Today after two and a half years i broke my xcover 3 it survived in tota:l

today after two and a half years i broke my xcover 3 it survived in tota:l
>numerous falls
>4 months of showering at boot camp
>single 60 minute cycle in washing machine
>couple of submersions at swamps
>boat accident
>smoothing of finishing coat

now i'm searching a new phone and i'm thinking about this cat s60, it's got thermal camera and looks pretty solid to me

what smartphone does k use to go innawoods with?

Attached: s60.jpg (512x506, 55K)

cat makes bulldozers
why would you buy a phone from them

cuz they make hell of a bulldozers

you had your phone in boot camp?

Chi makes hella good curling irons but I'm not buying a Chi phone.

Why not just buy a Nokia?

Attached: Nokia-6-cracking-walnuts.gif (480x269, 1.55M)

wow, that unironically seems like a cool phone.

it wasn't in US though

i don't wanna know how you know that but you can't compare curling iron to cat 797b

is that some kind of 787b construction ripoff

Attached: 1200px-Mazda-787B.jpg (1200x800, 187K)

Put it in a vr headset and operate with it

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x990, 309K)

seems like the perfect phone for me

Attached: 1530217163324.png (1000x861, 259K)

It's a Chinese design with Cat label on it. Has not much to do with bulldozers

>i don't wanna know how you know that
Do you not help your wife select the best beauty equipment?

S9
>good quality photos
>waterproof
>survived many falls
>good battery

I cannot complain

The cat phone doesn't seem that bad. Nice and tough. I'm a construction worker so I need a tough phone. I've been using the OnePlus 3T cuz it's metal so I'd suggest the 5t cause I think they've done away with that on the 6. Still. Helluva phone.

>I'm a construction worker so I need a tough phone
no, you just need to be less careless, and use a decent case if you have butter fingers.

And if I use a case it's unwieldy as hell to use if I'm in a machine or in a trench and need it. Harder to pull out of my pocket, takes up lots of space so it's harder to get down and work on something.
I've only ever broken one phone and that was only the camera glass.
If companies made quality products why the fuck would I have to buy some extra bullshit for it.

If you dont want to shell out as much for the s9 and dont mind not having all the fancy features, look into the J series as well

what you view to be quality and what other people view to be quality are different.

>what you view to be quality and what other people view to be quality are different.
No I think it's pretty agreeable that a quality product can take a hit. Phones used to be pretty invincible. When slide phones were big I had one that had fell out of my pocket and got ran over on the job on two separate occasions. Broke nothing, not even rhe screen. Now people buy iPhones and a week later they somehow shattered it

>phone in boot camp
Fuggg
all I got was a single one minute phone call on a pay phone I had to wait 2 hours at parade rest for.
Times are a changing, for sure.

The biggest problem with that phone is that it has an anemic processor.

If you can live with that, it's rugged enough for you.

It's a good phone, I have one. it's actually produced by Bullit, and using CAT liscences. It's pretty good, but some notes:

1) the waterproofing is good, but it makes using the headphones or charging port a pain in the ass while in use. They're both on the same side, which means having it rest comfortably in the pocket is difficult if you have headphones in.

2) The FLIR camera is fine, but not any better than the conventional FLIR ONE they sell for other phones. It's just integrated. I use it occassionally to check insulation, but the resolution is shit, though it pairs with the regular camera (which is also shit) to improve it, and you can't use it like you would military flir.

3) It's overbuilt on purpose. it's fucking heavy. But it's sturdy.

4) Battery life is better than iPhone, worse than most Samsungs.

5) Dual sim is good, as is expandable SD storage. Weird door thing to these ports makes for a good kickstand.

6) Flipping the '15m waterproof' toggles means you can't hear anything. The phone is basically unusable for its intended purpose, but it is safer if you boat or something.

7) the screen works when wet cause it has a pressure sensor as well has an electric one.

8) comes with a suite of 'survival' type shit on it. true GPS, barometer, etc. Not particularly useful, and AWFUL if you want to be 'off the grid' but nice for casual camping.

9) The only ruggedized phone I've seen that operates And6.0. Patches pretty regularly, but it is starting to slow a bit as the patch bloat affects it.

10) Actual hardware is... meh. Not bad, by any stretch, but not fantastic or fast. You won't be able to play decent games, if that matters. It's really a tool suite, not an entertainment device.

I would buy another if mine broke. Except that they're probably overpriced for what they really are. The FLIR really isn't worth it, if that's something you're looking for, but it's a nice feature if it's just a convenience item for you.

just googled it, their most expensive model has a thermal camera.

but i'm not an ass-hat that regularly breaks phones or upgrades so w/e

I use an Iphone, kinda on the fence about apple, but I hate google/android.

Attached: IMG_0115.jpg (4032x3024, 1.71M)

that's very gay of you

@OP

Ay, I've owned a CAT S60 for two years now. I preordered it.

I have never liked a phone as much as I have this one. It works with work gloves on (!!!), and it has survived numerous falls that would have claimed lesser pieces of shit like iphones.

I keep a tempered glass screen protector on it. I've had the screen protector shatter once (replaced), but never any damage to the phone's screen.

I could have done without the thermal camera just to bring the price down but I have actually used it in small repair jobs and electronics projects.

Every major fall has left a small scuff or even a tiny gash in the aluminum outer rim of the phone, but no real damage. I think of every mark as a battle scar.

Only complaints so far: it gets hot when I play 3D games for too long and its thick casing makes it a little harder to cool than other phones.

Also, some of the tiny cosmetic things came loose, like the edge of the speaker cover and the little plastic cover on the power port flap. But a dab of super glue takes care of this just fine.

Overall I love this phone. I would post a picture of it but I can't actually take a picture of my phone with my phone.

Also the screen mostly works when wet, like the other user said. You can't believe how useful a feature that is.

If mine broke, I'd definitely get another, again like the first user said.

Because he wants durability, not indestructibility.

again, since I guess what I said last time was really complicated.
What you view as quality and what other people view as quality are different.
Durability is very far from the main focus for the cellphone market. It's one of dozens of features that people don't prioritize, because it means giving up other features the main consumers deem more important.
Your argument is like saying an exotic sports car is poor quality because it can't take the impact your 87 ranger can. It's fucking stupid.

tl;dr - most people buying phones don't need them to be able to survive a hit and run from a backhoe.

What you and I view as quality is something that is reliable, durable, and functional. When we buy an item, we expect it to function reliably for many years.

What hollywood and the soibois view as quality is something that is shiny, new, expensive, an fragile. What is important to them is that the phone is a status symbol. They flock to the latest models so that they can appear affluent. Protecting their investment with a suitable case is forbidden by their credo. They must handle the phone with apparent disregard for its safety because that reinforces the illusion that they can readily replace it if it were damaged or destroyed. They go all out to maintain that outward appearance of affluence in order to hide the fact that they are cripplingly in debt.

You realize that Sony, LG, Samsung and half a dozen other manufacturers make all kinds of products right. Daewoo and GE are fantastic examples

you're Mom gay

they still make phones that you view as quality, as well as what sois view as valuable.
amazing really, that there can be two different products made for different markets.

For whatever reason when I've held one it seems really solid but I've heard a few bad reviews on it

you can beat wooden stakes in to the ground with a coke bottle all day but if you try to use it on a steel stake it will shatter.
this proves very little

How is the camera on it? I have an iPhone SE (6) that is in need of replacing. Camera is pretty good on it. My friends have the IPhone X and another one has a new Samsung or HTC. Photos actually look better from those phones than from my Nikon D3200....
That’s a pretty big drive for me.
Does the Cat camera compare at all?

Underrated post.