I'm on my way Jow Forumsomrades

I'm on my way Jow Forumsomrades

Attached: SSAA.png (599x300, 39K)

eli5

First step to getting a fun license in Upsidedownia

Is it true Tasmania is starting to lighten up on gun control.

Im not gonna lie, I know australia is bad but what was interesting to me is that it is a national AGREEMENT not a federal law.

Which to me means that gun rights advocates can make some serious headway in some of the more rural and white conservative territories.

As an American thats a big bonus to aussie politics that we dont have here as we cant even legalize suppressors and are banning meme stocks despite a conservative goverment. Like a simple thing of making Catagory C&D (and maybe even R like those collectors) licenses a lot easier to get

Take advantage of local politics aussiebros, yall can do it.

There have been some pushes to make Cat C within reach for recreational Shooters, but after that shitcunt killed his family in WA, I'm not sure how that's going to go.
I'm sure this will sound horrible to all the burgers, but there's a faint silver lining to the fact that getting your licence and then getting guns is so expensive here. For those who aren't familiar, you're looking at having to drop a couple of hundred dollardoos just to jump through the hoops of getting your licence, not even counting the cost of club membership, which is mandatory, if your licence isn't somehow work related, or if you don't own or have access to land for recreational shooting, and on top of that, there's a fee (around $30 if I remember right) to submit a permit to acquire, every time you want a new gun. All this generates revenue for the government for doing fuck all. The shooting community is quite the cash cow, and while the major parties might be cautious about losing normie votes for any supposed "watering down" of firearms legislation, they're also very cautious about losing the millions of dollars in revenue they get from the people safely, quietly and legally enjoying their hobby. Any other ausfags lurking, please, I know it's a lot of work, but please, extract that digit and start the ball rolling on your licence. The more of us there are, supporting the community, paying our fees and voting with our votes, the harder we are to get rid of.

>dat spacing
>"I'm not gunna lie....."
Stopped reading right there

Hey im not going to austically spam shall not be infringed all the time cause Ive talked to non-american shooters and know the loops.

Thats a great way to view your situation actually, ie making your dollar talk over sjw tears.

And that might actually be the way to get stuff gradually loosened as the way to get all those gun owners back in the market is to legalize a brand new firearm. So if the australian shooting community partners with businesses maybe they could push behind the scenes.

Im one of those dudes that believes in worldwide fun rights so yeah keep up the good fight man.

I must be dyslexic because I thought this thread was going to be about the Single Action Shooting Society.

Attached: sass_logo1b.gif (134x121, 18K)

Good riddance then, bye cunt.

K. Imma go lay out all of my guns on the bed and take a strictly platonic nap with them.
What are you going to do with yours?

Take them out shooting and enjoy my unrestricted semi auto and 30 round magazines. But carry on anyways with your plan, and keep working on getting those freedoms back.

Well, we'll see. I'm sure most people are aware of the shit storm over the Adler shotgun. That actually rattled me a bit, simply because so many people were in a pearl clutching panic over a mediocre gun, built around an action that was 150 years old. I mean, I know people are stupid, but the amount of rage and hysteria directed at the people who piped up with "It's a level action 12 gauge. Why is this any different to a beat up old Winchester Model 87?" worried me a little bit.
In any case, another thing that's worth remembering for us Ausfailians, is that there is a minor political party who's whole platform is support for the hunting/fishing/shooting community. Now, before you laugh, it wasn't so long ago that the Greens were just another radical, lefty fringe group, and through skillful marketing and manipulation, they were able to force one of the major parties to take them on board, and have ended up being a driving force in Labor party policy over the last 10 years. If those hippies can do it, so can we.

Texas Burger here, love to see a new brother entering the fold; just a shame it comes with so much paperwork and giggling contempt. Stay strong you baked potato.

Thanks man, I'm doing my best. Actually pretty excited, seeing as the old man is ready to sign his funs over to me as soon as my licence comes through.

>when an imminent shitposting argument calms down thanks to common interests of the gun
Thank you based Jow Forumsube

Didnt one of the LDP leadership guys post on here?

We might talk a lot of trash, but I think at the end of the day, most Jow Forumsommandos like to hear about noguns becoming hasguns.

Fair dinkem? I hadn't heard that, haven't been lurking Jow Forums all that long though, so before my time perhaps.

how hard to buy a silencer?

Not sure to be honest, never really looked into it, since it's not something I'm particularly interested in. At a guess, they'd be a category R weapon.

I've gotten only one firearm from my old man and I can say it's the most rewarding thing he's ever done for me, the thing is a wallpaper but it still fills me with a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I see it. Definitely don't give up the good fight, Aussies could one day see a return to the roo shooting days of yore.

When I lived in OZ they were over the counter, cost about $50 US for 22LR and a joy to shoot

That's really cool man. The sentimental value of Dad's guns is a big thing for me. Every one has some really special memories attached to it. His .243 Mohawk was the first gun I ever saw, and him shooting it is the earliest memory I have.

That Mohawk is a collectible now

Yeah, we only recently worked out they aren't super common. Not sure if it's worth much, it's had a pretty rough life, but it's a very cool little rifle.

There's a national agreement, because firearms are state jurisdiction, not federal. It does not mean much headway can be made though, because then the federal government will just block supply and bankrupt the state. They've threatened it before.

Just out of curiosity, have there been any Jow Forumsommando meetups in Aus?

>There's a national agreement, because firearms are state jurisdiction, not federal. It does not mean much headway can be made though, because then the federal government will just block supply and bankrupt the state. They've threatened it before.
You would be surprised at how weak willed the feds can be.

In America the feds and states clash all the time, I mean we have trade with Aussies and if they tried to block off one of their states, our nra controlled congress could counter and threaten to cut their funding or automotive industry funding.

Who is eli5?

Attached: C60BE952-E16F-4022-848D-B76DE89B027F-286-000000218E19763E.gif (395x221, 771K)

Nah, the federal government here always tries to undermine state powers, and the states do it to the local government in turn. Plus, the four largest parties all are quite firm in their support for our NFA.

I think at this point, any real strongarm stuff is going to be counter productive, or at best, achieve nothing beyond reinforcing gun nut stereotypes. I think of we want to see anything change, or at the very least prevent any further erosion of gun owners rights, our best bet is to behave ourselves, dot our i's cross our T's, and give the anti-gun mob nothing to use against us, whilst making it clear that we feel there's room for reform, and that there are aspects of the current legislation, particularly relating to weapon categorisation, that make very little sense, and could stand to be reconsidered. We need to be the rational ones in this situation. When confronted with hysteria, or fear mongering, rather that hitting the fuck off button, we should be seen to be calm, rational and understanding, despite also being quite firm on our own position.

We also need to get people to stop voting Nats or Libs, because they hate personal freedom. I don't mind the SPP, although they've got a lot of work to do to come up with a broader platform while still keeping 'Shooters' in the name. I need to find out what billboard laws are like, because I recently bought some land right next to a busy road which serves the right kind of communities that would actually vote SPP too.

Godspeed upside down Jow Forums,
don't let the cess/pol drag ya down.

Yeah the whole Adler ordeal was fucking scary man.
That whole situation just lets everyone anti gun know that if they bitch and moan enough, they can get something banned, or at least more restricted

Tip o' the old slouch hat to you mate.

Or perhaps we buy a few hectares of desert out in the centre somewhere, some place the black fellas don't even go, and found our own Jow Forumsommando's Republic Of Get Fucked Mate. We could being our Jow Forumsomrades in from all all over the world. Guns, impracticably spikey vehicles and horrifyingly dangerous Mad Max shenanigans for everyone!

Sort of - I think the lack of anonymity & shitty laws make it difficult to organiss

I assume you had a look at that guardian article, and the fucking shit show of a comment section? There was one dude doing his level best to explain that it was really nothing new, just an old cowboy gun dolled up to look tacticool, but they weren't having it. Some people seemed to think is was somehow more powerful than any other 12G you can buy, others were wailing about how it was a some cutting edge technology that was designed to shoot faster, reload faster etc. etc. Fuckin hell, for Christ's no one show them how fast you can flog the bolt on a Lee Enfield, and DEFINITELY don't tell them it holds 10 rounds and feeds from a detachable magazine.

Yeah, that's fair I suppose. Pretty sure even knowing about Jow Forums would constitute a firearms offence here. Would be nice to get a few blokes and shielas together and go bunyip hunting somewhere.

Honestly, I try to stay away from any comment section like that, they always manage to make my blood boil.
But yeah, really puts those appearance laws into perspective when you see first hand how fucking retarded these people are, and how brainwashed they've become from the media and anti-gun lobby

Had one in Vic.
Went pretty well, but only about about half the people that said they were gonna come turned up.

Wouldn't mind doing another one at some point, but would be great if we could do it on some property and not at the range.

Attached: Ausfag gats.jpg (2000x3746, 3.6M)

That's quite the collection man, very nice indeed.
And yeah, out on a property somewhere would be preferable, so that everyone can sperg out and Jow Forums as hard as they want. I don't imagine many ranges are particularly amenable to the idea of a mob of surplus clad maniacs in stahlhelms and gas masks rolling up.
I'd love to have somewhere to go do STALKER challenges too. Been way too long since I've spent any time in the bush.

Definitely incorrect.

It's the equivalent of joining the NRA in America.

You get some shooters insurance and a couple other benefits. It's by no means necessary to be a member of the SSAA in order to get a gun licence.

Probably won't get far I don't think. The political climate at the moment is still very strongly anti-gun. They're facing a lot of resistance for just trying to get suppressors made legal for vermin removal people, which is a very small percentage of the gun owning population. I doubt we'll see anything close to allowing recreational shooters to get semi-autos.

>national AGREEMENT not a federal law.
It's a law. The National Firearms Act of 1996 sets out the guidelines for all the states and territories, which can have stricter gun laws, but nothing that violates the act, so semi-autos are still gonna be very hard to get, as will pump-action shotguns and everything else.

Almost impossible. Without a shitload of paperwork, money, and occupational reasons for it you're shit out of luck. Even then you'll struggle big time.

There are separate laws in each of the states, it's not one single law.

Yeah, I had to tap out after a few minutes for fear I was going to throw my work computer through the wall. I understand people who've had no real-life contact with guns being concerned about them, particularly if they don't understand how stringent both the licencing and safe storage legislation is, but wilful, deliberate ignorance is something I find very hard to forgive.

That is correct, but for someone like me, who lives in an urban area, joining the SSAA, and by extension my local range, is by far the most expedient.

There's no requirement for joining the SSAA to use a local range AFAIK. I've been to SSAA ranges without joining and it's worked out fine.

It's a good idea to join just because of the insurance and some ranges will give you a discount if you're an SSAA member but it really does nothing to speed up the process of getting a gun.

As far as I could tell, if "Sports or target shooting" was going to be my reason for applying for a licence, it required a membership to an approved club. "Recreational shooting on rural lands" would probably have been cheaper and easier, but these days I really don't know many people who own big enough patches of dirt for that to be viable.

Yeah, there's plenty of clubs you could join without being an SSAA member if you want to go that route. Should always add rec hunting and vermin control to your licence because if you're caught plinking on some rural land on a target shooters licence you're fucked.

Try find a friend/family member with some land to sign it, even if you're never going to shoot there, the rec hunting reason allows you to shoot anywhere (as long as your targets aren't too fancy) with written permission from the land owner.

Best to add both reasons to your licence. I've only got rec hunting but can still go to ranges under the guise of sighting in a rifle.

That's all good to know. Cheers man. I'll hit up my brother in law, he lives out in the sticks, I'm sure he can find someone to sign off the form for me.

Try to make sure it's someone you know personally, he might have a hard time finding someone who'll sign off without having met you. Don't push too hard either, it might put your brother in law in an uncomfortable situation if he can't find anyone or if he feels awkward doing it.

If he lives on any more than a couple hectares he could probably sign it.

Yeah, that's fair. I might have a talk to dad as well, I'm not sure if his side of the family owns much land any more, but can't hurt to ask.

>P14/P17
>AIA M10B2
fuck yes, pic related is my B1

I'm mates with the guy who organised that first SLMEfest, hopefully we can organise another one sometime at a place that's not Little River.

Attached: 1.jpg (1500x950, 577K)

Yeah I said I'd organise it. Got a mate who has a farm now so...get keen

SMLEfest? Fuck that's cool haha. Without getting too specific, I gather most of you are from down south?