Handgun General - /hg/ - #132

Tasteless edition.

Pastebin
>pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide
>scribd.com/document/346633700/Git-Gud-k-s-Guide-to-Practicing-Defensive-Pistolcraft-Revision-1

Discord for Nasties
>discord.gg/5GG87Uu

O.T.

Attached: tsmbf.jpg (1000x716, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

palmettostatearmory.com/cci-blazer-brass-38-special-125-gr-fmj-5204.html
youtube.com/watch?v=O_kA4HUmpHs
youtube.com/watch?v=gFoet3qe6L0&t=0s&list=WL&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=jltQcm8B9rA
youtube.com/watch?v=Lj7UfgWYHiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't forget the Legion Members gear you gain access to

Attached: Screenshot_20180628-184846_Brave.jpg (1080x1990, 236K)

>Tasteless edition
Fuck

Attached: Capture+_2018-06-28-18-49-02.png (716x633, 721K)

Top kek

>Hey sig can I pay $200?
>$250? What do you spend $300 on?

Attached: jew.jpg (400x400, 72K)

Ok /hg/

I just got a Smith and Wesson Model 10, what are some good .38 Special and .38 +P brands/loads? What is a typical .38 Special load? I’m excited to get out shooting with it. I have very little experience with revolvers but everyone tells me these are great and I happened to find a good deal so I jumped on it.

Attached: 2B511E96-F8A4-4B8D-AFF7-E7B879C28876.jpg (2048x1536, 747K)

Sure it is. The same as stippling in the art world where people poke a canvas, he is still just poking at the frame. He just uses a custom oval tip instead of a round or pointed tip.

Attached: 3C9D561D-34A3-43B4-9938-79F74F23EFA4.jpg (3024x4032, 2.99M)

>anything made by sig
The discord is fairly no-bully, but anyone who buys the P320 gets a bully from me.

it hurts

dubs confirm

Attached: I suck.jpg (5344x1619, 848K)

>You'd be surprised what you can pull off. All told, there isn't much difference between a full size and sub compact. Some will disagree but I can conceal a full size long-slide double stack 45 just as easy as a Glock 19.
If you just stand all day then maybe you can conceal a Glock 21 over a Glock 43 but otherwise this is pretty much bullshit. There is a huge difference in concealability once you start moving or cannot just dress around your gun, and there will always be a massive difference in comfort between a subcompact and a full size

I literally listed out the unique features in this post The only thing that comes close is the Elite and it has fuck huge wood grips and costs about the same while having less features such as worse sights and no gray guns trigger

The performance center is literally a worse value than the legion and I don't even like SIG... Performance center revolvers have equally shitty triggers to the normal nu Smith & Wesson revolvers and the performance center M&P's offer virtually nothing other than undesirable barrel porting and shitty sights. There isn't even really a difference in the trigger pull now that the M&P 2.0 line exists.

If you don't like something it's probably pretty damn good. Shit, I think I'm gonna buy a 229 Elite now.

>Mandolorian panels
BURT WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME

Thoughts on Steyrs? Don't hear a lot about them.

Attached: ABBF0DCA-4073-43F1-B731-8A716315DD3B.jpg (1200x781, 793K)

You JUST got? Somebody's still selling those DoC guns? Where please? Am interest.

Magtech, Federal AE, Remington and Fiocchi are good cheap ammo under 28cpr. 158 grain is standard weight though you'll see a fair number of 125 grain. Here's some
palmettostatearmory.com/cci-blazer-brass-38-special-125-gr-fmj-5204.html

this t b h

I hear that they are pretty good, but I don't like the sights.

Attached: p30 mag carriers.jpg (3326x3006, 2.23M)

Dumb sights

Attached: De(feminine)cawk.webm (1920x1080, 1.57M)

You mention the SRT and "gray guns trigger" separately, what do you mean by that? i was under the impression that the SRT was created by gray guns but was so good that sig sticks them in some guns from the factory. Are you saying that the legions come with a gray guns trigger job?

It's a glock with better ergos and love em or hate em sights

Picked it up at J&G’s AZ store, last one out of a batch. Had to jump on it, used the excuse that my birthday was coming up lol. Thanks for the info!

Somewhat related question, the revolver is in great shape and I’ve looked it over pretty well. Frame and trigger/hammer look good and are rust-free, action is nice and smooth, no excessive wear and the screws aren’t stripped, the cylinder isn’t wobbly and the chambers look great, the force cone looks fine and the bore looks to be in used but fine shape with clear rifling and no pitting. Timing appears to be fine, and when the cylinder rotated everything appears to line up. The only thing I’m concerned with is cylinder gap: I don’t have feeler gauges, and I want to make sure it isn’t out of specification too bad. The thing is at least 25-30 years old (Model 10-8), and I don’t think there is much I can do about too wide a gap. For reference, im told a standard sheet of printer paper is ~9 mil (0.009 in) and it just fits between the gap. Am I good to go or nah?

Attached: 240D9F34-454C-4078-A94B-1923E34C44BC.jpg (3264x2448, 1.23M)

Please tell me that's a florida room or something and the inside of your house doesn't actually look like that.

Why does the upwards cocker still let the strike arm pull back?

I dunno but there are some revolverfags who will be along shortly

I have a P320.

I modified it to be decocker only, took 5 minutes with a grinder, set of needlenose, flat head, and a slave pin to hold it together while the pin was out

Attached: Gangstalicious.webm (1280x720, 1.58M)

Alright, I’ve shot rifles since I was a kid but not much pistols, but after a close call with a crazy last year and some very credible threats from a stalker, I’ve decided to go ahead and concealed carry. (Yes johnny law has been involved but can’t be too careful). Got my license sorted but I’m torn on the pistol.
Right now it’s between a M&P 2.0 shield and the M&P 2.0 compact, both in 9mm. I want to be able to carry every day, and I am 6’ but thin in build. Weight is a consideration as is price, but I can be swayed to spend more and carry heavier if it’s worth it.
What do y’all think of the compact vs the shield? I hear the compact is even 3.6” now, does that matter much? Am I barking up the wrong tree with the M&P?

The 2.0 series is awesome, but we can't tell you what you have the ability to comfortably conceal. You need to look at how you dress, what you do for work(stationary or climbing ladders and what not), etc.

M&P 2.0 is fucking great. Go for the compact, and appendix carry that bitch.

You bought a shitty gun. rip in peace u

Your USP looks like it has autism

SRT is the short reset trigger pack
Gray guns trigger is the PSAIT which is a very nice adjustable actual trigger replacement
They aren't GGI trigger jobs but they use the above two things and do some polishing which is presumably some media blasting like how the GP100's match champions are polished

I'd go for the Shield, I'm around the same height but more muscular and with a small waist. Subcompacts are more comfortable to carry and you dress around them much less.

>What do y’all think of the compact vs the shield?
Ones easier to shoot and carries way more bullets. other one is easier and more comfortable to conceal. Many people will find themselves having to dress around a M&P 2.0 compact size firearm in the warmer months unless they're particularly slovenly or bother to get a really good holster/belt setup. I used to really favor subcompacts for this reason but since upping my holster game i can comfortably and very successfully conceal a G32 in nothing but jeans and a light t-shirt. Holster makes a huge difference, that being said i am 6'4" so maybe it'll be a little harder on you.

>I hear the compact is even 3.6” now, does that matter much?
No, not really, its well within the normal range of bbl lengths modern quality JHPs are expected to work out of. Always a good idea to check out your carry ammo of choice though. Google and youtube around for gel tests from a similar length bbl if you can. barrel length doesn't really matter for printing in my experience.
>Am I barking up the wrong tree with the M&P?
M&Ps are great guns, id personally consider them one of the best choices for duty/carry guns in their class.

a stipple makes a dot.
a stroke makes a line.
when he uses his "oval" tip he is applying an abrasive polygonal texture to aid in firearm retention under normal pressure of the shooter's grip with his dominant hand.
>pic related
THAT is stippling a frame of a gun.
I studied pointillism in school (as useless as that may be) and it quickly becomes tiresome when people apply the term incorrectly.

Attached: iu[2].jpg (674x450, 247K)

First two lines of that really had me expecting a poem for some reason.

It's actually an FNX
You can tell because it's not a piece of shit

thanks asshole now i feel all itchy

>The performance center is literally a worse value than the legion and I don't even like SIG...
I never said it was a good value, I just appreciate the simplicity of the marketing.
Ruger's "Match Champion" designation for their premium revolver lines is also very memorable and reasonable.

Is that legit? Holy shit that's funny. Is it honestly just a TLR-1 with a dumb echelon on the side?

I should put a TLR-2 on my Arex just to troll up Sig fags.

That room is my entire house. Well, not including the masturbatorium.

Attached: C4855EC5-5AE4-4F99-A5D7-683CBD2C7631.jpg (2818x3699, 2.93M)

Idk bro.
I feel like “engrave by small touches” is exactly what is happening here.

Attached: 8A14AAB1-FDF8-44A2-9840-73953FF597F1.jpg (2545x2321, 3.58M)

Just got this thing

Attached: IMG_9997 copy.jpg (1200x804, 1.57M)

disable thumbnail images, fagot.
not my problem you are disturbed by a bunch of dots
youtube.com/watch?v=O_kA4HUmpHs

Do it.
Jeez

Do I get bonus points if I draw the echelon on both the TLR and my Arex with a paint pen?

mein gott
JA
youtube.com/watch?v=gFoet3qe6L0&t=0s&list=WL&index=8

the paint pen is mandatory, my friend

lol

If he had said Glock, I would laugh with you. But since you are calling the USP a piece of shit, and the FNX not, then I'm laughing at you.

neat are you gonna sbr it? or get a holster for it?

No worries, I only come to /hgg/ to find retards so this is what I expected

Attached: hk carry day.jpg (1956x2048, 461K)

how would one of these compare to popular single-stack polymer 9mm offerings? I assume it would be like carrying a 9mm CCO 1911.

>has persistent CEL
>calls others retard

Attached: 1378373934685.gif (250x188, 554K)

>cel on means something is wrong
Normie spotted

Do you even know what the code is?

It was upset about the MAF needing to be cleaned
Cleaned MAF
Light stayed on
It's the most common code on that car, they just like to come on and stay on for no real reason

I really want to get a 92. LGS is selling a 92s in pretty good condition for $350 with two mags. Is this a terrible or brilliant buy? I'm pretty new to handguns in general, but when weighing in costs of shipping and ffl transfer fees it seems to be a competitive price.

That’s fair
Based on y’all’s advice and my own life I think I’m gonna get the shield. If/when I find a great set up and get used to carrying though I’ll save up again for something a bit more substantial. Really appreciate the help.

How do you like your EVO 2?

Probably just do a tailhook + adapter, same price as a stamp with no wait.

Holster would be cool but the b&t one is stupid expensive. Kind of want to try making a fast opening briefcase like that AK one from the 90's

Evo 3, my bad

Depending on the actual condition it sounds pretty fair

Chill.

It gets even better, or worse, depending on how you look at it.

Attached: Screenshot_20180628-184127_Brave.jpg (1080x1990, 199K)

You have impeccable taste in handgunnery

>briefcase

fuckin dope. post pics on Jow Forums someday when it's done.

Do this

Attached: DeSantis UZI Rig with UZI full size on a person.jpg (336x335, 21K)

>t. no taste

LEON!

>calls people retards
>calls this /hgg/
Shit just writes itself.

no u
come back to the discord

oof

I inspected and fingerfucked it. Operation is good, no rust, significant blemishes.

It's not gonna be as light as polymer but it's not as heavy as a 9mm 1911. The P210 Target weighs 36 ounces with big honking grips, long frame and a 5.3" barrel while a typical all steel 9mm 1911 would weigh 40 ounces.

They could shave weight several ways, shortening the dust cover, slide and barrel, take half an inch off the grip frame, plastic instead of wood grips, and the top of the slide is milled farther back for fixed sights, pic related. Since some 1911 manufactures use aluminum frames in their 9mm models (like Ruger, and CZ on their compact autos), Sig could do that too. I'd guess they could pretty easily get an all-steel P210 Compact down to 26-29 ounces, maybe 23-26 for aluminum.

But remember it wouldn't be the size of a Shield or PPS so I wouldn't compare it to them. It's more like a single stack CZ75 Compact or a Sig P239.

The car may run fine with a check engine light but isn't that literally what it means? Like it literally means "check the engine, something is abnormal." Am I missing some critical meme?

Sometimes my IS300 will get a MAF or O2 code CEL and it runs perfectly but that code and accompanying CEL is still tripped for a reason.

Attached: fixies.jpg (2000x1333, 1.32M)

Tell me this shit is at least at a discount and not at an Ultra Special Legion price of 10% over MSRP.

CEL is just a switch being turned on. Switches can be turned on accidentally pretty easy
CEL is also pretty common when tuning cars, especially when doing something like running an aftermarket ECU

Oh boy, the my nutlicker gave me two (you)s this time

Attached: Dum stuff.jpg (4032x1700, 3.66M)

Upon a google search I’m seeing used Beretta 92S prices around $50 lower than that but if you can get it in a store and avoid shipping charges that’ll just about makes up for it.

>10% over MSRP
Kek

Attached: Screenshot_20180628-212356_Brave.jpg (825x1406, 391K)

Well if it's not that yuuuuge of a deal then I'll be patient and wait a few days to buy it, sleep on it as it were.
Any word on how the 92S vs 92FS handles upgrades? I want to add night sights but can't find any info on whether the S can handle it like the FS does.

Plus no asking "uncle, may i?" ahead of time to cross state lines with it or signing up for the short list of people to keep tabs on.
>other evo 3 owner
Huge fan. Bought mine used with a brace, aftermarket trigger, aftermarket grip, and left side safety delete though so can't really speaking to the major issues of the stock ones since they were already fixed on mine. Lots of fun and very accurate for me, i can just about stack rounds on top of each other at 25yrds no problem. We're talking shooting clips off targets(mine) and hitting those 1" paste over orange dot things 2/3 times levels of practical accuracy if you make a little effort. Recoil is very easy to control of course, very reliable with every ammo type except winchester steel, locking back on an empty mag has a slightly different feel than chambering a new round which is kinda nice but frankly some sort of visual indicator of being empty would be the only thing i could think of adding.

If you bother to get one, based on what i've heard of others, you'll definitely want to swap out the trigger spring and safety lever. If you choose to go braced then go with the tailhook, makes a world of difference in terms of feel compared to the cheapo KAK it was rocking when i bought it.

Now you're getting a third

Attached: soundsgay.jpg (478x478, 60K)

What gun is this though

Love my steyr

Attached: 20180322_165347.jpg (734x1080, 482K)

They just keep accumulating.

Attached: thumbnail.jpg (810x1080, 214K)

The absolute state of Sigfags.

>tripfag
>doesnt even know that's not a USP

Guy you asked. Fucking love this gun. Put 1100 rounds through it in the first month. STRONGLY considering SBRing and supressing it. If you like it, buy it. You won't regret it. I was saving for an SLR but found a good deal and I'm so glad I decided to jump on it.

LMFAO

Attached: 1523762265938.jpg (559x556, 37K)

Okay you're being obstinate. A CEL is by definition an abnormal condition, or else the "switch" wouldn't have tripped. The car continuing to run doesn't excuse the abnormality.

Oh god I said 'run' now I have to administer punishment.

Attached: fffffff.gif (412x253, 4K)

Google the phrase "false positive" and get back tome Burrito

hudson h9

>CZs being soi is such a forced meme
>i mean look at me im f-
>looks in the mirror
>Fuck.
>but im sure most CZ owners aren't like that
>youtube.com/watch?v=jltQcm8B9rA
>Fuck.
Maybe they really did have a point. CZs are great and all that but they do seem to attract a certain type to a larger degree than some other brands.

Attached: AverageCZposter.jpg (800x552, 113K)

thoughts on the 640 smith and wesson?
I have the revolver itch after so many threads and cant decide if I like this or not.
On the one hand its a bit beefier and can shoot .357, but its too big to be a legit j frame snubbie and too small to enjoy shooting those .357 rounds.

its such a red headed step child in the revolver world

Attached: SampW640-1002_zpsa34f2730.jpg (1024x768, 123K)

You've got me there.

Attached: hurr.jpg (3006x3841, 1.44M)

Holy shit that's a dope ass poster where did you get that?

Personal opinion, since you asked, I think it's dumb. Either 642 or bump up to 686 imo.

This is what peak single stack 9mm performance looks like

Attached: g.jpg (1600x1200, 704K)

Family member who used to work at the Pentagon gave me a bunch of 90's tech and gun posters from when he retired.

>not the 2.0
Almost there f a m

Holy shit can I be you

Single stack 9mm is a stupid concept.

pfff. you're so right!
quad stack is where it's at!

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1660x2499, 220K)

Reloading a revolver is sex.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lj7UfgWYHiY

why tho

You need at least a 4" barrel to take advantage of magnum loads. Otherwise it's just a wristbreaker for minimal gain over .38 or .38 +P.

You want cylinder gap to be under .006" and to have no more than .001" of cylinder front to back movement, also called "end play".
If it's really at .009" it'll be ok to shoot as long as there is no excessive end play.
End play can be fixed with washers, but an excessive gap will need a good revolver smith to remove the barrel, trim the shoulder, and mount it on full turn further into the frame.
He will then cut a new forcing come from the longer shank sticking into the cylinder window of the frame, ideally matching it up so you have a small cylinder gap (.001" to .002").
It's obviously not a cheap fix.
In any case you need a set of feeler gauges if you're gonna be revolver fagging it up.
They can be found at auto zone and other chain automotive stores.

Pocket guns shouldn't be a primary carry.

but who says it has to be a primary carry? some big assumptions there

>but who says it has to be a primary carry
Everyone who carries one when I ask them why they own one.

Thanks for the info, I’ll look into a set of feeler gauges. Here is a picture of the gap. The cylinder is being held as far back as it will move. Does it look excessive enough to have someone look at it before I put anything through it?

Attached: 87862525-9F4C-4FAC-A8F3-F4E0C97F6113.jpg (3264x2448, 1.35M)