What is the best method if you're on the run and you need to get through this as fast as possible without getting...

What is the best method if you're on the run and you need to get through this as fast as possible without getting shrekt?

Attached: HTB1Mp_VHXXXXXb8XVXXq6xXFXXX3.jpg (800x600, 295K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mine-clearing_line_charge
youtube.com/watch?v=euuGd4Xetos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have it shelled hours in advance with railguns, as in guns so large they had to be brought in by rail. It's the only way to be sure.

You don't get through that shit. That's its whole purpose. No wire cutters or armor with treads? You're fucked.

Bolt cutters.
You can get through a single strand of razor/c-wire with 3 cuts. Use engineer tape or heavy work gloves to move the wire out of the way when you've made your cuts

I guess if you have to, duct taping your vital arteries like wrists, neck, etc. would help. Large logs may be piled onto it and deform it, but again this all takes time.

I like your initiative, user

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (2048x1536, 164K)

>treads
You say that, but I've seen tanks, APCs and excavators all get stuck in the wire. Thankfully I only had to personally deal with the excavator but it was a fucking nightmare.

Pick the person you like the least and throw them into the thing and use them as a stepping stone.

those mother fuckers can stop armored treaded vehicles if done right

Attached: c wire.png (485x256, 200K)

after they get jumped on 20+ times they can run a different direction and either be a distraction or have a better chance of getting away.

Would using a small shovel and quickly digging a divot in the dirt just large enough for you to shimmy under the wire work?

joking... just throw your clothes on it, then one person goes first and the rest get the confidence to do it too

Don't cut this shit. I had a buddy that cut it and it whipped around and cut off his hand.

define stuck?

Attached: 1291782456687.jpg (640x480, 30K)

its just c wire its not real sharp like razor wire is. use gloves and move it out of the way jump it if low enough or go under nether using a stick to lift the wire away from you

Things that never happened the fucking post

I heard storys of soldiers using stretchers, ladders or mattresses to throw atop of wires to cross over.

>not real sharp

As someone who made the mistake of using non C Wire gloves to set it up once it's fucking sharp enough

Never mind that if properly staked down you're never going to be able to move a triple strand enough by hand to get through it without just getting completely tangled the fuck up in it

Attached: one trick pony.jpg (1280x960, 150K)

you should feel fucking bad for even trying to post something so unbelievably goddamn stupid.

2 words

Bangalore Torpedo

>it whipped around and cut off his hand.

Kill yourself

>fast

A pair of stilts or polevaulting

different user here.
We in the german Army get told and teached to specifically NOT smash bardbed wire with tanks unless absolutely necesarry.
Why?
Because it´ll simply get pulled into your treads and will cause massive damage over the course of the next few hundred meter after which the tank will simply stop due to the damage to it.
Sometimes you wouldn´t even make it that far.

Usuallly you just blow it up in some way.
Best artillery or air support because any enemy will surveillance their barricades like such and probably has put exploseive or other traps into it as well.

>that guy poking it with a stick

Using this.
Pretty effective

Attached: file.png (1269x711, 1.42M)

the blood splatters from shooting your own guys isn't going to rust it quick enough for anyone to get by, ivan

Can't you just psyche yourself up and run through it as fast as possible and just bandage yourself up later?

I'm thinking these concertina wire things are mainly a psychological barrier and not much else.

yeah, try it.

have you ever seen that shit up close? It's literally a sturdy steel band with straight up razors every few inches. You couldn't pay me enough to try and cross properly laid concertina.

Attached: Concertina_wire_close-up.jpg (1183x1200, 353K)

not that it's a "quick" solution, but apparently a rug is the perfect thing to throw on top and get over with

Do a barrel roll.

If you dont keep one rolled in the truck you're a garbage insuergent. Dont @ me on this.

Great grandma was a prison guard for a female prison in Illinois for years. They Had a prisoner literally disembowel herself on razor wire after she fell part way up the fence. I want to meet the super human who can plow through that shit

No, just... no

for starters you can't run through it at all, it's coiled and the gaps aren't large enough, never mind if it's triple strand, it's also staked into the ground so it's not moving for you

Secondly the barbs are designed to catch anything and hold, if it's clothes you're going to be tangled up to Hell, if it's skin you're going to be bleeding and bad

These are the methods that senior NCOs and officers have told me work. When I was playing OPFOR recently I ran into some double strand c-wire; threw my rifle over the top and took me about a full minute to carefully lift up the top strand and cross between the strand with only a few snags. Properly set up c-wire will be staked down every few meters making it harder to do what I did.

Also yes, dont try to use any vehicle to go over, the wire is designed to get tangled around the axles

Thermite

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1200x800, 304K)

So I heard you need something that doesn't get critical components easily tangled with wires and can pull apart a path for little duckling infantry...

Attached: armored-trooper-votoms-threezero-1-12-action-figure-atm-09-st-scopedog_HYPETOKYO_1.jpg (800x800, 69K)

Fuckin hurdle that shit, user
it's like you don't even super-soldier...

I don't care if it's Russian. This is the coolest fucking thing I've ever seen.

I currently have a bunch of scrap carpet in the back of my truck, a spare tire, some pain cans, an old hose, some chain... I think I'll be fine.

lol no

US has a similar setup. Used it to clear mines during one of the battles for fallujah.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mine-clearing_line_charge

APOBS. It's basically a 60m long tubesock with grenades spaced apart every 18 inches inside of it and a rocket attached to the end of it to expand it out over an obstacle it creates a cleared pathway like pic related.

youtube.com/watch?v=euuGd4Xetos

Attached: P4130638_1.jpg (1716x1287, 1.11M)

Heh nothing personal, kid.

Attached: TeERw4P.jpg (652x581, 180K)

RIP his hand

I'm pretty sure you can can get over it enough if you get your PT in order. Pretty sure me and a few buddies from my old SF squad could just hop it. Had a similar situation with them back in the day:

>start my service out Carolina
>join a unit based out of Illinois, make a name for myself doing high profile ops throughout the country
>eventually put in my papers, go freelance, get picked up by a low level org in a different sector, looking to eventually move up
>spend most days with my dick in my hand patrolling my side of the field, largely uneventful
>taking some R&R with a few of the suits and a former crewmate when suddenly we get hit hard from below
>I go down, lose consciousness for a while
>wake up in some sort of covert underground facility, large, empty
>turns out the team that hit us heard about my past, wanna recruit me to their squad
>Tell them I don't operate anymore and try to gtfo
>suddenly, hostiles burst in to facility, room erupts in violence, I take a nasty hit
>hostiles extract before we can hit back
>I lose my shit, tell the new squad I'm in, and to grab my gear from my house so we can go fuck them up
>new squad gets back with my shit, we bait the hostiles into hitting us again on our turf
>op is going bad, we're taking heavy losses
>learn the hostiles had hit a few of my former crewmates who are now disabled
>oh hell fucking no, now I'm pissed
>come back like a bat out of hell, hostile group is on the retreat, but they've dropped more of my squad
>we're a skeleton crew running out of time
>I've got to deliver the package to the other side of the facility, but the aliens are on me
>it has become a close quarters engagement, a nasty tangle of clawing, curses, and elbows
>only one thing to do
>extend my arm as far as I can
>take a running leap
>and FLY LIKE AN EAGLE
>TO THE SEA
>FLY LIKE AN EAGLE
>LET MY SPIRIT CARRY ME
>FLY RIGHT INTO THE FUTUUUUURRREEE
>TUNE SQUAD WIIIIINNNNSSSSS

why didn't they invent barb wire for warfare in the medieval age? Was it just too damn hard, a waste of resources, and time consuming compared to wooden stakes?

>wire
Even commo wire.

That thing is a BITCH to carry though. It takes two men and each pack weighs like 60 lbs so they aren't going to be carrying much else. I had to carry a pack on some patrols and it was never fun. There's no way in hell 1 guy on the run is ever going to be employing that thing.

Attached: 110404-M-SB982-087_1.jpg (1428x952, 751K)

>some pain cans
>I'm gonna open a can of pain on yo ass

Same here dude, my buddy was loading a berret 50 cal and he had someone toss him a round and it went by his head.
The pressure exploded his head and boom, It exploded

A rug or roll of carpet. Throw it over it and climb over.

whats its melting point relative to anything on the tank? Could we burn it off?

US has miclic too.

Clear IEDs was the stated intention, but really it was to send a message. Scared the shit out of em, I saw the Shockwave myself and I was outside of the city.

Wire was hard to produce in large quantities without machinery

This. You have to imagine the work that would go into making any kind of wire with only blacksmithing tools from the 1500s.

Tree branches/boards

What about small portion of explosives?

Wasn’t the Army developing a thermite/det cord hybrid for dealing with this?

We had an e-3 drive a loader into wire and spool up about 15 ft of the stuff in the rubber tires....

I've seen some shit.

Attached: 20180605_111351.jpg (183x326, 45K)

The general idea existed. They had spearheaded fences and stockades. Imagine those spearhead designs, except actually sharp as fuck, and on the tip of every iron bar. Definitely not hopping over that shit without a tall enough ladder.

razor wire just gets more tangled by explosives, terrible shit to deal with

I got tangled in some old fudd ass forgotten rusted barbed wire left in a random field once and it took me a good 10 minutes just to get my pants unhooked.
Nothing cut me because unless you thrash around like a panicking deer there's no force behind the points. Really more annoying than anything.
I imagine the same applies to razor wire. Given enough time and patience you could navigate through it like a thorn bush.

Attached: GodDamnIt.jpg (452x308, 126K)

it's called a bangalore torpedo

thick leather blanket and pray you jump over it fast enough

jump over it. put a tree or piece of plywood over it and walk over. use a $10 wire clipper or tin snip from home depot. part it with your hands and just walk through it sideways in a slow and careful manner.

i mean the possibilities are endless, as long as you arent assaulting a position with a machinegun that shit is easy as fuck to bypass. its sole purpose is to slow attackers down enough to shoot them

the blades are like an eight of an inch long, theres no way that happened. at most you get cut just past the layer of your skin, IF you arent wearing clothing

You can use your battle buddy.

Attached: file.png (500x375, 282K)

Attached: file.png (460x305, 317K)

>>fast

takes 1 minute and 30 seconds to rig and place

cant you just use your flash hider to latch onto one of the wires and shoot it to break it? then do it for each wire you need to cut to get through?

>and probably has put exploseive or other traps into it as well.

Literally fucking no one put's explosive in their own fucking barricade. That defeaats the entire fucking purpose of having a secure barricade if you can just lob a grenade at it and blow the whole thing to hell.

take a look at and ask yourself if a tank cant get through it how can a fucking person run through it?

razor wire is different from barbed wire faggots.

Attached: 2-1iwqk7.jpg (620x413, 128K)

>It takes two men

So! So does any crew served weapon an dthe military has a fuck ton of those.

>and each pack weighs like 60 lbs

LoL! no it doesn't.

>so they aren't going to be carrying much else.

And? It was never designed to. Any small unit leader dumb enough to order 1 guy to deploy an APOBS would be fired from his billet at the speed of Mach Jesus and most likely be brought up on judicial charges.

>And right here is exactly where you fucked up

>razor wire just gets more tangled by explosives, terrible shit to deal with

Apobs and Bangalores are expressly designed to deal with obstacles like razor wire and they work very very well.

i mean, yes, but also no

the wire is a lot sharper than regular barbed wire so you can expect that just the tension in the wire is enough to pierce the skin, furthermore as stated before, properly set up wire won't let you through, the gaps are too small and the thing is as tall as you are even if you could work your way through in 10-15 minutes, that is probably more than enough time for the people looking for you to catch up with you

i'm sorry OP, but this stuff just works.

you're a fuckwit, we're talking about someone on the run, presumably hot pursuit, your average kommando is not going to have acces to that shit, and wouldn't be capable of outrunning people with it if he did. even if it was four people that is an amount of gear wasted when you realize that using a sturdy piece of cloth will also do the trick

He also explicitly stated

>What is the best method

Literally just throw a fucking piece of wood ontop and walk over it

So a GI carrying standard military equipment designed specifically is a far stretch outside of the realm of possibility but a GI running around the jungle with a rolled up carpet is perfectly logical?

Right!

Attached: ok.png (225x225, 33K)

There is literally something like 1 tree for every 50 square miles in places like Iraq.

>your average kommando is not going to have acces to that shit,

It's literally standard issue kit for barricade breaching ops.

>you're a fuckwit,
His quads rape your dubs soooo!

A few years back we had a few inmates escape from a prison in Texas using books taped over their chest, arms, and legs. I can't remember the full details but needless to say they were found dead in a nearby river by some bosses.

>whats its melting point relative to anything on the tank?

It's made of steel so pretty much the same as the tank.

Checked

Steve Mutha Fuckin McQueen

It's thin so it's actually a lot lower than the tanks steel, but not the rubber on the guide wheels.. a PFC with gauntlets and bolt cutters are probably the best solution.

You probably wipe from front to back

Dude I had to stand in bundles of this while distributing it out of a 5 ton. Slipped and it cut my foot clean off. Got discharged for it.

How is a bangalore not fast?

Like other people said, spiky shit as a deterrent existed, just not barbed wire itself.

For example, the Chinese used lang xian, which are sort of like pikes if they had a baby with barbed wire. It's basically a bamboo spear with the branches still on. Later versions may have been smeared in poison, had metal barbs/hooks in the branches, or even made the branches entirely out of metal.

The idea was to use them in formations to slow attackers down with essentially a portable thorn bush. All kinds of shit gets tangled in them: enemy sword or spear blows, arrows, enemy clothes or gear, etc. Even if it doesn't hit them directly, it's still pretty distracting to have a the branches waving everywhere (which works to distract the enemy and to distract your poorly trained conscripts from seeing the enemies' faces and wigging out).

Attached: pn40003251o7ss4ssp8.jpg (640x374, 32K)

What's odd is while it will cut you its more like fucking glue or velcro. It gets stuck to your uniform, and is a bitch to get out of without tearing your shit up. My unit uses the shit out of it, and I always do my best to find any detail other than laying that shit.

Lol I like how the two homos who replied to this post before me are like "th-the US has one too"

Why is everything a pissing match with you fags, no one gives a shit. This poster is just admiring some hardware. Russian or American it's cool.