BUBBA NO

Attached: 8989364_02_custom_mosin_underfolder_640.jpg (640x427, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3UVa3xn-FzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You merely adopted the Fudd. I was born into it; molded by it.

Attached: 736_2.jpg (1024x288, 31K)

It’s just a mosin, nothing of value was lost.

Is that what I think that is? What did you do

Attached: 69a.jpg (680x649, 51K)

If its a basic bitch 91/30 then it doesn't matter at all, there are so goddamn many of them.

>Is that what I think that is?
What do you think this is?

Attached: 736.jpg (1023x446, 48K)

>putting a sight on the bolt
How bizarre.

>Hex receiver
By God.

Where is it suppose to go when the whole rear is the slide?

Attached: 26D7E50B-6125-402C-B226-A603C1040582.jpg (500x667, 70K)

If you are going to bubba a mosin, might as well drill and tap the receiver to install a rail over the bolt, on which you'll install a peep sight.

>INGTON
>MORY

It replaces the original cocking piece with one that has a dovetail at the top for mounting the sight. Pacific Gun Sight Company model R1.

SPORTERIZED

Seriously tho besides the bolt handle thats sick. The mosin is made for BFG

Attached: 1542231462421.jpg (800x356, 171K)

Okay, that's just satirical

>/out/

Look at the miller lite rug and say that

>the barrel markings
Oh boy, looks like bubba found a Remington.

Attached: 1516241423577.jpg (568x568, 23K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180926-000951.png (1280x720, 547K)

Name a single flaw. All magazines should double as a side arm. INCLUDING the magazines of that sidearm.

stripper clips should too.

Not all sporterized Mosins are necessarily Bubba.

Attached: IMG_9974.jpg (800x600, 304K)

Heavy and cumbersome

>failing to tell someone to get out by linking them to the outdoors board
>failing to even link the board properly
You get out first, newfag

>$7.30 final price after modifications
fuck. we fucked up.

>$7.30
Back then you can buy a modified fucking rifle. Now a days it's lunch money.

Even adjusted for inflation it's less than or equal to a day's pay for any half-decent job.

Just kill me now

Think its an American M1916 either bought by the NRA or sold off as surplus.

Which reminds me of a story

>Be me
>Fudd-ass brother-in-law talks about a gun he had "customized"
>think its a run-of-the-mill Remchester
>FINALLY gets it back, its a Krag-Jorgensen
>super-deep shiny bluing, jeweled bolt, stock that looks like furniture, drilled & tapped of course
>"hurr durr its a thousand-dollar gun"
>pull nephew aside, go to Gunbroker
>show him prices of sporterized vs original Krags
>nephew now redpilled about sporterizing

Reminds me of a famous saying about customizing cars "Its when a person spends twice what it costs to make it worth half as much"

7.30 in 1946 is equal to 101$ today.

Which even for a basic mosin is a deal. Factoring in labor and materials cost to sporterize. Its a hell of a deal.

I would pay 7,3€ for a sporterized Mosin or any other gun desu. Factoring in materials, tools and labor for me welding a spoiler on my cars roof doesn't add to its value

Fudds and bubbas are polar opposites. Stop trying to "fit in" you retarded newfag.

Yep. Bubba likes to fuck up cool guns and call them "custom." Fudd likes old man guns.

>I'm at least half Fudd
>sooner or later I'm gonna get an AR, though

>Krag
>$1.50
WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME

Looks like someone wanted one of those Russian bolt-action shotguns.

He's not incorrect, there's more 91/30s than your mom's sexual partners.

I was about to say that isn't actually that bad, because the stock looks pretty nice, but then I see the rear sight is attached to the bolt, and my heart sinks a little.

That actually isn't even strange or objectionable.
When the Communism hit and Russia decided they didn't want to pay for the rifles anymore, Remington and Westinghouse decided to stop sending them, but that wasn't the end of the problem, because both of them had tooled up to make fucking loads of these rifles, and now couldn't get them sold, finding themselves with a huge and looming cloud of debt coming their way.

The US Government decided to bail them out and bought their produced stock of rifles at a cost, but then the US Government was stuck with an assload of rifles for which there was no readily available ammunition, and which they really had no use for, then they ultimately decided to just sell it all off as surplus so they could get rid of them (pretty much at a cost here too).

So now there's millions of these fucking rifles which nobody can use, because there's really no 7.62x54mmR available in North America at this time.
Thing is, these rifles were CHEAP, and they were still perfectly good rifles, so what people started to do was to convert them to available calibers such as .30-06, and often build them into low cost sporters, which was a very practical option, because these rifles were brand new without history, and people were more interested in a practical rifle they could use, rather than a wallhanger.
Some of these conversions were done well, some weren't, but generally they were found to be more practical than a gun which you couldn't even shoot.

Given that this was done in the same era they were made, and for really pragmatic reasons, I think that old sporterized American Nagants don't HAVE to be regarded as bubba, just because it isn't authentic for military collectors. That said, there's certainly some which are.

Attached: Bannerman Nugget.jpg (700x259, 34K)

blame the federal reserve

not this again :,(

Attached: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (1024x681, 95K)

"Sporterized" and tacticool durr rifle for the mall.

Attached: WP_20181014_001.jpg (2592x1456, 1.4M)

what
is that supposed to be for left handed manipulation?

There was plenty of x54r available to the US at the time. The Russians were also contracting ammo production at the time.
The Mosin served in the US as the M1916 rifle and were primarily used as training and national guard rifles. They were issued as combat rifles to soldiers of the Siberian expeditionary force.

It was gone when I went there again, did anyone here buy it and attempt to fix the wobbly pistol grip and bolt handle?

Attached: WP_20181014_002.jpg (2592x1456, 1.53M)

That's pretty ugly to look at, no lie.

I did not actually know that, I just extrapolated based on how (relatively) frequent caliber conversions were done.

Buddy they are equal to a low end AR now the times have changed. They aren't $69 anymore

Oh gee, I didn't even see the fucking bolt handle in the first picture, that's REALLY bad.

I guess if I could get it for cheap, I'd either try to restore it, or if that wasn't cost effective, I'd try to fix it up to look at least like an aesthetically presentable rifle.

Attached: 2172eb6a476efa24055064588d881b15.jpg (800x600, 108K)

I guess. It kind of makes sense for being able to cycle the bolt while holding the grip right handed. But it could have been done a lot less janky for sure.

closest thing americans can get to the toz

Attached: 4584a2f571a4c199c615482f8b2895bd.jpg (1200x1600, 385K)

True, but on the flipside of that, this also means they aren't attractive to bubba types anymore, because a proper deer gun or a proper tacticool rifle can be had for a similar price and will do either task better than some dumbass taking a hacksaw and angle grinder to an old nugget.

So at least we have that going, bubba rates drop dramatically as they increase in price.

Caliber conversions were actually fairly rare.
Bannerman's bought the left over rifles ~50k and only converted some. They were the bulk of the 30-06 conversions. The Finns also did a bunch for target and hunting rifles with conversions ranging from 5 to 9mm, all on x54R brass

Yeah, it looked like it was just hacksawed off and crudely screwed into a piece of sheet metal. It seemed to work but was really wobbly. For some reason the rail has a few holes drilled into it that don't line up either. All for $399 buckaroos

Attached: tumblr_nvi5d18f9n1ri0epbo1_500.jpg (500x500, 53K)

Or just drill and tap for normal scope rings.

I know the Russians have the 5.45x54mmR, which I guess would be kind of their .270 Winchester

The quality of sporterization and the time period in which it was done is the most important factors.
People chopping up mosins now is just a disgrace because we are at the point in time where you could probably just have bought a modern low end hunting rifle for less than the cost you'd have to put in to a mosin to mount a scope in a shoddy manner.
100 years ago, sporterization obviously is more logical. but hack jobs like the first post where you got a aperture mounted on the goddamn bolt and that bolt handle is wrong no matter the period.
A sporter that was actually done with an actual effort, like the Larry Potterfield Mauser sporter is at the point where it's become a transformative effort that uses the rifle as a base for something greater.

I saw a sporterized 1903A3 at the gun show for $195 and I regret not getting it.

>The quality of sporterization and the time period in which it was done is the most important factors.
I'm inclined to agree. Nicer ones are obviously better, though I find that if it was just done cleanly and doesn't look like dogshit, I think it has a pragmatic value.

I have however seen commercial 91/30 sporters which look horrible, you know the ones, from back when they were dirt cheap, and some company just chopped down the front of the stock and then sold them without even refinishing them.

>People chopping up mosins now is just a disgrace because we are at the point in time where you could probably just have bought a modern low end hunting rifle for less than the cost you'd have to put in to a mosin to mount a scope in a shoddy manner.
True, this fact has also made this practice less common, fortunately.
I think a lot of the horrible ones you see listed online are ones people have been trying to get rid off for years now, but who wants to buy a Nugget in an Arch Angel stock? That isn't even passable as a sporter.

>but hack jobs like the first post where you got a aperture mounted on the goddamn bolt and that bolt handle is wrong no matter the period
I'd honestly be willing to give the wonky handle a pass if the sight wasn't such a sorry affair.

Attached: Krag Jorgensen Sporter, Springfield.jpg (1280x720, 355K)

>jeweled bolt
I'm willing to tolerate a lot of things, but this isn't one of them.

Attached: 1444540839848.jpg (800x569, 218K)

I can't, it's indicative of someone with a lack of basic sense. The handle likely flexes when trying to operate it, instead of just a basic lifting motion inline with the location the bolt is mounted, you have that dog leg that wants to twist the handle upwards instead of opening the bolt. It's poorly executed and poorly thought out.

It does make you wonder what the thought with it was.

The traditional idea of having the bolt handle close to the trigger, you can see that with the MAS 36, which the bolt is swept forward.

>USED
Well duh.

I'm not going to lie to you, I actually kinda like some of the professionally done sporters. The original stuff is always cooler, but there's something classy to the ones done right.

Attached: 1525679817645.jpg (2463x1642, 283K)

Heh. Nice.

Attached: 15423417465102117352101.jpg (3264x2448, 2.41M)

Attached: 1515087977646.jpg (800x600, 252K)

Attached: 1e8303b06841e623e42d3f860f9f8300.heic.jpg (768x1024, 1.29M)

No, it doesnt add to its value overall. But the guy who did the work still has to factor in costs for him to make money.

We all know it loses market value when one does this. Same with retards who dump 10k into a fucking '96 honda hatchback makws their 1000$ car a 15000$ car with some backwards latino el matho

Loss.jpg

Attached: AD7153ED-D71D-4817-A7F4-F58829E47D50.jpg (1494x2656, 525K)

Why blame them? When the world's richest hoard money and save it for their kids instead of spending it, you have to print money to keep the economy going. Don't like it? Do something to keep people like Jeff Bezos from keeping more money than anyone in history could ever use.

Stuff like this is still kind of acceptable because everything is in same style.
Pistol grip is ugly though, why no wood grip?

Stop making this thread pls

Attached: 1488899024911.gif (192x197, 87K)

I'm not even mad these look Jow Forumsomfy.

>5.45x54r
>Steel core 5.45 projectile

Would that be AP?

Attached: 1537981564770.png (1000x1000, 539K)

Because this grip was literally $0.99 and it's still combloc. Wood grips are expensive.

And? They are still shit and millions were made

>They were issued as combat rifles to soldiers of the Siberian expeditionary force.
No, the Siberian contingent of the AEF carried M1903s because they came via the Philippines. The AEF that went to Arkhangelsk and Murmansk carried US-made M1891s that had been sequestered in Britain when Kerensky's government was overthrown. Incidentally these rifles were not from the remainder of the Russian contract purchased by the US Government to keep Remington and Westinghouse afloat.

Attached: American_troops_in_Vladivostok_1918_HD-SN-99-02013.jpg (1940x1187, 540K)

it doesn't matter if a qualified gunsmith bubbad it. its still bubbad. russia or any nugget nation did not issue bubbad mosins.

If the US Army Ordnance department did it, it's not Bubba.

I will say, I've pondered the idea of a shortbarreled, underfolding Mosin quite a bit and this arouses me. I wouldn't have chopped the stock like that or added the rail though

Attached: 1478653695853.jpg (1598x488, 39K)

Except with tuning cars you can usually actually make them better.
youtube.com/watch?v=3UVa3xn-FzE

Attached: 1896_Krag_Sporter_10-31-2018_A.jpg (1200x900, 1012K)

i thought dr strange was good too

Attached: 69E24732-2715-42D0-9B67-E42CF3874CB0.jpg (4032x3024, 2.54M)

>The Finns also did a bunch for target and hunting rifles with conversions ranging from 5 to 9mm, all on x54R brass

Attached: 26794d1257719171-7-62x54r-wildcats-finnishrifleammoslargezl1.jpg (1024x825, 154K)

>fudd likes old man guns

Oy vey goyim...

I saw that same gun a year ago at a duluth gunshow. The fucker that was selling it off as a veitnom trophy, rembering the thing had braze welds on the lower, plus he wanted $1200 for it.

plz god stop, how could you butcher an stg like that.

Attached: 7408365.0.jpg (214x188, 16K)

>9x54R
That was a good idea. I need a levergun chambered in that.

How the fuck is that Jewish at all? I love my .30-06 Springfield and Python. Those are 10/10 fudd cannons

Attached: 19FACD67-24B0-4A51-97FA-C09C012957D6.jpg (750x538, 62K)

Trying to find a date on this but can't. What decade?

>magazines all the way down

I always think the chain should be longer. Yeah, it looses the gunchucks aesthetic, and yeah, "aim" is a strong word to use for what you can do when firing a rifle that's been cut that short, but then you could actually fucking aim one of them without having to awkwardly hold both of them out at a weird angle.

Attached: Crossfire Mk1 AR and Shotgun combo.jpg (750x253, 20K)

You saying Bubba didn't exist back then? Shit there's been Bubbas probably just as long as there's been guns.

pretty sexy, but where are the shotshells kept?

Attached: STOP.png (800x262, 287K)

Attached: 3in1.jpg (1000x662, 133K)

the buttstock, there is a forgotten weapons video about that particular firearm

Jesus dude that fucked, not surprising though.