There is a parallel universe where Kalashnikov's rifle was never invented and the SKS became the world's most famous...

>there is a parallel universe where Kalashnikov's rifle was never invented and the SKS became the world's most famous rifle in it's place
How do you feel about this?

Attached: best_rifle.jpg (389x560, 57K)

indifferent

It'd be interesting to take a peak into that universe and see what a select fire SKS might look like. SKS underfolders, an SKS RPK-equivalent. SKS's are more aesthetic than AK's to begin with, but that's just my opinion.

Or a universe where the US adopted the FAL.

Underfolding bayonets are more common, and Russians put more emphasis on submachineguns.

That sounds pretty good to me. I'd like to see where they took the PPs-43 in the decades after world war 2 instead of just exporting them to the third world.

For the SKS itself, they probably would have quickly taken to something like the SKS-D/M?

wouldn't they just adopt one of the other competing rifles instead?

>no world where AK stands for Avtomat Korobov

Did Simonov submit any designs to the trials that produced the AK as we know it? I just love the SKS design. It had so much potential, and it was quickly thrown the the side by the soviets and issued only to rear echelon troops and allied countries.

Attached: tasteful_bubba.jpg (259x194, 5K)

I've heard a few cases of the SKS being issued to artillery troops as late as the Soviet Afghan war, as well as the AKM/AKMS.

The SKS would get replaced eventually. The soviets were in love with select fire, and I'm going to go ahead and say a 10 round integrated magazine would hold it back once the west showed up with our half dozen different 20 round rifles.

as a canadian this suits me just fine

AKM/S got issued in the Soviet Afghan war not only for rear-guard use, also for suppressor hosts. If you're limited by speed you want to maximize the energy by using the heaviest projectile you can, after all.

>"tasteful_bubba.jpg"
user what the fuck is wrong with you. This is disgusting.

Attached: Captain-Pavel-Viktorovich-Bekoev-commander-of-Soviet-GRU-Spetsnaz-Detachment-177-captured-U.S.-Rifle (960x658, 91K)

Attached: 1_zpsvxuzmp1j.jpg (787x555, 55K)

Could be interesting. But what would be the western equivalent? SAFN? Are they built upon?

Attached: 210_1.jpg (650x227, 32K)

Attached: IMG_20180629_131251.jpg (3072x4096, 2.52M)

We would have to imagine what the Russian copy of the M16 platform would have brought.

>select fire sks.

You don't need to imagine.

Attached: VZ-58.jpg (4096x2304, 2.17M)

Hillary 2020 timeline. nt.

bump

Attached: revealing.jpg (1334x750, 75K)

AK is for gay. Yes, I like the SKS. Strupper clips are cooler and less dumber. I bet you fags can't do anything with a dong shaped magazine in your hand. HA GAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY

For com-bloc nations, I don't think that it would change much. However, it would have been a more tedious manufacturing process, so the spread of arms across the developing world wouldn't have been so much. Pic related.

Attached: wm_6230294.jpg (640x480, 64K)

Best post thank you

>there is a parallel universe where your waifu exists

Attached: Feels Good Man 1.png (2015x2188, 287K)

The Chinese tried making a select-fire SKS and it didn't turn out so good...

Attached: Type 63.jpg (1280x782, 100K)

not really though
>rotating bolt
>striker fired

the short-stroke gas piston and stripper clips are about the only similarities

Niether of those guns have a rotating bolt you retard.

It took them some time but they got it.

Attached: Chinese-Type-81.jpg (750x350, 77K)

You're welcome.

Attached: full auto vz. 58 with Magpul handguard.webm (640x358, 2.65M)

mostly don't care but I actually think most SKS is a better gun than most AK as all I care about is groups and the ak opens out a lot at 200 yards and up, sks is more accurate generally and to me that's what matters

which is also why I don't care much about either

An updated SAFN is just an FAL

Attached: 1525099065782.jpg (736x997, 89K)