Would jumping stilts be usefull for short supply runs when SHTF?

Would jumping stilts be usefull for short supply runs when SHTF?

youtu.be/-FeXbipq8Z4

You can run much faster and jump over obstacles with these on.

Attached: Screenshot_20180628-211809_Gallery.jpg (1080x1733, 876K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=unSMXWaduMw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would also look very aesthetic with your gear on.

>fall over
>break a wrist or a leg
>can't get back up
>can't properly render medical aid to yourself
>die of exposure or infection

and what the fuck is a "supply run"? you've been playing too many video games.

youtube.com/watch?v=unSMXWaduMw

THIS.
por-tip: Nature has spent several millions of years perfecting our body design, muscle size/distribution, range of motion and limb proportions.
any efforts would be better spent enhancing current human body performance

I think a "supply run" was meant to be like you're outside of your perimeter and rummaging through broken down stores that you happen to be the first one to always break into.
>implying gangs and niggers won't get to that shit first
>implying urbanites won't set up traps
>implying store owners won't be defending their OWN supply in a store that can help themselves survive instead of abandoning it.
>implying if store owner won't defend land that they won't simply take it all back for themselves
"Supply runs" are going to be shooting runs. And running around with that turbo pogo sticks is going to make you an easier target to pick off

Probably ok for running away from a pack of wild hungry dogs, maybe. As long as you can lock the door behind you when you're safe.

>Nature has spent several millions of years perfecting our body design
bullshit. the human body is absolute fucking shit compared to most animals. the only reason we're top of the food chain is our ability to make tools.

Yeah, you would say that if you were an intelligent design. Nature has spent millions of years guessing completely at random and this is the best we’ve gotten out of the random bullshit machine thus far.

I can't wait for my own personal private exoskeleton

and you know... intelligent thought... we're pretty good distance runners

>Literally the best stamina of any land animals ever
>Incredible throwing strength and accuracy for spear useage
>Erect gait giving incredible height advantage
No, man, humans are built perfectly for what they're supposed to do- hunt large mammals with simple tools. The issue is that out bodies aren't designed to to things we do now, e.g. live a comfortable and sedentary lifestyle.

we have one of the best endurances in nature

this has nothing to do with "intelligent design" god-creator bullshit
it is simply, for lack of a batter term, the process of "evoluton".
(And by that I am not refering to Darwinism, per se.)

in general, only the things that work get passed on. we've had millions of years of random mutations, evolutions, w/e to get where we are.

if it was physically and gemoetrically "beneficial" to have lower legs twice as long as our upper legs, we would already be that way, more or less. but we're not. because we evolved to operate in this environment with this specific earths gravity and our current body proportions are heuristically "good enough"

>pretty good distance runners
we have evovlved by nature to be runners. its how we're built because thats what it took to surviveand thrive

I'm a fat, pasty, white, basement dweller. I'm not built for doing anything physical except jacking off occasionally

Sure and they be great for running around after you jump out of a flying bus with an umbrella. :DDDD.... Is it time for school to start again yet?

We did not evolve that way because our enviroments did not require the longer legs given our intelligence and foraging abilities, however, the ability to modify the range of motion and stride and other physical attributes to fit the specific environment one is traveling in is objectively better.

Seriously guys saying that bionic limbs or jumping stilts are inferior to our human body because "we didn't evolve that way" is like saying that our bodies are more adept at transporting ourselves than airplanes our because "If it was really beneficial we would have evolved wings"

>rummaging through broken down stores
>on stilts

Attached: images.png (211x239, 3K)

Until you hit a pothole and blowout your knee and die a slow agonizing death as a cripple in a war zone.

start curling your unopened 2L bottles and work from there.

This.
These stilts also operate on a principal very rarely found in nature.
A cheetah uses a simular principle with it's spine, storing and releasing energy with it's movements. It did not however just evolve three extra joints and a large springy tibia.

>saying that bionic limbs or jumping stilts are inferior to our human body because "we didn't evolve that way" is like saying that our bodies are more adept at transporting ourselves than airplanes

that is not what i was saying at all nor was it meant to be implied. What I was priginally referring to were the inherent hazards pointed outr hereof course tools, machines & vehicles, etc are important and useful beyond any doubt. But strapping your legs to those 2 feet long extensions in ops pic, that is just asking for trouble

>reddit spacing for effect

Attached: fantasista-doll-02-720p-mkv_snapshot_15-17_2013-07-15_13-45-57.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

holy shit it's like the moon shoes i missed out on in my childhood and only got to use one time. I don't know if it's useful or not but it's worth the try.

While trying to learn how to ride a bicycle, all of those risks you mentioned are just as likely to happen, but once mastered, the bike becomes a superior mode of transportation. Just look at all the BMX and offroad racers, jumping accross ravines and careening down rocky hillsides and over and between roots and potholes and boulders.
The same thing applies to jumping stilts, once mastered they can be a superior form of transportation. I learned how to use regular staff stilts at a young age and now I can run, jump, climb stairs, and do so much shit with them and it feels completely natural and rooted to my body that it's like they're a part of me.

shut the fuck up you braindead moron

Dont ever do anything. You might get hurt.

The only braindead moron is the one who thinks that it's impossible to master or become adept with jumping stilts.

Making yourself a larger target is generally a bad idea

Not if you're also a faster target
>Sew a suit of skin from your enemies to cover jumping stilts
>Become skinwalker
>Profit???

>not snagging that top-shelf merchandise the average manlet can't reach

>manlet
>surviving any type of apocalypse

Attached: 1529546171725.jpg (600x350, 51K)

I feel like it's not worth the tradeoff of losing easy cover, I've never seen anyone standing still or crouching with those jump stilts

why not take it a step further with internal combustion?

Attached: 11172010.jpg (890x600, 421K)

w/e kid. shouldnt you be busy playing video games in your moms basement?

God I love summer break

just get one of those smaller bmx bikes
>small enough to maneuver small areas
>fast enough to get away from threats
>can carry an extra person on the back wheel pegs
>easy upkeep

Attached: 204229d.jpg (637x403, 35K)

IIRC there was a special forces guy in Iraq fooling around their country on a BMX or mountain bike doin’ thangs

Yeah okay skelefag. When the nukes come and I'm hunkered down in my titanium spiderhole, you'll be roasting like an 80% lean shishkebab.

Are you fucking autistic or something do you think youll be sprinting everywhere like sonic should shtf?
Just imagine you are scavenging in a town or something do you want to run everywhere paying little attention to your surroundings and potential hostiles or walking in a calm and deliberate manner checking your surrounding for potential threats?

>durrr shut up!
Lol faggot got blown the fuck out and lashes out

>this has nothing to do with "intelligent design" god-creator bullshit
>it is simply, for lack of a batter term, the process of "evoluton".
Yeah, that's just intelligent design by way of replacing God with Facebook science page nonsense. Evolution does not create ideal animals, it just selects for whichever ones manage to live long enough to reproduce with whatever grab bag of traits they ended up with, some of which happen to be good ideas.

"Evolution designed our bodies perfectly, you don't need tools that provide capabilities nature didn't intend you for to have," says man posting on a forum for tools that allow you to win a fist fight from three hundred yards.

>Why am I here

Attached: IMG_2015.png (640x1136, 1001K)

I realize anyone seriously proposing it would just be laughed out of the room, but I really think bicycle infantry should be a thing again.

Attached: Bicycles.jpg (596x322, 115K)

i have thought alot about this but i am a poor fag