Build an aircraft carrier

>build an aircraft carrier
>call it a destoyer
this is some washington naval treaty sort of shit

Attached: izumo-ddh 181.jpg (631x376, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

defensenews.com/land/2018/06/22/us-army-shoots-to-get-future-attack-recon-helicopter-prototype-flying-by-2023/
youtube.com/watch?v=Uh0CzIyg2Lc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Meanwhile at 15000 tons this thing is somehow not a battleship, and the Kuznetzov is a cruiser. Ship nomenclature, it isn't about clarity, it's about getting the budget approved.

Attached: max2icglcfvr5zrkbge1.jpg (800x410, 46K)

Their plan is to not fight China, but to sneak attack S. Korea.

Any analyst can tell that JSDF is no match for the Chicoms, but for S.Korea it's perfect.

Attached: worst korea attacks japan MURRICA.jpg (640x480, 125K)

While there are definitely political reasons behind the classification, the Izumo-class is a natural development of the Haruna and Shirane-class vessels. These were literal and non-euphemistic "helicopter destroyers", being destroyers with an extra large hanger and landing deck for carrying multiple large helicopters.

Attached: Shirane class.jpg (1024x652, 138K)

Tbf, there is about 7 billion dollars worth of gold in the keel. 15000 tons aint that bad

It makes for a pretty shitty destroyer

Attached: FireShot Capture 294 - Izumo-class helicopter destroyer - Wi_ - https___en.wikipedia.org_wiki_Izum.p (209x40, 2K)

US should help Japan re-militarize to counter China threat, honestly.

>tfw you will see a new yamato-class super destroyer in your lifetime

Attached: donald nut goku.png (640x507, 459K)

>15000 tons
>Battleship
Are you fucking retarded, or do you just not know anything about ships? Fucking christ, Dreadnought displaced 18,000 normal, 15000 is nothing

Mikasa 15000 tons, Canopus-class 14300 tons, Maine-class 13900 tons, Borodino-class 14300 tons, Peresvet-class 14600 tons...

It seems I know enough to spot where you haven't done your homework.

these are all pre-dreads. By world war 2 light cruisers were 10,000 tons or more, and heavy cruisers 14,500 standard

Victory was a line of battle ship, she displaced 3,500, therefor anything that displaced more than 3,500 tons is a battle ship

But they're a development of and replacement for actual helicopter destroyers, hence why they're designated the same, in the same way that America's Arleigh Burke-class vessels are called "destroyers" when they're really guided missile cruisers.

>I don't know what I am talking about
Yes, it couldn't be more obvious.

I love how Asian geopolitics is a shit show
>biggest threat is also biggest trading partner
>allies hate each other
>want to support Taiwan, unsure of how much support
>Taiwan unsure of how much it wants to be a real country
>Filipinos acting like monkeys
>fat kim the third flip flopping between bellicose and a pussy

>Attack Japan
Always gets me.

>every country's official stance on China is "fuck China" and "we love China"
>China doesn't even know if it should be offended or flattered by those comments
>China just builds another island to prevent internal collapse

Kek

Just take this place. Its been flopping back and forth between "dat sweet nork milsurp" and "OMG HABBENIN DEAFCON -1 WE MAGA NOW BOMBADILLADOO" once per month for the last year

April last year was the worst for that. I had that flip flopping on a daily basis. North Korea would escalate and I'd desperately want them to get fucking glassed, the US would escalate and I'd suddenly feel quite scared and realistic about the whole thing, then North Korea would say something stupid and I'd start genuinely wanting a war.

It's like reality TV. It's a train wreck but you just can't look away.

Who cares how much it weights, Zumi is a failed project, anyway, destroyer or battleship.

i wouldnt say failed, its still getting some support. id say its more of a shelved project rather than failed.

>a shelved project
I'm sure the Commanche gunship was also classified as a shelved project in the begining.

No, Zumi is just too expensive, even for the US. I mean, 7.5 billion per ship, the old Nimtiz class carriers that are still the main carriers only cost about 5 billion per ship with much greater firepower.

Zumi is just not worth it...

Im betting a lot of shit from the Zumwalt find its way onto future Burke's and shit though. A bit like Seawolf

that too, its still doing shit is my point.

>US should help Japan re-militarize to counter China threat, honestly.
We are

>I'm sure the Commanche gunship was also classified as a shelved project in the beginning.
the commanche is still shelved, in fact, the army has had some interest in reviving it.

>some interest in reviving it
Meaning it's still a failed project until it's back in full production and service...which is pretty much unlikely as the new Apaches are better in every term. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Commanche was built with the same 'old style' stealth as the F117 which was completely negated with long wavelenght radars.

>completely negated
No.
>theoretically vulnerable to
Yes.
Daily reminder that the F-117 shoot down was a perfect storm of complacency, stupidity, and astronomically good luck. Long wavelength radars cannot direct weapons. Regular radars can direct fire on an open bomb bay door however.

not entirely, the commance was built around concepts that the F-22 introduced and was adapted for helicopter use

the F-117 shootdown wasnt what killed the F-117, obsolescence did. the F-22 did stealth better in every way so there was no need for them anymore.

>the army has had some interest in reviving it.
Nope. They have interest in procuring something that would do what it did, but there has been absolutely zero talk about procuring the Commanche itself. Honestly, it looks like the S-97 Raider will win the competition, whose requirements they just released.

defensenews.com/land/2018/06/22/us-army-shoots-to-get-future-attack-recon-helicopter-prototype-flying-by-2023/

>adapted for helicopter use
Looks like it failed as a helicopter.

Then the Japs go Order 66 on the Americans on their shore.

it worked as a helicopter, failed as a money maker.

>how many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man

Attached: atomic bomb.jpg (1200x712, 204K)

>Attack Japan
>Quickry, whire america is busy
>fuck you nip dog fuk your whore ancestor
Max Kek

宇宙戦艦ヤマト

Attached: 12345u.jpg (1024x600, 102K)

May as well throw HMS Victory in there

I heard they wanted to slap ramp on this thing and make it a proper carrier.

12000 ton blue water "coast guard" armed with 76mm artillery, MGs and AA

Welcome to Asian designations

Attached: cg.jpg (650x366, 43K)

You have to understand that the Chinese use their Coast Guard and an unofficial maritime militia made out of fishing vessels and other commercial craft that are controlled by the state to further their will and bully everyone else.

explain

It doesn't do anything the USCG Legend-class cutters don't. Not that China isn't above shady shit in the South China Sea, obviously, but there are actual reasons to have a big blue water Coast Guard ship, especially if you're insisting that your "territorial waters" are the whole damn ocean. And unlike Japan, China does not have the same political motivations to pretend that a warship is really just for self-defense, honest.

>It doesn't do anything the USCG Legend-class cutters don't
Sure as hell is intended to do a lot more nudging than USCG Cutters. Hence its size. That's literally what it's designed for- pushing other ships.

Here's the funny thing, the US Navy considers the PLAN to be professional and polite. Nice and well manner rivals.

The Chinese Coast guard types and fishermen on the other hand are absolute scum and if people had their way they would be sunk to the bottom and their crew to feed the fishes.

1)Hast thou not gone against sincerity (至誠に悖る勿かりしか)
2)Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds (言行に恥づる勿かりしか)
3)Hast thou not lacked vigor (気力に缺くる勿かりしか)
4)Hast thou exerted all possible efforts (努力に憾み勿かりしか)
5)Hast thou not become slothful (不精に亘る勿かりしか)

Attached: e0266858_11245773.jpg (945x568, 79K)

Kinda mad that China tried copying USCGs aesthetic colors and decals

That's an international (kinda)standard, most coast guards look like that, only with different coloured racing stripes

That's Hyuga (4 helipads on deck), not Izumo (5 pads)

Pic related, Izumo

Attached: 1200px-DDH-183いずも型護衛艦.jpg (1200x800, 252K)

i agree the raider will probably win but it would dope looking to see a tilt rotor gunship like pic related

Attached: fvl-valor2.jpg (640x426, 88K)

Yes, "helipads".

F-35B pads :^)

Attached: F-35 is the best.png (1198x800, 377K)

>sneak attack S. Korea
What would they gain from it it

>no match for the Chicoms
Stealth jets, multiple ASW carriers that can operate as forward staging bases for said stealth jets. Full American support. etc etc

I would like to introduce you to BB-144, displacing 15000 tons and armed with 12 devastating 6 inch guns. This ship is designed from the ground up to obliterate enemy surface combatants.

Attached: USS_Worcester_(CL-144)_underway_in_the_Mediterranean_Sea_in_June_1950_(NH_91832).jpg (800x596, 102K)

This. I would bet hard cash that the Ticon replacement will be an upgraded Zumwalt with upgraded Burke Flight III radar and full-height VLS cells replacing the AGS.

Haven't read the thread, just dropping a balls ship

Attached: Liquid Natural Gas Ship.jpg (400x300, 19K)

>sneak attack on S.korea
and land with what, the JSDF on korean shore? wonder how thats gonna go lol

That isn’t at all what that korean writing is by the way

What does it say then?

this

youtube.com/watch?v=Uh0CzIyg2Lc