Clips are better than mags t lindy

>Clips are better than mags t lindy
Is he right Jow Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=mjuEJjzon-g

Attached: 1525941246445.png (1000x796, 432K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JKiTA48agFo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lindy is never right. Even when his conclusion accidentally is, his arguments are always bullshit.

I sure like em better. Because I don't want to be throwing mags around all day and bending them to shit.

I'm amassed he doesn't ND in the whole video.
Then again he can't own real bullets in the UK.

God I cant stand his talks on anything post gunpowder. And how much bullshit he spews on that topic makes me seriously doubt his knowledge on other topics

All he did is explain why WW2 era nations issued clips for bolt action rifles instead of new magazines.
And he's 100% right about everything he says in the video.

Attached: kys1.jpg (480x550, 61K)

He's just as clueless about pre-gunpowder stuff. It's as says, the rare few cases where he isn't completely wrong are by pure accident.

Bren > MG42

>things lindy never actually said

But they did issue new magazines all the time for semi autos like the M1 carbine.

Yes America did for their second most common combat rifle.
That's the exception though, not the rule.

>2nd most common
According to wikipedia over 6 mil M1 carbines were made, compared to only 5.4 mil M1garands or 3 mil 1903s.
What was more common than the M1 carbine?

The M1 carbine was in service longer than the Garand you fucking brainlet. They didn't produce all 6 million during WWII

So was the garand.

Wow I sure do love it when you guys say someone says something they didn't say

>"So was the Garand"
>in response to "the M1 carbine was in service longer than the Garand"
>"The Garand was also in service longer than the Garand"
holy shit kys immediately.

Second most common COMBAT RIFLE you illiterate retard.
Most carbines were carried by people not on the front line.

Hitler did though! Oy vey

>if the MG-42 was so good, it would still be used in the modern day like the bren is

things lindy ACTUALLY said

He's not really making any incorrect points in this video, actually (a rare thing).
I guess the whole protruding magazine getting in the way thing, that's not as big of a problem as he suggests, but beyond that, yes, clips was the choice made back then due to weight, cost and manufacture time.

Magazines were expensive to make back then, but clips weren't, so it'd make a lot of sense for that time to just permanently affix one good magazine on the rifle, and then use cheap and disposable clips for reloading, after all, they're cheap and easy to make in large numbers.

That said, always question what Lindy says.

His arguments aren't actually terrible on this point, cost and weight was most likely the big reason for choosing to design service rifles to reload with clips, rather than detachable box magazines, back in that era.

Yep.

You bet

Attached: Soldier of fortune Miami Vice Bren Ten 10mm.jpg (574x777, 156K)

They were designed for those people. Not carried by them.

I dont even like the carbine but they were a very popular frontline weapon up until the M16 was made standard, and even saw some use alongside the M16.

I think he meant the Garand wasnt only produced around WWII either. In which case hes right

I'm pretty sure the six million were produced after the war

i wand to sea lawyer!! :D:DD
youtube.com/watch?v=JKiTA48agFo

nice

>two knifes
>I AM SAMURAI
ebin

How do I watch this without giving that hack a view?