Quick question, Is having your mags loaded all the time bad for your ammo/magazines? should i keep the ammo in its box...

Quick question, Is having your mags loaded all the time bad for your ammo/magazines? should i keep the ammo in its box? and what about Stripper Clips? I have some sks stripperclips and a chest bandoleer and was wondering if loading it up would be bad for the ammo over time.

Attached: magazinevclip.jpg (350x263, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/11076
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creep_(deformation).
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Storing loaded mags has no negative effects on mags.

/thread

Loading mags wears them out.
Storing mags loaded makes them broken.
Storing ammo in a loaded mag squishes it.

Smarten the fuck up

Hooke is spinning in his grave

Unless they are old/milsurp mags with springs made of shit steel. It makes no different for modern magazines.

Storing loaded stripper clips, and enbloc clips, has no negative effects on clips whatsoever.

Storing mags fully loaded will do nothing bad to the spring BUT it can deform feed lips on some mag designs, like the original P-mags or cheap polymer mags. Well built mags will be fine.

If you have a vepr 12 dont do it. The shells deform and you get FTF.

Anyone know where I can get full brass shells? I dont trust my Vepr as a bedside gun.

grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/11076

*cough*

Attached: hello.jpg (206x97, 5K)

Well im a poor 2 guns so all i have is my SKS and my recently aquired, HK P2000.

Attached: 15361_1.jpg (500x404, 22K)

You'll be fine leaving them fully loaded.

My SKS

Attached: P_20170324_140358_NT.jpg (3264x2448, 1.9M)

Chinese. It could be worse. It could be a Yugo.

I thought that Yugo's were the preferred SKS to have?

Nope. Russians are the ones you want as actual shooters.
Chinese Military are also OK.
Chinese export models are plinker tier.
Yugo is bottom of barrel tier.

There are also a bunch of collector countries but those three are the common ones that are easily available.

I think mine is a export but im not to sure.
1/2

Attached: P_20170324_140508_NT.jpg (3264x2448, 1.7M)

Please note, that a Yugo sks is still not a totally shit rifle. But the barrels are not chromed and the gas shut off can flip on accidentally making them considerably worse than the other models.

2/2
I paid around $400 for it which is probably way too much but I just wanted a rifle for innawoods/happening/SHTF stuff.

Attached: P_20170324_141304_NT.jpg (3264x2448, 1.15M)

yeah, that looks like an export. Fine for a plinker rifle or a innawoods rifle. And $400 sounds about normal these days. Probably do fairly well as a hog gun.

Please note, not all Yugo SKSs have the gas valve.

The virgin chink
The chad tula

Attached: 20180224_010528.jpg (1478x2626, 2.72M)

>Quick question, Is having your mags loaded all the time bad for your ammo/magazines?
No

>barrels are not chromed
They have thicker barrels and as long as you arent firing corrosive ammo and do basic cleaning, that isnt a problem.
>gas shut off can flip on accidentally
source? On all the Yugos Ive seen you have to press the switch down and push it over, not exactly something that just just happens with a light tap.

Attached: IMG_0135.jpg (500x500, 92K)

>pmags

Springs WILL shorten under constant stress below the material yield stress ...en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creep_(deformation). Just VERY slowly under "normal" conditions. Fatigue failure is the bigger issue, unless the steel used has a fatigue limit.

Attached: S-N_curves.png (350x227, 84K)

Thank you. I'm tired of linking to the journal articles that show springs have "memory" and will compress or stretch over time.