38 special

lever gat in a fat caliber

I’d carry a .357 magnum if black or brown bears and bigger cats are around, .38 +P if not.

I am the perfect killing machine. When did this board turn into a bunch of beta cat cucks? It's pathetic, I'm outta here.

I'm going to go be alpha someplace more awesome. Stay out of the woods.

Neither allows employees to carry on duty (other than law enforcement personnel).

If you're talking about the Cougar attack that happen in WA (Few miles from me actually) one person got attacked, it lost interest in that person and went after their friend. Mauled them to death as other person gtfo.

>I am the perfect killing machine.
No, you're a delusional faggot.

>samefag

I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY I JUST WANT TO FIST FIGHT A GRIZZLY AND DIE BUT ALL I SEE ARE NIGLET BEARS FUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!

Attached: 895588.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>Cats are nature's perfect killing machines.

that's not how you spell alligator

>I've been thinking about working for the national parks out in bumfuck nowhere
You'll have a lot more to worry about than bears and cougars. Godspeed.

Attached: david.jpg (600x753, 70K)