New Japanese rifle to replace current Howa Type-89

New Japanese rifle to replace current Howa Type-89.

Attached: Dgncvv8VMAArM5L.jpg (1024x495, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SvBVDibOrgs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 36370370_196050181235415_7526107270506086400_n.jpg (709x720, 50K)

Is that MSBS

Attached: DgncvvwUcAE2ifq.jpg (1024x716, 44K)

Looks like your generic piston driven AR expy.

Well shit.

Attached: Dgncvv7U8AAztw2.jpg (1024x575, 62K)

looks like a scar

Attached: scar17.jpg (500x175, 26K)

What else would you have them do?

Attached: DgsumbkVQAAX7A-.png (1200x750, 89K)

Issue Matebas to everyone, obviously.

>replace rifles with SMGs

>7.62x39
NANI

Japanese rifle exports when???

Attached: lazer dick.jpg (388x372, 64K)

>Mateba SMG
I guess technically that's possible but you're gonna spend a lot of time reloading.

that's a picture of a scar you fucking dumbass
STOP MISLEADING RETARDS ON Jow Forums

Looks kinda sexy I guess. Anyone have any info on trials or tests? Any data on how well it functions?

It's a Barrett upper on a SCAR-L with some other junk stuck on it. Knocked up pic related in 2 mins.

Did the japs just discover PMG?

Attached: pmg shit.png (1135x573, 60K)

>barret upper
yeah, those dumb jappos sure are silly for reverting back to bolt action rifles for the main infantry weapon.
holy shit, where do you retards come from?

Attached: 1530167328048.jpg (470x501, 57K)

y know

this could all just be a military otakus imagination that OP dressed up as "Japan's new rifle"

Even so tho concept is pretty sexy tbhfamsmh

Is that all? Some drawing? kek

Yet another SCAR/ACR clone, considering the market for this gun, which is only ever going to be the Japanese military and no one else, it is most likely going to be ultra expensive to produce, like $10k a pop.
What's even the point? Why not just buy the SCAR and have the gun right away rather than spending a fortune and having to wait 10 years ?

>long barrel version
>7.62x39
clickbait

Barret makes shit besides .50 cals. You no guns faggot

japan has a hard-on for producing everything they need within the country.
this is why their license built P226 costs like 3 grand per unit.
yeah, they make AR copies.
not SCAR derivatives.
ya fucking mong

>want to make modular rifle
>won't bother trying to make it LMG capable like the Stoner 63
>this shit is surely going to cost a fuck ton for the army while it cost nothing at the production
lame, call me when someone make an actual modular rifle and not one of those "but you can use diffrent caliber" meme shit

user, you need a lie down. They're the same shape (specifically the sloped forend), that's all I was referring to. Take your meds and stop taking the internet so seriously, for your own health.

>barrett is the only company making handguards with a slant at the end

Who are you quoting? I never said that nor implied it. Again, all I pointed out was the similarity to the 98B upper on PMG. Your family must worry about you, user. Keep taking your pills.

Just for comparison.

>>won't bother trying to make it LMG capable like the Stoner 63
You know the Stoner 63 was a jank-ass piece of shit, right?
Rangers and marines loved it simply for it's beltfed configs, because they had never had a 5.56mm LMG before, and more modern dedicated LMGs/SAWs do what you want, next to normal assault rifles.

Trying to make something retard modular to make it do everything possible is just stupid.

The only thing that gun will ever shoot at is whales and Godzilla. I think you can imagine how effective it will be at killing either of those.

Nah, I'm sure the Nips will be shooting in anger at the Chinese before too long.

Attached: China water disputes.gif (624x507, 83K)

>tfw you will see manchuria fall to japanese hands again in your lifetime
tasty

>Japan's next rifle will be an aluminum extrusion upper, polymer lower with AR style ergonomics, short stroke gas piston rotating bolt action, folding adjustable length stock, with rails top bottom, and optionally sides.

oh wow oh gee who would have guessed.

Even if this is fake and gay, it's still 100% true.

Well, that IS a good way to make a rifle, even if it's not at all exciting. Kind of like how half of everyone used some kind of Mauser 100 years ago.

The question is if they're going for full quad-rail, or if they'll do a top-rail and then MLOK the bottom and sides.

Why did anyone expect anything different.

>japan has a hard-on for producing everything they need within the country.
what's wrong with that

I'm gonna fuck it

chinks are delusional, but japs should never be allowed to remilitarize as that will only lead to them starting WW3 again. anyone who doesn't get this does not understand geopolitics. Chinks should be dealt with militarily soon though, as they cannot stand up to the US military and we and they know this

If you're not imminently at war it's strategically and economically silly. If a closely allied country can start supplying you with arms ASAP and cheaper then it's in your interest to do that rather than spend the time and money tooling up some entirely custom thing. Sure, having all domestic arms production is ideal if you're looking at a situation where you could quickly become encircled or otherwise cut off from foreign materiel but I don't really see how Japan would be in that position. An actual war between Japan and China seems fanciful at best.

>economically silly
What's silly about keeping that money within the country? Many countries that have the industrial base to do so follow the same logic. France, Germany, Italy, South Korea, Sweden they all domestically produce a large variety of equipment they could very reasonably import. There's no point in expending the effort to create an arms factory or a design firm just to get a new service rifle or tank or fighter jet, but when you already have those things it makes perfect sense to put that procurement money back into your economy and create jobs for your own citizens.

Japan has proven themselves to be very moderate since the abandonment of feudalism. They should not be a drain on the US's defense budget.

>literally run by a military junta during ww2
>very moderate

If you think Japan hasn't done a fucking 180 since WW2, you haven't been paying attention.

SAW is kind of a mixed feeling. It's probably my favorite gun in the world to use. I really hate carrying that fucker around though. No idea how some guys use to haul around m60's every day.

>really hate carrying that fucker around
This is the reasoning behind the LSAT program. 10-pound SAWs with lighter ammo.

The M60 was better than an M1919 or BAR, big issue was that it really wasn't built and designed so well, being not perhaps as durable or as light as it could have been.
Durability issues would start making themselves known after a few years of service, so if you got it when it was new, I imagine the novelty of what appeared to be a half-decent GPMG was enough, as you either had the clunky-ass M1919, or the hopelessly inadequate BAR before it.

So which SEA nation do your parents/grandparents hail from?

Pretty sure he is the chink that keeps fantasizing about taking revenge on the Japanese population for their bullshit during ww2. Even though most of the japs responsible are already dead

And nobody but the chinks even seriously care anymore.

I never get to use it but always end up fixing it somehow.

S. Korea I thought was replacing the K2, France replaced the FAMAS, Belgium replaced the FNC, NZ replaced the AUG. Seems to be fashionable to adopt new rifle designs that are more modular these days.

>France
Not so much anymore and they're paying the price for it. They lost a lot of their industrial base when they shuttered their domestic armories and arms makers. Now they're wholly dependent on other countries for rifles IE Germany.

The problem there is that you're still thinking of France and Germany as separate countries, instead of separate states within the EU.

They're transitioning into a more tyrannical version of the US.

and shitty, the msbs,acr etc are piles of plastic shit

I'm pretty sure you guys meant MINEBEA, not MATEBA

I'm pretty sure the first guy meant mateba.

>be the most densely populated region on earth
a bullpup

I like it

user, do yourself a favour and go watch the (animated) Ghost In The Shell movies. The recent live action one is adequate, but you'd be doing yourself a disservice to watch that one first.

Why are you still reading this? GO FUCKING WATCH IT, ALREADY!

youtube.com/watch?v=SvBVDibOrgs

Jow Forums is for Kusanagi.

Attached: Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In A Shell by Mynwbckgrnd.png (1024x768, 2.87M)

G N I U S

SCAR?
No, wait a minute, that's a BREN!
No, wait a minute, that's a MSBS!
No, wait a minute, that's an ACR!
No, wait a minute, that's a SCAR!
No, wait a minute, that's a BREN!
No, wait a minute, that's a MSBS!
No, wait a minute, that's an ACR!

>didn't say apc556

It's all the same shit
We need to make some new Big Dick Long Stroke guns

Looks like a Magpul masada. Now called Bushmaster ACR

all modern guns are going to look like that since they use extruded aluminium uppers.
doesnt mean the guns are the same inside on the other hand

I think all of those have the same AR18 style rotating bolt and short-stroke piston.
Putting that in an extruded aluminum upper and a plastic lower, is a fundamentally good way to make a rifle, but it also isn't particularly exciting.

Neat. If your newly designed service rifle doesn't come out looking something like a SCAR it's probably because you're an idiot. Or a small nation like NZ that can just order a fuck ton of custom AR-15 derivatives from foreign commercial manufacturer.

I mean the weight isn't that bad, just when your in full kit and you get an already heavy assault bag you kind of think to yourself, well this could be worse. Then they remind you not to forget your spare barrels and somehow those fuckers just seem to weight more than the gun.
Felt heavier than the time I had between 15 and 20 m16's slung and had to jog with them.