Superior to 5.56 from shorter barrel length (greater muzzle energy, less muzzle blast)

>superior to 5.56 from shorter barrel length (greater muzzle energy, less muzzle blast)
>carries its energy to a longer range than 5.56
>switch between subs and supers, surpressed or unsurpressed with no gas system adjustments
>huge range of projectiles, from lehigh's 78gr 5.56 emulator all the way up to 300+gr cast bullets that still cycle in an AR
>only thing needd from standard 5.56 AR is a new barrel, even 5.56 magazines are compatible with .300blk
>uses standard .308 bullets to reload which are plentiful and inexpensive
>greater penetration due to mass means it hunts larger game easier than 5.56, and the .30 caliber means it's legal in more areas
Ammo cost is not a valid critique of 300blk, nor of any caliber. Also not avalid critique is that it can't shoot 600 yards easily like a 5.56 - that wasn't what it was designed to do. You wouldn't criticize a .45 ACP for not having the ballistics of a 5.7x28mm, would you?
So with all this in mind: why does this caliber get so much shit?

Attached: 300blk.png (403x423, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzio_20mm_rifle
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Ammo cost is not a valid critique of 300blk
So then 20mm is superior in every way then.

Absolute trash argument. Leave the thread now.

What are its uses ?

Don't make GAU-chan sad.

Attached: 1280px-30mm_GAU-8_Avenger_round.jpg (1280x1707, 208K)

No you leave and delete this thread, you tried to circumvent the main point that counters your point and failed.

Its basically just 45 acp. 556 is better in every way ballistically

I am heavily considering a ruger american ranch in .300blk for innawoods and the ability to take stanags. do any of you have one?

Cost has nothing to do with caliber. If every manufacturer stopped producing 5.56 and the cpr instantly tripled overnight, would that make 5.56 any less effective of a round at what it was designed for?

No. So get the hell out.
Subsonic is .45ACP. Supersonic has just as much if not more energy as 5.56.

Come back when ammo prices are good

>why does this caliber get so much shit?
Because of poorfags, just like with 10mm.

There is nothing 300 can do that 556 can't do with the right rifle
Just because you morons only use ARs doesn't mean they're the only rifle out there.

10mm is for poor niggers. 460 rowland is the king of auto cartridges.

Reload your own ammo. Stop being a bitch to the ammo manufacturers.
There exists a 5.56 rifle that can switch between supersonic and subsonic, surpressed and unsurpressed with no gas changes, and still get the same performance from a 9" barrel that 5.56 gets from a 15" barrel? Where can I buy this magic gun?

Compared to 5.56? Heavier per round. Generally poorer BC. Precision loads subpar. AP loads subpar.

This is like having a thread about the AUG vs AR15 and trying to limit discussion about the AR15s greater production base, more mature product improvement and better developed aftermarket.

6.5 creedmoor would like to slap ur wife

Cycle when loaded subsonic.
Also give good terminal ballistics while subsonic.
Also give good terminal ballistics from a 10.5" barrel, which 5.56mm struggles with, without making enormous concussive fireballs.

>switch between subs and supers, surpressed or unsurpressed with no gas system adjustments
Yeah, you can do it with a nonadjustable gas system, but you will probably have to do other things like fuck around with buffer weights.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x199, 99K)

Attached: e80a8ae87e31462ebbf18ee9e52040a9.jpg (440x395, 50K)

>Reload your own ammo
Then 20mm is better. You're just trying to justify buying a shit gun.

Subsonic 300blk is more effective at 100yds than 45ACP. Also, it's not all about the cartridge. I know handguns and pistol caliber carbines have come a long way in the past few years, but using an AR in 300blk allows you more magazine capacity as well as the ability to use force multipliers like red dots more easily than a handgun.

Moot point still as civilians can't own 20mm weaponry.
I didn't by my 300blk, I built it. Try again, poorfag

>Also not avalid critique is that it can't shoot 600 yards easily like a 5.56 - that wasn't what it was designed to do.
This is an important consideration for a military round.

Why don't you tell us what purpose you think the 300 blakout is intended for.

See...without the purpose, it is fuitle to discuss the superiority of one round over another round.

For instance...tell me which round is superior....a 308 or a 12 gauge #4 buckshot?

This question is meaningless. What is its intended use?

>This is an important consideration for a military round.
Depends on the use case. A military taking pot-shots at hajis at 600m? 5.56 is fine. A military of soldiers operating in an urban environment? 300BLK is clearly superior in this case.
>Why don't you tell us what purpose you think the 300 blakout is intended for.
Short-barreled ARs that can cycle subs and supers surpressed and unsurpressed with no gas system modification while performing as well as a standard-length 5.65 AR, while having better barrier penetration and greater range of bullet weights.
>For instance...tell me which round is superior....a 308 or a 12 gauge #4 buckshot?
I never said it was superior to another round overall - but in quite a number of ways it is far superior to 5.56 from an AR.

>You wouldn't criticize a .45 ACP for not having the ballistics of a 5.7x28mm

>Also give good terminal ballistics from a 10.5" barrel, which 5.56mm struggles with, without making enormous concussive fireballs.

So why are you a faggot thats going against your own rules of the debate?

>civilians can't own 20mm weaponry
Oh you mean we can't build guns? Who would have thought we did that? Hmm....

>So why are you a faggot thats going against your own rules of the debate?
OP here, the comment wasn't me. Even so I can answer your question: that point was probably made to clarify one of the reasons why .300blk is better for short barrels.

its still comparing ballistics. Regardless of what its trying to clarify.

*blocks your path*

Attached: hornady%20018.jpg (640x480, 45K)

thread
imagine being this mad about your shitty argumen being dismantled on a southern mongolian beef seasoning forum

/thread

The only thing 300 memeout does well is when you've got a short barrel and a can. Otherwise it's a rainbow trajectory that doesn't do what an intermediate cartridge is supposed to do well - which is shoot a relatively flat trajectory and be able to put down targets anywhere from knife distance to a few hundred yards.

6.5 Grendel is objectively the best intermediate round atm, but 5.56 does just fucking fine, and 5.56 does better than .300 lolout at anything beyond doorkicker range.

fuck off nigger you got BTFO. do you even own a memeout or any guns

For short barreled ARs in close quarters combat? I'll concede that .300 blackout is likely a bit better due to unquestionably better terminal ballistics, especially at say 150 yards compared to a 10.5" ar15, with the benefits of more versatile suppressor loads.
However, this is fairly niche imo.
If comparing them as general purpose cartridges, 5.56 from a 16" barrel will have similar terminal ballistics to.300 blackout, but can reach out to 600 meters a opposed to .300 blackout's max range of around 300 meters (maybe 400 from a 16" barrel?). 5.56 is also much lighter and a bit softer recoiling. 5.56 is better in almost every way besides cqb suppressed sbr, which I think people are kind of silly using 5.56 for.

I like 300 because the subsonic is strong enough to cycle and be quiet. 223 wasnt. I also like short barrels but 223 felt silly because it was making such big fireballs.

So l converted all my 223s to 300. So thats a 16.5 inch and a new 8.5 inch.
However.

I recently built a .45 acp glock mag Ar-45. It was kind of expensive since its not lousy blowback. And it comes out of a 8 inch barrel.

If l had known how fun 9mm and 45 ARs were. Id rather have a 20 inch A2 clone in 223. And a pistol carbine AR than anything in 300.
300 is just too frankenstein.

Not compatible with any shoulder fired weapon. Fuck off you fucking noguns scum.

7.62x40WT or bust

So in other words a shittier version of 7.62x39?

If you hunt you can get quality supersonic reloads for 36cpr shipped or brand new subsonics for 49cpr shipped.

Come back when there is another AR platform/caliber combo that allows for super short barrels, good ballistics both super and subsonic, and can change between the two by just swapping mags.

>.30 caliber bullet has poorer BC as compared to .22 caliber bullet
What?

>Doesn't function subsonic

>Shittier
>Actually works in ARs
>Takes standard mags
>common subsonic loads available that cycle actions reliably

Attached: DSC03320.jpg (4440x2960, 3.35M)

>marginal subsonic performance over .45 ACP out of a 9 inch barrel
lel

subsonic 300 is fucking 9mm lmao

>.380 caliber pistol bullet weighing 147 grains
>.30 caliber rifle bullet weighing 200 grains
Don't you have a thread to go shit up calling people retards, retard?

Attached: DSC03325.jpg (4372x2900, 3.16M)

>53 grains makes enough of a difference to matter
Thats a big oof from me. You killed any of your friends yet, jellyhead?

This guy from earlier. Any opinions? And how would this do against mule deer

>Doesn't function subsonic
Right, that's the one thing that 300BLK does better.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzio_20mm_rifle

I quite like my 5.7 Herstal. If they made a handgun that could hold 20+1 and 30+1 extended of 300blk id probably buy one. But they don't.

Never mind guys. I'm retarded. Should have read OP better. Still like my 5.7 though.

>Moot point still as civilians can't own 20mm weaponry.
Wrong. Form 4 and $200 + purchase price is all you need.

See, I've been having this same thought. Supersonic .300blk is basically 7.62x39, and nobody's ever called that anemic. A properly engineered .300blk AR would be the correct answer to "what AK should I buy guise"

Attached: honey badger unsuppressed rifle.jpg (2048x1365, 94K)

yes

200 grains with 7.62x35, so whats the max range?

150 yards at 400FPS

Attached: 1469745752228.gif (230x175, 1.94M)

>ammo cost is not a valid critique of 300blk
yeah it fucking is. it costs nearly as much as and sometimes more than the superior 7.62x51 which is actually useful.
>b-b-b-but i can use my old AR15 parts
cost of getting a firearm that doesn't fire a wimpy AK47 wannabe bullet is not a valid critique of 7.62x51. you should have had one in the first place.

also just get an AK47. if it's a short range rifle why is direct impingement useful? the weight savings are negligible, the barrel harmonics and mechanical recoil issues are more of a concern.

>You wouldn't criticize a .45 ACP for not having the ballistics of a 5.7x28mm
actually i would because .45 just sucks compared to everything given how bad the standard set of autoloading pistol cartridges is at making properly large holes, and 5.7 makes a similarly sized hole and goes through light body armor before doing it. handguns suck like that. for example, the effectiveness of .45 ACP in self defense has such a small sample size behind it that it's more likely that it has a slightly lower amount of shots per incapacitate because the few people who carry .45 ACP are most likely better shots due to the strong association of 1911s with target shooting, while 9mm is the NPC caliber and all sorts of retards use it, and many are so dumb they actually use FMJ rounds for self defense. by slightly lower i mean

10mm is shootable, .460 Rowland is not, and is exclusively being supported by the jackass who made it. It's a scam and it's shit, just use .45 Super

>surpressed

Most people, excluding some military and law enforcement, don't care about subsonic performance and their rifle being suppressed, and with good reason. And velocity>bullet weight. Nobody cares about your clown round, you asshole. Go fuck yourself.

FPBP

I love how OP was assblasted on the first response and is helplessly trying to recover from the start.

Attached: typical blackout poster.jpg (1068x1775, 172K)

>Thread

Faggot op on suicide watch

>Ammo cost is not a valid critique

You were doing so well until this point. Might as well chamber in .338 lapua

Attached: sidesobliterated.png (1952x1920, 792K)

300 blackout is a very useful cartridge and I wish more people would get into it. The whole
>lelel too expensive
argument is a retarded poorfag arguement. Adoption leads to lower prices. Its already come down from $1 per round to 40-50cpr. If you want it cheaper, buy a 300 blackout rifle and some ammo. don't be part of the poorfag problem

Nope sorry YOU are absolute trash...and so is your choice in weapons/calibers! So eat a dick you faggot nigger! Next you'll be going on about how .224 Val is SOOooOO Great!

Kek

Ackshully 875fps @ 400yds with subsonic 200gr
1369fps @ 400yds with supersonic 110gr

Doesn't really matter because 300 supers have more ft lbs than any 5.56 up to 500yds

.45 leaves notably larger holes than 5.7x28. All that hype about 5.7x28 having similar ballistics to 5.56 is just bogues. 5.7x28 is a great round because it can penetrate weak armor, has low recoil, high capacity, and enough soft target penetration to damage vitals, it's essentially a better version of 9mm, but with a few dimensional drawbacks. Lets not pretend it has high terminal performance though, a good load MIGHT come close to 9mm. It ain't touching .45 though.

Energy doesn't mean shit if it drops too much to make good hits at that distance. Plus, it'd have notably more recoil.

except nobody is shooting 300blk at those distances and nobody should compare it at those distances. its an under 300yd cartridge. It excels under that distance. /thread

>10mm is shootable, .460 Rowland is not
you some kind of pussy? also 45 win mag is better than both

>If you want it cheaper, buy a 300 blackout rifle and some ammo
>spend a ton on expensive ammo
>hope enough other suckers also do this
>eventually, hopefully, the prices might come down

Yeah, no. Enjoy your meme cartridge. The market has already determined the caliber of the future amd it's not .300bbc

It's not even that expensive nigger, its often cheaper than 308. stop being poor

>the market has already determined the caliber of the future
is that why 300blk is more prevalent than ever?

It can't go through nij lvl 3 armor

Also /Thread

/Thread

Op is a fag

If you handload just save your money and make a .308 sub sonic load it's common here in NZ.

Just make sure your twist rate is correct as they destabilize easily

NTW-20 and Anzio

Nigga what? Cost per round is absolutely a valid critique. When i can pick up 5.56 for $0.25 per round, .308 for $0.29 per round, and 7.62x39 for $0.17 per round, .300blk's cost of $0.40 per round on a good day can easily be a deal breaker.

see
Imagine getting blown the fuck out this hard. Eat shit you stupid nigger.

you're saying it's even worse? the 9mm has a flatter trajectory and bigger wound channel. fucking lmao

I know everyone is arguing, but I really like the fact that if the round goes extinct I'm only out

>a pistol bullet has a flatter trajectory than a heavier spitzer bullet

Attached: FXLThSZ.jpg (600x341, 13K)

>gets absolutely BTFO'd

do us a favor and go back to /lgbt/ where you belong, fag

Shit does it take mags now? I ended up getting a Mossberg MVP because the American took proprietary magazines, not AR mags

>it's 2 am
>robbers break into your house
>luckily, you get all your gun advice from a mongolian basket weaving enthusiast forum
>"well, 20mm is the best because cost isn't that important"
>go outside your house
>robbers hear engine revving
>it's really fucking loud
>look outside
>see you inside some german armored vehicle, on your Flakvierling 38, naked, in the seat
>yell some obscure German moon speak language for "FIRING"
>obliterate your house with 20mm
I mean, you are legally allowed to defend yourself with a full auto, I don't see why DD is a no go

Kek

>.300 Blackout is great!
>list of things that requires mutually exclusive builds to attain

>FEUER!!!
>Quad 20mm cannons firing 1800 rounds per minute absolutely obliterates everything.

I like it because I have a shitload of .223 brass, a shit load of .308 bullets, and a shit load of h110. Plus it's my bedside gun.

Bro most people can't afford .300blk. What's the point in buying a rifle you can't shoot. Calling people poorfags isn't a counter argument. No matter how much better it is it's not really worth the cost increase. Besides .300blk is only marginal better. If you want to make a .300blk sbr go ahead that's fine you don't need to justify it to us we don't care.

300 is a serious hog killer man 223 just can’t keep up with hogs like the 300 can dropes them on the spot

While Grendel would be better and more useable.

>sleeping
>hear robbers break in
>"jokes on you, I get firearms and HD advice from a taiwanese hat manufacturing forum"
>load 75mm PaK 40, because cost is not important
>robbers hear breech block slam
>FEUER
>turn robbers into vaporized ground meat
>eardrums now have a dick sized hole in them
>front of house, neighbors house, and the kids park across the way no longer exist

Yeah they take stanags rn

>300 blk is better for pigs
that's true. Have you tried any of the gucci 556 rounds tho? Like 77gr or 69gr smk

I think it's a pretty cool round, I reload and have .30 suppressors so it works fine for me. I also like the fact that it works fine out of 8" barrels, so I can get a much reduced OAL.

It isn't really a replacement for 5.56, though.

this is now a 20mm self defense thread

why wouldn't I just use 7.62x39?

yep it's the future get with it nerds all the special operation teams put this stuff in their sbr real slick like pew pew silent you never knew what hit you turn up the heat and blast em with the supersonic gotcha now bet you didn't even expect that blammo

>So with all this in mind: why does this caliber get so much shit?
Because unlike your underageb& ass, I'm old enough to remember the last time a caliber came out making these sorts of claims.

>problems in AR platform
>lack of bullet weight variance
>cannot be reloaded most of the time
>cannot be easily surpressed/subsonic
Name a single caliber that has ever done what 300blk does as well as it does.

7.62x39

>problems in AR platform
So get a new gun.
>lack of bullet weight varience
Not a problem with the round but manufacturers
>cannot be reloaded
cheap enough you don't need to.
>cannot be easily supressed/subsonic
Yes it can you mongoloid.

Anyway, the only caliber worth owning is 6.5x55.
>no recoil
>accurate to 1000 yards
>effective to 1000 yards
>can kill any game north of Africa; can kill African game too with the right loading
>capable of sub-MOA groupings in 100 year old rifles
Stop being a poor pleb and invest in a real caliber.