Tell Me The Wisdom

So I couldn't resist putting it on Lay-a-way, an old Winchester Model 12, 65 years old and in great condition for the age. What can you tell me about these shotties', how does the Model 12 handle its slam fire? Good purchase?

Attached: wm_7380534.jpg (3648x1624, 737K)

>putting a $250 shotgun on layaway

>Summer
You dont even know what a model 12 is do you?

Yeah, in that condition it's a $250 shotgun. Unless it was a commemorative edition or somehow unfired $250-$300 is fair market price. I have 2 1897s, a 10, a 12, and 3 M37s. They're nothing special.

hes right

That isn't the shotgun. I just found some random ass pic

These shotguns aren't made anymore, you best cherish it and don't do stupid red neck shit like slam fire the gun.

Count yourself lucky for finding one in such a good condition

>Red neck shit like slam fire
>Was designed to slam fire

I can't see one on gun broker cheaper than 400

And most of the ones cheaper than 400 are in ratty condition. The one I found was good, wood was pristine.

>gunbroker
Ahh yes, if you ever want to sell something there add $100 to its actual price, relist it ~20 times and someone will eventually buy it. Penny sales, other websites, and pawnshops are your best option.

it wasn't designed to slam fire, slam firing is just a design of their mechanism that allows you to do that. If you actually look on the barrel it'll say something like MOD for modified choke, their long barrels at 24+ inches are used for pheasant hunting.

gunbroker is literally cheaper than every fucking gun store. Aside from stuff I see on Jow Forumsgundeals, If I want a gun that isn't in production or I can't readily find anymore gunbroker is the cheapest

If you wait and monitor it for a while. Don't buy the first one you see. There are deals to be had, but gunbroker is far from the cheapest out there.

>I can't readily find anymore
model 12s are everywhere.

Its definitely the cheapest about, I can't find another website outside of stuff like armslist where I can readily find a plethora of a particular gun for as cheap. Every gun store that has a model 12 is gonna upcharge significantly over gunbroker

as hyperbole not in this specific case. I got a S&W 1006 for 800 dollars on gunbroker after watching it like a hawk for a week, nothing else came remotely close

>Penny sales
penny sales always end high because they attract retards like flies to shit.

No? I've gotten a slew of old shotguns for around $200 after the transfer at pawn shops. I got one of my M37s for $100 even because
>nobody wants old guns with wood on them

Not all the time. USP 45 with M2 utl for $530 after the transfer. There are deals to be had if you're patient.

So as much as we are talking about the price of these things. Are Model 12s quality shotguns? If I remember correctly didn't they use the best materials they had to make em, yeah?

They're built like bricks, its the Remington 870 of pre-1965

For a 100 year old hunk of steel and wood they're perfectly fine for your average hunting escapades.

>If I remember correctly didn't they use the best materials they had to make em, yeah?
I have one from 1914 and its solid as fuck, 26'' barrel with a modified choke, I use it for trap every weekend the shit is great.

Attached: My Model 12.jpg (5344x3006, 3.78M)

where the fuck are you finding these for 250 dollars?

I was thinking the same thing.

Is it a take down or solid frame? Is it a magnum?

I don't think they made 3'' chambers for these

No do they did not, most if not all are 2 3/4