What kind of future gun is this? Doesn't even have iron sights

What kind of future gun is this? Doesn't even have iron sights.

Attached: Starship Troopers.mp4_snapshot_00.22.34_[2018.06.28_17.07.32].jpg (1280x688, 471K)

A mini and a M37 after a trip to the prop room. Rule of cool. The M41A from the Aliens franchise is a thompson with an 870 underneath.

How the hell do they aim these then?

Attached: Starship Troopers.mp4_snapshot_01.16.10_[2018.06.28_17.12.47].jpg (1280x688, 522K)

>what are the technicalities of a work of future space fiction
Land Warrior and a HUD.

Fun fact: The prop helmet all had clear visors on them. They got rid of them because they obscured the view of the actor's eyes and caused dust and light reflection problems.

Dude in the middle has a scope.

Attached: Starship Troopers.mp4_snapshot_01.14.29_[2018.06.28_17.26.48].jpg (1280x688, 383K)

Who needs sights when the aliens are arm's length away

They were shooting giant bugs at close range. Don't look too closely into a stoner movie.

looks like an illuminator to me

Looks like fucking Nerf to me

The powered suit takes care of the targeting....

When the standard strategy is to send 500 guys to the planets surface grouped up arm to arm and hip-firing, I don't think they had time to invest in iron sights.

It was on purpose by the movie director to show that the humans were as mindless as the bugs they were fighting.

Not having iron sights is the future, dummy

Actually the original costume for the soldiers had a fancy helmet visor with a HUD but that turned out to be too flimsy on the actual costume so they just kinda scrapped that.

you don't.

Apparently, the gubbermint don't see nuffin wrong with 8 jarheads each emptying half a mag into a single bug to bring it down, when the bugs have something like 100-1 numerical advantage.

That never made sense to me, in the book they where armed to the teeth.

Verhoeven didn't read it.

>870

Nigga that was a SPAS-12 heat shield

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 275K)

Right, on an 870. The heat shield was just external fluff.

At the start of the movie it took a massive hail of shots from a dozen rifles to bring down one enemy. At the end of the movie the same gun, alone and with just a couple of shots, could bring down an alien of the same size.

He gave up half way through the book and had screenwriter write him a synopsis. Getting rid of power armors was simply due to budget reasons. Too expensive to make a lot of convincing props.

M870's and bunch of SPAS-12 spare parts (fore arms/slides and heat shields) were cheaper than chopping up bunch of SPAS-12's for movie props, even for functional hero props.

Attached: Omaha_courthouse_lynching.jpg (1024x825, 134K)

Just aim for the nervestem.

You do more damage once you’ve framed enough small bugs and raise your player level

Fivelets, damn you.