Allright, Jow Forums

allright, Jow Forums

you have 10 seconds to explain why you are not carrying a stick in your edc.

Attached: yawara.jpg (1200x1440, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mwMkDEZ60GM
youtube.com/watch?v=A7sHHH012Ns
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chubb_detector_lock
youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is that for fishing line? or butt stuff

Why would I need one?

youtube.com/watch?v=mwMkDEZ60GM

we had scheduled terrorism training yesterday (for gov emplyees - just a few hours of basic info on how terrorists operate nowadays, followed by a session at the range).

One of the things mentioned for edc was the "small stick", aka kubotan or yawara stick. The contractor who was doing the demo had one that looked like he made it from an old wooden clothes hanger (the kind with a horizontal bar to hang your pants).

Okay but I’m a maintenance guy in a factory, I’ve got wrenches and punches that would work better. Not to mention the ability to conceal a pistol in my tool box if needed. I can also fit pic related in the pocket of any pants I’m wearing and it can’t be seen when I’m not at work and can’t carry. Seems more like a gimmick to me.

Attached: 30DF3839-DD79-4E86-A98E-D52029B24508.jpg (4032x3024, 2.64M)

Could you not just do this with a well made pen?
That way it is legal to carry around everywhere and you could write stuff with it.

bc there's already one permanently affixed to my pelvis

>"Ayy yo, gibme your monie nigga"
>*Unzips dick*
>"Ay.... W-what the fuck?..."

Attached: Fuckin wot m8..png (463x432, 219K)

>Now don’t turn this rape into murder. I like me some chocolate boipussy.

Because my sounding rod gets dirty if I carry it with me all of the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=A7sHHH012Ns

you could, although airport security is supposedly getting wise to tactical pens.

There are also alluminum ones (just search your local store for a kubotan, costs like 3 bucks or so).

mostly for getting through security areas into those dreaded gun-free zones, and shit. Hell, I could just use pic related, and keep the kydex on.

Attached: akhr20.jpg (4128x2322, 3.03M)

250+ for a tactical scalpel. ...no

Because I carry a gun when I'm sober and pepper spray when I'm drunk.

Why should I carry a stick without a blade in it?

Attached: _MG_7203-900x600.jpg (900x600, 140K)

Just carry the gun into the bar pussy it's not like they're going to search you.

I love self defense demonstrations that require the attacker to be standing still lightly grasping the wrist with one arm.

$250? I only paid $120 iirc.

that's why it's called a demonstration. To demonstrate, in slow motion, accompanied by commentary, what the hell is it that you're trying to do. Because otherwise the "attacker" would get seriously hurt, and you wouldn't see shit.

Well not if your in a good neighbourhood, but then you dont need a gun anyways

Russia-fag here. What's the purpose of this device? Have seen it a lot in a showcase-ccw-threads. My slavmind can not understand, looks like whistle, imo.

Sticks never jam, knives can

I carry a cane, so....

Этo явapa . Eй хyячaт в бoлeвыe тoчки, тaкaя вoт нeлeтaльнaя caмooбopoнa. Чиcтo oбopoнитeльнoe opyжиe. Хoтя caмa cитyaция, кoгдa тeбя aтaкyют пepвым, a ты зaщищaeшьcя, зaвeдoмo дaeт пpeимyщecтвo в пoльзy пpoтивникa

You hold the stick and hit people with overhands or stabs. Basically, grip a pen with both ends and start swinging. Same concept.

Fixed blades don't jam.

pretty much.

You can get a "tactical pen", made from high grade alluminum, or just a fancy metal/polymer/wood version of a simple stick, and use it to strike pressure points/eyes/neck/etc.

Thanks, mates! But the same could be done with a long key, eh?

Attached: images.jpg (202x249, 5K)

Yep.

Not true. I've seen them jam before. Stick is more reliable.

idk user people seem to be able to follow UFC pretty well

> someone grabs your wrist
> poke him in the hand with your glorified dildo instead of sinking your knuckles into his chin
Sounds like a plan

geee, let me think.

striking a pressure point with a small area of contact, impact weapon

vs

striking wherever with a fist.

that's a tough one, user...

Yeah cause finding Mr McNiggerrobber's pressure points is so much easier than throwing a good punch.

Pressure points, joint manipulation and all that shit only works if you already landed at least one hit, good luck using them on a fresh opponent without him knocking your jaws into space.

Grug no carry stik. Grug bring rock brand rock. Grug no berry pickin treelover.

grug just salty cause Grug no permit to CC stik.
Tribe chief big nose ban assault rock, now grug no have rock, and stik win!

Are modern skeleton keys called something special? Last time I tried to find a lock using then I couldn't find shit. I know they exist in Europe.

Try this
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chubb_detector_lock

Will do, thanks

How about I just ram one of the knives I have on me into their fucking neck
A god damn stick?

I have a gun that I carry that shoots bullets. Sticks are for dogs, friendo.

how about I put you in jail for excessive use of force?
and after going to jail for killing someone who you could have taken down by other means, you no longer have a gun.

Bet you wish you had a stick, now, friendo...

don't forget your stick, leftenant
youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM

I used to, but someone stole it.
Wish I'd listened to Jow Forums.

Attached: the_stick.png (1066x700, 556K)

Krug carry club all sun turn

>and after going to jail for killing someone who you could have taken down by other means, you no longer have a gun.
I'd wake up, from the communist nightmare that is apparently your life, on a free country where that doesn't happen.

>how about I put you in jail for excessive use of force?
Hello yurop

Krug not understand new advancements of stick with rock on it. Krug still living in stick age.

TSA confiscates kubotans and tactical pens

>trees everywhere
why do I need to carry a stick
should I carry around dirt too?

What about sticks? They don't show up on metal detectors.

Rock stick break easy no good
Wood stick good no break

But not screw drivers.

Attached: DC42B4DC-98BE-4CC3-AAC5-5A210DB8088B.jpg (2281x3024, 2.32M)

Why not both?
Also, fpbp

Wrong. You always need a gun. Shit can go down anywhere.

Carry both - a gun and a sounding rod.

>chub detector
owo what's this

In the land of the free, if you are legitimately in danger of your life you can use any force necessary. What’s it like being able to defend yourself with a spoon while Muhammad and the cops are raping your children.
Ohhhthatsucks.jpg

because I don't need the latest fad weapon.

If I need something that isin't a gun, I have a wire PVC tubesaw. I've only ever pulled it out once in anger, and the asshole brandishing the knife decided he didn't want to get strangled to death by 3 feet of wire.

Your carry item speaks about you. It helps if you can use it too, but I can tangle a hand faster than I can get stabbed. Against two knives I'd be dead kid. A karambit? Super dead.

>all violent encounters are also lethal force encounters
Press F for user’s black cherry when he’s getting nigger raped after they find out he killed one of them gud bois

hehehe chubb

Am I drunk or does this make no sense?

>implying I don't

Attached: edcstick.png (1288x966, 1.44M)

i don’thave any room left because of mypocket sand

it's a detector lock, made by a guy named Chubb.

And it detects if it has been tampered with.

The key here, is "in mortal danger" (actually, the criteria is "under constant, present, unlawful attack"), and you are allowed to defend yourself with whatever is to hand, that is necessary, and adequate, to stop the attacker.
The key is "stopping the attack" - you are under no obligation to match the assailant's weapon, or have a fair fight.

Problem is - not all fights escalate to the point where using terminal force is justified. If you have an argument with a drunk dude, who thinks you insulted his (equally drunk) girlfriend, it's ok to deck him, it's not ok to shoot him.

Of course, if he pulls a knife, and you pull a gun, and he doesn't back off, you're free to pull the trigger (as our instructor put it: two to center mass, security shot to the head, and a warning shot in the air, in that order).

Nigga sticks arent pieces of sharpened steel capable of slicing or stabbing thru flesh and vital arteries

If someone physically attacks me and they are of a physical size where they could seriously physically maim me or kill me, even without criminal intent to do so, i am in my rights to draw and use lethal force to protect myself. To make sure its super legal id also be screaming to get off or i will kill you, move back or i will kill you, get off or i will kill you. Verbal commands make you look like the defender in an attack especially if it gets recorded.

to quote The Duke:

man gets shot that's got a gun, there's room for reasonable doubt. Man gets shot that hasn't got a gun, what would you call it?

Besides all that strutting and macho posturing, there is no need to escalate everything to the point of dropping the hammer, when the situation could be resolved with much less force.

Like I said - the victim is under no obligation to give the attacker a "fair chance", but if your first thought is to respond to each and every threat with lethal force, because they "could hurt you", that makes you a perfect candidate for the "don't ever give guns to this man" list.

I didn't just dream up the idea of having a kubotan/yawara stick in your EDC - I got it from the instructor, who is ex military (iirc, he mentioned his last stint being Libya in 2k13, before going over to the private sector).

Someones never been in a fight. Ever.

Attached: image.jpg (599x554, 210K)

brings a stick to a gun fight

Why in the fuck would I carry a stick instead of some nasty pepper gel for a nonlethal option? Yes there are degrees of force/response to use in the case of an attack, and a gun is not always necessary or warranted, but a stick is pretty low on my list of options.

The technical term is "warded lock".

Stick is strong and can beat him
Stick is pointy and can puncture him
Stick is innovative and can become two sticks when broken
Stick is multipurpose

>as our instructor put it: two to center mass, security shot to the head, and a warning shot in the air, in that order

Your instructor is a fucking CODkid-tier idiot.

Warning shots... Christ, I need more bourbon.

Attached: 1517224785135.jpg (250x250, 8K)

Shit can't argue with that, guess I'm buying a stick to EDC.

I mean real long stick from forest not shit edc stick
Dumb N-crackwhore fuck

LEL

>ex military
>multiple tours in the middle east, incl. Iraq, Libya.
>CODKid

get off the internet, junior.
He specifically mentioned the warning shot last, to be able to say that you fired a warning shot, in case someone asks.

oh yeah, forgot to mention, he was chad Polish army, not a virgin usmc, so there's that.

Not that dude but I would definitely think twice about accepting somebody as an authority on civilian self-defense laws just because they were in the military, that's about as sensible as asking your barber for legal advice. Anything that involves "warning shots" is a definite tip-off that they don't know what they're talking about.

>yet another IQand a fucking pollack to boot

Pottery. But hey, by all goddamn means, go fire a warning shot with your carry in a DGU and have it lame on some kid somewhere, see how that works out for you.

Attached: 1529156200847.jpg (1024x576, 160K)