Are sks's hearing safe?

Are sks's hearing safe?
7.62x39 out of a 20" barrel can't be that loud

Attached: qomhBB7.jpg (1500x1000, 964K)

>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHAT?

No gun is hearing safe, not even .22s

Seriously should I bring plugs? Is it really that loud?

No. Enjoy your EEEEEEEEEE faggot

They don't hurt my ears, but I've probably damaged them.

What? Speak up.

WHATS THAT ABOUT ESKIMOS?

Not loud at all. Even quieter in an indoor range.

Okay. Suck my balls.

Sound tends to leak out of the action as it cycles, making it unpleasantly loud. It's easy to solve though. Just hold the bolt handle while firing.

>case has more powder cap than very loud .223

nah OP you can shoot it right next to your ear

you can minimize or even eliminate all sound that you experience if you hold the muzzle to your ear while firing

It's a gun you stupid fuck, every single gun that isn't suppressed while using subsonic rounds is not hearing safe.

theyre not that loud, your ears have to adjust first after a few rounds the sound wont bother you anymore.

Are you fucking retarded? Stop making these threads. Sks is fine. Rifle is good. How about you make a catastrophic failure through the roof of your mouth and shut the fuck up.

Excuse me, gaylord?

Attached: IMG_4677.jpg (1165x1075, 172K)

>t. someone who doesn't own a suppressed .223

Have you ever fucking shot a gun?Jesus

roses are red
violets are blue
guns are loud faggot

Supersonic rounds with a suppressor are hearing safe you retards (unless we're talking .50 BMG but then fuck you), stop comparing your homemade threaded oil filters to actual machined suppressors with baffles.

Leave this board

you mean 22lr

this. alternatively, for a more permanent fix, you can (carefully) apply acoustic sealant to the bolt and any other metal-on-metal contact points/"seams", so to speak.

OP you must be but a yung boi.

GROW UP OR DADDY GIVES THE BITEY TIMES.

Fuckin bimbis cock cuck cunt fgt gtfo

Attached: Decibel Reference.jpg (640x512, 106K)

That's not true. Suppressed supersonic guns end up being in the ~135 dB range and hearing safe.

Sell your guns before you become a statistic and use the QTDDTOT.

Attached: Link retarded.png (312x340, 60K)

OSHA gives a little less than a minute as the permissible time period to be exposed to 135 dB unprotected. So, maybe for hunting where you are firing one or two shots. But after a couple hundred rounds you will damage your ears.

Attached: image.jpg (633x439, 356K)

A: That's not actually how the accumulation works. If it's not constant, it's far less impactful.

B: Even if it were, given the brief nature of a firearms report, you're going to have to string together a lot of shots to equal a full 60 seconds.

which calibers is that and out of what length barrel?
no intermediate cartridge hits 135 suppressed

>Are sks's hearing safe?
Not a bit.
>7.62x39 out of a 20" barrel can't be that loud
It's A LOT better than some similar guns, especially if they have a brake. But it's still pretty loud.
Take a shot and see what you think, but you'll still deafen yourself over time.

I've been shooting guns since I was 15. Never wore ear protection until I got older. The first time you will hear a loud noise then your ears will ring (non-stop, sometimes lasting later that night or the next morning) then just hear a muffled "pop-pop-pop" the next few rounds as the ringing will over power it.

Took a nogunz shooting for the first time once and I offered him hearing protection and he refused it, so he shot my LC9s (3 inch barrel 9mm, 155-160 decibels), he took ONE shot and gave me the gun back as I laughed. I let him him shoot my SKS next and this time he wore hearing protection. My LC9s is just as loud as my SKS. Meanwhile I can shoot all day long without hearing protection because I'm used to it and my hearing isn't that great anymore anyway.

No. Even suppressors don't make them "hearing safe". It's an explosion going off a few inches from your ear at around 180dB.

>Meanwhile I can shoot all day long without hearing protection because I'm used to it and my hearing isn't that great anymore anyway.
Yeah, and you're on the fast track to being totally deaf by 50. Smart...
You've gotten mentally used to it, like diabetics get used to needles. But if you skin had the healing properties of your ear, needles would be a slow suicide.

That is not universally true. The real answer is to see what the test results are for your suppressor and ammo type. There are plenty of rifle suppressors that don't by make the hearing safe level.

Just because you can't hear it well anymore doesn't mean you aren't still damaging your hearing further. And you should have insisted that your dumbass friend wear hearing protection.

Short answer: No
Long answer: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why do you always lie, user?

Attached: Fuck off.png (1102x644, 1004K)

ITT One guy trolling and a bunch of idiots who do not own suppressors..

See: That's well within hearing safe. It's loud but not dangerous.

Don't take my word for it, just take 20 seconds to google it or hit up Youtube. Or better yet, find a friend who actually owns a suppressor and go shooting.

Attached: main-qimg-a744b06e7115721dd7315b497614627d.png (602x803, 348K)

Fuck yes take it from someone who has permanent hearing loss as a result of such antics

>HUH?

Attached: South-Park-Season-7-Episode-10-42-cd63.jpg (512x384, 51K)

Enjoy permanent progressive hearing loss and tinnitus you dumbass

Please remove yourself from the gene pool for the sake of future generations

ARE SKS IN THE SAFE? WHY WOULDN'T THAT BE ALLOWED?

Google threshold for damage. Wear hearing protection and download a sound meter, the fire gun.

>7.62x39
>20" barrel
Did you bring up these facts just to piss people off? Or are you the best shitposter I've seen?

Attached: 1529260966870.png (354x378, 140K)

People replying to you are lying. I've fired my Norinco SKS with no muzzle device without earpro before. No EEEEE, just a little bit of a concussive feel in my left ear and temporary deafness in it for a minute or two after I was done. Right ear completely fine.

Hearing damage is cumulative. Enjoy you're impending doom

Fuck off
Your*
You know what, maybe you are impending doom.

I started wearing ear protection by age 20, but I know how damaging it is first hand, but that's only if you shoot as long as I did and as mich as I did without protection. Every gun owner ought to hear the raw report of their guns at least once, so when my friend refused the first time I didn't insist, experience is the great teacher.

why don't you go find out

Seriously? I have permanent ringing in my ears due to me being young and dumb like you. Permanent like, it never stops. I can hear "eeeeeeeee" as I type this.

> I never saw Frisky Dingo

Just fucking wear earpro faggot, what the fuck is the point in risking hearing damage? If you're shooting an intruder, kill them before worrying about hearing protection, but if you can use it, use it. Don't be an idiot

You know shooting with your mouth open helps equalize the pressure on your eardrums and lessens the damage done. Sometimes you don't have time for ear protection.

Chewing gum should help too then?

I don't know about chewing gum, I don't see how it could hurt. A suppressor is even better tho