Why do BAE keep winning contracts?

Why do BAE keep winning contracts?

bbc.co.uk/news/business-44649959

Attached: file.png (388x420, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2018-06-09/chinese-spy-ship-docks-next-to-hmas-adelaide-in-fiji/9852748
news.navy.gov.au/en/Jun2018/Fleet/4693/Hunter-class-commission-new-era-for-Navy’s-future-force.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bc they bae.

They know who's palm to grease..

Attached: 1529565586698.jpg (207x208, 11K)

>when bae keeps winning contracts

Attached: 1497657850104.gif (500x350, 234K)

in this case its because the type 26 is probably the best multipurpose frigate design on the market at the moment.

in general its because BAE is a large multinational conglomerate with diverse subsideries in weapons development and bids on a lot of contracts, generally speaking any given type of military hardware has at least one BAE subsidiary manufacturing in that field, and often those offerings are very good.

High quality equipment and design. Say what you will about the bongs but they make things well and know how to negotiate.

Because they hired Trump as their negotiator.

>Australia cannot make it's own shit
>needs to ask mommy for help

no wonder the chinks too over

Why doesn't America contract stuff out?

Because we don't need to

The military industrial complex is based on nepotism
What else is new?

the type 26 is pretty damn good though, cant think of a better frigate design on the market right now.

can you?

Because they are a massive diversified company. Also, their US arm has happened to buy a lot of small US copanies during the consolidation, for example they bought United Defense in 2004 which got them the M2 Bradley, which meant that they had an advantage due to commonality bidding for the AMPV contract.

Free money though isn't it

In this case the USA doesn't have a comparable ASW frigate design to compete for the contract. In fact the USA has the FFG(X) contract bidding for a new USN frigate which will include some of the foreign competitors for the Australia contract as candidates.

What's so good about the type 26?

HOLY FUCK AUSTRALIA IS GETTING NINE FRIGATES?

Actually, it will be domestically produced in Australia, they just don't have a design team that is capable of designing a full warship.

Its going to have Aegis but with different radars and shit.

Thats ehy the only 3 that exist expend in port most of the time well done Bae and their corruption as always Navantia should have won.. Enjoy that frigates that cant run in hot water in Australia

FREMM are comparable

They keep lying cheating and stealing that's why

Eh, the FREMM is the only real foreign competitor. The Spanish offering is basically a small Burke.

Its supposably a very solid top-of-the-pack general purpose hull. Good endurance, built with bluewater seakeeping in mind so can go damn near anywhere, futureproofed out the ass and its built by BAE so parts, upgrades and technical help are all excellent and pretty much guarunteed to materialise since the RN will be operating them too. They're also built to RN standards so can do shit like operate as part of an Aegis/foreign equivalent network without the buyer needing to spend time and beer tokens integrating that capability after purchase. Very attractive if you expect to be working with multi-nationals a lot.

US still gets money here because they're putting Aegis on it

>type 26
>not the belharra

literal lol, anglos get out

>UK (8)
>AUS (9)

jesus christ, UK being absolutely btfo by a former colony and a nation w/ 1/3rd the pop

Attached: FTI_Belharra_frigate_Naval_Group_DCNS_French_Navy_PACIFIC_2017_1.jpg (640x480, 164K)

comparable, but not equal to, largely because the ASW aspect is inferior, AAW and ASuW are about the same.

>Thats ehy the only 3 that exist expend in port most of the time well done Bae and their corruption as always Navantia should have won.. Enjoy that frigates that cant run in hot water in Australia
what the fuck are you talking about?

type 26 are all still in construction phase, you might be refering to type 45? but then if you are you are vastly overstating the warm water problem and its 6 units not 3, the warm water problem is something that only happens in stationkeeping mode in very warm waters

>belharra
smaller, shorter legged, fewer weapons. more limited aviation facilities and no multimission bay
for its size not a bad little ship but its significantly less capable than a type 26 and less suited to the australian requirement..

as for the planned numbers the uk is also building 8 type 31 frigates for a total of 16 planned new frigates and has significantly more destroyers than the RAN as well as 2 CVs

>jesus christ, UK being absolutely btfo by a former colony and a nation w/ 1/3rd the pop

We need them to keep the Em- I mean Indos in check.

mfw australia will have more type-26 than the RN itself

Attached: .png (346x342, 184K)

Goddammit, you got to it first

>Why do BAE keep winning contracts?

The same reason Lockheed does, they actually make working products that do what the customer wants.

Real answer
1)Best bribes
2)Best hookers
3)Best booze
4)All of the above

>Nine frigates
>$25.7bn
>Dat price

FFFFFAAAAARRRKKKKKK
RIP Aussie gavy
should've went with the far superior Fremm class
have we not learnt from every other piece of military garbage we get from the useless Britshits

Attached: Admiralakbarsquad.jpg (850x478, 102K)

america hates having its navy stuff go to anyone but them. they dont like to share.

Whats with the frothing Spaniard reeing all of the sudden?
Are we witnessing the birth of FREMMFAG?

Kind of horrifying, bad decision smdh AU subsidising 2 countries' moribund naval industry now

This but also there is a purple circle of senior RAN who wish they were still RN and nostalgia for their Fremantle class patrol boat captaincies, force mirroring and the other UK tie-ups.

35 years including construction, facilities to do the construction and ongoing maintenance and upgrades, and may well include the carried aircraft (9-18 largish helicoptors)

same way the project cost for the F35 is massive, but then includes the projected maintenance and upgrade for its entire lifetime

Australian MOD splerged on the more capable system in every single trial / bid they had past couple of years

see LAND400 and the ssk's

What's with all the salt in this thread? Is it just dislike for bae or is it more the countries that didn't win the contract?

the idea that Type 26 would win was being openly mocked everywhere for the past week

Because it's bad or because Jow Forums doesn't know shit about anything?

not just on Jow Forums, like every defence forum
mainly because F-100 was the economically sound decision, and modern british warships have been export failures, too specialized, expensive, and small production runs
not to mention buying from Britain was politically weird / tension with brexit ect

also experience, familiarity, and proven record were all on F-100 sides
T-26 was the more expensive, but superior and heavier option
its practically destroyer size

The Navantina design is for most purposes a desroyer itself (APAR, Aegis, Strike Length Mk41, 2? Seahawks) and would likely be more capable than the Hobarts just put into service.

Australia wanted ASW frigates and the T26 is the best competing ASW design.

bribes

Also the best ship with the most capable anti-submarine warfare design for what Australia wanted: an anti-submarine warfare ship.

Also massive room for future expansion. Australia has been on fire lately choosing the best and most expensive equipment, finally choosing what the Army/Airforce/Navy leadership actually want.

Extreme Italian butthurt, they were celebrating that they had won two days ago lol.

>like every defence forum
Pretty much this. A lot of people were set against the Type 26.

I don't think people were set against it, more like they didn't expect the T26 to win.

It's how funny how Australia will get more and better equipped T26 frigates than the UK

>B-Britannia rules the waves l-lads

This. F100 was the way.

>Australia:
>French subs
>German boxers
>Brit frigates
Gee. Might as well be third world nation.

Australia has a good nose for picking the worst navy contracts.

t. fernando rodriguez

ind*s will feel our wrath

True, but rather than being used for lining the pockets of Saudi noble families, Australia chose them for a reason.
>French subs
Second best offer: technology transfers and built in Aus
>German boxers
Best 8x8 on the market, technology transfer and built here with a gigantic new facility that will also service thousands of logistics vehicles
>Brit frigates
Best ship on offer, tech transfer and will be built here

We've made some good decisions lately

Attached: Hobart.jpg (3600x2156, 1.73M)

ind's are our allies. common pleb mistake to think that they are any threat. they distrust/dislike china as much as we do

I'm taking about Indonesia are you? they're one of the main reasons Aus is gearing up afaik

Im still making fun of you for the Collins though

collins was a fine vessel

Chinks are getting uppity, we need a way to stall their navy long enough that they are forced go through SEA first if they want to get to us.
The jungle gooks will handle the rest.

Philippines greatest ally

Yeah I figured you meant Indonesians. We are not gearing up because of them, we are gearing up because of China walking down the road towards WW3.
Indonesia is gearing up for the same reason. There are no tangible threats between Australia and Indonesia, despite the difference in culture, religion, territorial claims or recent spying scandals; we have always got along.

Attached: 1473479860016.jpg (1600x1071, 431K)

Indonesia isn't a threat, they dont have a navy and even if they did they're more interested in buying our stuff and selling cheap crap to bogan tourists than starting a war. The Chinese are what everyone's worried about.

Was?

Yeah that's a fair comment. 3 of 6 in regular service was not a very good achievement. Thank god we are getting 12 modern subs to replace them all.

yeah never saw it that way. indos will be in danger of China even more than us. is that the boxer in the pic? very glad we went with them

2 Landing Helicopter Docks / Assault ships
12 Attack Submarines
3 Air Warfare Destroyers
9 Anti-submarine Frigates/Light Cruisers
12 Offshore patrol combatant vessels

We are arming up the Navy with a lot of new kit. Mostly to replace old stuff, but still, fairly comprehensive Navy modernization.

Attached: 1486275829915.jpg (3000x2000, 2.18M)

so point is proven you cannot make shit, and need mommy.

Look at china, America taught them how to produce shit, but they cannot design quality.

that's one of the reasons why I don't think there'll be a war between the West and China. I think peace is too lucrative nowadays. dunno

Yeah the Boxer, can't believe how big it is when I actually saw it. Massive, but it's the new standard size really.

Not so long ago, a Chinese vessel was illigally 'fishing' in Indo waters, Indo coast guard came alongside it inspect but before they could board it a Chinese coast guard ship got in between them and rammed the Indo vessel away (a light ramming). Chinese are fucking out of control

Attached: P1030366.jpg (4608x2592, 3.46M)

Attached: 1490064382201.jpg (1920x1272, 632K)

you're getting the words 'designed', 'produced' and 'make' all mixed up.
Rather than designing FULL military products like whole ships or infantry fighting vehicles, Australia buys products from companies that have already spent the money to design. Then Australia puts as much of it's own smaller products like radars and EW countermeasures in, and builds it all domestically.

you've seen it in person? I know the feeling though. when I saw a bushmaster for the first time I was shocked at the size. did you see this? abc.net.au/news/2018-06-09/chinese-spy-ship-docks-next-to-hmas-adelaide-in-fiji/9852748
. they are definitely making major moves though and I don't think they're going to let much stand in their way.

They also ask the bagettes for submarines.

Haha yeah those Chinese certainly say and do whatever they want. They'll push things too far eventually.

Yeah I saw the Boxer just recently and went into the back of it. Was pretty cool. Also got to sit in the new Hawkei light protected vehicle

Attached: P1030378.jpg (4608x2592, 3.56M)

Attached: P1030379.jpg (4608x2592, 3.64M)

you lucky bugger how'd you manage that? what do you think of the hawkei though? they seem to be next gen gear that we have now. going by the height of the men in the photo I can tell it's pretty bloody big.

>Cracking down on Chink influence
>Buying an absolute fuckload of new equipment
Please liberate

Attached: f8dbc275dc6d49b47f182b0c83c916a0195c2765v2_hq.jpg (1024x603, 12K)

that thing is beautiful. we definitely have the best gear. thank you for posting by the way.

I used to think that too, but the chinks just keep doubling down on the fuckery, buying politicians, fucking with universities, intimidating local newspapers, pushing the envelope further and further each day. At some point someone in the west is going to snap and all hell will break loose.

Public firepower display, but my army reserve unit got allocated a few spots so I went.

The Hawkei is great for what it is, basically a protected ute or twin cab truck, but it's not as capable as the US Army's new Oshkosh, but still great. It meets the need as our overseas light vehicle for all roles.

Attached: 1516269881946.jpg (3600x2161, 1.77M)

No worries.

Attached: 1505609263279.jpg (4359x3014, 1.89M)

Attached: 1489507310969.jpg (1200x675, 234K)

they won't let anyone but themselves build it

is this in Qld? I know they're being built there which is great.

what an absolute beast. how many troops can you fit in the back?

Can someone tell me what they mean by AEGIS with Saab interface?

Australia don't need to gear up to face the Indonesians. We can completely fuck them up just by adding a tariff on their mi goreng exports.

I didn't take that pic but I think so.

I believe it's 8 troops in the APC variant and 3 in the AFV variant because of the Lance turret basket.

Attached: 1481457682508.jpg (1600x1200, 405K)

you do realize only half of the USN's carriers operate at a time right? i'm pretty sure it's true for most navy's ships

Pretty sure Saab is the CIC consoles and ergonomics 'interface' while Aegis is the software controlling the weapons systems and radars

I imagine that gun could puncture some serious armour with the right ammo? I think it'd be a welcome upgrade over the 25mm on the aslav anyway.

that sounds a bit arbitrary, did they just decide they liked the way saab's gear looked?

Yeah but the Collins were in port for long periods of time for repair from mechanical failures and persistent leaks. They were meant to be at sea for far more time than experiences. They are much better now and getting upgraded in some areas

Attached: Collins Class Sydney.jpg (735x1000, 438K)

I imagine it's a bit more complicated and in-depth, considering Aegis on the Hobarts have been 'Australianized'. Also work for Saab Australia too

you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about

they have good hookers and blow

news.navy.gov.au/en/Jun2018/Fleet/4693/Hunter-class-commission-new-era-for-Navy’s-future-force.htm
>The first batch of three will be named HMA Ships Flinders (II) (SA region named for explorer Captain Matthew Flinders - first circumnavigation of Australia and identified it as a continent); Hunter (NSW region named for Vice-Admiral John Hunter – first fleet Captain and 2nd Governor of NSW); and Tasman (state and sea named for explorer Abel Tasman – first known European explorer to reach Tasmania, New Zealand and Fiji).
Neat