I used to think that gas operated weapons ran off of gasoline. Like they had fuel tanks and everything

I used to think that gas operated weapons ran off of gasoline. Like they had fuel tanks and everything.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (462x560, 40K)

T-they don't? Then what's the gas?

Attached: 1524448729191.gif (300x580, 432K)

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Attached: dirty_girls.jpg (360x480, 12K)

When we were kids my friend insisted they ran on batteries

Used to believe when automatic weapons were out of ammunition they’d sound like “click, click, click, click...etc”.

I mean, there are gas operated weapons.

Attached: flamethrower.webm (1280x720, 1.81M)

wait what the fuck is this? What's going on with the gas pipe or whatever it is called in english above the chamber

because movies and vidya do that.

I used to think that all guns used the same bullets but their power came from the model of the gun

Same, but I thought something like most guns just used their own ammo or some shit like that, can't remember what I was thinking. I blame games like call of duty for this,. Most weapons are actually the same caliber but different stats

That part is called the gas piston, and it’s probably just a bit of fouling.

I thought batteries could be used as bullets!

I used to think Jow Forums was a weapons board.

I think Brits block off gas tubes because it makes it easier to legally obtain. I know if your AR is "straight pull", you can have it in Bongland.

I used to think a rifle's stock had nothing to do with mechanical accuracy and that seemingly over priced ones were just for feel.
I also didn't know most optic mounts can't track better than the 90% range until you get into 3000$ and up area

When I was a kid I had Co2 BB pistols and I'd see airsoft guns online that used "green gas". So when I heard "gas operated firearm" my mind went to refilling the co2 tank on an AR15.

I used to think rifles were weapons for shooting long distance (excluding automatic fire)

automatic firing weapons were all machine guns (assault rifles, and submachine guns were just small machine guns hence sub)

sniper rifles were rifles with scopes

and a shotgun shot a really big bullet hence the big recoil

of course the first games i ever really played with heavy gunplay was gta vice city.

Me too. I thought the Desert Eagle was just a regular pistol and all the extra size was for the gas and engine.

I knew a kid who thought bazookas fired lasers. Can't think of any misconceptions I had, other than the shooting the whole bullet thing.

nigger that is a stock sks

When powder burns, gas forms, gas then pushes action.

I used to think there was something called and assault rifle.

My father still does

Ohhhhhhh

I used to think 9mm was an adequate round until had to put my sick boxer down and I, to my horror, found out it took multiple rounds.

That's ok. I used to think niggers were people

I put down a 5 year old race horse that broke two of its legs with .22wmr in one shot. Learn shot placement you knob.

When I was like a little kid, Star Wars was my first movie with abundant gun usage in it. So, for a while I unironically thought all guns were blasters. I'd see a cop IRL carrying a gun and I'd imagine it firing blaster bolts.

when I was a little kid I used to think the entire bullet casing and all would go out the barrel despite the fact I would frequently watch my dad shoot and even shoot 22 calibers myself when I was a kid, It didn't even occur to me that entire bullet leaves the barrel until I was like 7.

hurr durr go back to Jow Forums durr!

Beep beep

That is why you should call Gasoline with some part of the Benzene word, like diesel fuel.

I though it meant that there was a canister of compressed gas that would cycle the action after a round had been fired. I guess I was half-right.

I once had a heated argument with a kid in middle school about whether the M1 was a semi-automatic or a bolt action.
I eventually convinced the kid that the technology did not exist to make a semi back then.
I still feel bad about that one.

This is epic

When I was a small child I thought that guns worked by the hammer hitting the projectile so hard it flew fast enough to create a muzzle flash and loud bang, and that's why the stronger the gun you were firing the harder you had to pull the trigger