Milsurp rifles

Are cheap military surplus just dead forever? Are prices only going to get even more retardedly high or are we ever getting more imports of anything fun?

Attached: IMG_2758.jpg (186x271, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Unless someone makes a ton a new rifles and for what ever reason inflates the market with them, no.

No, it’s over. The only mil surplus I would suggest is makarovs. Buy as many Bulgarian makarovs as you can as soon as you can. In 3-5 years they will go the way of mosins. People will be asking 550-600 dollars for them

pretty much.
most stuff that would be surplus today cant be imported. would all be full auto.
im sure there are still some stashes out there but i doubt we will ever see them imported.

But that just means parts kits and the such can come in, the way it went for AKs

Fucking shame, I only got into the game around 2012 and was basically only able to grab a mosin before everything got expensive. Now I cringe trying to find a decently priced SKS

fuck military surplus rifles. Every single one I have had has been a massive piece of shit.

I Love my Tokarev. Great Gun, need more

Attached: 39s6YHL.jpg (1024x768, 95K)

Nice trips. But yeah, cheap milsurp guns are pretty much done. Everything goes through a few predictable phases: First it's the new hotness, then it's old junk, and finally it's a classic antique. Tens of millions of guns were manufactured for the world wars and the Cold War, so for a long time there was a glut of them that coincided with their "old junk" phase, so prices were low and they made up every gun shop's bargain bin. People figured this would go on forever, but of course it couldn't. Within the past ten years, milsurp guns have started entering their "classic antique" phase, and from here prices will only go up. Like I said, it happens to everything. A decade ago I could buy a literal milk crate full of NES cartridges for $10 at any flea market or thrift store. Now they're $10 each, if you're lucky. And so it goes.

What rifles do you have exactly?

It's just so depressing I never got to live through more of that time period. It's also sad less militaries surplus their outdated military hardware anymore

I had a 91/30, a chiang kai shek, a yugo m24 and m48. the only one I am willing to buy anymore is a garand.

Mas49s are pretty fucking sweet tho

This is how I feel about Polish Underfolder AK's. They were about $500 when I wanted one, but I had a shitty job and lived paycheck to paycheck so I never bought one. Now they are $1000-1200 and I have a great job where I could easily afford it, but I cant justify paying that much for a combloc rifle.

Are you me? I have a polish underfolder 80% sitting on my tool box i look at mournfully every day because the kits are $500

so basically you had bad experiences with slavshit, also the chiang kai sheks have a bad rap too.

there is more to surp than slavshit friend.

It's hard to justify buying a outdated abused SKS for $400 if you're lucky

I am sure there is good shit out there, but fuck me if I ever go near another. It's a gamble and not a meme I will fall for again. fool me once, shame on me, fool me 4 times, well fuck it I am out of the game.
>that being said the mosin was at least accurate enough, just a massive pile of shit

I've paid 600 bucks for parts kits

>tfw import bans mean we can't get most surplus 5.56 rifles
>tfw Italian surplus market has Israeli M14 snipers, yugoslav AKs, all sorts of ex Italian military guns
>tfw we will never be able to import any of it
FUCK WHY

Attached: Fresh AR70s.jpg (4000x3000, 2.37M)

yeah there are a few more waves of milsurp to ride so make sure you take advantage

shut up you retard we are literally getting like a million garands back through the next couple years

>It's also sad less militaries surplus their outdated military hardware anymore
"Fewer". And as much as people bitch about the prices of the CMP 1911s, we're frankly lucky to be getting them at any price. Obama would have sent them all to the smelter. That's getting to be the attitude of most governments, even to non-firearm items like uniforms. I don't think things are ever going back to the way they were in the 20th century.

>shut up you retard we are literally getting like a million garands back through the next couple years
1) No, not even close.
2) Unless someone strikes a deal with Second-best Korea, those will all be CMP exclusives.
3) They won't be cheap, which is the point of this thread. Nobody thinks you literally won't be able to buy milsurp guns in the future. It's just that guns you remember paying $89 for when you were 19 will be $700 when you're 45.

no, because militaries are not going to surplus their rifles anymore

and US politicians wouldn't allow them anyway, not without having them get raped first

build a kit user

I doubt there's really any waves to ride, our only hope is parts kits floooding the market

basic bitch mosins will never be more than $300 in today value. sure they might be $700 when you are 45, but a mcodonalds burger will be $25 because of inflation. they have capped out already. their cost has elevated to their value as a decent working .30 cal rifle. there isnt enough historical interest for large scale demand and its just not a good enough made rifle. not to mention millions were made. of course they were selling like hotcakes at $89 in 2005, youd have to be an idiot to not see they were worth a lot more at the time. i bought a crates worth but wasnt making enough money at the time to really throw down. the mosin just isnt iconic enough.

>2) Unless someone strikes a deal with Second-best Korea, those will all be CMP exclusives.
>3) They won't be cheap, which is the point of this thread.

$700 is cheap you imbecile. its incredibly undervalued. when the CMP sells everything, they will be a $2,000 rifle and always increasing. we are in america, they are the iconic quintessential rifle that our country used to win WW2. they are heavily present and glorified in pop culture and media. even no-guns normies know what they look like or know just the name. CMP garands are the best buy in milsurp going right now and its happening before your very eyes. remember when CMP had M1 Carbines at $399 a pop in 2006? what do they go for now?

you can literally buy a garand right now for $650. it wont last 3-4 more years. CMP said themselves they have enough with current demand to last a couple years. show me a better deal in milsurp going on right now. this is the 2018 version of a 2005 any surp.

thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/
other than that, we will just have to hope some private importers break the will of a few stuck up holders in ukraine to bring in some K98s and more mosins. and provided we can wind down the global conflicts there will be more of a chance to bring in surplus from other areas.

>no, because militaries are not going to surplus their rifles anymore
sadly this user is right. we will never get surplus M16s or any post 1970s tech because its all pretty much full auto and developing nations who are still using WW2 bolt guns will never be able to surplus because of international treaties pushed by the leftists and globalists

best bet is to keep spreading the culture of shooting and collecting guns and try to convert as many people as possible until public opinion swings back in our favor, we have political power, and the judicial system under our control. then maybe we can regain the right to full autos, and following that, surplus. maybe your kids will one day order surplus M60s from the CMP

From where are these million garands coming back?

Need to do away with Hughes, registry, GCA and NFA. Till then, it's over.

Probably but I do wish mauser would reproduce old designs instead of shitting out modern sport bolties.

Depends on what you consider cheap. There are a plethora of surplus guns available under $750 all day long.
>But muh $200 Ruger will...
If you're buying surplus for performance, you are a fool.

Milsurp is dead.
The next generation in milsurp would be 60'-80's stuff which is all full auto so we can't get our hands on it.
If Hughes was ever repealed though (which is NEVER gonna happen) we could see 300-400 full auto milsurp.

Attached: bd136e8d9c3f78e8cebe48a2f49ef0f7901da4838df509d9e8bc83bbcd2bf7b0_1.jpg (900x621, 130K)

More importantly where does one acquire that case?