Stale Threads
>
>

Attached: woody.jpg (671x503, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/777729912
robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK91-G3-BLACK-PISTOL-GRIP-USED-HK-25p2909.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stupid question: Is the ptr-91 regarded as a reliable, well built rifle? I've heard bad things about the c308 because of century monkeys. Also might try to hunt elk with a ptr to be special.

Attached: 1355754000058.jpg (2038x2065, 1.81M)

PTR industries are good JDL or whatever they are had some iffy QC and cetme imports from century are okay

Okay I recently bought a cetme parts kit. Ran into some problems.
1. How to tell between an imported cetme and century c308
2. The trigger pack is stuck with the hammer down for some reason. Neither firing position will release the hammer.

Eat shit, commie

It's pretty hard to fuck up reliability on a roller-delay gun, so yes the ptr-91 is reliable.
c308s have varying QC but ptr is consistently good.

PTR is good to go. Old and new. C308's are meh. Old import Cetme's are good. But I wouldn't trust the new ones though.
The recievers are marked accordingly.
Foreign ones have a made in Spain somewhere on them. You safety sear is jammed, take it all apart. Or just buy a new pack.
My PTR in my opinion is more reliable than my fals. But that's just me.

Attached: 20180623_234836.jpg (4032x1960, 3.03M)

Looookkkk what I got guys.
Some longbois

Attached: 20180628_225950.jpg (4032x1960, 3.04M)

That sounds heavy as shit. Hope you don’t have to carry it for too long. Also, slinging my PTR just sucks for whatever reason, way more than any of my AKs or ARs

Attached: 6FBC9C89-658B-4E7D-872B-B627CC7D295E.jpg (4032x3024, 3.97M)

How are the CETME kits from Sarco and Apex?

i miss living in the country

Attached: just a good ol boy.jpg (1857x989, 562K)

>not hunting with a ptr-91 pistol
Lol ok loser.

Just fine for building

I wish I did. Family farm but I live 800 miles away

Attached: C42B512B-BA2D-4274-A658-5C0CC3FD63C9.jpg (4032x3024, 3.07M)

Anyone got some advice? I'm trying to refinish the wood on my PTR and the stock looks great now. But I think the handgrip was made of a much darker type of wood, because even sanding the shit out of it, it's still just too dark.

Is there something I can do to lighten it a bit even artificially, and then put stain over it? I'm really desperate to have this looking right because I'm a huge faggot for wood furniture.

That looks like a piece of shit.

Plz no bully

Attached: ECA936DE-7C65-4D45-8B86-2A861BB83CA1.jpg (4032x3024, 2.68M)

You're an idiot.
Don't listen to him.

That is good to know. Thanks user.

Okay thanks for the info, I’ve only messed with PTR industries however I’ve been thinking of buying a cetme and making a cetme C clone to add to my collection.

where can I find your handguard/bipod combo?

does it require any odd cuts/assembly like a carry handle on a FAL?

Nigger what?

>slinging my PTR just sucks for whatever reason, way more than any of my AKs or ARs

It's a heavier gun than your caliberlet rifles. The fact that you use the proprietary bipod doesn't help either.

Stain the buttstock darker

/BRG/ Bump

as an austrian marked dsa stg58 worth 1400?
Should I purchase?
18in non para

Has anyone ever seen ash furniture for a G3?

No problem man.
Those would be pretty cool, I buy from Sarco and Apex all the time, their customer service is good.
Robert RTG stocks them. The handguard is one unit made by POF and the bipod is an HK one. You can buy the bipod made by POF as well and it's cheaper. Check that website before checking HKParts.
Hell yes it is.
I have not, it would look cool though.

What's wrong with the C308? I've never owned one but I got to shoot my friend's and it seemed alright to me. It didn't suck my dick or anything but I got a good grouping and it felt pretty smooth.

Alot of fit and finish issues compared to PTR. Just like anything else assembled by Century, there are a bunch of turds and a bunch of good stuff. Or you could just go PTR and be good to go right off the bat.

But I already like the color of my stock. Is there really no other way?

gosh darn that is my dream. thanks for the pics user.

nope. sorry. unless you get all new furniture and stain them to whatever shade you like.

Attached: tung-oil-on-pine-oil-finish-on-pine-oil-on-pine-white-oak-floor-boards-labeled-with-different-finish (1024x576, 107K)

The Poverty Tier Rifle 91 gets shit on due to falfags, but feelings aside it's a solid go boom real fucking nato gun. Delayed roller gets dirty quick but she can stay dirty and still hump lead. 8/10.
If I need the ptr fecal matter has already flung from the oscillator. But damn do I love shooting it.

Attached: IMAG0061.jpg (4000x3000, 3.69M)

Decide to upgrade my new Scar instead of spending the money on a new gun. So far I got sights, a small vertical grip, and plenty of magazines. I need to get a super scar trigger. What else would yall recommend? I know there is quite a bit that can be done with it but not sure what's worth it or not. ie (extended rail, magnesium lower for fal mags, bent charging handle, etc etc etc) What do yall think or recommend?

>buy expensive rifle
>it's a pefectly good gun and doesn't really need anything
>look for ways to spend more money on it
>spend money on aftermarket parts
>rifle is exactly how you want it
>now at the point where you're asking other people on how to spend more money on it
t. SCAR owners

Just get a VLTOR Re-SCAR adapter and get rid of that ridiculous Ugg boot.

Attached: 189467546189.jpg (900x596, 41K)

why not make a good rifle better?

That wasn't the point.

If there were things that that needed to be fixed to suit personal taste it would've been identified already without having to ask randomers on the internet. But because no such problems were posited, it comes off as turning to strangers as an excuse to spend more money on an already expensive gun.

>another friday night on Jow Forums
>another week it didnt HAPPEN

Attached: fatman chillin.jpg (1955x1145, 1.38M)

Finished replacing the springs in my grandfathers Garand to fix the light primer strike issue.

Attached: 20180629_195742.jpg (3264x1836, 1.15M)

...and?

NOICE!

did get laid either user?

bump

I got my kit from numrich, just need a barreled reciever since I’m a spacelet and have no tooling of my own, outside of my job. But I can’t bring personal projects.

Thats when you put it in the whole, right?

Will anyone have a sale on PTR 91's for the 4th?

Attached: Owl n Pinger.jpg (4608x3456, 2.51M)

SA has a 6.5 creedmoor M1A
when will PTR have a 6.5 Creedmoor PTR91?

I can't think of any at the moment, however they're always pretty well priced on atlantic.

gunbroker.com/item/777729912
Selling this goy. Comes with the case.

They're our of stock the last I checked :(

For the love of god get a black handgrip. robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK91-G3-BLACK-PISTOL-GRIP-USED-HK-25p2909.htm

no the hole

>minimum bid 900
>buy now 1100

this seems like a poor strategy

It's a used PTR from a private seller with only a few ratings. Try starting that shit at 700, like a sane human being, and buy it now for more like 850. Then you might actually sell it. It's a gun that sells for 900 new right now, and used you're going to eat 20% of that value. No one cares about the case.

Hey what's a rail for a fal that doesn't look like this? I'm looking to mount a comp m4.

Attached: opplanet-aimsports-fn-fal-picatinny-scope-mount-black-mtfn01-77-mt-mtfn01-main.jpg (365x240, 7K)

DSA makes one. But they all look the same

Reee

Just git gud with irons

.t eyesightlet

how's it going boys? shooting this weekend?

Attached: signal-2018-05-27-201505.jpg (1080x1068, 94K)

Attached: spurdoball.gif (800x450, 224K)

Austrian Surpluss ammo just came in. It looks good. Most look pristine. I'd say only 2 per 20 pack would be considered dirty. I'm happy with it. Still might buy the 1080 crate of Malaysian rounds too tough.

/brg/ I'm looking into back country hiking with muh PTR. Any suggestions on mag pouches for quick access? (Deep into the heart of bear/wolf territory)

Rhodesian chest rig repro and a bayonet

Got the bayo. Thanks for the recommend.

I'm deciding between either a PTR 91 GI vs Springfield M1A for hunting feral hogs with (Live in Texas). Ignoring cost, which is better in terms of accuracy/reliability? Overall which is the better rifle? I keep seeing incosistent accuracy reports trying to research either gun, so as long as they are both 3 moa or better I can live with that. Where I hunt it's unlikely I'll shoot a hog past 250 yards.
I don't care much for weight either, I mean otherwise I'd get an AR in .308 and call it a day.

Thank you for your time.

Attached: 1528595102448.jpg (539x960, 43K)

PTR is stupid reliable. accuracy is a qc issue but generally ok

M1A is a lot cooler imo. maybe marginally less reliable. whatever

No prob. They’re great and can hold other stuff. I usually take 3 mags, one in my raifu and two in the rig for plinking or whatever. I put stuff in the others

Would you say accuracy between the two is neglegible?

Go PTR and be done with it. It's cheaper, mags are cheaper, its super reliable, and the best part is that you get LARP around the woods pretending you're in a bush war.

Not him but my experience is that the M1A is maybe marginally more accurate but also a bit less ergonomic.

Just pushed in my locking shoulder and it cycles rounds correctly, closes on go, and fails on no go

But i cannot test fire it until next weekend.

Good shit man!

Is there any significant difference in quality of bipods discounting the absolute bottom of the barrel ones? I mean like $75-100 should get you a perfectly fine bipod right?

Guys, I am thinking of just getting a block of the right kind of aluminum or steel and just machining my own FAL receiver, has anyone done this before? How did it go?

Like G3 bipod or what?

Yes for a ptr

My brother's boss is selling his FAL for $750. The price seems too good to be true. I don't know shit about them, what should I look for when I check it out? Are there any red flags that aren't obvious that I should be wary of?

Attached: 1504321268875.jpg (480x480, 15K)

have an M1A
trying to put boyds wood handguard on it

Cannot take off gas plug
tried kroil overnight, hairdryer, a cheaterbar on a 3/8 wrench...

Any help appreciated ...

(I can't wait to see how hard it's going to be to take off the synthetic handguard and put the wooden one on it...)

What's the country of origin? That speaks for a good deal.

No details yet, was only told it was a FAL. For this price I'm expecting it to be made by Century.

I'm thinking about buying my first semi-auto rifle soon. What's a good rifle for a cheap price?

Ruger 10/22

Need a healthy cleaning and demilling before any work can be done.

Buy it anyways. That's a really good deal. And it's still cheaper than buying a parts kit.

got a amazing deal on a barrley used ta11. only $700. I know p er pole shot on acog for 308 slot but I couldn't pass the deal up. It'll be fun to plink with and I might buy a rmr to put on top of it. Anyone else have the same setup?

>only $700
i sort of want

CAI CETMe clone of a clone with 180 rounds of steel 308, 10 mags, trirail, bipod, enforced receiver, shell deflector, rail welded on good for $600?

Photo of receiver with stuff on it and markings.

Attached: 0614CDCB-72B6-4586-A127-F4C75165FAE9.jpg (3264x2448, 1.74M)